George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age?

+4
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
annemarie
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? Empty Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age?

Post by Katiedot Wed 21 Jun 2017, 07:05

Right? Wrong? None of our business?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=30]Is it wrong or fine for George Clooney to have kids at his age?
[img(46.02272000000001px,46.02272000000001px)][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BronzedAdonis

[/size]
16h

Entertainment & Arts

[url=https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?via=GirlsAskGuys&text=Is it wrong or fine for George Clooney to have kids at his age%3f&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.girlsaskguys.com%2Fentertainment-arts%2Fq2485479-is-it-wrong-or-fine-for-george-clooney-to-have-kids-at-his-age%3Futm_source%3Dtwitter%26utm_medium%3Dsharebutton%26utm_campaign%3D2017-06-21%26utm_content%3Dq2485479][/url]
I found out that GC recently became a first timer father to twins at the age of 56. Given his age, do you think he's too old and its selfish or do you think its totally fine, why or why not?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? Empty Re: Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age?

Post by annemarie Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:12

He is a grown man if he wants kids it is his business his choice .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age? Empty Re: Is it ok for George Clooney to have kids at his age?

Post by LizzyNY Wed 21 Jun 2017, 11:24

It's a bit late to ask the question, isn't it? They're here. Is it selfish? Maybe, but these kids will want for nothing and have a great dad for as long as they're together.

By the way, what makes everyone assume having kids was his decision? Maybe he was given an ultimatum or maybe he was presented with a fait accompli and just accepted the situation. Either way, he's a dad now!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 21 Jun 2017, 13:20

It often seems to be more if an issue when the mother is older. A while ago, I read an article about a German TV personality (did shows like 'Dancing with the stars' or 'I'm a celebrity'). 
She recently announced that she's pregnant at 50 and mourned negative comments, complained that older fathers like George are praised for becoming fathers and she's critisized.

I guess the difference is simply that men don't need to go through pregnancy and giving birth, and in most families it's the mothers who do most of the work with babies - at least they need to be on duty when they're breast-feeding. And maybe it's also seen as the prove of their fertility. But that's just my 2 cents...

Two years ago, quadruplets were born in Germany, and their mother was 65! She was a single-mom and wanted to have more kids because her 5 year old son wanted playmates. Since fertility clinics in Germany refused that - she needed an egg-donor, a sperm-donor and heavy doses of hormons because she has been post-menopausal, she went to a clinic in Eastern Europe.
That's something I really don't agree with, just too much. I guess that she planned the future of her five-year old son just in case, but - no, too much! 

For George, Amal and the kids, that's different IMO.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 21 Jun 2017, 13:24

^^ Yep. (re: Lizzy)

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 21 Jun 2017, 13:43

Also agree with Lizzy.  To Carolhathaway's point however, recent research is showing there are also risks with increase age of the dad, not just the mother. 

"For most of these disorders, the likelihood of the disorder increased steadily with paternal age. When compared to a child born to a 24-year-old father, a child born to a 45-year-old father was 3.5 times more likely to have autism, 13 times more likely to have ADHD and 25 times more likely to have bipolar disorder."
"Earlier research on paternal age and autism noted that older fathers have more mutations in the germ cells that produce sperm. This may increase the likelihood that a mutation disrupts one or more genes vital to brain development."
 - See more at: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is not a judgement on George and Amal having kids.  There are risks in having kids at any age and kids should be loved and cared for no matter what.  I think older parents just need to be aware and prepared.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 21 Jun 2017, 13:54

Katie I would choose #3 ... it's none of our business. No matter who the parents are. It's their life and their choice.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 22 Jun 2017, 17:35

I agree that it's nobody's business but
their own.

But of course there will always be people
who want to use the Clooney name to write
such rubbish.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down