George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Something to Think About... EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Something to Think About... EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Something to Think About... EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Something to Think About... EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Something to Think About... EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Something to Think About... EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Something to Think About... EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Something to Think About... EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
Something to Think About... EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Something to Think About...

5 posters

Go down

Something to Think About... Empty Something to Think About...

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 22 Jan 2017, 16:44

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Something to Think About... Empty Re: Something to Think About...

Post by LizzyNY Sun 22 Jan 2017, 22:21

That quote is taken from a reprint of Platell's DM article which has its own thread here. As far as Amal's penchant for wearing couture clothing while begging alms for the poor, we've fought that fight here a gazillion times. I think we agreed to disagree.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sun 22 Jan 2017, 22:23

LizzyNY wrote:That quote is taken from a reprint of Platell's DM article which has its own thread here. As far as Amal's penchant for wearing couture clothing while begging alms for the poor, we've fought that fight here a gazillion times. I think we agreed to disagree.
Thanks Lizzy.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 23 Jan 2017, 13:31

No....I think it impossible to rebuild a Yazidi village, money cannot buy everything.....What they have lost is priceless....

article wrote:Amal Clooney: Defending the poor in clothes expensive enough to rebuild an entire Yazidi village!
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Jan 2017, 14:37

WWHS - Agreed, but you know that wasn't the fight ladybug was trying to start. Does Amal wear very expensive clothes? Yes. Do all of us think it's always appropriate? No. So,what else is new?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 23 Jan 2017, 14:56

Lizzy, why do you think ladybugcngc is trying to start a fight?  She's simply expressing her view, from what I can tell.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Jan 2017, 15:08

PP -Just because she's been here long enough to know we've fought this out over and over again. I could be wrong, and if I am I apologize - but that's how it seemed to me.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 23 Jan 2017, 15:15

Okey dokey.  But for the record- I agree with her.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Jan 2017, 15:34

PP - I think I've made my opinion on this pretty clear in the past. I refuse to go down that road again. floggingadeadhorse
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 23 Jan 2017, 17:17

LizzyNY wrote:PP - I think I've made my opinion on this pretty clear in the past. I refuse to go down that road again. floggingadeadhorse
 Lizzy, I don't think you understand: your statement provoked the fight.  Something to think about.

I saw the statement in the article and found it interesting. The statement made me think introspectively, that I never want the cost of my clothes to exceed the amount of money I've given to a cause I represent. Interesting enough the model given to me by the Heavenly Father/Jesus ensures that will not happen.  

Even though I find Amal's approach to the Yazidi case odd and ineffective to the overall plight in the region (something I've talked about at great length  floggingadeadhorse )   I understood WWHS's statement (a rare occasion).  It put the focus on the devastation caused by twisted/wicked people who believe they are the righteous sent by god to avenge what they perceive to be unholy, unrighteous, and unjust; the enormous amount spent of clothes, purses, and shoe pale in comparison.

Just to be clear, I've never participated in a conversation about the cost of Amal's clothes in relationship with her Human Rights work.  I come from modest means it's extremely difficult for me to understand why anyone plays thousands of dollars for everyday ware: clothes, purses, and shoes.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 23 Jan 2017, 17:27

ladybugcngc wrote:
LizzyNY wrote:PP - I think I've made my opinion on this pretty clear in the past. I refuse to go down that road again. floggingadeadhorse
 Lizzy, I don't think you understand: your statement provoked the fight.  Something to think about.

I saw the statement in the article and found it interesting. The statement made me think introspectively, that I never want the cost of my clothes to exceed the amount of money I've given to a cause I represent. Interesting enough the model given to me by the Heavenly Father/Jesus ensures that will not happen.  

Feel odd defending Amal on this, but almost certainly the cost of her clothes does not exceed the value of her services if she was not donating them.  So I would think she would meet your standard on that.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 23 Jan 2017, 17:56

ladybug wrote: Lizzy, I don't think you understand: your statement provoked the fight.  Something to think about.
       In what way did my statement provoke a fight? All I said was that we have had this discussion many times before and I don't choose to go into it again.

If that's what you meant, you should have said so. You intimated that your concern was that Amal spends so much money on her clothes.

Just to be clear, I've never participated in a conversation about the cost of Amal's clothes in relationship with her Human Rights work.  I come from modest means it's extremely difficult for me to understand why anyone plays thousands of dollars for everyday ware: clothes, purses, and shoes.

Perhaps you haven't participated in the conversation, but Amal's clothing budget has been discussed to death here. As I said, I thought we all agreed to disagree.

Last edited by LizzyNY on Mon 23 Jan 2017, 17:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Don't know why my first comment is in boldface. It won't stop.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 23 Jan 2017, 18:08

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum