George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney is back in Como

+13
amaretti
Way2Old4Dis
Joanna
Katiedot
Alisonfan
Galway Girl
Sevens
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
annemarie
PigPen
party animal - not!
carolhathaway
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney is back in Como

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Jul 2017, 13:34

I wonder how his neighbors deal with the restrictions. Do they have to get permits to use the road or cruise their boats on that part of the lake? Do they have to get some kind of local permission for their guests to come and go without problems? I'm sure they appreciate the paps and looky-loos being kept away, but I can see it might inconvenience them, too.

For example ,here in NY, if there's something going on at the Forest Hills Tennis Stadium the people who live on the streets nearest the stadium have to go through a police "checkpoint" in order to drive to their homes. Stadium visitors aren't permitted to park that close to the stadium so the residents are also treated to large crowds filling their streets both before and after the event. Inconvenient and annoying. 

A friend of mine, coming home one night, had to call her parents to come and get her at the checkpoint because the police wouldn't  let her through. She didn't have a ticket to the event and she didn't have anything with her address on it. Her father was thrilled to be dragged out of bed at midnight just so she could get home! Smile

PAN, you seem to visit Lake Como often. Are you better connected  to George than we  know? Wink
PS - Welcome back, Merlin! Hello!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney is back in Como - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney is back in Como

Post by Donnamarie Mon 24 Jul 2017, 14:18

Lizzy, PAN could probably answer your questions about George's neighbors and their logistics around George's villa. But wasn't there a big crackdown by the city of Como after a pap got a pic of the daughter of a guest of George's dressing in a bedroom at his villa a few years ago?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Jul 2017, 14:48

Donnamarie - I do vaguely remember that story. It might have been the incident that prompted the restrictions.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 24 Jul 2017, 16:03

Katiedot wrote:I think probably George cuts a deal with the paparazzi to photograph a dinner like this so they leave him alone in the privacy of his home. 

I can imagine now that he has children, the whole town must be crawling with paps trying to get the first pictures of the babies in the world.  Security at his villa and the surroundings must be intense.

Katie that's why I wrote what I did regarding George's recent visit to Villa d'Estae
only because the pictures are ALWAYS taken from the same angle....
i.e.....upstairs from a window in the hotel.

I can't imagine that every time George and his companions go there to eat
that either George or the hotel management are totally unaware that a
photographer is on the premises in the same position.

It seems that there are no official pictures of the twins forthcoming.
I can't say that I blame that decision and hope that the family enjoy a 
"hassle free" time in Como.

Lizzy......I can understand the locals frustrations when living near major events.
But unfortunately times have changed dramatically regarding "crowd safety"
as recent events here in U.K. have shown. Your country has also seen some 
vile happenings involving the loss of innocent lives, albeit in a different fashion.

We really don't know anymore who or where our enemies are unfortunately.

Sorry to go off topic a bit.   flower
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Jul 2017, 17:04

Jo - I wasn't complaining, just wondering how George's neighbors deal with the restrictions. I'm sure they have mixed feelings, just as we do about the safety precautions that are necessary but often make life more inconvenient.

I think G&A are probably waiting for the most strategic moment to release photos of the twins - or maybe they're trying to see if they can avoid doing it altogether.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 24 Jul 2017, 17:19

LizzyNY wrote:
I think G&A are probably waiting for the most strategic moment to release photos of the twins - or maybe they're trying to see if they can avoid doing it altogether.
Hoping that release won't be in conjunction with publicity for a new movie.......

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 24 Jul 2017, 17:48

Probably, fava. Or maybe when they renew their vows.  

The same  way that we got to first see the official  baby bump sighting at the French award.  Coincidence????????????  HA!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 24 Jul 2017, 19:25

PP - LOL! You're such a skeptic! Very Happy Do you really think our George is so calculating? affraid I do. Him and every other celebrity who has more than a two week career. Publicity is their life's blood and the longer they're at it, the better they get at manipulating the media to suit their needs. I think George is a master at it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 24 Jul 2017, 19:53

I remember a while back it was said on here that the pictures are taken from a wall above where they sit.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 24 Jul 2017, 20:22

Donnamarie wrote:Lizzy, PAN could probably answer your questions about George's neighbors and their logistics around George's villa.  But wasn't there a big crackdown by the city of Como after a pap got a pic of the daughter of a guest of George's dressing in a bedroom at his villa a few years ago?

That was Matt Damon's oldest daughter, if I remember correctly. Or maybe Don Cheadle's.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 24 Jul 2017, 20:36

Doug Ross, you're right. It was Matt's daughter. Thanks!

The paps know that George visits Villa d'Este every summer.  No surprise.  And there are other restaurants he favors each year too.  The paps are doing what they do best.  It's not rocket science.  I don't think George tries to avoid photographers for the sake of his privacy.  I think he has accepted that they will be lurking in many places he visits.  He has given the impression that he doesn't want to tailor his life to avoid them ... like not visiting his favorite restaurants because he knows pics will be taken.  He many times has said that he knows that his success comes with a price ... a certain lack of privacy.  I think he pretty much accepts that and deals with it.  He still wants to live his life the way he wants to.  But I have never thought that George is a poser.  Not at all.

I don't see anything calculated about Amal being with George in Paris for the award's event a few months ago.  He was getting an award and his wife wanted to be with him.  And I'm pretty confident that he wanted her there with him.  That's pretty natural.  She was pregnant.  Can't avoid the obvious. Amal generally kept a pretty low profile for most of her pregnancy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 24 Jul 2017, 21:11

Have to agree with Donnamarie , Amal was with George because I'm sure he wanted her there and she wanted to be there at his side. That is what any wife would do pregnant or not.  I think George has learned to live with the paps he has no choice.
It seems like in Italy and England his neighbors are protective of his privacy. I think now with the babies that will be even more true.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 24 Jul 2017, 22:04

Donnamarie wrote:Doug Ross, you're right.  It was Matt's daughter.  Thanks!

The paps know that George visits Villa d'Este every summer.  No surprise.  And there are other restaurants he favors each year too.  The paps are doing what they do best.  It's not rocket science.  I don't think George tries to avoid photographers for the sake of his privacy.  I think he has accepted that they will be lurking in many places he visits.  He has given the impression that he doesn't want to tailor his life to avoid them ... like not visiting his favorite restaurants because he knows pics will be taken.  He many times has said that he knows that his success comes with a price ... a certain lack of privacy.  I think he pretty much accepts that and deals with it.  He still wants to live his life the way he wants to.  But I have never thought that George is a poser.  Not at all.

Matt once said that the first thing George said to him was an advice that Paul Newman had given him years ago: don't let them keep you inside. And Rande, too, said something similar about George. So, I think you're right.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 25 Jul 2017, 07:09

Hi PigPen and LizzyNY Smile   Hello!

I'm OK thank you....I do still visit most days, I just stopped posting because it seemed to aggravate "one/some" of the other members and then they would start all the weird posts on IMDB (discussion boards shut down now) and Just Jared so...
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 25 Jul 2017, 08:44

Lizzy, I stay in a little village on the lake two or three times a year. I have friends here, and it take a couple of hours to get here and I've been coming for ten years or so. 

Don't know the great man personally - only time I've come across him was in a hotel lobby in London where I was meeting a friend and was suddenly surrounded by a lot of much taller very smart looking people. A London premiere. Didn't stop to chat! 

instagram.com/totallytala

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Jul 2017, 13:04

PAN - I'm super-jealous! What a wonderful place to spend a vacation - and to be able to go two or three times a year?! Amazing!

If you ever do run into George, say "Hi!" for all of us at COH! Thumbs up!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 01 Aug 2017, 18:15

Friends arrive on the lake:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 01 Aug 2017, 18:30

A friend of Amal's ... right?  And guess the Heslovs are coming soon.

Beautiful pic .... sigh
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2