George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
10 women George should consider dating next EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
10 women George should consider dating next EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
10 women George should consider dating next EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
10 women George should consider dating next EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
10 women George should consider dating next EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
10 women George should consider dating next EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
10 women George should consider dating next EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
10 women George should consider dating next EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
10 women George should consider dating next EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

10 women George should consider dating next

+5
Natascha
cindigirl
lucy
Dexterdidit
Katiedot
9 posters

Go down

10 women George should consider dating next Empty 10 women George should consider dating next

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jun 2011, 23:12

Well, if he still doesn't know how to love a woman, he could try one of these: "Ten women George should consider dating next" from The Washington Post - Entertainment
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Posted at 01:59 PM ET, 06/24/2011

George Clooney: 10 women he should consider dating next

By Jen Chaney

When the news broke this week that George Clooney and his girlfriend of two years, Elisabetta Canalis, ended their relationship, women around the world suddenly shared the same delusional thought: “Wait, he’s available? Maybe I’m next.”

Well, the odds are that most likely you are not next. But inevitably, some lucky lady out there will become the next person who regularly accompanies the Duke of Hollywood Sophistication on his red carpet travels. Clooney, a 50-year-old mega-movie star, clearly doesn’t need anyone’s help in the romance department. Nevertheless, Celebritology has decided to offer it anyway with this list of 10 women Clooney should consider dating next. (For the record, the women on this list don’t need Celebritology’s help either. But this is all a game of fantasy, so just play along.)

All of them possess glamour, a sense of humor and/or an “it” factor that would make them irresistible Clooney partners, at least from a celebrity- watching perspective.

Obviously all of this is hypothetical. But even within this hypothetical realm, married women are ruled out. Which is a bummer, because that kicks both Christina Hendricks and Julianna Margulies off the list.

Also, during Thursday’s Celebritology discussion, a debate ensued on this topic. As a result, I have eliminated Jennifer Aniston and former Clooney girlfriend Renee Zellweger from inclusion because there seemed to be too much backlash against both choices. (To quote one reader on the subject of Zellweger: “Ick. Nast.” Look, I didn’t say it.)

That’s fine. These 10 suggestions provide plenty of provocative options. And I encourage you to chime in with more by posting a comment. If Clooney’s next girlfriend can’t be one of us, it should at least be one of these independent, intriguing women.

Sandra Bullock
She’s down-to-earth. She’s committed to helping others. She doesn’t take herself too seriously. And if Bullock and Clooney hooked up, People magazine would sell enough issues to keep them in business into the next millennium. Also, she’s allegedly already helping her “Gravity” co-star cope with his grief.

Halle Berry
They’re both sexy Oscar-winners who only seem to look better with age. The red carpet photos alone would be stunning.

Padma Lakshmi
The “Top Chef” hostess and ex-wife of Salman Rushdie is exotic, sophisticated and worldly, qualities that seem to fall in the intriguing-to-Clooney sphere.

Pippa Middleton
Sure, the 27-year-old sister of Kate Middleton might be a little young for Clooney. But how intriguing would this combo be? So much so that it could cause the equivalent of a celebrity blogosphere big bang, leading to the inevitable explosion of the Internet.

Kate Winslet
Here’s another beautiful Brit to consider. I figure she and Clooney could date briefly until Winslet inevitably decides to get together with Leonardo DiCaprio, which is what all “Titanic” proponents are secretly (or not so secretly) hoping for. (Sorry, Blake Lively.)

Patricia Clarkson
Clarkson, who worked with Clooney on “Good Night, and Good Luck,” is 51, so they’re around the same age. She’s the daughter of a New Orleans council member and a politically engaged individual, a plus for a Clooney partner. And, as a capper, she epitomizes old-Hollywood-style elegance. Seeing these two together would make us all want to become better, glamorous versions of ourselves.

Sofia Vergara
Watching Vergara and Clooney do red carpet interviews together on E! could make for some alluring comedy routines. A down side: It would be hard to decide which one of them you can’t take your eyes off of.

Marisa Tomei
Another interesting suggestion that came out of Thursday’s Celebritology discussion, she’s beautiful, bright and, as our reader pointed out, not particularly interested in getting married. She was once quoted as saying, “I'm not that big a fan of marriage as an institution and I don’t know why women need to have children to be seen as complete human beings.” That non-committal attitude might work for the equally uninterested-in-marriage Clooney.

Catherine Keener
Another veteran Hollywood star who seems down-to-earth, funny and a potentially interesting partner for Clooney. Bonus: She’s longtime friends with Clooney buddy Brad Pitt.

Amy Sedaris
Okay, I know this one sounds odd, but hear me out. Sedaris is hilarious and I’d love to see how her wackiness merges with Clooney’s droll sarcasm. If she dated George Clooney, she could write another book about entertaining that would feature red carpet tips and other etiquette lessons gleaned from being his girlfriend. And they could make zany appearances together on “The Late Show with David Letterman.” Everything about this sounds awesome.

By Jen Chaney | 01:59 PM ET, 06/24/2011

Last edited by Katiedot on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 10:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

Back to top Go down

10 women George should consider dating next Empty Re: 10 women George should consider dating next

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Jun 2011, 11:53

Oh, here we go. Hot from the land of wishful thinking come these two reports:

From Entertainmentwise

By Helen Sanders On June 24, 2011

George Clooney Seeking Comfort From Sandra Bullock

Now that is a hook up we'd LOVE to see...

Omigod, omigod, omigod! There is nothing we want more than to see the newly single George Clooney hook up with Sandra Bullock and it looks like it could happen!

Sandy and George are two of our most favourite Hollywood stars and seeing them walking on the set of their new movie together makes us go all warm and fuzzy inside, especially since Sandy was cradling her son Louis Bardo. It was like one (super cute), happy family!

The pair are co-stars in Gravity, a new romantic comedy which is currently being filmed in London, SCREAM) and Sandy was seen holding Louis in one arm with the other hooked through George's arm. Cute.

A source told The Mirror: “They are very close and she will hate to see George hurting.

“They have also been through the mill relationship-wise. They will be there for each other.”

We're keeping absolutely everything crossed in the hope that the two will fall for each other on set, realising they are more than just bessie mates! Wah!

We heart Sandy B - Let's hope George does too!

Meanwhile, showbiz spy gets supercreative on us:

From showbiz spy

Friday June 24, 2011

GEORGE Clooney could very well end up married to Renee Zellweger!

The actor — who recently announced his split from girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis — has already confided in close pal Renee who has been quick to remind him of a pact they once made.

“Years ago, after George and Renee dated, they jokingly made a vow that they would marry each other if it turned out no one else would have them,” reveals a source close to Clooney.

“Now George is single, Renee has joked that maybe the time has come to make do. The truth is they are the best of friends and get on so well together so you never know.”

“We are not together anymore. It’s very difficult and very personal, and we hope everyone can respect our privacy,” Clooney and Canalis said in a joint statement Wednesday.

The couple began dating in July 2009 and were last spotted out in May to celebrate the actor’s 50th birthday.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

10 women George should consider dating next Empty Re: 10 women George should consider dating next

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 25 Jun 2011, 13:11

Only problem with that Renee one is that Eli wanted to get hitched that is why he ran so no hope chipmonk cheeks. Sandy has a kid as do most of the top ten George doesn't want the responsibility of a wife there is no way would he want one of a child to raise!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 25 Jun 2011, 13:25

OH come on everytime two actors get together they are in love/temporary lust, or are best long time friends. The only time I've ever heard anything about G&S being anywhere near each other is during award shows! Yes, they probably like one another, like Ellen Barkin said you would have to be dead not to have chemistry with George!!!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 25 Jun 2011, 15:25

I'd vote for Marisa Tomei. She's around his age, doesn't want to get married or have kids. She's Italian - he likes Italians girls , right? And she's dedicated to her acting career like him. Perfect match. JMO
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2011, 16:32

I thought she was dating a hot actor younger (the O.C. bad boy) than her? If I were Marisa Tomei, I would keep her boyfriend...

I personally prefer guys a bit younger than me (2 or 3 years).

With all the respect...The age comment bothers me... A LOT ...

There are many couples out there who have been together for many years and they are 10 years apart or so.... And they lie their age to society, so they are not criticized. Yeah America, very hypocritical non?!
Same thing for famous couples: Jolie-Pit (13 years), Beatty and Benning (20-21 years) and I could go on and ong... Why is it ok for them and not for George? I think his choices are a "disaster" not ONLY because of the age difference, but the whole combo (untalented, not intelligent, needy, young famewh*re looking for a rich man, etc). He likes them this way, if he didn't he would have changed . When/ IF he feels he wants to change, he will!

Last edited by LouisLane on Sat 25 Jun 2011, 16:35; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added info)

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Sat 25 Jun 2011, 18:34

Maybe this experience with EC will help him change...

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 25 Jun 2011, 18:39

I would hate to be one of Georges ex's, if I found out after years of dating him that he had wanted to break up with me but couldn't find the balls to do it , I would be so angry at him for wasting my time-life!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 26 Jun 2011, 05:34

George and Renee - don't see it - two stubborn Taurus' nope.

George and Sandra - considering that the last award show they were on she mentions how he pushed her into a pool - I don't see that one either. George has been too much of a jokes-ster so I don't see her ever trusting him. And given how her ex was screwing around on her - she'd be hard pressed to justify hooking up with one of the biggest man -whores in Hollywood. That's just looking for trouble.

Clarkson is too old for him - since she's his age - that's too old! Brahahaha

Now Halle Berry would be interesting if he was thinking of having kids cause I'll bet kids between the two of them would be really cute - if George ever decided to have kids but given his age and his adamant and continued declarations that he will not have children - it'd be a moot point. But more importantly, she is much too old for George - what nearly 45! Yikes! :-)

Winslet is also an interesting choice - however, she's 35 and has already been with someone more than 10 years older than her - I think she may stick to younger men given what sounds like what was a devastating breakup.

Keener is a fabulous actress but I fear she's not quite model-like enough to suit George's tastes. Wait, that was an oxymoron right? George/taste in women? What was I thinking. *yes that was sarcasm)

Pippa's young enough but now that sis is major royalty, I don't think George would like being upstaged every where they went!

Don't know much about the chef and Sofia I fear may be too busty for George - he seems to like them flatter don't you think - yes I know, Lisa was the exception - but think about it - most of his gals were on the more lean side. I don't think George (like too many clothing designers) can appreciate a more voluptuously endowed woman.

Of course, this is all JMO . Very Happy
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 26 Jun 2011, 07:34

The Chef and Sofia also have kids. Also pretty sure Sofia is taken!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 26 Jun 2011, 16:44

@oxymoron, good one LornaDoone! Well said about the list of 10, plus most if not all of these women have well established lives, which would interfere with his.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 26 Jun 2011, 19:09

A guy who's from Kentucky, is into basketball and bikes, ... I'd think twice ! Basketball
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 26 Jun 2011, 20:37

Atalante - good point about the good ole boy from Kentucky who's into b-ball and bikes. I'm surprised he's still not wearing his hair in a mullet!

Seriously, he throws women off with that damn house in Como and the millions he makes in pictures. I mean who could seriously consider him with all that hillbilly baggage! HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2011, 21:58

@LornaDoone What? Are you saying he's a hillbilly? Spliff

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 26 Jun 2011, 23:17

Off topic - off topic but in answer to your question Cinderella...

...But for the grace of God and the TV show ER this could have been Clooney's fate!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 26 Jun 2011, 23:43

nah
better this one

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Mon 27 Jun 2011, 01:20

I personally think he should just lay low for a while. Whomever the next girlfriend is she is going to have it pretty rough after the Eli debacle.
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down