George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side - part 3

+11
Alisonfan
fava
What Would He Say
amaretti
ladybugcngc
melbert
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
annemarie
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
15 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Serious Side - part 3

Post by Donnamarie Thu 31 Aug 2017, 00:21

Joanna wrote:OH WHY OH WHY doesn't someone order 

an assassination like they did for John Kennedy ?

Do people think that America would be a different place 

today had the Kennedy's survived in the 60's ??

Joanna I hear you and believe me there are many desperate Americans who want Trump gone .... yesterday.  But I agree with the others here.  It would be the worst way for Trump to go.  We have to let our democratic system play out.   Hopefully Trump will have to answer to our government about his possible coordination with Russia to influence the 2016 election.  Under oath preferably where lying really isn't an option.   Hopefully his corrupt ways over all these decades will finally catch up with him.

I was watching a TV special about Diana last week.  It was a reminder what a complicated, troubled but strong and honorable woman she was.  Her greatest accomplishment was raising two fine young men.  Which is a very big deal.  William and Harry would not be the conscientious men they are today if it wasn't for their mother's special care and love in raising them.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 31 Aug 2017, 00:42

So true, Donnamarie - and such a difficult job in that particular spotlight.. .

Terribly sad. And if only the chauffeur was not massively over the drink limit, was not speeding into a tunnel - and that she had been wearing a seat belt .......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 31 Aug 2017, 01:09

... and if the paps weren't chasing the car.  Lots of 'what ifs'.  So sad and such a loss PAN.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 31 Aug 2017, 06:30

I've watched the docu William and Henry initiated about her mother as well. Still heartbreaking, and I still remember waking up that sunday morning, hearing the news on the radio, and the shock.
What was really embarrassing for me was when her sons talked about how the paps chased Diana, when they spit at her just to get a reaction they could use and sell.

About Trump:
I have the feeling that a lot on the US system is based on fairness, 'you just don't do this, that's an unwritten law!', and he doesn't follow these unwritten laws. There's nothing you can do against it, you just feel that it's wrong.
IMO the danger about saying 'If only somebody would assassin him' is what you do when somebody follows you. There are always people who might see this as an order, I remember when Obama was elected, there were quite a few saying that, thinking it's unbelievable to have a black president. I thought he wouldn't survive his first year as POTUS. No, assassing Trump would sacrifice him, and democracies should be strong enough to fight people like him legally...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 31 Aug 2017, 14:30

Carolhathaway - You're right. We have always operated on the shared belief in a set of unwritten laws that support the ideas in our Constitution. Unfortunately, Trump doesn't follow those unwritten laws because he doesn't believe in the Constitution! If it doesn't put money in his pocket he wants it gone.

He's the one who unleashed the alt-right, neo-nazi violence we're seeing, and he's the one feeding the anger so many people feel. Solving their problems does nothing for him, so he ignores them until he needs their anger to keep his base invigorated.

We will survive Trump. The damage he's doing will be repaired and future generations (if he doesn't get us all blown to hell) will learn from this mess and make a better world. In the meantime I wish him boils, impotence, allergies to all his favorite foods, migraine headaches 24/7 and a total implosion of all his business interests! May rats invade Trump Tower and palmetto bugs inundate Maralago. If he can make our lives miserable maybe God can do us a favor and do the same for him. He visited plagues to free the Jews from Pharoah so maybe He can do the same to free the US from Trump.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 31 Aug 2017, 15:53

LizzyNY wrote:
We will survive Trump. The damage he's doing will be repaired and future generations (if he doesn't get us all blown to hell) will learn from this mess and make a better world. In the meantime I wish him boils, impotence, allergies to all his favorite foods, migraine headaches 24/7 and a total implosion of all his business interests! May rats invade Trump Tower and palmetto bugs inundate Maralago. If he can make our lives miserable maybe God can do us a favor and do the same for him. He visited plagues to free the Jews from Pharoah so maybe He can do the same to free the US from Trump.

Amen to that!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 31 Aug 2017, 16:09

I think if anyone is going to 'save' us from Trump it's going to be Robert Mueller, the Special Counsel.  Man is he smart.  He knows the law inside and out and he knows politics.  Something Trump knows neither about.  Great strategic move he made with the Attorney General of New York Eric Schneiderman.  Presidential pardons don't extend to state crimes so if Trump tries to pardon Manafort, or even himself, the New York AG can bring charges.

As angry and frustrated as I am over everything Trump has been able to get away with, so far, I'm really encouraged that the law is ultimately on our side and smart lawyers (and some Members of Congress) will protect our democracy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 31 Aug 2017, 21:55

It has just been announced Trump will donate 1 million of his own money to Texas flood victims.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 01 Sep 2017, 04:37

We know how Trump operates. He has claimed many times that he donates to charities, only to find out that he hasn't.  It's a terrible thing to say but I won't believe it until it's proven by a reliable source.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 03 Sep 2017, 00:02

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4847228/Justice-Department-confirms-no-evidence-wiretapping.html

[size=34]Justice Department confirms no evidence of Trump's allegations suggesting Obama wiretapped his phones during presidential campaign[/size]

• The Department of Justice's National Security Division said no evidence was found verifying Trump's allegations that Obama wire tapped his phones

• The President sent out a slew of tweets with the claims back in March

• He wrote to Twitter: 'Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!' 

• The FBI and NSD confirmed Friday they held no record of the wiretaps that were described in the March 4, 2017 tweets

• Obama's spokesman, Kevin Lewis, refuted Trump's allegations prior in a statement saying: 'A cardinal rule of the Obama Administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice' 

By JESSA SCHROEDER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 16:23 EDT, 2 September 2017 | UPDATED: 17:50 EDT, 2 September 2017

The Department of Justice's National Security Division said no clues have been found verifying President Trump's allegations saying Obama spied on him during the late stages of the presidential campaign.
Back in March, the President sent out a slew of fiery tweets writing things like, 'Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my 'wires tapped' in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!' 
Trump issued the social media allegations without grounds to back up the claims.
Scroll down for video 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D817FB00000578-4847228-image-a-19_1504382647774

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D817F700000578-4847228-image-a-20_1504382659322

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D817F300000578-4847228-image-a-21_1504382663031

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D817EF00000578-4847228-image-a-22_1504382666483

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D817CB00000578-4847228-image-a-33_1504383098778

+5

Back in March, President Trump sent out a slew of tweets accusing Obama of wiretapping his phones during the 2016 campaign
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D817EB00000578-4847228-image-a-34_1504383106292

+5

The Justice Department said in a Motion for Summary Judgment statement Friday there were no records of the said interference
The President was said to get inspiration of the claims from a Breitbart article that discussed conservative theory about a possible 'silent coup' against Trump during the election. 

The Justice Department said in a statement Friday from the Motion for Summary Judgment that no records were found of the said interference.
'Both FBI and NSD can again confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets,' the department said in response to an Information Act inquiry.
The inquiry included 'warrant applications or records requesting a court order to intercept communications related to candidate Donald Trump, Trump Tower, entities housed in Trump Tower, or any person affiliated with Mr. Trump's campaign; court orders approving or rejecting those requests; records of those wiretaps, and; communications between the FBI or DOJ and Congress relating to these issues.'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D8185800000578-4847228-image-a-37_1504383158725

+5

'Both FBI and NSD can again confirm that they have no records related to wiretaps as described by the March 4, 2017 tweets,' the department said in response to Information Act inquiry,' the statement read
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D817FF00000578-4847228-image-a-35_1504383118623

+5

'The group had requested in its FOIA filing for 'warrant applications or records requesting a court order to intercept communications related to candidate Donald Trump, Trump Tower, entities housed in Trump Tower, or any person affiliated with Mr. Trump's campaign'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43D8180700000578-4847228-image-a-36_1504383131987

+5

Trump sent out the allegations without backing up his claims

[size=10][size=18]Trump alleges wiretapping by Obama but offers no evidence

Loaded: 0%
[/size][/size]Obama's spokesman, Kevin Lewis, previously refuted Trump's allegations.
'A cardinal rule of the Obama Administration was that no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice,' Lewis wrote in the public statement.
'As part of that practice, neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen. Any suggestion otherwise is simply false.'
Former Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes confirmed the allegations were false and no President has ever been permitted to legally order the device.

[size=18]James Comey rejects Trump's accusation that Obama wiretapped him

[/size]
Those restrictions were put in place to protect citizens from people like you,' Rhodes said in response to Trump back in March.

Share or comment on this article

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 03 Sep 2017, 13:30

Is Trump taking the cowards way of saying things on Twitter and NOT face to face ?????

SO MANY PEOPLE DO THAT NOW....I've had personal 
experience of that.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 03 Sep 2017, 13:41

Is George putting himself in any Danger
by his comment....."I'd like anybody to be President
right now ?"

I get concerned when he speaks Truths that there will
be reprisals. 
I don't trust ANY politician these days.

I just hope that Trump puts his money where his mouth is regarding the tornado victims in Texas and that May does the same for the homeless victims of the Grenfall Tower block fire here in Kensington, a very rich area of London. 
But the tower block was mainly housed by the disadvantaged in that area.

Is been both terrible and disgusting the amount of truths that have emerged about the criminal way that they have been treated.

I feel so blessed to live in a decent quiet neighbourhood 
and hope that all the victims of both disasters get Real Help in their weeks of need.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 03 Sep 2017, 13:51

party animal - not! wrote:So true, Donnamarie - and such a difficult job in that particular spotlight.. .

Terribly sad.   And if only the chauffeur was not massively over the drink limit, was not speeding into a tunnel - and that she had been wearing a seat belt .......

I agree with you pan.......But why oh why didn't a man with so much money, Fayad,,
have the latest, safest Mercedes cars with airbags and rear safety features
is beyond my comprehension.

I think his guilt was such that he raved about "conspiracies" forever more.

Diana has a Wonderful Legacy in her two sons and I think that when
William becomes King there may be some real changes in the way that the
Monarchy behaves. 

I will be watching from afar....hopefully anyway.  sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 03 Sep 2017, 15:30

Joanna, I think Trump users twitter because he can reach more people and
doesn't have to answer questions which is cowardly. Also his loyal idiots will come to his defense and he loves that.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 Sep 2017, 15:44

Joanna, unfortunately George keeps being misquoted on that (surprise, surprise - do they think it'll make a bigger story becos of George's alleged Presidential ambitions?)

No, it was Matt who jumped in and said that - very emphatically - and George agreed

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 03 Sep 2017, 17:13

Yep I caught that misquote yesterday when I watched part of the actual press conference.  It was Matt who chimed in about anybody becoming President.  But the print continues to claim that George said it.  

Trump will go down in history as many things but he also will be known forever as the Twitter President.  Agree Annemarie, this is his way to personally communicate with his followers.  But Joanna is right ... he is a coward.  He is far more reluctant to use his verbal attacks on people in face to face meetings.  Just like it has been reported that he can't fire anyone personally.  Others do it for him.  Isn't that ironic!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 04 Sep 2017, 15:06

I just heard this morning that the Royal Family is expanding.  Sweet! Yahooooo
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 Sep 2017, 16:35

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4850264/Thousands-secret-files-leaked.html

[size=34]Thousands of files containing details of US intelligence operatives with Top Secret clearance have been LEAKED - including one who carries the nuclear missile launch codes[/size]

• Thousands of files containing information US individuals with Top Secret security clearances were found on an unsecure Amazon server 

• They were found by cyber security firm UpGuard on a folder called 'resumes'

• Contained CVs of thousands of Americans in jobs in US Department of Defense

• Other files revealed sensitive details about Iraqi and Afghan nationals who have cooperated and worked alongside US military forces in their home countries

By THOMAS BURROWS FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 04:43 EDT, 4 September 2017 | UPDATED: 07:43 EDT, 4 September 2017

Thousands of files containing details of US intelligence operatives with Top Secret clearance have been leaked.   

The 9,402 documents were found on an unsecure Amazon server without the protection of a password.
The files, discovered this summer by a security analyst at the California-based cyber security firm UpGuard, were found in a folder called 'resumes'.
They contained the CV of thousands of Americans currently in jobs in the US Department of Defense and the US intelligence community. 
They typically included information such as their home addresses, phone numbers, work history and email addresses, as well as more sensitive information including security clearances, driver's license numbers, passport numbers and at least partial social security numbers.    

According to UpGuard, at least one of the applicants claimed he carried the nuclear missile launch codes.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43E41AC700000578-0-The_documents_have_been_traced_back_to_TigerSwan_a_private_secur-m-2_1504513427972

+3

The documents have been traced back to TigerSwan, a private security firm based in North Carolina
Other documents revealed sensitive and personal details about Iraqi and Afghan nationals who have cooperated and worked alongside US military forces in their home countries, Gizmodo reported.  
Between 15 and 20 applicants reportedly meet this criteria. They may now be endangered by the disclosure of their personal details. 
One applicant described his employment as a 'warden advisor' at the Abu Ghraib black site near Baghdad, where prisoners are known to have been tortured.

RELATED ARTICLES

Another applicant reportedly said he was involved in 'enhancing evidence' against Iraqi insurgents during the war.
The leak also includes details of a former United Nations worker in the Middle East, a parliamentary security officer in Eastern Europe, an active Secret Service agent, a Central African logistical expert, an ex-soldier tasked with providing security in war zones for TV news crews and a police chief in a southern state.
In addition to this, the details of an Army officer tasked not only with finding WMDs in post-invasion Iraq, but with escorting a major US journalist on the hunt have been leaked, as well as military and police trainers in Iraq, Afghanistan, Georgia, Liberia, Ukraine, and the Democratic Republic of Congo.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43E4486300000578-4850264-image-m-17_1504517355375

+3

The 9,402 documents (including this CV) were found on an unsecure Amazon server without the protection of a password 
The documents have been traced back to TigerSwan, a private security firm based in North Carolina. The company was set up in 2007 by retired US Army Lt. Colonel and Delta Force operator James Reese.
It has worked on behalf of the US military and State Department as a paramilitary force in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as domestically on behalf of corporations. 
It employs around 350 people across 46 countries with offices in the Middle East, North and West Africa, Latin America, and Japan.
But in a statement TigerSwan pinned the blame on TalentPen, a third-party vendor they use to sift through new job applications.
The firm said: 'At no time was there ever a data breach of any TigerSwan server.
'All resume files in TigerSwan's possession are secure. We take seriously the failure of TalentPen to ensure the security of this information and regret any inconvenience or exposure our former recruiting vendor may have caused these applicants. TigerSwan is currently exploring all recourse and options available to us and those who submitted a resume.
'This is a regrettable experience and we are re-evaluating our vendor selection processes and their data management practices as a result.'
Mr Reese said: 'We take information security very seriously, especially in this instance, because a majority of the resume files were from veterans. As a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned Small Business, we find the potential exposure of their resumes inexcusable. To our colleagues and fellow veterans, we apologize. The situation is rectified and we have initiated steps to inform the individuals affected by this breach.'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43E45F4000000578-4850264-image-m-19_1504517629844

+3

This CV of an American with '20+ years military experience' was one of the 9,400 leaked 
TalentPen could not be immediately reached for comment.
UpGuard said: 'The incident again underscores the importance of qualifying the security practices of vendors who are handling sensitive information. 
'While criminals could use the deep knowledge of work experience and personal details for anything from identity theft to one of the phishing scams known to specifically target veterans, the value of this database to foreign intelligence agencies if they were to access it is not insignificant. 
'The presence of extremist sympathizers in western nations makes the prospect of publicly exposed Iraqi and Afghan nationals that much more alarming.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 04 Sep 2017, 17:38

pale How scaring is it!!??!!?!?

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 Sep 2017, 17:53

It is very scary and nothing will get better until the idiot is out of the White House.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 Sep 2017, 18:50

My question would be: To whom was it leaked? Did anyone actually access the information other than the security people at Upguard? And, if it is so sensitive, WHY IS IT BEING PUBLICIZED???? If the leak is as serious as it seems none of this information should be on the internet for anyone to see. Tiger Swan isn't the only one being careless.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 04 Sep 2017, 21:43

I haven't read anything about this in the NYT,  Washington Post or heard anything on cable news. Hmmmm ....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 05 Sep 2017, 17:53

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4854154/Trump-tells-Congress-ready-job-DACA.html

[size=34]Attorney General Jeff Sessions announces that the Trump administration is rescinding DACA because it is 'unconstitutional' and amounts to 'unilateral executive amnesty'[/size]

• President Trump signaled his intent this morning to end a program that allows illegal immigrants who arrived as children to live and work in the US 

• Justice Department says Trump will rescind the executive order creating the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program

• Trump is expected to put a six-month sunset on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program 

• Sessions said Tuesday that the Department of Homeland Security had agreed to a 'wind down' 

• State AGs were threatening to sue DOJ unless Trump rescinded the policy by today; Sessions cited the legal action in his announceent

• It's up to Congress to save the program protecting some 800,000 illegal immigrants from deportation now or allow it to expire

• Protests from supporters of the DACA program broke out of over the weekend and extended into Tuesday at the White House and Trump Tower 

By FRANCESCA CHAMBERS, WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 08:44 EDT, 5 September 2017 | UPDATED: 12:42 EDT, 5 September 2017

Attorney General Jeff Sessions says the Trump administration will 'wind down' an Obama-era program that allows illegal immigrants who arrived as children to live and work in the US without fear of deportation.
Sessions said in a press statement that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals policy, DACA, is an 'unconstitutional exercise of authority' by the executive branch and amounts to 'unilateral executive amnesty.'
The administration is rescinding the policy that created the program, Sessions said.
It's up to Congress to pass legislation extending the policy if it see fit, the DOJ official stated.
'We are people of compassion, and we are people of law. But there is nothing compassionate about the failure to enforce immigration laws,' Sessions said.
President Donald Trump waited an hour after Sessions had finished speaking to send out a statement explaining the administration's decision.
'I do not favor punishing children, most of whom are now adults, for the actions of their parents. But we must also recognize that we are nation of opportunity because we are a nation of laws,' Trump's statement said.

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43EFBF3D00000578-4854154-image-a-15_1504624823575

+6

Attorney General Jeff Sessions says the Trump administration will 'wind down' an Obama-era program that allows illegal immigrants who arrived as children to live and work in the US without fear of deportation
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43EFC2F700000578-4854154-image-a-26_1504627099694

+6

Protests from supporters of the DACA program broke out of over the weekend and extended into Tuesday at the White House and Trump Tower
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43EFEEFA00000578-4854154-image-a-27_1504627115584

+6

Sessions said in a press statement that the policy, known as DACA, is an 'unconstitutional exercise of authority' by the executive branch and amounts to 'unilateral executive amnesty'

Trump stressed in the declaration that went straight to reporters' inboxes - he did not make a televised appearance - that the transition away from DACA would be 'orderly' and 'gradual.'
New applications will not be accepted but prospective DACA recipients who already have their paperwork in will have their requests honored, Trump said. 
Dreamers with DACA paperwork that is about to expire will also have their statuses renewed, he added.
'This is a gradual process, not a sudden phase out. Permits will not begin to expire for another six months, and will remain active for up to 24 months,' Trump said. 'Thus, in effect, I am not going to just cut DACA off, but rather provide a window of opportunity for Congress to finally act.' 
The president had hinted this morning on Twitter that he was planning to place the problem squarely on the shoulders of Congress.
'Congress, get ready to do your job - DACA!' Trump tweeted.
He said in a formal statement later, 'Congress now has the opportunity to advance responsible immigration reform that puts American jobs and American security first.'
'We will resolve the DACA issue with heart and compassion – but through the lawful Democratic process – while at the same time ensuring that any immigration reform we adopt provides enduring benefits for the American citizens we were elected to serve,' he said, accidentally capitalizing the 'D' on democratic.
Continuing, Trump said, 'We must also have heart and compassion for unemployed, struggling, and forgotten Americans.'

DACA protects roughly 800,000 Dreamers, as they are known, from being deported. As many as 11 million illegal immigrants are believed to be residing in the U.S. overall.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43EE05DB00000578-0-image-a-7_1504615287351

+6

President Donald Trump waited an hour after Sessions had finished speaking to send out a statement explaining the administration's decision 
Sessions said Tuesday, during a televised statement at the Department of Justice, that Barack Obama had shown disrespect for the legislative process when he went around Congress to put DACA in place.
'The executive branch, through DACA, deliberately sought to achieve what the legislative branch specifically refused to authorize on multiple occasions,' Sessions said, claiming that 'such an open-ended circumvention of immigration laws was an unconstitutional exercise of authority by the Executive Branch.'
The law enforcement official predicted that DACA would be slapped down in court if it sustained a legal challenge. 
A similar Obama policy, DAPA, that protected the parents of illegal immigrants went down in court earlier this summer. 
'If we are to further our goal of strengthening the constitutional order and the rule of law in America, the Department of Justice cannot defend this type of overreach,' Sessions said. 
Acting DHS Secretary Elaine Duke said in a memo that the administration did not take the decision lightly.
'I am very aware of the consequences of this action, and I sympathize with the DACA recipients whose futures may now be less certain,' she said. 'But I am also frustrated on their behalf. DACA was never more than parole—a bureaucratic delay—that never promised the rights of citizenship or legal status in this country.' 

House Speaker Paul Ryan argued in a statement that the Obama policy, while well-intentioned, 'was a clear abuse of executive authority.'
'Congress writes laws, not the president, and ending this program fulfills a promise that President Trump made to restore the proper role of the executive and legislative branches,' the GOP leader of the House stated.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43EE05D000000578-0-image-a-8_1504615310157

A weekend report said Trump was planning to eliminate the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals scheme that his predecessor implemented five years ago at the conclusion of a six-month waiting period
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43EAA74000000578-0-image-a-6_1504615272132

+6

Activists asked Trump not to end DACA during a protest Monday outside the White House
Democratic lawmakers roundly complained that Trump's termination of DACA was 'cruel' and 'inhumane' in the the lead up to DOJ's announcement. They agreed, however, that it was time for Congress to use its legislative authority to preserve the program.
Sen. Lindsey Graham, a leading Republican proponent of comprehensive immigration reform, offered Trump's plan to kick the issue to Congress a rare endorsement on Monday evening, becoming one of the first Republicans to speak out.
Obama had not commented on the matter as of lunchtime Tuesday, although it had been rumored that he would. 
The White House said Friday that Trump would finalize and announce his position on DACA today. 
The action puts him in compliance with a deadline thrust upon the administration by conservative attorneys general promising to sue DOJ as a means of bringing about DACA's end.

[size=35]1.3k shares[/size]
Obama created the program in 2012 without the input of Congress. It provides worker permits and deportation protection to approved applicants on a rolling, two-year basis with an indefinite number of renewals.
Republicans say that Obama overstepped his authority when he mandated that the Department of Homeland Security turn a blind eye to undocumented immigrants who meet the DACA specifications.
GOP lawmakers eventually took him to court on the grounds that he had been veering too far into their lane.
Trump ran on a platform of 'law and order' that centered on pledges to build a wall with Mexico and deport an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants from the country.
He's softened his stance slightly since he was elected, instructing his administration to zero in on violent criminals and leaving the DACA policy in place.
Trump seemed content to leave DACA alone until a group of 10 states, led by Texas AG Ken Paxton, sent a letter to DOJ the last week in June announcing their plans to sue the federal government unless Trump rescinded the executive order Obama used to create the program by Sept. 5.
Tropical Storm Harvey did nothing to slow Paxton down. He affirmed last week that his cadre of state attorneys general would take legal action today unless Trump did what they were asking.  

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43EAB25400000578-4854154-image-a-15_1504620373695

+6

A plan President Donald Trump is expected to announce Tuesday for young immigrants brought to the country illegally as children was embraced by some top Republicans on Monday and denounced by others as the beginning of a "civil war" within the party
Trump praised the illegal immigrants whose fates rested in his hands on Friday, telling reporters during an unrelated event, 'We think the DREAMers are terrific.'
'Great feeling for DACA,' he said at another point in the afternoon.  'We love the Dreamers. We love everybody.'
The comments suggested that Trump does not want to end the program.
He said in an April said that Dreamers should 'rest easy' and told ABC News 'they shouldn’t be very worried.' He also told ABC, 'I do have a big heart.'
Under pressure from the base, Trump's administration prepared to announce a cessation of the program this morning that will fully go into effect in the coming years.
Republicans and Democrats who support the illegal immigrants' ability to stay in the US preemptively blasted the president for leading Dreamers on and then turning his back on them.
'President Trump once pledged a compassionate approach to these Dreamers, so ending DACA would be another of his broken promises,' Democratic Rep. Jim Cooper of Tennessee said. 'These young people are innocent. Their lack of paperwork is not their fault, so they should not be punished.' 
Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen, a Florida Republican, remarked that Trump sure does have a 'great heart,' invoking a claim he made during a February press conference.
'After teasing #Dreamers for months with talk of his "great heart," @POTUS slams door on them. Some "heart"...' she said. 'If reports of ending #DACA within 6 months are true, #Congress must work immediately to pass law protecting #Dreamers who only know the US'.
Trump also risks a scolding from Obama.
'The notion that we would just arbitrarily, or because of politics, punish those kids when they didn't do anything wrong themselves, I think, would be something that would merit me speaking out,' Obama said at the final press conference of his presidency.
Ryan said in a Friday interview that Trump ought to leave the policy in place and let Congress figure out the next step.
Meanwhile, Graham, a member of the bipartisan group of senators looking overhaul the nation's immigration system, gave Trump's reported six-month phase out his blessing.
'I have always believed DACA was a presidential overreach,' Graham said in a Labor Day statement. 'However, I equally understand the plight of the Dream Act kids who -- for all practical purposes -- know no country other than America.'
The South Carolina Republican pledged that Congress would 'work to find a legislative solution to their dilemma' if Trump ultimately ends DACA.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 05 Sep 2017, 18:06

Why in hell don't they just grant them citizenship? It could be a one time thing to all DREAMers now in the country, with a clear understanding that this privilege won't be extended to future illegal entrants to the US whose children would be subject to deportation.

It isn't brain surgery. It's a question of doing the right thing for the kids who  grew up here and think of the US as home. It's embarrassing how stupid our government is!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 05 Sep 2017, 18:21

This is simply Trump and the republicans undoing something President Obama did.
Which is all that man thinks of .
They stupider by the minute.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 05 Sep 2017, 19:20

........kind of him to give the onerous task to Sessions - always shoulder to shoulder this guy.....

As I understand it the Dreamers benefit the US economy hugely for things that they don't have access to - like taxes taken at source for medical care they can't get for themselves etc.

Can you imagine the paperwork involved in all of this? - wonder if the departments concerned will be staffed!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 05 Sep 2017, 20:08

This is a huge mistake in so many ways. Many of these people are no longer children. They're working adults making a contribution to our economy. Who's going to fill the jobs they hold if they're forced to leave? Not Trump's base! They haven't got the brains God gave a stick! If they could/would do the work there wouldn't be a market for immigrant labor.
citizenship.
I say pick a date and any DREAMer who registers by that date gets citizenship. After that date, if you're here illegally you get sent home.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 05 Sep 2017, 20:29

... and don't forget: the US government already invested a lot of money in educating these dreamers. Now, other countries will benefit from this investment and the knowledge these young people already have. If you'd just watch it from the economical point of view, without thinking about what it means for young people who can't remember having lived somewhere else and often don't understand the language of the country they originally came from...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 05 Sep 2017, 20:40

Obama's statement on this issue:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155227588436749&id=6815841748&__tn__=%2As%2As-R
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 Sep 2017, 20:42

So true carol.  So many of these young people have no home to go back to nor would they have family there.  They are people employed or going to college.  They are making  a viable livelihood for themselves.  This move by Trump is just cruel and unnecessary.

None of this chaos would be happening if we had proper immigration policy.  Which we don't.  Obama had to tackle our fouled up system piecemeal.  He did the right thing by creating DACA.  There is a good chance the Congress will not pass legislation to end the program.  Too many Republicans know this is a heartless move.  Trump is merely playing to his cult like base.  And Trump once again shows what a coward he is.  He could simply undo what Obama did, which was an Executive Order.  But he doesn't want to dirty his hands if the sh*t hits the fan.  A sorry SOB!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 Sep 2017, 21:07

carolhathaway wrote:Obama's statement on this issue:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155227588436749&id=6815841748&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

Thanks carol!  Just had the chance to read Obama's statement.  The words and sentiments that Obama spoke shows us a man who understands what our country is about and what it should always strive to be.  Trump will never understand that what Obama described is an America to be proud of ....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 05 Sep 2017, 22:54

Thinking about the consequences with a constructed example:
- Parents are illegal, have to leave the States after 30 years
- Brought two kids with them who have to leave the States as well, both are well educated, have studied and have good jobs. Are married to US citizens, have kids who were born in the States.
- Had another child which was born in the States. Is lazy, didn't finish school, never had a proper job, is a drug addict. And is allowed to stay in the States.

My god! That's so inhuman!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 05 Sep 2017, 23:00

A Houston Hero who could be deported:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-41167896/daca-dreamers-harvey-hero-now-faces-deportation

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 07 Sep 2017, 20:01

http://people.com/politics/betsy-devos-moves-end-obamas-guidelines-campus-sexual-assault-investigations/

[size=37]Betsy DeVos Moves to End Obama’s Guidelines for Campus Sexual Assault Investigations[/size]

BY KATIE REILLY

POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 7, 2017 AT 2:27PM EDT

• TWEET
  • EMAIL

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 Betsy-devos-title-ix-speech[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fpolitics%2Fbetsy-devos-moves-end-obamas-guidelines-campus-sexual-assault-investigations%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F09%2Fbetsy-devos-title-ix-speech.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=Betsy DeVos Moves to End Obama%E2%80%99s Guidelines for Campus Sexual Assault%C2%A0Investigations][/url]
JACQUELYN MARTIN/AP
Secretary of Education Betsy DeVos said Thursday that her department will change the Obama Administration’s guidance for handling cases of sexual assault on college campuses and rethink the way Title IX regulations against gender discrimination are enforced.
“The sad reality is that lady justice is not blind on campuses today. This unraveling of justice is shameful, it’s wholly un-American,” DeVos said during a speech at George Mason University in Virginia. “There must be a better way forward. Every survivor of sexual misconduct must be taken seriously. Every student accused of sexual misconduct must know that guilt is not predetermined.”
DeVos’ speech came almost two months after she met with various advocate groupsto discuss how sexual assault investigations are handled on college campuses, listening to victims of sexual assault as well as to men who say they have been falsely accused. Victims’ advocates have urged DeVos not to roll back the Obama Administration’s controversial Dear Colleague letter. That letter established strict guidelines for universities to follow when investigating sexual assault complaints or risk losing federal funding under Title IX, the federal law that prohibits sex discrimination in education.
On Thursday, DeVos criticized that guidance for creating a system that “has failed too many students.”

“Instead of working with schools on behalf of students, the prior administration weaponized the Office of Civil Rights to work against schools and against students,” she said. “The era of rule by letter is over. Through intimidation and coercion, the failed system has clearly pushed schools to overreach.”
RELATED VIDEO: Betsy DeVos Blocked from Entering D.C. Public School

[size=14][size=14]Betsy Devos Blocked from Entering D.C. Public School

A group of protestors blocked Betsy Devos from Entering a D.C. Public School Friday

[/size][/size]
[size=49][size=49]Play Video[/size][/size]
[size]
Protesters outside the speech chanted “stop supporting rapists,” and advocates of sexual assault victims quickly criticized the announcement. “What seems procedural is a blunt attack on survivors of sexual assault,” Fatima Goss Graves, president and CEO of the National Women’s Law Center, said in a statement. “It will discourage schools from taking steps to comply with the law—just at the moment when they are finally working to get it right.”
DeVos said the department will launch a so-called notice and comment process to develop a new approach.
“We know this much to be true: one rape is one too many, one assault is one too many,” DeVos said. “One person denied due process is one too many. This conversation may be uncomfortable, but we must have it. It is our moral obligation to get this right. Campus sexual misconduct must continue to be confronted head-on.”
This article originally appeared on Time.com[/size]

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 10 Sep 2017, 23:20

Just wanted to say that I hope everybody here on COH who lives in Florida and other states effected by hurricane Irma: I hope you're all safe, my thoughts are with you!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 12 Sep 2017, 02:14

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4873994/WH-won-t-say-climate-change-responsible-hurricanes.html

[size=34]White House officials refuse to say if they believe climate change is responsible for giant hurricanes Irma and Harvey[/size]

• Administration officials aren't saying whether they believe, or if the president believes, climate change is responsible for the two large storms

• Climate scientists have long warned that hurricanes would get stronger as the oceans warmed

• Both Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the president's Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert were asked about climate change today 

• Huckabee Sanders wasn't sure if Trump was rethinking pulling out of the Paris climate agreement, though touted the US's environmental record 

• Bossert said, 'Causality is something outside by ability to analyze right now,' when asked if he thought climate change caused the storms to be so big 

• Previously, EPA Administration Scott Pruitt suggested it was inappropriate to ask about climate change when people's lives were at risk from Hurricane Irma  

By NIKKI SCHWAB, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 17:26 EDT, 11 September 2017 | UPDATED: 20:51 EDT, 11 September 2017

Trump administration officials are keeping their lips sealed on whether they believe there are connections between the two Category 4 hurricanes that came barreling at the United States in recent weeks – Harvey and Irma – and climate change.
When Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked about a link Monday she touted the country's environmental record and moved on. 
When Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert was asked, as he preceded Huckabee Sanders in the briefing, he wouldn't talk about climate change's cause. 
'I will tell you that we continue to take seriously the climate change,' he said. 'Not the cause of it, but the things that we observe.' 
'Causality is something outside my ability to analyze right now,' Bossert also added.  
When President Trump was asked about it Sunday, returning home to the White House from Camp David, he simply ignored the reporter's query and walked inside. 
Climate scientists largely agree that the oceans are heating up, leading to larger, scarier hurricanes. 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 442AD58B00000578-4873994-image-a-30_1505165031153

+2

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders was asked about climate change Monday and pointed out that President Trump had previously addressed the issue 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 442ABD6800000578-4873994-image-m-32_1505165109772

+2

President Trump's Homeland Security Advisor Tom Bossert said on climate change that, 'Causality is something outside by ability to analyze right now' 
At Monday's briefing, Huckabee Sanders dismissed a climate change question, noting that Trump had addressed the issue previously of whether he thought it was man-made.  
In the past Trump has suggested climate change was a hoax created by the Chinese to choke American industry. 
In June he pulled the United States out of the Paris climate accord. 
Huckabee Sanders was also asked if Trump was re-thinking that decision now.
'I'm not sure, specifically, on the Paris climate deal, but as he said at the time the goal is to always do the very best when taking care of the environment and taking proper steps,' Huckabee Sanders replied. 
'The United States is one of the best in the world at doing this, we want to continue to do that, but right now the administration is focused on the recovery and the relief efforts and as Tom [Bossert] said a few minutes ago we'll look at that analysis once we get through the coming days and focus on the recovery and relief and saving-life effort,' Huckabee Sanders added. 

Bossert had suggested that the hurricanes be studied, though also pointed out the cyclical nature of the seasons.
'And I think the scientists for the forecast on this particular one, they were dead on that this would be a stronger, more powerful hurricane season with slightly more than average large storms making landfall in the United States,' he said. 
'So we'll have to do a larger trend analysis at a later date,' Bossert added. 
The Environmental Protection Agency's Scott Pruitt went one step further when asked about climate change Friday, suggesting that it wasn't appropriate. 
'To have any kind of focus on the cause and effect of the storm versus helping people, or actually facing the effect of the storm, is misplaced,' Pruitt said. 
Of course the scientific community, as the New York Times put it, believes that 'drawing links between warming global temperatures and the ferocity of hurricanes is about as controversial as talking about geology after an earthquake.'
But in politics it's become a heated issue that speaks to the current red-versus-blue divide. 
And while it's primarily Republicans who won't touch the global warming third rail, that doesn't always hold true. 
On Sunday, Sen. John McCain, R-Fla., who has preached bipartisanship in recent months on the heels of his cancer diagnosis, told CNN's Jake Tapper that he didn't know why his Republican colleagues were denying climate change, adding that it was 'time to sit down.'  
'We have to understand that the climate may be changing and we can take common sense measures which will not harm the American people,' McCain argued.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 13 Sep 2017, 22:53

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/06/politics/trump-harvey-donation/index.html

[size=56]White House lists 12 recipients of Trump's $1M Harvey donation[/size]

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 140929103051-kevin-liptak-profile-image-small-11

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 150522130357-jeremy-diamond-profile-small-11

By Kevin Liptak and Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 6:47 PM ET, Wed September 6, 2017

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 Video_pinned_white_bg

Source: CNN

Trump: Harvey victims happy with response 01:22

Washington (CNN)The White House on Wednesday listed 12 charities that will receive personal donations from President Donald Trump and his wife, Melania, who pledged last week to donate $1 million for Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.
The largest contributions will go to the Red Cross and the Salvation Army, which are each set to receive $300,000 according to a statement.
Other recipients include Reach Out America, an aid distribution organization, and Samaritan's Purse, a Christian relief group headed by evangelist Franklin Graham. The Houston Humane Society, Catholic Charities and the ASPCA are among the other organizations due to receive donations from Trump.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 170829195339-trump-usa-hat-0829-large-169

Trump to donate $1 million to Texas recovery
"The President and first lady witnessed the work of some of these groups first hand while visiting with hurricane survivors, first responders, volunteers and federal, state and local officials, and are proud to further assist the recovery efforts in Texas," the White House said in a statement.

The million-dollar batch of contributions amounts to one of the largest personal donations from a sitting president. Trump has visited Texas twice since Harvey made landfall, meeting state and local authorities and greeting some displaced residents.
Trump's reelection campaign encouraged his supporters to make donations themselves in the immediate aftermath of the storm.
Trump has come under scrutiny in the past for charitable donations, including allegations he often didn't follow through on promised contributions after announcing them publicly. A promised donation to veterans' groups during last year's presidential campaign didn't materialize until months later after questions from reporters.
Trump has made good on a vow to donate the entirety of his presidential salary since taking office.
The White House said on Wednesday that Trump selected the recipients for Harvey relief efforts based in part on recommendations from members of the White House press corps, who were asked to put forward causes worthy of his donation.
Here is the full list of organizations in line for Trump's donation:

• Reach out America -- $100,000

• Red Cross -- $300,000

• Salvation Army -- $300,000

• Samaritan's Purse -- $100,000

• ASPCA -- $25,000

• Catholic Charities -- $25,000

• Direct Relief -- $25,000

• Habitat for Humanity -- $25,000
  • Houston Humane Society -- $25,000
  • Operation Blessing -- $25,000
  • Portlight Inclusive Disaster Strategies -- $25,000
  • Team Rubicon -- $25,000

Trump's longtime secretary Rhona Graff, who still works at the Trump Organization, has begun phoning nonprofit groups that will receive a personal donation.
"We just received notification by phone that a personal donation from President Trump has been made to Direct Relief and a check is being sent by mail," Direct Relief spokesman Tony Morain told CNN on Wednesday afternoon.
He confirmed Graff made the call.
CNN has reached out to the other organizations to confirm whether they have received a call or donation yet.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 14 Sep 2017, 04:09

Glad to know CNN is following up.  As President, and with Trump's sorry reputation on charitable giving, any financial commitments he makes will be under far greater scrutiny.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 14 Sep 2017, 11:26

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4882526/Trump-agrees-deal-Democrats-protect-immigrants.html

[size=34]Trump does a deal with Democrats on Obama's 'Dreamers': The President agrees to protect young immigrants from deportation in return for enhanced border security 'that DOES NOT include the wall'[/size]

• The deal was announced by Democrats Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi 

• Agreement would enshrine protections for 800,000 illegal immigrants 

• Includes the children who benefited from President Obama's DACA program

• Pelosi said the agreement included a package on borders 'excluding the wall'

• White House press secretary Sarah Sanders later tweeted that there was no agreement on the wall during the meeting 

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 22:23 EDT, 13 September 2017 | UPDATED: 03:48 EDT, 14 September 2017

The top House and Senate Democrats said Wednesday they had reached agreement with President Donald Trump to protect thousands of younger immigrants from deportation and fund some border security enhancements — not including Trump's long-sought border wall.
The deal announced by Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi following a White House dinner would enshrine protections for the nearly 800,000 immigrants brought illegally to this country as kids who had benefited from former President Barack Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program. 
The program provided temporary work permits and protection from deportation.
Trump ended the program earlier this month and had given Congress six months to come up with a legislative fix before the statuses of the so-called 'Dreamers' begin to expire.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443EC37B00000578-4882526-President_Trump_pictured_on_Wednesday_has_come_to_an_agreement_w-m-25_1505360186099

+5

President Trump (pictured on Wednesday) has come to an agreement with Democrats to protect young immigrants in exchange for a package on enhanced border security 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443FF4C300000578-4882526-image-a-16_1505356716191

+5

The deal announced by Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (picturd on Wednesday) following a White House dinner would enshrine protections for the nearly 800,000 immigrants brought illegally to this country as children
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4433B06400000578-4882526-image-a-26_1505360213098

+5

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but said in its own statement that the president had had 'a constructive working dinner' with Schumer (pictured), Pelosi and administration officials
'We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that's acceptable to both sides,' Pelosi and Schumer said in a joint statement.
It was the second time in two weeks that Trump cut out Republicans to reach a deal with Pelosi and Schumer. A person briefed on the meeting, who demanded anonymity to discuss it, said the deal specifies bipartisan legislation called the DREAM Act that provides eventual citizenship for the young immigrants.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but said in its own statement that the president had had 'a constructive working dinner' with Schumer, Pelosi and administration officials 'to discuss policy and legislative priorities,' including DACA.

RELATED ARTICLES

'This is a positive step toward the President's strong commitment to bipartisan solutions for the issues most important to all Americans,' the White House said.
But later the White House issued a statement that said the exclusion of th eborder wall 'was certainly not agreed to'. 
During a White House meeting with moderate House members from both parties earlier Wednesday, Trump had urged lawmakers to come up with a bipartisan solution.
'We don't want to forget DACA,' Trump told the members at the meeting. 'We want to see if we can do something in a bipartisan fashion so that we can solve the DACA problem and other immigration problems.'
The apparent deal is the latest example of Trump's sudden pivot to bipartisanship after months of railing against Democrats as 'obstructionist.' He has urged them to join him in overhauling the nation's tax code, among other priorities.

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443E840500000578-4882526-image-a-17_1505356746736

+5

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said earlier Wednesday that Trump was 'committed to the wall. It doesn't have to be tied to DACA but its important and he will get it done'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4442292600000578-4882526-image-m-20_1505357175775

After the meeting on Wednesday night, Sanders seemed to go against what top Democrats had said. She insisted there was no agreement on the wall
Trump, who was deeply disappointed by Republicans' failure to pass a health care overhaul, infuriated many in his party when he reached a three-month deal with Schumer and Pelosi to raise the debt ceiling, keep the government running and speed relief to states affected by recent hurricanes.
'More and more we're trying to work things out together,' Trump explained Wednesday, calling the development a 'positive thing' for both parties.
'If you look at some of the greatest legislation ever passed, it was done on a bipartisan manner. And so that's what we're going to give a shot,' he said.
The 'Kumbaya' moment now appears to extend to the thorny issue of immigration, which has been vexing lawmakers for years. Funding for Trump's promised wall had been thought to be a major point of contention between Republicans and Democrats as they attempted to forge a deal.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443EC3B300000578-4882526-image-a-18_1505356919220

+5

Trump (pictured on Wednesday) ended the DACA program earlier this month and had given Congress six months to come up with a legislative fix before the statuses of the so-called 'Dreamers' begin to expire
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said earlier Wednesday that Trump was 'committed to the wall. It doesn't have to be tied to DACA but its important and he will get it done.'
After the meeting, she seemed to go against what the Democrats had said in their statement.
She tweeted: 'While DACA and border security were both discussed, excluding the wall was certainly not agreed to.'
House Speaker Paul Ryan, who also sat down with Pelosi to talk immigration Wednesday, said during an AP Newsmaker interview that deporting the so-called 'Dreamers' was 'not in our nation's interest,' and said the president had 'made the right call.'
'I wanted him to give us time. I didn't want this to be rescinded on Day One and create chaos,' Ryan said, arguing the time would allow Congress to 'come up with the right kind of consensus and compromise to fix this problem.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 14 Sep 2017, 13:45

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4882526/Trump-agrees-deal-Democrats-protect-immigrants.html

[size=34]Deal or no deal? Trump says he did NOT make an agreement with Democrats on 'Dreamers' and border security despite Chuck and Nancy's claims: 'THE WALL...will continue to be built'
[/size]

• The deal was announced last night by leading Democrats Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi after a dinner at the White House with the president

• They said  that Trump agreed to enshrine protections for 800,000 illegal immigrants, aka Dreamers, in a border security package 'excluding the wall' 

• White House press secretary Sarah Sanders later said that there was no agreement on the wall during the meeting

• President Trump said the same thing in a string of tweets on Thursday morning

• 'No deal was made last night on DACA. Massive border security would have to be agreed to in exchange for consent. Would be subject to vote,' he said 

• Follow up message: 'The WALL, which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of old and existing fences and walls, will continue to be built'

• Trump again pushed Congress to pass legislation protecing the immigrants - but said he wanted 'BIG border security'

By ASSOCIATED PRESS and FRANCESCA CHAMBERS, WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 22:23 EDT, 13 September 2017 | UPDATED: 08:35 EDT, 14 September 2017

President Donald Trump says he did not make a deal with Democratic leaders to protect illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as minors from deportation and fund some border security enhancements but not a wall.
Trump says that 'massive border security' adjustments would have to be on the table for him to make a handshake agreement with Democrats.
'No deal was made last night on DACA. Massive border security would have to be agreed to in exchange for consent. Would be subject to vote,' he said in Thursday morning tweets. 'The WALL, which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of old and existing fences and walls, will continue to be built.'
Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said after a White House dinner that a deal had been done that would enshrine protections for the nearly 800,000 immigrants who benefited from former President Barack Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, program.
Trump had put the program on a six-month sunset and urged Congress to pass legislation in that window to keep Dreamer, as they are called, in the U.S. permanently.
A joint Democratic statement said that Trump agreed to set aside the border wall as part of the agreement. The White House spokeswoman immediately slapped the claim down. The president followed suit this morning on Twitter.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443EC37B00000578-4882526-President_Trump_pictured_on_Wednesday_has_come_to_an_agreement_w-m-25_1505360186099

+5

President Donald Trump says he did not make a deal with Democratic leaders to protect illegal immigrants who came to the U.S. as minors from deportation and fund some border security enhancements but not a wall 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4444B10900000578-4882526-image-a-15_1505390666034

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4444B11600000578-4882526-image-a-16_1505390677558

Schumer and Pelosi said in a joint statement that hit inboxes at 9:45 pm that they had a 'very productive meeting at the White House with the President.'
'The discussion focused on DACA. We agreed to enshrine the protections of DACA into law quickly, and to work out a package of border security, excluding the wall, that’s acceptable to both sides.'
At 10:21 pm, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said they were mistaken.
'While DACA and border security were both discussed, excluding the wall was certainly not agreed to,' she said.
Trump followed up in a series of tweets this morning. He defended the Dreamers again - yet said 'no deal' had been made.
'Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!' he said. 'They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security.' 
The DACA program provides two-year work permits and protection from deportation to its 800,000 recipients.
Trump said he was ending the program this month and giving Congress six months to come up with a legislative fix before the statuses of the so-called 'Dreamers' begin to expire.
Conservatives were quick to point out that previous amnesty deals did not end with immigration overhaul like the one Trump has been pushing.
'Reagan led with Amnesty, 1986. Bush 43 led with Amnesty '06, Obama led with Amnesty '13. All failed so...Trump leads with DACA Amnesty 2017,' Iowa Rep. Steve King tweeted.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4442292600000578-4882526-image-a-17_1505390785953

A joint Democratic statement said that Trump agreed to set aside the border wall as part of the agreement. The White House spokeswoman immediately slapped the claim down
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443FF4C300000578-4882526-image-a-16_1505356716191

+5

The deal announced by Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer and House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (picturd on Wednesday) following a White House dinner would enshrine protections for the nearly 800,000 immigrants brought illegally to this country as children
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4433B06400000578-4882526-image-a-26_1505360213098

+5

The White House initially said the president had had 'a constructive working dinner' with Schumer (pictured), Pelosi and administration officials
It's the second time in two weeks that Trump has met with Pelosi and Schumer to talk about a deal.
A person briefed on the meeting, who demanded anonymity to discuss it, told AP the deal specifies bipartisan legislation called the DREAM Act that provides eventual citizenship for the young immigrants.

The White House had initially claimed its own statement that the president had had 'a constructive working dinner' with Schumer, Pelosi and administration officials 'to discuss policy and legislative priorities,' including DACA.

'This is a positive step toward the President's strong commitment to bipartisan solutions for the issues most important to all Americans,' the White House said.
Sanders issued a statement later that said the exclusion of the border wall 'was certainly not agreed to' in response to Pelosi and Schumer's claims.
During a White House meeting with moderate House members from both parties earlier Wednesday, Trump had urged lawmakers to come up with a bipartisan solution.
'We don't want to forget DACA,' Trump told the members at the meeting. 'We want to see if we can do something in a bipartisan fashion so that we can solve the DACA problem and other immigration problems.'
The apparent deal is the latest example of Trump's sudden pivot to bipartisanship after months of railing against Democrats as 'obstructionist.' He has urged them to join him in overhauling the nation's tax code, among other priorities.

[size=18]Sarah Sanders says Trump welcomes working with Schumer, Pelosi

[/size]

MORE VIDEOS
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 43253F0400000578-0-image-a-9_1502394685987

Bill O'Reilly airs new 'No Spin News' show on his website

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4429F12A00000578-0-image-a-4_1505149280356

'LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE' video marks its 10th anniver…

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 44313AB800000578-0-image-a-1_1505221446933

40,000 lightning strikes reported during volatile Calif…

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443814C000000578-0-image-a-23_1505279013052

Carlina Rivera thanks supporters after city council …

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443E840500000578-4882526-image-a-17_1505356746736

+5

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said earlier Wednesday that Trump was 'committed to the wall. It doesn't have to be tied to DACA but its important and he will get it done'
Trump, who was deeply disappointed by Republicans' failure to pass a health care overhaul, infuriated many in his party when he reached a three-month deal with Schumer and Pelosi to raise the debt ceiling, keep the government running and speed relief to states affected by recent hurricanes.
'More and more we're trying to work things out together,' Trump explained Wednesday, calling the development a 'positive thing' for both parties.
'If you look at some of the greatest legislation ever passed, it was done on a bipartisan manner. And so that's what we're going to give a shot,' he said.
The 'Kumbaya' moment now appears to extend to the thorny issue of immigration, which has been vexing lawmakers for years. Funding for Trump's promised wall had been thought to be a major point of contention between Republicans and Democrats as they attempted to forge a deal.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443EC3B300000578-4882526-image-a-18_1505356919220

+5

Trump (pictured on Wednesday) ended the DACA program earlier this month and had given Congress six months to come up with a legislative fix before the statuses of the so-called 'Dreamers' begin to expire
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said earlier Wednesday that Trump was 'committed to the wall. It doesn't have to be tied to DACA but its important and he will get it done.'
After the meeting, she seemed to go against what the Democrats had said in their statement.
She tweeted: 'While DACA and border security were both discussed, excluding the wall was certainly not agreed to.'
House Speaker Paul Ryan, who also sat down with Pelosi to talk immigration Wednesday, said during an AP Newsmaker interview that deporting the so-called 'Dreamers' was 'not in our nation's interest,' and said the president had 'made the right call.'
'I wanted him to give us time. I didn't want this to be rescinded on Day One and create chaos,' Ryan said, arguing the time would allow Congress to 'come up with the right kind of consensus and compromise to fix this problem.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 14 Sep 2017, 13:55

Trump is such an idiot, the wall which is already under construction in the form of new renovation of the old and existing fences and walls , will continue to be built.

So basically he didn't get his wall and they are repairing the one that is there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 14 Sep 2017, 16:49

So let me guess:
a) Would two politicians with decades of experience in political work and negotiations declare that they had a very constructive meeting with the president and found a solution for an important problem if this solution didn't exist?
b) Or would the president maybe have the feeling after the meeting that the solution is not what he really wanted?

Difficult question, if the president also was a veteran in politics, but in this case I'd vote for b)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 15 Sep 2017, 05:08

As far as political maneuvering goes Pelosi and Schumer are light years ahead of Trump who is, as annemarie said so delicately, an idiot!  I think Trump can relate to Schumer in a way he can't with the Senate Majority leader Mitch McConnell, who is as dry as sand.  Trump and Schumer are both from New York and have known each other for years. I think Schumer just got the better of Trump. 

Now there is all of this walking back and clarifying what Trump did and didn't agree to ... after Trump's staff got a hold of him. 

Trump should never have come out and said so blatantly 
that he was getting rid of DACA.  But he knew he would cause new headlines and a firestorm of criticism.  Which is what he wanted. He thrives on making headlines and chaos.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Sep 2017, 17:00

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4887636/Donald-Trump-tweets-Tube-bomber.html

[size=34]'I'll call her right now': Trump vows to phone May about the Parsons Green terror attack after she blasts his Twitter rant claiming Scotland Yard had the bomber 'in their sights'[/size]

• Donald Trump said Friday morning: 'Another attack in London by a loser terrorist'

• Trump tweeted suspects had been 'in the sights of Scotland Yard' ahead of time

• May said it was never helpful for people to be speculating about terror probe 

• A crude device set off Friday on London's Tube could have killed dozens

• The bombing injured at least 22 people, including a ten-year-old boy

By TIM SCULTHORPE, DEPUTY POLITICAL EDITOR FOR MAILONLINE and KATE FERGUSON, POLITICAL CORRESPONDENT FOR MAILONLINE and DAVID MARTOSKO, US POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM 
PUBLISHED: 06:52 EDT, 15 September 2017 | UPDATED: 11:44 EDT, 15 September 2017

Donald Trump today insisted he would call Theresa May 'right now' about the Parsons Green bombing after he sparked a new row over intelligence sharing.
The President claimed in a Twitter rant that Scotland Yard had the bomber 'in their sights' ahead of today's attack - implying officers had a suspect before the explosion.
Both Mrs May and the Met Police blasted Mr Trump today for speculating about the fast moving investigation. A backlash was growing as MPs told MailOnline the US must not undermine a crucial intelligence sharing relationship.
The row is a revival of damaging split between London and Washington in May when shared intelligence about the Manchester bombing was handed to US media.
After risking a new diplomatic row with Britain, Mr Trump insisted he had been briefed on intelligence about the attack and said he would call Mrs May. 
Mr Trump's initial Tweets came at almost exactly the same time as Met Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley gave an initial update on the attack in a TV statement.
Standard UK police procedure in the aftermath of any terror attack is to keep the identity of any suspects confidential. The tactic allows rapid arrests to be carried out without alerting the prime suspect or their family and friends. 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 445022EF00000578-4887636-image-m-65_1505483829256

+6

Theresa May (pictured in No 10 this afternoon) said any speculation was unhelpful when asked about the President's tweets on the Parsons Green attack  

[size=10][size=18]May says threat level 'remains severe' after Parsons Green attack

[/size][/size]

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444DE35E00000578-4887636-Trump_tweeted_Another_attack_in_London_by_a_loser_terrorist_Thes-a-82_1505488776759

Trump tweeted: 'Another attack in London by a loser terrorist.These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444E27B200000578-4887636-image-a-55_1505481860736

+6

Met terror chief Mark Rowley updated the media on the investigation this morning (pictured) but has not given any details of any man hunt 

RELATED ARTICLES

• Previous

• Next

• The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444D220800000578-0-image-a-5_1505467158174Chaos on the London Underground as District Line is shut...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444CCD0700000578-0-image-a-7_1505461396440Why is Trump telling us things our own police won't? Furious...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444E121500000578-0-image-m-64_1505474036605'Crude' bucket bomb made with fairy lights could have killed...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444D13F200000578-0-image-m-16_1505474719388Timeline of terror: Parsons Green train bombing is FIFTH...

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

1.7k shares
Mr Trump's used today's tirade to promote his plans for a travel crackdown on Muslims wanting to visit the United States.

HOW RELEASING INFORMATION HELPED CATCH BARCELONA ATTACKER 

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 17DDBD0500000514-4887636-A_handout_photo_made_available_by_Spanish_Police_shows_Moussa_Ou-a-14_1505489700991
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 03FC807E000007D0-4887636-Barcelona_suspect_Driss_Oukabir-a-15_1505489701229

Images of Barcelons suspects Moussa Oukabir and brother Drissa emerged within a few hours of the Las Ramblas attack

More than seven hours after the terror attack in Parsons Green, police in London are still refusing to confirm whether they have a suspect.
The approach taken contrasts sharply with the response to the last major terror attack in Europe, Barcelona in August.
Just over an hour after the attack took place, Spanish police tweeted the public to say they were searching for the attacker and to avoid the area.
Then, within three hours after the attack, a photo of a suspect, Driss Oukabir, was released and circulated online.
The release of the image caused Oukabir to come forward to his local police and tell officers his documents had been stolen.
This was again revealed to the media as Oukabir's younger brother Moussa became the prime suspect.

Speaking from Downing Street after chairing a meeting of the Government's emergency 'Cobra' committee, Mrs May said: 'I never think it's helpful for anybody to speculate on what is an ongoing investigation.' 
A Met Police spokesman said: 'The comments are unhelpful and pure speculation.
'If anyone has got any evidence or information, please contact the anti-terrorism hotline.'
The force declined to give details when asked by MailOnline if they had a suspect, evidence of a wider plot or if any suspect was seen on CCTV.
Liberal Democrat home affairs Sir Ed Davey told MailOnline Mr Trump could undermine the police investigation
He said: 'It is insulting to the victims of this attack that Donald Trump is already using it to try and further his divisive political agenda.
'Once again, Trump has shown he is not fit for the office of US President.' 

Labour MP Stephen Doughty, a member of the Home Affairs Select Committee, told the MailOnline the President should not have intervened.
He said: 'The full focus must be on allowing the police and security services to do their job, and those responding at the scene to the emergency and tending to those injured.' 
Mr Doughty warned the United States was endangering the special relationship by interfering in British investigations.
He said: 'It has the potential to not only undermine a vital relationship, but also to prejudice investigations into this and other incidents.'

[size=18]May says threat level 'remains severe' after Parsons Green attack

Loaded: 0%
Progress: 0%
0:00

Previous
Play
Skip
Mute

[/size]
Current Time0:00
/
Duration Time1:41

Fullscreen
Need Text

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444C576300000578-4887636-image-a-47_1505472744108

+6

President Donald Trump has claimed Scotland Yard knew ahead of time about a bomber or bombers who set off a crude incendiary bomb Friday morning on London's 'Tube' subway
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444DECD100000578-4887636-image-m-52_1505472896765

Trump added: 'Loser terrorists must be dealt with in a much tougher manner. The internet is their main recruitment tool which we must cut off & use better!'
Mr Doughty said it is 'obviously not the first time' key pieces of information about a terror attack have been leaked by the US, after details of the Manchester bombing investigation were printed in American newspapers. 
Mr Timothy tweeted: 'True or not – and I'm sure he doesn't know – this is so unhelpful from leader of our ally and intelligence partner.'
London Mayor Sadiq Khan - who has clashed publicly with Mr Trump before over London terrorism - told LBC today he had not seen the tweets but insisted the focus must be on allowing the police to get on with their job.
He said: 'What is important is cool, calm heads are heard now.'   
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444E028600000578-4887636-Theresa_May_s_former_adviser_Nick_Timothy_reacted_to_Trump_s_int-m-54_1505473131390

Theresa May's former adviser Nick Timothy reacted to Trump's intervention by saying the president 'doesn't know' anything: 'This is so unhelpful from leader of our ally and intelligence partner'

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444DA1B900000578-4887636-image-a-56_1505482069244

+6

Metropolitan Police officers were continued detailed searches and investigations at the scene of the bombing today (pictured) 
Mr Trump's tweets could reignite the diplomatic row between the UK and the US over the leaking of sensitive police information.
In May the UK police temporarily stopping sharing intelligence about the terror investigation with America over a series of leaks about the Manchester bombing.
It is understood American law enforcement agencies had the pictures for only a matter of hours before they were handed to a journalist from the New York Times.
The leak was the way Britons discovered the identity of the bomber Salman Abedi. Greater Manchester Police did not confirm his name until later.  
At the time, Mrs May warned continued leaking would undermine the special relationship.
She told reporters the ties between Britain and America was the 'deepest defense and security partnership that we have' but she warned it was 'built on trust'.
'Part of that trust is knowing that intelligence can be shared confidently and I will be making clear to President Trump today that intelligence that is shared between law enforcement agencies must remain secure,' she added. 

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444D030400000578-4887636-image-a-59_1505473550472

+6

Police in and around London are hunting for the 'bucket bomber' who tried blow up a rush hour Tube train amid claims that he is armed and may have left other devices
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444DEBE500000578-4887636-The_crude_device_could_have_killed_dozens_but_failed_to_properly-a-80_1505487455688

+6

The crude device could have killed dozens but failed to properly detonate and sent a 'wall of fire' through a subway car, injuring at least 22 people including a ten-year-old boy

[size=18]Passengers evacuate from an underground train near Parsons Green

[/size]

The latest version of Trump's travel ban, initially announced in a botched late-January rollout, calls for a ban on people entering the U.S. from six terror-prone countries that are also Muslim-majority nations.
It also bars the entry of most refugees from anywhere in the world.
Federal court challenges have resulted in exceptions being made for travelers who already have established ties to the U.S., including a broad definition of what counts as a close family member.
The U.S. Supreme Court is expected to hear oral arguments to decide the ban's constitutionality in October, but allowed it to go into effect last month while the case is pending. 
Police in and around London hunted Friday for a 'bucket bomber' who tried to blow up a rush hour Tube train amid claims that he is armed and may have left other devices.
The crude device could have killed dozens but failed to properly detonate and sent what was described as a wall of fire through a subway car, injuring at least 22 people including a ten-year-old boy.

[size=18]Parsons Green witness: 'It was like a fireball on my head'

[/size]

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444E094900000578-4887636-The_president_linked_Friday_s_attack_to_his_controversial_travel-a-83_1505488776851

The president linked Friday's attack to his controversial travel ban, saying it 'should be far larger, tougher and more specific – but stupidly, that would not be politically correct!'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444E127E00000578-4887636-He_also_drew_attention_to_the_military_action_against_ISIS_and_s-a-81_1505488776686

He also drew attention to the military action against ISIS and should the US should get 'nasty'
Terrified passengers reportedly ran for their lives and were seen covered in blood with scorched hands, legs, faces and hair after the incident in west London during the morning commuting rush hour.
Photographs from the District Line train show what experts believe is a 'pretty unsophisticated' bomb in a flaming white bucket inside an insulated freezer bag bearing the logo of the 'Lidl' European grocery chain.
Christmas tree lights are also shown connected to a battery protruding out of the top.
Witnesses said there was a loud 'bang' and a flash – and then a ball of flame engulfed surrounding passengers.

[size=18]Tube terror witness: People were running in every direction

[/size]

Scotland Yard said it was a terror attack but would not officially confirm claims that there is another device or that a suspect is on the run.
But an officer at the scene told MailOnline: 'We believe there is a second bomb – there is a man with knives on the loose.'
Luke Warsmey said the explosion was like a 'giant match' sparking and he saw a woman with no skin on her legs and a ten-year-old boy with a burned body.
He said: 'People just started sprinting. It was sort of every man for himself when that happened. The burn victims had severe leg injuries.
'It was a very busy commuter train, young and old, school children going to their schools. I saw was nannies trying to look for kids, because of the rush of people just taking five- and six-year-olds away from them and they were trying to look for them.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 15 Sep 2017, 19:07

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4888360/Trump-signs-congressional-resolution-condemning-neo-Nazis.html

[size=34]Trump signs congressional resolution condemning neo-Nazis and the Klan behind closed doors after claiming there were 'very bad people' on both sides of Charlottesville race riot
[/size]

• President Donald Trump quietly signed a resolution condemning neo-Nazis, the KKK and white nationalist groups of all types on Thursday evening

• Bill passed both chambers of Congress unanimously before it landed on his desk

• Trump said in a statement that he was 'pleased' to put his name to it - but he did not make the remarks

• 'We condemn the recent violence in Charlottesville and oppose hatred, bigotry, and racism in all forms,' the statement issued by the White House said 

By FRANCESCA CHAMBERS, WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 11:33 EDT, 15 September 2017 | UPDATED: 11:51 EDT, 15 September 2017

President Donald Trump quietly signed a resolution condemning neo-Nazis, the KKK and white nationalist groups of all types behind closed doors on Thursday evening.
The bill passed both chambers of Congress unanimously before it landed on his desk. 
White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said Wednesday, after she was asked about the resolution on camera, that Trump was 'looking forward' to signing the measure once it made its way over. Trump said in a statement that he was 'pleased' to put his name to it.
'We condemn the recent violence in Charlottesville and oppose hatred, bigotry, and racism in all forms,' the statement issued by the White House said.
The president did not make the remarks, or any remarks, about the resolution in front of cameras.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4450771600000578-4888360-image-a-43_1505490079929

+5

President Donald Trump quietly signed a resolution condemning neo-Nazis, the KKK and white nationalist groups of all types behind closed doors on Thursday evening 
He'd inflamed tensions earlier in the day when he told reporters during a question and answer session aboard Air Force One that some of the counter-protesters at a White nationalist rally in Charlottesville were 'very bad people,' doubling down on his position that both sides were responsible for the violence that took place at a race riot in August.

Text of S.J. Res. 49  

'Condemning the violence and domestic terrorist attack that took place during events between August 11 and August 12, 2017, in Charlottesville, Virginia, recognizing the first responders who lost their lives while monitoring the events, offering deepest condolences to the families and friends of those individuals who were killed and deepest sympathies and support to those individuals who were injured by the violence, expressing support for the Charlottesville community, rejecting White nationalists, White supremacists, the Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis, and other hate groups, and urging the President and the President’s Cabinet to use all available resources to address the threats posed by those groups.'

Trump came under fire last month for his claims that there were 'very fine people on both sides' of the clash and 'many sides' were to blame for the conflict that left one person dead. 
The topic came back up on Air Force One Thursday afternoon as a journalist questioned Trump about his meeting the morning before with Sen. Tim Scott, the only black Republican in the Senate.
The president mentioned the left-wing movement Antfia, which stands for anti-facist, and said, 'If you look at what's going on there, you know, you have some pretty bad dudes on the other side also. And essentially that's what I said.
'Now because of what's happened since then, with Antifa, you look at, you know, really what's happened since Charlottesville a lot of people are saying, in fact a lot of people have actually written, "Gee Trump might have a point." I said, you got some very bad people on the other side also, which is true.' 
Trump did not say in his original response to Charlottesville that there 'very bad people' on both sides. He said there were 'fine people' on both sides. 
The comment created an uproar. The original group of demonstrators were avowed white nationalists protesting the city's removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee.
Lee commanded the Army of Northern Virginia during the Civil War. 

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4331E7B900000578-4885760-image-a-17_1505424911435

+5

A group of white nationalists clash with clash with protesters at the Unite the Right Rally in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4331E1D000000578-4885760-image-a-18_1505424954900

+5

Trump came under fire last month for his claims that there were 'very fine people on both sides' of the clash and 'many sides' were to blame for the conflict that left one person dead

[size=10][size=18]Shane Warne talks about his 'close relationship' with Karl's wife

: 0%
[/size][/size]
Trump also said that 'many sides' were responsible, angering Republicans and Democrats alike in the national spotlight.
Rather than apologize, Trump contended during a campaign rally that he'd forcefully denounced racial hatred and the media was cherry-picking his statements.
'We condemn in the strongest possible terms this egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides, on many sides,' Trump had previously said. 'It has been going on for a long time in our country -- not Donald Trump, not Barack Obama. It has been going on for a long, long time. It has no place in America.'
Trump did not mention white supremacists at all in his original remarks, giving rise to the criticism.  

Scott had harsh words for Trump at the time, saying then that the president had compromised his 'moral authority.'
He lectured Trump Wednesday at the White House on the history of racism in the U.S. toward African Americans and the Ku Klux Klan.
'We had three or four centuries of rape, murder and death brought at the hands of the KKK and those who believe in a superior race,' Scott told reporters after, according to the New York Daily News. 'I wanted to make sure we were clear on the delineation between who’s on which side in the history of the nation.'

Scott says he confronted Trump about his 'both sides' remark, telling him, 'While that’s true, I mean I think if you look at it from a sterile perspective, there was an antagonist on the other side.'
'The real picture has nothing to do with who is on the other side,' Scott says he told Trump, according to the New York Times. 'It has to do with the affirmation of hate groups who over three centuries of this country’s history have made it their mission to create upheaval in minority communities as their reason for existence.'
Trump's response to the talking to was that it 'makes sense,' Scott said.
Scott told CBS News in a separate interview, 'He's obviously reflected on what he has said, on his intentions and the perception of those comments.
'I'll let him discuss how he feels about it, but he was certainly very clear that the perception that he received on his comments was not exactly what he intended with those comments,' Scott said of the president. 
Scott said it 'will take time' for Trump to get his moral authority back, the Daily News reported. 

[size=34]TRUMP'S SIGNING STATEMENT[/size]

Today, I am pleased to sign S.J. Res. 49. As Americans, we condemn the recent violence in Charlottesville and oppose hatred, bigotry, and racism in all forms. No matter the color of our skin or our ethnic heritage, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God. We are a Nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. As one people, let us move forward to rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans. 

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443F992F00000578-4881652-image-a-1_1505337720773

+5

President Trump sat down with Sen. Tim Scott, the only black Republican in the U.S. Senate, Wednesday for a conversation on race relations and Charlottesville
The president had an opportunity this week to take a step in that direction, signing a resolution legislators passed unanimously in the House and Senate condemning white supremacists, neo-Nazis and the KKK. 
Sanders said Wednesday Trump 'looks forward' to putting his name on the document once it arrived at the White House.

Asked Wednesday whether Trump feels, after speaking with Scott, that he should have condemned white nationalism more boldly, Sanders said the president has nothing to be sorry for.
'The President was clear in his initial statement that he condemned hatred, bigotry, racism of all forms. He continues to stick to that message. He’s been very consistent in that fact. He and the Senator talked about that and discussed that, and agreed that that was the appropriate place to be,' she said.
In an appearance on CBS Sunday show Face the Nation just after the attack, Scott had said, 'It’s going to be very difficult for this president to lead if, in fact, his moral authority remains compromised.' 
He declined to criticize Trump further when he spoke to reporters after his visit with the president at the White House on Wednesday. 
'I think I was clear before we met, and I was clear while we met,' the South Carolina senator told USA Today, leaving his disagreement with Trump the past.

Scott said of the conversation, 'We discussed everything from legislative remedies for those living in poverty, to the incident in Charlottesville, to some of the other issues that are important — diversifying staff.'

[size=18]Trump: Both sides are to blame for Charlottesville violence

[/size]

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said  Wednesday during her daily briefing that Trump and Scott spoke about 'potential solutions moving forward to bring the country together'

[size=18]Trump at Phoenix rally: "I love ALL the people of our country"

[/size]

An official White House readout of the meeting said they talked about the Trump administration’s 'relationship with the African American community, the bipartisan issue of improving race relations, and creating a more unified country. 
'President Trump remains committed to positive race relations and looks forward to continuing the dialogue with Senator Scott, the African American community, and leaders from diverse communities across the country, all of which have a wealth of perspectives and experiences with respect to this issue.' 
Sanders said during her daily briefing that Trump and Scott spoke about 'potential solutions moving forward to bring the country together.'
Scott was 'not at all' fixated on his displeasure with the president's Charlottesville comments, she said, a remark that contrasted what the senator says he told Trump about racism.
'They talked about it pretty in depth, but the focus was primarily on solutions moving forward,' she stated. 'And that was what both people came to the meeting wanting to discuss, is what we can do to bring people together, not talk about divisions within the country.'
Trump said Thursday that he and Scott 'had a great conversation.'
'And he also has legislation, which I actually like very much -- the concept of which, I support -- to get people going into certain areas and building and constructing and putting people to work. And I told him yesterday, that's a concept I could support very easily.'

[size=18]Senator Tim Scott delivers passionate speech on race relations

[/size]
The president opened up his remarks by noting that Scott, an endorser of Marco Rubio in last year's GOP presidential primary, has been a friend of his for years.
'I've been a supporter of his when I was civilian. I was one of his earliest supporters, and I supported him when he ran,' Trump said.
He went on to talk about Antifa and the all the people writing him to say he was right after Charlottesville.
Antifa is loosely organized left-wing activist movement that relies on violence to convey its agenda.

Democrats on Capitol Hill had pushed last month for an official censure of the president over his original Charlottesville remarks, assigning blame to the anti-white nationalists. Republicans agreed to a resolution blasting racists.
The bill cleared the Senate on Monday and the House on Tuesday, with Trump signing it Thursday.
In the bipartisan statement, that assault that took Heather Heyer's life is pointedly referred to as a 'domestic terrorist attack.' The KKK and neo-Nazis are also called out.
Lawmakers ask Trump personally to 'speak out against hate groups that espouse racism, extremism, xenophobia, anti-Semitism, and White supremacy' in the declaration.
They also call on him to use 'all resources available' to 'address the growing prevalence of those hate groups in the United States.'
Trump said in a signing statement that accompanied the final resolution: 'Today, I am pleased to sign S.J. Res. 49. As Americans, we condemn the recent violence in Charlottesville and oppose hatred, bigotry, and racism in all forms. 
'No matter the color of our skin or our ethnic heritage, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God, ' Trump wrote. 'We are a Nation founded on the truth that all of us are created equal. As one people, let us move forward to rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.'

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 16 Sep 2017, 01:57

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4889458/Judge-Sessions-deny-grant-money-sanctuary-cities.html

[size=34]Federal judge slaps down Sessions and rules the Justice Department can't cut off grant funding to 'sanctuary cities' that protect illegal immigrants[/size]

•  Attorney General Jeff Sessions announced a plan to withhold grant money from 'sanctuary cities'

•  Criminal justice grants would be withheld from cities that didn't comply

•  More than 30 jurisdictions filed court briefs against the new policy

• Notification requirement for that cities about to release someone in the country illegally from local jails

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
PUBLISHED: 16:43 EDT, 15 September 2017 | UPDATED: 19:46 EDT, 15 September 2017

Attorney General Jeff Sessions can't follow through - at least for now - with his threat to withhold public safety grant money to Chicago and other so-called sanctuary cities for refusing to impose new tough immigration policies, a judge ruled Friday in a legal defeat for the Trump administration.
In what is at least a temporary victory for cities that have defied Sessions, U.S. District Judge Harry Leinenweber ruled that the Justice Department could not impose the requirements.
He said the city had shown a 'likelihood of success' in arguing that Sessions exceeded his authority with the new conditions. Among them are requirements that cities notify immigration agents when someone in the country illegally is about to be released from local jails and to allow agents access to the jails.
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 442C0A0D00000578-4889458-image-a-22_1505511565120

+5

U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions speaks at a news conference to address the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program at the Justice Department in Washington, U.S., September 5, 2017. A federal judge ruled Friday that the Justice Department could not impose requirements on sanctuary cities to make them eligible for funding
The city had asked the judge for a 'nationwide' temporary injunction this week, asking the judge not to allow the Justice Department to impose the requirements until the city's lawsuit against the department plays out in court.
City officials have said such a ruling would prevent the Justice Department from withholding what are called Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grants to the cities based on their refusal to take the steps Sessions ordered.
Chicago has applied for $2.2 million in the federal grant money - $1.5 million for the city and the rest for Cook County and 10 other suburbs. But in a recent court hearing, attorneys representing the city said that more than 30 other jurisdictions across the United States filed court briefs supporting Chicago's lawsuit and have up to $35 million in grants at stake. 

[size=10][size=18]Jeff Sessions announces rescindment of ‘Dreamers’ program

[/size][/size]
torney General Jeff Sessions speaks during a vigil ceremony marking the September 11 terrorist attacks at the Department of Justice on September 11, 2017 in Washington, DC. Today marks the 16th anniversary of the attacks that killed almost 3,000 people and wounded another 6,000
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4453FC1900000578-4889458-image-a-34_1505513170405

+5

The Golden Gate Bridge is awash in warm light from the setting sun in San Francisco, California, February 13, 2015. The court ruling suspends action against sanctuary cities
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4453FC1D00000578-4889458-image-a-35_1505513181873

+5

DENVER, CO - APRIL 30: Denver Skyline as seen from the Cherry Creek Dam road in Denver, Colorado on April 30, 2015. The court ruling suspends action against sanctuary cities
Though the $1.5 million is just a tiny fraction of the city's budget, the ruling could be a major victory for a city that has been in a public fight with Sessions. 
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has said the city would not 'be blackmailed' into changing its values as a city welcoming of immigrants, and Sessions responded that the Trump administration would not 'simply give away grant money to city governments that proudly violate the rule of law and protect criminal aliens at the expense of public safety.'

RELATED ARTICLES

• Previous

• Next

• The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 44514C3B00000578-0-image-m-41_1505495695612Revealed: Huma Abedin's MOM told women's rights champion...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4450410B00000578-0-image-m-12_1505486170123Hillary's red-hot anger at green shirt debacle revealed: She...The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 Wire-1349911-1505511538-782_87x84Cuba mystery: Even Castro baffled by harm to US diplomatsThe Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 444A03F500000578-0-image-m-81_1505506557944'He likes us!' Chuck Schumer caught on hot mic talking about...

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

[size=35]30 shares[/size]
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4428F20F00000578-4889458-WASHINGTON_DC_SEPTEMBER_11_U_S_Attorney_General_Jeff_Sessions_de-a-33_1505512548222

+5

Attorney General Jeff Sessions departs after speaking during a vigil ceremony marking the September 11 terrorist attacks at the Department of Justice on September 11, 2017 in Washington, DC. Today marks the 16th anniversary of the attacks that killed almost 3,000 people and wounded another 6,000
The ruling is another blow to Sessions, a longtime champion of tougher immigration laws. 
Earlier this month, Sessions announced that the administration would end a program that protects young immigrants who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children or came with families who overstayed their visas. Trump later announced he was working on an agreement to protect them.
Whether or not the ruling means that Leinenweber will ultimately decide in favor of the city is unclear.
During a hearing, Ron Safer, an attorney representing the city, said that if the Justice Department prevailed, he could use the same argument to 'seize' even more authority to tie grant money to doing what he wants.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 17 Sep 2017, 13:14

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4891942/Trump-supporters-set-MAGA-hats-fire.html

[size=34]Trump supporters BURN their MAGA hats after the president attempts an immigration deal with Democrats that protects Obama's DREAMers[/size]

• Several people took to Twitter to burn their MAGA hats when Trump voiced favor of DACA and discussed an immigration deal with Democrats 

• One Twitter user said the president had become the swamp and had flip flopped on several campaign promises 

• Multiple users used the hastags '#AmnestyDon' and '#burnmyMAGAhat' 

By KAILEEN GAUL FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 21:34 EDT, 16 September 2017 | UPDATED: 03:29 EDT, 17 September 2017

When President Donald Trump tweeted his approval for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, he lost favor with some of his base.
Several people took to Twitter to physically show they did not approve of the apparent flip flopping by setting their Make America Great Again hats on fire.
He angered some of his supporters again when he reportedly discussed a deal with Democrats regarding immigration. 
The official details are still unclear, but AP initially reported this included not building a wall. Trump has denied this. 
Scroll down for video  
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 445F124600000578-0-image-m-46_1505611092494

+5

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 445F125400000578-0-image-a-47_1505611098362

+5

Some people felt the president betrayed them when he tweeted support for DACA, the program that protects undocumented immigrants who moved to America with their parents. To show their anger, they set their hats on fire and posted the photos on Twitter 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 445F265400000578-4891942-image-a-50_1505612120658

+5

People on Twitter used the hastags '#AmnestyDon' and '#burnmyMAGAhat' to respond to the president's shift away from strict immigration laws
Republican representative Steve King tweeted: 'If AP is correct, Trump base is blown up, destroyed, irreparable, and disillusioned beyond repair. No promise is credible.'
Multiple users used the hastags '#AmnestyDon' and '#burnmyMAGAhat' to respond to the president's shift away from strict immigration laws.
A 16-year-old named Luis Withrow tweeted a video explaining how Trump's approval of DACA was the final straw, saying the president had become 'the swamp.' 
Trump tweeted Thursday: 'Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!' 

[size=10][size=18]Teen burns his MAGA hat after Trump hedges his position on DACA

[/size][/size]
ht on film: Teen killed after flashing his lights at cop

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 445F124A00000578-0-image-a-48_1505611107470

+5

Luis Withrow said the president had become the swamp and betrayed several of his campaign promised in his video of burning his MAGA hat 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 445F124E00000578-4891942-Many_people_mocked_those_burning_the_hats_on_both_the_conservati-m-12_1505614620737

+5

Many people mocked those burning the hats on both the conservative and liberal side of the political spectrum
Withrow explained to BuzzFeed News why he set his hat ablaze: 'So far, he's pretty much reversed his stance on immigration by keeping DACA and not building a real wall, intervened in the Middle East, sold weapons to the Saudis, stayed in NATO, stayed in NAFTA, and so much more that I could just go on and on about.'
'I've been reconsidering support for a while, but the DACA deal just sent me over the edge.'
'I still support him as the president, but I think that he needs to have it drilled into his head that we're his base and that we matter.'

RELATED ARTICLES

• other user tweeted: 'When @realDonaldTrump lets the swamp monsters in and shows the base the door...the base fights back -The Deplorables #MAGA #DACA #NoAmnesty.' 

Many people mocked those burning the hats on both the conservative and liberal side of the political spectrum.  
The official red hat is sold on the president's campaign website for $25 but there are many knockoffs. It is his signature staple and bears the saying once used by President Ronald Reagan that was heavily popularized by Trump on the campaign trail as a slogan.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 17 Sep 2017, 13:29

They can burn all the hats they want, but as long as they "still support him as president" it doesn't mean a damn thing. All it does is put more money in his pocket when they go out and buy a new hat.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Sep 2017, 18:50

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4895842/Ex-Trump-aide-Flynn-raises-money-legal-costs.html

[size=34]Mike Flynn's family pleads for donations to help cover disgraced Trump national security advisor's mounting legal costs in Russia probe[/size]

• Website asks for funds to help Mike Flynn cover 'tremendous' legal expenses

• Flynn is one focus of congressional probes and a special counsel investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election

• The fund could benefit from a change in the law to allow anonymous lobbyist and business donations to White House officials needing help with legal costs

• President Trump, his son Donald Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner, and several other current and former advisers have all retained lawyers

By WIRES and DAVID MARTOSKO, US POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM 
PUBLISHED: 10:46 EDT, 18 September 2017 | UPDATED: 11:59 EDT, 18 September 2017

The family of former White House national security advisor Michael Flynn has launched a defense fund to raise money for mounting legal costs in the sprawling Russia election interference probe.
Flynn, who advised President Donald Trump's election campaign but was fired 22 days into the new administration, is under investigation for misreporting his contacts with Russian officials and his alleged lobbying activities for Turkey while involved in the campaign.
A new website for the Michael T. Flynn Legal Defense Fund called his lawyer bills 'tremendous.'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443B283000000578-4895842-image-a-10_1505749132424

+3

Former White House national security advisor Michael Flynn is raising money for his legal costs in the sprawling Russia election interference probe
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 443E24FD00000578-4895842-image-a-11_1505749162784

+3

Flynn and his son Mike Jr., shown at Trump Tower last November, are both promoting the legal defense fund on Twitter
'The costs of legal representation associated with responding to the multiple investigations that have arisen in the wake of the 2016 election place a great burden on Mike and his family,' the site said.
'Any support provided is greatly appreciated.'
Flynn's defense fund could potentially benefit from a change in the law to allow anonymous lobbyist and business donations to White House officials needing help with their legal defense.
Trump, his son Donald Trump Jr., son-in-law Jared Kushner, and several other current and former advisers have all retained lawyers to deal with the investigations, with lawyers fees for some topping $1,000 an hour. 
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 447267D100000578-4895842-image-m-8_1505749021026

The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 4472322600000578-4895842-image-m-9_1505749042332

Launching an official fund opens the door for lobbyists and businesses to make anonymous donations

RELATED ARTICLES

The fund was established by Flynn's brother Joe and sister Barbara Redgate, who said in a statement the 'enormous expense' of legal fees had put a 'tremendous financial burden on our brother Mike and his family.'
They asked supporters of the retired U.S. general, 'veterans, and all people of goodwill' to contribute to the fund, which will collect donations from U.S. citizens through a newly created website, according to the statement.
Flynn, a central figure in a federal probe led by special counsel Robert Mueller, as well as a focal point of congressional investigations, broke a months-long silence to thank his siblings for their support on Twitter.
'Lori and I are very grateful to my brother Joe and sister Barbara for creating a fund to help pay my legal defense costs,' Flynn said in a tweet, referring to his wife Lori.
'We deeply appreciate the support of family and friends across this nation who have touched our lives.'
Flynn's son, Michael Jr., tweeted: 'Support @genflynn if you can..legal costs are what they are. I believe the truth will prevail. Hope others out there feel same. #TwoSides.'
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 15861A3000000514-4895842-image-a-12_1505749167523

+3

Happier days: Flynn (right) is pictured on January 28 in the Oval Office with President Trump, former chief of staff Reince Priebus, Vice President Mike Pence and former press secretary Sean Spicer (top right)
The Serious Side - part 3 - Page 19 447222CF00000578-4895842-image-m-7_1505749002473

Flynn's son said 'the truth will prevail' – if his father has enough money to defend himself
Flynn faces probes in Congress, from Robert Mueller, the Justice Department's independent prosecutor into Russian interference, and in the Defense Department, where Flynn formerly served as head of the Defense Intelligence Agency.
He has not been charged with anything.
But the investigations focus on several areas: his repeated discussions of US policy with Russian officials before and after Trump's shock election victory in November 2016; accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars to lobby for Turkey while advising Trump; being paid $33,750 by Russian TV RT to appear at a Moscow event; and his efforts to bring together Russia, the United States and Saudi Arabia in a deal for nuclear plants in the Middle East.
Potential charges include not reporting his business meetings, travels and payments as he was obligated to do as a former senior US military official.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 18 Sep 2017, 20:36

I sympathize with General Flynn's financial woes. Legal fees in this country, especially at his level, are brutal. His son wants us to pay his legal fees so that the "truth will come out". If he had told the truth in the first place he wouldn't need our money to pay the lawyers because he wouldn't need the lawyers.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next