George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading

+2
it's me
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading Empty 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading

Post by Katiedot Tue 16 May 2017, 10:09

Not quite sure why this is coming up in search now, but hey ho!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[size=48]15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading[/size]
BY SEAN HUTCHINSON

JANUARY 28, 2015

Joel and Ethan Coen’s 2008 black comedy is filled with references and inside jokes. Laugh a little bit harder at Burn After Reading knowing these 15 fascinating facts.

1. Joel and Ethan Coen wrote the screenplay for Burn After Reading at the same time they were writing their adaptation of No Country for Old Men.

No Country would go on to earn them Oscars for Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Director, and Best Picture in 2007.

2. Burn After Reading marked the first time since their 1990 film Miller’s Crossing that the Coen Brothers didn’t work with their usual cinematographer, Roger Deakins.

Instead, eventual Academy Award-winner Emmanuel Lubezki acted as the director of photography. The Coens would work with Deakins again on every one of their films until 2013’s Inside Llewyn Davis.

3. The Coens wrote the part of Osborne Cox specifically for John Malkovich.

Even though they had never worked with Malkovich before.

4. Osborne Cox is a Princeton alum.

In real life, Princeton is director Ethan Coen’s alma mater.

5. This is the third time the Coen Brothers have worked with George Clooney.

Clooney also stars in 2000’s O Brother Where Art Thou? and 2003’s Intolerable Cruelty.

6. The role of Harry Pfarrer was also written specifically for Clooney.

7. This is the first time the Coen Brothers have worked with Brad Pitt.

But it’s the fourth time Pitt has worked on a film with George Clooney. They previously co-starred in the Ocean’s Eleven trilogy, and Pitt also had an uncredited cameo appearance in Clooney’s 2002 directorial debut, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind.

8. Frances McDormand is married to Joel Coen.

Her screen debut was in the Coen Brothers movie Blood Simple in 1984, and she would go on to appear in Raising ArizonaMiller’s Crossing (where she was uncredited), Barton Fink (with just her voice in an uncredited role), Fargo (for which she won the Academy Award for Best Actress), and The Man Who Wasn’t There. She’ll also reteam with the Coens in their upcoming 2016 film Hail, Caesar!

9. Frances McDormand’s character’s bob hairdo had political roots.

It was modeled on Clinton/Lewinsky sex scandal whistleblower Linda Tripp.

10. The look of Tilda Swinton’s character is based on a familiar cartoon.

Her hairdo is the same as the one worn by Edna Krabappel on The Simpsons.

11. The editor of the movie is listed as “Roderick Jaynes.”

This is a pseudonym for Joel and Ethan Coen, who edit their own films. In fact, Jaynes, who doesn’t technically exist, has been nominated for two Academy Awards: One for Fargo and one for No Country for Old Men.

12. Osborne’s decline is showcased in his wardrobe.

In the early scenes he’s wearing a three-piece suit and wingtips, while at the end of the film he’s wearing a bathrobe and slippers.

13. Osborne’s yacht was a 79-foot ship from 1939 that the production rented on Long Island.

The interior of the yacht was a set.

14. The film’s theatrical poster is based on espionage thrillers from the 1960s.

The typography was modeled after a similar font on the poster for the 1967 film The Comedians.

15. The theatrical poster for Coming Up Daisy, the fictional movie within the movie, says it was based on a book by Cormac McCarthy.

McCarthy, as you may know, is the author of No Country for Old Men. The small snippets of Coming Up Daisy shown in the film were actually directed by the Coens’ friend and frequent collaborator, Sam Raimi.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading Empty Re: 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading

Post by it's me Wed 30 Aug 2017, 16:17

Also

Harry singing "My Eyes Adored You" and "Born Free" in the shower  I love you

By
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading Empty Re: 15 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Burn After Reading

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Aug 2017, 16:28

I love B A R....

"I've got his nuMber.....I've got his nuMber"

"I've got your shit" 

And Brad's expression before he's shot by George....
Priceless.

Oh and George making That Chair....
He's very good in that film.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 30 Aug 2017, 18:30

So funny . Brad Pitt is so funny in this film .  Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 30 Aug 2017, 18:33

Wow! I haven't seen this one in a long time. Maybe it's the Coens' connection to "Suburbicon" that has brought BAR back to the spotlight since both are dark comedies - at least BAR is and "Suburbicon" might be. I guess people are looking for comparisons.

Just a thought: Since everyone seems to think the Coens wrote the script for "Suburbicon", will they take the blame if the movie tanks?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by 64.mar Wed 25 Jan 2023, 08:29

Osborn Cox's father cameo on the boat....who',s the actor? I'm sure I should know, but I don't remember and I can't find his name in the cast. Is it possibile that he's George Clooney?

64.mar
Shy poster

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down