George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
A prince over a Silver Fox any day EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

A prince over a Silver Fox any day

+3
lucy
melbert
Dexterdidit
7 posters

Go down

A prince over a Silver Fox any day Empty A prince over a Silver Fox any day

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 04:42

Tyla Peakes | 26 June, 2011 01:21

The world's most eligible bachelor is back on the market. Yes, George Clooney has dumped his girlfriend of two years and is footloose and fancy-free again. Just when it looked like all was lost for those hoping to capture his heart, the Silver Fox once again pulled back from the brink of marriage, this time to girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis. In a shock announcement this week, the pair said their relationship was over, calling it "very difficult and very personal".
You can't help but pity the 32-year-old Italian actress who so nearly netted him. He couldn't keep his hands off her in public. Holidays were spent together at his villa on Lake Como, she strutted the red carpet with him at premieres and she even got to meet his parents. So besotted was he, say friends, that he was known to send her up to 60 smses a day.

So, what happened? I'm afraid Miss Elisabetta lost the plot and mentioned the "M" word. There's no way she couldn't have know that Monsieur Clooney is a commitmentphobe of note. It's not that he even bothers to hide it. After a failed marriage to actress Talia Balsam in the early 1990s, he announced that he would never marry again.

In 1995 he told TV interviewer Barbara Walters that it would be "a cold day in Hell" before he trotted down the aisle again. And he reiterated that on the Piers Morgan show on CNN in January when he said he feared that he would be a lousy husband and he didn't want to put himself and his partner through the pain of finding out. That seems pretty clear cut to me.

But, oh no, only six months later, Canalis decided it was time to push the issue. In an interview with the Italian magazine, Chi, she said she was "a firm believer in marriage" and that she would be married in the future. Referring to Clooney's reputation as an eternal bachelor, she said: "I could never be with someone who every time he opens his mouth says he doesn't want a child with me or to marry me."

That couldn't have gone down too well with Clooney . Things reportedly came to a head during a fiery argument at his lakeside villa last week. He was angry about the interview and she accused him of not spending time with her. The upshot was that she stormed out and fled to Milan. End of row, end of romance.

So, where does it leave all the Clooney fans out there?

Happily, I am not one of them. At 50 and with that greying hair, he is a little too old for me.

I don't need Clooney. There are plenty of eligible bachelors out there. Leonardo DiCaprio is still unhitched (and he has a private island), Ryan Seacrest is well-connected (and one of my idols), and Jake Gyllenhaal is the sexiest thing on the silver screen. If I wanted a sportsman, I'd try to nab baseball star Alex Rodriguez - "A-Rod". I don't mind that he's slept with Madonna and Cameron Diaz, he's cute.

But, if the truth be told, I still dream of marrying a prince. If Charlene Wittstock can do it, why can't I? I know that Albert of Monaco and Prince William are taken, and that Chelsy Davy has all but snapped up Prince Harry, but there are plenty of other princes out there.

My favourite is Prince Andrea Casiraghi. The name may not mean anything, but this dashingly handsome 26-year-old is the son of Princess Caroline of Monaco and her late speedboat-racing husband, Stefano Casiraghi, who was heir to an Italian oil fortune. His granny, of course, was the Hollywood actress Grace Kelly.

And the prince is not just a pretty face. He studied international politics in Paris and taught children in Senegal, Togo and Niger in support of one of his mother's charities. He is completing graduate studies in New York City. I am sure I could interest him in another trip to Africa, this time to the southern tip, where I can hopefully teach him a thing or two.

The funny thing is that his future depends on whether our Charlene can provide an heir to the throne in Monaco. If Prince Albert dies without legitimate children, then my Andrea will be in line to move into the royal palace. With a little bit of luck, I'll be at his side. Sure beats being Mrs George Clooney, don't you think?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

A prince over a Silver Fox any day Empty Re: A prince over a Silver Fox any day

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 26 Jun 2011, 07:19

Actually Prince Harry is single again things have cooled once more with Chelsy. The british press are all speculating because his cousing Zara didn't give him a plus one for her wedding in a couple of weeks. They think she may have someone lined up for him. Anyone would be better then Chelsy that girl is one mess! Princes are good but there are rules I think you can have more fun with George.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Jun 2011, 14:53

I'd take George over any prince any day of the week and twice on Sunday (oh goody - today is Sunday, so I get him twice today!!!)
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 26 Jun 2011, 16:30

Harry seems to have more fun than Will, lucky 2nd in line. But I'd vote for George our own prince of fun!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 26 Jun 2011, 16:32

Hi Melbert, it's nice to see you and your sense of humor back.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Jun 2011, 16:55

Hi Cindi, nice to be back!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Mon 27 Jun 2011, 11:27

i'm happy u bring that article here but i don't know why i think i have feeling that would be many like this try to understate george reputation or statue if i can say i don't know the right expression u know what i mean like he is not a catch and comparing him with others prince and whatever and speaking he is old and elisabetta is better without him she is the winner they broke up she will find better BF ,that's BS .but i guess it's some thing elisabetta would do.
ma say that yeah william is a nice person but clooney is nicer .

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 27 Jun 2011, 12:45

I'm with you Melbert, but your gonna have to share!! Men like Gee are hard to find, and I'd rather have him over some others in todays lime light. I would so love to out chocolate down Gee's pants!!.... Embarassed
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Jun 2011, 15:30

fluffy wrote:I'm with you Melbert, but your gonna have to share!! Men like Gee are hard to find, and I'd rather have him over some others in todays lime light. I would so love to out chocolate down Gee's pants!!.... Embarassed

Fluffy, I don’t understand what you said. Could you please explain? Maybe I’ve been out of the loop for too long!

I’d vote for George any day of the week. Not only is he gorgeous, he’s funny, talented and generous! “The complete "package" and Yeah Right, too!

Last edited by Cinderella on Mon 27 Jun 2011, 15:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : quotes)

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 27 Jun 2011, 16:45

I think she means put chocolate down George's underwear, but I'm not sure why.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 28 Jun 2011, 01:34

Oooh that is not a good look!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jun 2011, 02:07

FYI - I'm not that naive. I wanted to see what the answer would be. Sorry!
Letting off steam Mopping up the mess Computer says no

The only way I guessed, if I'm right, is the chocolate comment in another thread. I really haven't heard it before now, but I think I know. So, what's that tell you about me? I don't know the entire lingo but I can get the gist.

Last edited by Cinderella on Tue 28 Jun 2011, 02:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 28 Jun 2011, 02:57

I'm not a chocoholic, so chocolate in his pants is not what I would do... Let's see, now what WOULD I put in his pants?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 28 Jun 2011, 03:15

Your hands Melbert, your hands!!!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 28 Jun 2011, 03:35

10 points to Lucy!!!!! get it? 10 fingers - 10 points!! hardeeharharhar!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Tue 28 Jun 2011, 06:32

Geezz he really needs to show up! Very funny girls......
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 29 Jun 2011, 03:01

Yes he does Dex!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down