George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
What happened to Angel, George's PA EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What happened to Angel, George's PA

+8
Katiedot
party animal - not!
annemarie
Alisonfan
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
PigPen
12 posters

Go down

What happened to Angel, George's PA Empty Re: What happened to Angel, George's PA

Post by PigPen Sat 12 Aug 2017, 17:09

Not sure where this question should be posted.....

What ever became of George's PA Angel?  Can't very well tend to him if she's in LA and he's all over the place.  Doubt if she's traveling the world with him, or pitching a tent in England and Como. Girl's gotta have a life.

Any ideas?  ( my official thought is Mel drop kicked her out of the way and is glued to his Nibbs hip)  super cool

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

What happened to Angel, George's PA Empty Re: What happened to Angel, George's PA

Post by LizzyNY Sat 12 Aug 2017, 19:49

PP - Not a clue. I know I've seen her and Stan with George when he's traveling to promote a film or doing the awards circuit. Most celebrities seem to expect their assistants to be available 24/7, but I don't think George is that selfish. After working together all this time I'm sure they've come to a mutually satisfactory working arrangement with time built in for Angel to have a life.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 12 Aug 2017, 22:42

My guess would be that as George's life has changed, Angel's job has shifted. I think she's probably the one coordinating his schedule and travel, and acting as liason for production meetings, etc. And Amal can be in charge of buying birthday gifts for the friends' kids and making sure the dogs get to the vet.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Aug 2017, 04:06

PigPen wrote:
Any ideas?  ( my official thought is Mel drop kicked her out of the way and is glued to his Nibbs hip)  super cool
dingdingding!  The winner is PigPen!!!!  cheers
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 13 Aug 2017, 11:45

Amal has more pa than George.Amal job to important for dog run and present to buy! Amal pa one of them could do Angel job to better maybe. Then Amal have control of George like nanny and baby. Time for retirement of Angel.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 13 Aug 2017, 13:29

Alisonfan - You really don't want to go there! Amal is a lawyer who gets attention for her clients and causes - and herself - especially since she married George. She does that well. As for winning cases - not so much - although the excuse is that things take a long time to get settled in her field of law - at least the field she's working in now.

George has spent the last 30 or so years making films that entertain millions and take their minds off their problems. He has allowed his life to become tabloid fodder - again so people can focus on something other than their own lives and live vicariously through him (and yes, of course he benefited from all of it, too).

BUT, at the same time he has involved himself in humanitarian and political activism to an extent that few celebrities have. I would posit that his efforts have had ten times the effect of anything Amal has done and her efforts now are magnified by the fact that she is his wife. He has brought her into his world of humanitarian action - not the other way around.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 13 Aug 2017, 19:15

I think Amal has been involved with humanitarian work even before she met and married George. Marriage to him has brought more attention to the causes and her cases. Which is too be expected she is married to one of the biggest movie stars in the world.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 13 Aug 2017, 22:52

Alisonfan wrote:Amal has more pa than George.Amal job to important for dog run and present to buy! Amal pa one of them could do Angel job to better maybe. Then Amal have control of George like nanny and baby. Time for retirement of Angel.

Amal is a nearly 40-year-old woman who can't cook and (according to the husband we all admire) is not in the habit of clearing her own messes. That is someone who was brought up believing she would be either perpetually served or cared for. George will be hiring more staff, not getting rid of the people who have been seeing after him for years.

Lizzy pretty much said it. And George does all that while possessing the humility and ability to do the simple human stuff.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 13 Aug 2017, 23:23

Alisonfan, if Amal has "more pa than George" maybe that's why the press says she looks "radiant" after giving birth and George looks tired! Maybe he's taking care of business as usual as well as the twins while she has her mother, the nurse/nanny/pa and George to do all the mommy stuff.
I'm sorry, but I can't put her on a pedestal.

My next door neighbor is a twenty-something immigrant who is building a new life in a country completely foreign to her. She and her husband came here from Azerbaijan - no family or friends were waiting here for them.  She doesn't know the customs or the language and is just beginning to learn her way around.

At the same time she is raising three children under the age of ten - without help - and is pregnant with her fourth child. Her husband works all the hours God gives him, leaving before 6am and coming home in the early evening - at which time he takes the kids outside for an hour or two to give his wife a break. - Oh, and did I mention they're raising their family in a studio apartment? (one medium sized room, small kitchen and a bathroom.)

That's a woman who has my respect.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Aug 2017, 00:07

You know, I think I admire both women for their different abilities in worlds apart.

I certainly don't think I could cope in either of their worlds to the same extent that they have.

But I'm happy to have fitted a career around the priorities of my children.

Tho along the way proving to be a lousy cook, and often introducing whatever it as 'ruined'.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 14 Aug 2017, 01:55

I think there are a lot of women who don't cook my daughter is one of them ,. And we are not rich at all. We all have different lives some harder than others I think we all do our best in the circumstances we are given.
If Amal were a horrible person George would never have married her. 

I agree with Pan I think both women are to be admired no one's life is perfect not even Amals. It is easy to make assumptions being on the outside looking in is much different than being on the inside looking out.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

What happened to Angel, George's PA Empty What happened to Angel, George's PA

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 14 Aug 2017, 02:56

Never said Amal is a horrible person. By all accounts, she's aces. But I contend that her new life is not a surprise to her. Maybe she didn't plan for the magnitude of it, but I think she certainly expected to live the 'upstairs' life.

There's a difference between 'can't cook' and 'don't cook' or 'won't cook.' And if your clearing dinner dishes is an event remarkable enough that it becomes a plot twist in your engagement story, then you're a person who's just used to somebody else doing your scut work.

But that may be one of the things George finds adorable about her.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Aug 2017, 05:11

I'm still amazed at the (apparent) shock and horror at the idea of a woman who doesn't cook. Is this an American thing? There are so many women who can't cook and it says nothing about their expectations in life other than they believe they'll never live too far from a supermarket or take away.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 14 Aug 2017, 06:41

Katie,
in Germany there are quite a few people (not just women) who can't cook. And it's increasing because you (at least that's my own experience) usually start learning to cook at home. Sit in the kitchen and help your mom cleaning and cutting vegetables, the smell of a tasty soup, baking cakes and cookies etc. That's something I connect with my childhood.

I don't know why people don't know how to cook. In most schools in Germany you don't learn it, but I didn't learn it at school and yet know how to cook (although I don't like to cook everyday, needing to have dinner ready at a certain time).
Of course it's easy with being able to buy pre-cooked dinner in supermarkers or ordering take-away-dinners, but it's much more expensive than cooking yourself, and you don't know all the ingredients as well.

We once had a discussion at work about this due to the fact that the organisation who collects food and gives it to poorer people, said that many of their clients refuse certain vegetables like potatoes or carots (so basics, nothing exotic) because they don't know how to cook them. So they prefer to buy french fries / chips because that doesn't require any cooking skills. So we started offering cooking classes, but hardly anybody joined them...

Oh yes, last week I talked to the mother of a classmate of my twins, and she complained about "that my son needs to join cooking classes at school although he's a boy." When I replied that everybody should be able to cook, not just girls, she said: "But when he's getting married, his wife can do it." This left me quite speechless, but I did remind her that we live in the 21st century. I'm not sure she understood what I meant though...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 14 Aug 2017, 11:38

True, Carolhathaway.  I don't think it's a 'thing' anymore to be able to cook: nowadays they're building apartments that don't even have a kitchen (as you and I would understand it).  All they include is a kettle, microwave and fridge-freezer.  Urban life for working professionals doesn't necessarily including preparation and cooking of food.  

Back to the original question, I would guess Angel's still around and doing the same job.  George's life has always been lived abroad a lot - I guess he's just kind of swapped Mexico for the UK. She was credited on Money Monster as Assistant to George Clooney.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 14 Aug 2017, 13:37

What the hell did I start?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 14 Aug 2017, 14:31

Could she be the one with the dogs at the front here?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 14 Aug 2017, 14:48

Katiedot wrote:True, Carolhathaway.  I don't think it's a 'thing' anymore to be able to cook: nowadays they're building apartments that don't even have a kitchen (as you and I would understand it).  All they include is a kettle, microwave and fridge-freezer.  Urban life for working professionals doesn't necessarily including preparation and cooking of food.  

Back to the original question, I would guess Angel's still around and doing the same job.  George's life has always been lived abroad a lot - I guess he's just kind of swapped Mexico for the UK.  She was credited on Money Monster as Assistant to George Clooney.
It's weird.  Seems like a lot of middle ground has been lost.  Lots of people "don't cook."  I get that (although for me it's often been an economic necessity).  On the other hand, I have many friends who have practically become chefs they are so into food.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 14 Aug 2017, 15:51

I think I have always coupled my comments about Amal not cooking with the statement that she also apparently doesn't bother, for repeat instance, to clear her own dishes. It's the combination of behaviors that leads me to my opinion that she was raised expecting to be catered to.

It may be an American thing. I don't know. It's probably more of a socioeconomic thing. When I was growing up, we didn't eat out. We couldn't afford it. And my siblings and I were all expected to cook family meals by the time we were about twelve, because that was part of functioning as a family.

My daughter, and therefore my oldest granddaughter, is in an exponentially better financial position than my parents ever were. But my 11-year-old granddaughter is responsible for one family meal a week, and it can't be hot dogs or chicken nuggets or whatever. She's not a great cook (yet) but she's getting pretty damn good, and whether she continues or not, or gets better or not as an adult, she will always be able to fend for herself... which is the point.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 14 Aug 2017, 16:51

I asked what happened to Angel... How did we get to wheither Amal is or isn't a domestic goddess..... that's a leap not even Evel Knieval ( American motorcycle daredevil) could make!!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 14 Aug 2017, 18:54

PP - You underestimate us! We can spin straw into gold if we want to. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 14 Aug 2017, 21:28

I'd bet Angel can cook.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Carolina Gal Tue 15 Aug 2017, 19:15

Wasn't Angel the assistant that George had living in Studio City on his property?  I thought she would take care of that home while he was away.
Carolina Gal
Carolina Gal
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 16 Aug 2017, 05:33

Yep Carolina.  I thought Angel lived on George's LA property. Now that George will spend much less time there maybe she will stay on to oversee and maintain it.
I'm assuming she still works for George. We will have to look for her name in the credits of 'Suburbicon'.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down