George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris

+7
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
Katiedot
annemarie
Donnamarie
carolhathaway
Tulips
11 posters

Go down

The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris Empty The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris

Post by Tulips Tue 28 Feb 2017, 22:08

[size=37]George and Amal Clooney Shop for Twins in Paris: They Were ‘Looking at Cribs and Nursery Furniture,’ Says Staffer[/size]

BY PETER MIKELBANK@PMIKELBANK

POSTED ON FEBRUARY 28, 2017 AT 12:30PM EST

• TWEET
  • EMAIL

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-twins-shopping-in-paris%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-babies-4.jpg%3Fw%3D1024&description=George and Amal Clooney Shop for Twins in Paris: They Were %E2%80%98Looking at Cribs and Nursery Furniture,%E2%80%99 Says%C2%A0Staffer][/url]
PETER MIKELBANK. INSET: TODD WILLIAMSON/GETTY
Expectant twin parents Amal and George Clooney went shopping in Paris this weekend to arrange delivery for this summer.
Late Saturday afternoon, the couple paid a discreet visit to Baudou, a small, family-run showroom on the Left Bank’s Rue de Solférino. ‎The shop, behind the Musée d’Orsay, is a Parisian parents’ mecca, specializing in handmade layette and solidly stylish nursery furnishings.
During their quick visit, Amal, 39, spoke with staffers, asking questions while inspecting the shop’s hand-made nursery furniture. “She was looking exclusively at cribs and nursery furniture,” one staffer tells PEOPLE.
Want all the latest pregnancy and birth announcements, plus celebrity mom blogs? [url=https://pages.email.people.com/moms-babies/? Thanks]Click here to get those and more in the PEOPLE Babies newsletter[/url].
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-twins-shopping-in-paris%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-babies-1.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=Peter Mikelbank][/url]PETER MIKELBANK[url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-twins-shopping-in-paris%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-babies-3.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=Peter Mikelbank][/url]PETER MIKELBANK
“The visit was brief — maybe 20 minutes — but she took information and said she’d be in touch. She was very friendly and very, very elegant.”
Added the staffer of George, 55, “[He] asked some questions, wanted to know a few details. He was very nice, really simple, very easy. He was in jeans and a jacket, like any other expectant father we see on the weekend.”

As for how the Clooneys learned about the shop, the staff doesn’t have any idea. Maybe George’s pal Brad Pitt — who came in a few years back to look at a pair of children-sized club chairs — told them?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][url=https://pinterest.com/pin/create/button/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Fbabies%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-twins-shopping-in-paris%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2017%2F02%2Fgeorge-amal-clooney-babies-2.jpg%3Fw%3D2000&description=Peter Mikelbank][/url]PETER MIKELBANK
RELATED VIDEO: Pregnant Amal Clooney Steps Out to Support Husband George at César Awards in Paris

[size=49]Play Video[/size]

Pregnant Amal Clooney Steps Out to Support Husband George at César Awards in Paris
Jet-setting doesn’t stop for Amal Clooney in pregnancy!

The small family-run shop, whose line has always been made exclusively in France, has a long-established attraction for celebrity clientele — and not just French.
In business at the same location for 38 years, the Baudou family had supplied nursery furniture for Princess Grace of Monaco and then, in turn, her daughter Princess Caroline.
Other high-profile customers have included Céline DionRobert De Niro and Woody Allen — and staff can still recall the time they closed down the small corner shop for Michael Jackson, “Who literally bought one of everything in stock.”
For more about George and Amal Clooney’s romantic weekend in Paris, pick up the latest issue of PEOPLE, on newsstands Friday.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris Empty Re: The Clooney's Go Shopping in Paris

Post by Tulips Tue 28 Feb 2017, 22:09

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The link for the above post.

This is from the iPad and it copies all this other crap.  But I'm trying to respect Katie's wishes.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 28 Feb 2017, 22:44

That looks like a shopping paradise for parents-to-be... (at least for those who can afford to shop there).
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 01 Mar 2017, 00:09

I like the stuffed animal heads! Especially the fox. Fantastic Mr. Fox. It is a beautiful store.

Tulips, good effort. Better than I could do. Thanks
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 01 Mar 2017, 00:36

I love the bassinets they don't stay in them for long but they are so pretty.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 01 Mar 2017, 09:07

Firstly, thanks so much for copying over the stuff as well as the link. It does look messy, but it's so much nicer to see all the pics and text on this site instead of having to click over to another site.

I also like the stuffed animal heads on the wall - my imaginary wood-lined study has these toy heads mounted like that!

I'm still wondering why they'd need to buy baby stuff in Paris. I'm assuming they can get whatever they wanted back in the UK or US?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:23

I think they like what they saw and will have a mixture of things in their different nurseries.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 01 Mar 2017, 13:29

Katie - Maybe someone at their hotel suggested they take a look - or maybe one of their friends said "If you're going to be in Paris....".

My first thought was that they were out for a stroll and just happened upon the shop, but then I remembered who they are and realized well that ain't gonna happen ! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 01 Mar 2017, 14:08

True Lizzy and the owner did say that Brad had purchased chairs from them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 01 Mar 2017, 19:14

Those animal heads on the wall look to me like the inside of a nursery hunting lodge. 

Definitely along the lines of Hemingway's trophies in his study in Havana - but miniature

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Wed 01 Mar 2017, 19:42

Katiedot wrote:Firstly, thanks so much for copying over the stuff as well as the link.  It does look messy, but it's so much nicer to see all the pics and text on this site instead of having to click over to another site.

I also like the stuffed animal heads on the wall - my imaginary wood-lined study has these toy heads mounted like that!

I'm still wondering why they'd need to buy baby stuff in Paris.  I'm assuming they can get whatever they wanted back in the UK or US?

Because there is just no getting around the fact that the French do everything "baby and child" so so much better than anyone else  Very Happy

The British give them a serious run for their money  Very Happy

I don't have their money but if I did I would be very tempted. Speaking as the woman who ordered a smocked dress from Rachel Riley for my first born. An act of complete insanity. Very Happy

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 01 Mar 2017, 22:07

Is there pictures of Amal and George at here or just rumour.Btw, very pleased I yes I was first to break baby news here lady I know told to me 3 December.Go check

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 01 Mar 2017, 22:51

The staff said they were in the store and they knew who George and Amal were.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 02 Mar 2017, 13:56

Never understood the baby luxury thing. They don't need it, they don't care how much anything costs, and they grow out of everything in months.

Functional and safe for the furniture. Well-made and cute for the clothes. Fun and stimulating for the toys. They're babies. Naturally great without all the decoration.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 02 Mar 2017, 14:11

You're clearly forgetting the People exclusive of the happy parents showering their offspring with love nursery shots.   Must choose the set design carefully!!

( and the money paid by the magazine for such rights will of course go to one of A&G's many worthy causes.  it's not as if they're in need of or want attention into their private lives)

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Mar 2017, 14:33

Oh I think most of us know decorating a nursery is more pleasing to the parents than to the babies. Of course babies could care less. Many parents, especially moms to be, want to make a special space that's pretty and functional. How much is spent on a room, furniture, toys and clothes is all relative to what a couple can afford. If your back account allows you to buy a mansion and high end furnishings then your child's room will most likely be no exception.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Mar 2017, 16:21

My psych professor once told us that a child probably won't remember anything from before they were 3 years old. He took his children on several cross-country trips when they were really little and they claim to never have been west of Pennsylvania! Just sayin'. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 02 Mar 2017, 18:54

Donnamarie wrote:Oh I think most of us know decorating a nursery is more pleasing to the parents than to the babies.  Of course babies could care less.  Many parents, especially moms to be, want to make a special space that's pretty and functional.  How much is spent on a room, furniture, toys and clothes is all relative to what a couple can afford. If your back account allows you to buy a mansion and high end furnishings then your child's room will most likely be no exception.  

Sure. All true and obvious points.

I was just stating my opinion of the near-foolishness of it all. A bassinet from store in Paris doesn't do anything better than a Graco from the Target Superstore in Cincinnati, and doesn't make the baby more loved or happy. It's for show, and for the egos of the parents.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Mar 2017, 19:38

I understand your opinion Way2. There are many people who would agree with you. But lots of people who live a wealthy lifestyle do so because they can and they enjoy it. It doesn't mean they all do it for show or to feed their egos.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Mar 2017, 20:42

I think we all buy what makes us happy as parent's when my children were babies I bought things what were expensive because it made me happy. Babies don't care so you enjoy spending on them until they have an opinion and the arguments begin lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 02 Mar 2017, 20:58

A dress or a suit from Marks & Spencers would also do enough (cover their body and keep them warm) on a red carpet, and though eveybody wears designer wardrobes for these events...
But you're right, kids don't need wonderful designed furniture, they need to be loved, fed and dressed, and also a place to sleep. When I was pregnant with my twins, I was too sick to go shopping but was looking online for everything, and since it took so long to take them home, that was about the only thing we could do - and bet we did...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Thu 02 Mar 2017, 21:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down