I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by LizzyNY on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 22:21

Carolhathaway - If you're not a citizen of the US you CAN'T VOTE. Period.

In order to vote you must be a citizen, 18 years or older. Voter registration rules vary from state to state and you must meet the residence and ID requirements of your state. About 2/3 of the states require an ID, and about 1/2 of those require a photo ID like a driver's license or passport. Other states accept birth certificates, Social Security cards and utility bills as proof of ID.

In my state once you register to vote you are assigned a specific polling place where you must go to vote. When you go to vote there is a ledger you must sign. Every time you vote you sign in on the same page so your signature can be compared to previous times you signed. You cannot vote unless you have signed the ledger and been cleared by the poll workers.

Unless you have somehow managed to establish legal residence in more than one place, and managed to get to multiple places in one day, I don't see how you could vote multiple times unless the poll workers were corrupt. IMHO that's as likely as Trump becoming the next Pope.
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 23:26

It is not possible he is full of crap. He can't seem to grasp that the whole U.S didn't vote for him nor do they like him.

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 24 Jan 2017, 23:40

annemarie wrote:It is not possible he is full of crap. He can't seem to grasp that the whole U.S didn't vote for him nor do they like him.
I do understand your stand; his comment about illegal voters is way over the top.
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 06:49

Lizzy,
thanks for explaining.
I thought it was something like that, so it actually is one of his 'alternative truths'. He blames others for telling 'fake news' (i.g. every fact he doesn't like), but tells lies himself.
carolhathaway
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 13:56

Donnamarie wrote:
PigPen wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:Here is a list of some faves from an Washington Post opinion writer of the many signs spotted at the March last Saturday.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/01/21/my-favorite-signs-at-the-womens-march-on-washington/?utm_term=.077069e2498d
Sorry gang... I find no humor in the vulgarity written on the signs.  I'd be embarrassed to hold one up in my own yard, let alone walk in a march holding it up.   But that's just me.............

IMO Trump brought this on himself.  He used vulgar comments during his campaign.  Most of the signs that I saw at the March on Saturday were paraphrasing comments he made .... referring back to the Access Hollywood tape.  If anyone should be embarrassed it should be Trump.  Unfortunately most of his supporters weren't shamed enough by his outrageous talk and behavior to vote for anyone but him.
I understand the dislike of vulgarity. However, these words were used against women and to denigrate and objectify them. Women using them is taking away the power of the words to do that and giving that power to women.  That I applaud. Just like "nasty".  Trump calls Hillary "nasty" for doing what any man would do and for a man it would not even be commented upon.  If a woman is nasty for just asserting her rights, then basically all women are nasty.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 14:01

ladybugcngc wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:

That one is priceless PAN!  Love it
I'm curious what would you want to legislate regarding male reproductive organs.
Intriguing question.  Maybe we could legislate that all men are required to give a dna sample so when children are born they can be sued for support if they are not in the picture.  And it could be used to test rape kits so rapists can be taken off the streets.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 14:22

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 15:42

PAN - I just saw that. Can't understand why it isn't front page news in every paper and on every news site. Fascism anyone? The media in this country needs to wake up and start fighting back against Trump's efforts to control the news.

He's already put a gag order on government agencies, refused access to media outlets he dislikes, threatened the media with "consequences" .... Our free press is in danger and the media is, at best, treating it as just another story - at worst, ignoring it. IMO they created this monster and now they're too afraid of it to fight back.
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 16:14

Unfortunately, Lizzy, those with the most power will 'not notice' it all the time the stockmarket climbs based on expectations........

Maybe I should start a #cynicreality.......

Now here's another one......

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-gag-us-government-scientists-environment-stop-speaking-public-tweeting-twitter-climate-a7544971.html

And this in addition to  stopping federal budget support for things like PBS, and the petition against it strangely not registering votes

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 16:54

He is requesting a full investigation into the voting fraud that he believes occurred. 

He claims that depending on results they will strengthening up voting procedures.

Bernie Saunders said basically he wants to stop people from voting and this should not be allowed
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/315908-sanders-trump-delusional-on-voter-fraud-claims

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 17:30

Thanks annemarie for the link.  The only person who thinks there is any fraud is Trump.  His spokespeople  are fishing for legit reasons for an investigation when they damn well know there is absolutely no evidence.  

In the meantime the Dow hit 20,000 for first time.  Gee, wonder if it has anything to do with Trumpster claiming this week to elimate up to 75% of business regulations.
Goldman Sachs stock has also risen 30%.  A handlful of the new Cabinet must be thrilled since they came from Goldman-Sachs.

I'm on the fence about the journalists who were arrested on Friday in D.C.  On the face of it it does look like the police overreacted during the chaos and these journalists just got caught up in it by accident ... or the police were overly zealous.  I want to hear what actual evidence there is that indicts they guys.  Interesting that the Washington Post reported on the Inauguration Day protests in D.C. and never mentioned the journalists' arrests.  The article PAN posted is the first I've read about it.

What is really disturbing is what amounts to a gag order that has been placed on our federal agencies, especially those within the EPA and Agriculture and their science committees.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 18:11; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed 25 Jan 2017, 23:55

I just read on Daily Kos that as of today FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) has not responded to the communities in Mississippi and Georgia devastated by last weekend's tornadoes.   I hope that this story is wrong.  I hope that Trump hasn't already dropped the ball on this one because he was preoccupied with more important issues, like  "voter fraud" during the election.  Seriously,  I hope this story is incorrect.  Maybe FEMA arrived later in the day today but regardless someone needs to get on top of this.
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 00:10

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 00:38

Sadly many of the people hit by these storms probably voted for him in the hope he'd make their lives better. This is a hard way for them to learn that all he wanted was their vote. Now he couldn't care less about them.

I wonder who he'll try to blame.
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 00:55

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 01:02

Donnamarie wrote:I just read on Daily Kos that as of today FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) has not responded to the communities in Mississippi and Georgia devastated by last weekend's tornadoes.   I hope that this story is wrong.  I hope that Trump hasn't already dropped the ball on this one because he was preoccupied with more important issues, like  "voter fraud" during the election.  Seriously,  I hope this story is incorrect.  Maybe FEMA arrived later in the day today but regardless someone needs to get on top of this.
I agree Donna.
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 01:14

Apparently the media is giving him a pass on this. I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere except here and on DailyKos. I hope someone  helps those poor people if FEMA doesn't. Trump should be ashamed to show his face.

Also love the fact that now anything coming out of the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) has to go through Trump's political appointees before it can be released to the public. Sure. They need to edit everything to reflect their "alternative facts" and make sure nothing interferes with their friends' profits. We will not be able to believe anything that comes from our government for as long as Trump and his cronies are in Washington. The media better be getting ready to work overtime!
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 04:06

Trump's comment during his awful speech at the CIA last weekend has also stirred up some controversy.  He made the claim, again, that the U.S. should go into Iraq and take the oil.  He said this while currently U.S. special forces are working alongside Iraqi soldiers in Mosel to eliminate ISIS.  How incredibly dangerous and stupid.  An Iraqi government official was asked about this by a reporter and the official didn't know what to say.  Also there is a video being circulated that originated in Iraq showing clips of Trump marking these same statements during the campaign.  At the very least this is reckless and possibly dangerous for the President of the U.S. to be talking like this.  It could put our forces in harm's way.  It's also against international law ... but Trump never plays by the rules.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 04:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct text)
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 05:36

But

If the rest of the world does

He will be soon

Appear as totally out of touch

And not worth to listen too

Can America let it happen?
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 05:43

America has already let it happen.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 05:57

Some put him there

Bec what he said

So the election

Now it's about what he ACTUALLY DOES

And consequences are still to be shown
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 06:28

Construction manual on how to start WW III:
- Close your borders
- Steal everything you want from other countries
- Ruin other countries economics
- Put a ban on independant press
- Blame everybody who has got a different opinion
- Underestimate the intelligence of political leaders in other   countries
- Make the people believe that they can only trust you and tgat everybody else is telling lies
- Fuel the hatred

We've gone through this before, and I always thought we've learned from that and have gone further...

Remember  what I wrote last year?
Maybe we need to go through a war again to realize how damned blessed we were before...
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 07:13

Please 
Oh my God 

no!!!!
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 10:59

There are those of us in America who know how blessed we are. 

The one's who voted for him have brought this on us, what is so really sad is they won't 

understand what they have done until it is too late.

The starting of WWW lll has always been something I have worried about with this fool. Congress had better

be able to stop him. They may want what they want to get done but I, don't want to believe they want a world war.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 12:20

Sadly 
In some ways

A war is still happening

By computers

Data control

Hackers

With hidden enemies 
Even more worrying

As I recently read

Human beings lived for ages in relatively small groups

Fighting one another for ground
food
Water

Control
Power

So the idea of a pacific way to live all together
It's really hard to get

Plus ppl lives in way different places
And Environments
Some more easy
Some less easy to live in

Some relatively free
Some not

Some really earthy
Some not at all

Too much differences 
That someone can use against one another 

Maybe the only good thing T will be
It's to open eyes
And make ppl move together
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 13:03

I think people should have learned something from all the wars that have happened. Yet we continue to repeat the same 
tragic events.

Nothing seems to have been learned and that will always be since certain men have so much ego and not as much common sense.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 13:14

...........and the nuclear codes - and apparently one continues to tweet from his unsecured phone..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 13:50

This is crazy there is no one that can stop him he is free to do and say whatever he wants.

The use of his phone shows how dumb he is he doesn't get that it can be hacked and he obviously doesn't care .

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 14:27

I do have enough faith in the majority of those in our country and our government that we would not let this man take us to the edge of war.  I think Trump's impeachment would occur before we would get to a catastrophic event like war.
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 14:32

Impeachment 

About what can it be made?  Any idea?
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 15:34

It's me - US Constitution Article II Section 4:

"The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on impeachment for and conviction of, Treason, Bribery or other High Crimes and  Misdemeanors."

The Officer must be found by the Senate to have committed one of these acts.

High crimes and misdemeanors are defined as: perjury, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming and refusal to obey a lawful order.

I hope this helps.
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 16:24

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 16:43

Really they question his emotional maturity now after everything he has said. So they weren't paying attention during the election to what he was saying.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 16:53

annemarie wrote:Really they question his emotional maturity now after everything he has said. So they weren't paying attention during the election to what he was saying.
No, they knew it was an issue.  But he was "their" candidate because they totally screwed up the primaries.  So they stood by him.  Then he won--much to their surprise!  And so they have power to advance their agenda even if he is an unstable president.  They will be very reluctant to give that up no matter how erratic and unethical and dangerous he is.  The coming months will be a display of the moral cowardice of many Republican politicians.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 16:57

Yes, fava cowards they are , and the people of America are going to pay for this cowardice.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 17:30

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 17:56

fava wrote:
annemarie wrote:Really they question his emotional maturity now after everything he has said. So they weren't paying attention during the election to what he was saying.
No, they knew it was an issue.  But he was "their" candidate because they totally screwed up the primaries.  So they stood by him.  Then he won--much to their surprise!  And so they have power to advance their agenda even if he is an unstable president.  They will be very reluctant to give that up no matter how erratic and unethical and dangerous he is.  The coming months will be a display of the moral cowardice of many Republican politicians.
What about the Democrats?  Over the last 16 years both Republicans and Democrats work under the guise of U.S. Oil/Corporate Business.
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 18:00

On the one hand I'm glad that the State Dept. senior staff has resigned.  On the other I shudder to think who will replace these competent people.

I read that General Mattis was blindsided by Trump when Trump spoke out about supporting torture and endorsing the idea of black sites.  How long is Mattis going to put up with Trump's shenanigans?  I think Mattis may decide to stick it out if for no other reason than to keep Trump in check.  Who knows who might be appointed if Mattis were to resign.  But I think he is not too happy with his boss.

The Republican Party is full of cowards.  McConnell lost my respect early in the Obama administration.  Ryan lost  all of my respect when he endorsed Trump for President. And all those weak Republicans who wouldn't endorse Trump during the campaign but finally came around in the end right after the election are sad excuses for honorable public officials.  I hope down the road, once their constituents wise up, these people will lose their congressional seats because of their blind support for the unfit Trump.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 18:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 18:03

Donnamarie wrote:Trump's comment during his awful speech at the CIA last weekend has also stirred up some controversy.  He made the claim, again, that the U.S. should go into Iraq and take the oil.  He said this while currently U.S. special forces are working alongside Iraqi soldiers in Mosel to eliminate ISIS.  How incredibly dangerous and stupid.  An Iraqi government official was asked about this by a reporter and the official didn't know what to say.  Also there is a video being circulated that originated in Iraq showing clips of Trump marking these same statements during the campaign.  At the very least this is reckless and possibly dangerous for the President of the U.S. to be talking like this.  It could put our forces in harm's way.  It's also against international law ... but Trump never plays by the rules.
Donna:  “He made the claim, again, that the U.S. should go into Iraq and take the oil.  He said this while currently U.S. special forces are working alongside Iraqi soldiers in Mosel to eliminate ISIS”.

Ladybug:  The Bush Administration/Halliburton did that in 2003; Congress and the Obama Administration (over the last eight years) continued to perpetuate that war.  Our military is engaged in a war that has NOT been defined and has NO designated end.

Donna:  “Also there is a video being circulated that originated in Iraq showing clips of Trump marking these same statements during the campaign.  At the very least this is reckless and possibly dangerous for the President of the U.S. to be talking like this.  It could put our forces in harm's way.  It's also against international law ... but Trump never plays by the rules”.

Ladybug:  Play by the rules?  What rules have ISIS and others played by?  What has the international court done to impede their murderous actions?  ISIS has committed murder all across the Globe, WHAT ACTION HAS THE INTERNATIONAL COURT TAKEN TO HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE FOR MURDER?

The makings of WW III started long before President Trump took office.  The war is led by those who believe they are entitled to the wealth of the world and waged against those who THEY believe are NOT entitled to wealth, ownership, and a prosperous standard of life. 

When the moral compass is the belief: one has the Biblical right, Biblical grace, Biblical flexibility to lie, deceive, mislead, misguide, violate laws of the land, use violence to execute moral justice, operate in wisdom that does not come from Heaven; along with the wicked/twisted ideology of the Islamic State who believe they are the righteous sent by god to avenge what they perceive to be unholy, unrighteous, unjust: creates a catastrophic demise that effects people across the Globe.  If we do nothing death and destruction confronts us in ways far beyond WW II ever did.  President Trump’s statements seem to come from a combative standpoint, however; it puts the conversation front and center.  

WE THE PEOPLE in the United States and across the Globe have to take a stand against those who believe they are ENTITLED to the wealth of the Globe.  We can insist our Military is NOT used for the expansion of PRIVATE BUSINESS ownership.  We can insist Government regulated industries take action to ensure the people they represent are protected from oppressive practices.  We have to have a President, Congress, and Judicial (agencies) that consider the safety of the citizens they represent when bringing refugees from a country or region that has HISTORICALLY PROVEN TO BE HOSTILE to the CITIZENS they represent.  There are at least 196 countries in the world, surely there are other ways we can help refugees that come from a region that has HISTORICALLY proven to be hostile to the citizens of the United States.

Donna with all this said I do agree your statement 100%.  Donna: "I do have enough faith in the majority of those in our country and our government that we would not let this man take us to the edge of war.  I think Trump's impeachment would occur before we would get to a catastrophic event like war:.
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 19:10

I don't see Trump's attitude as much different from that of Daesh - just aimed at a different target. It distresses me that he and many of his followers call themselves Christians. Their behavior and ideas are worlds away from the teachings of Jesus - Just as I suspect millions of Muslims are horrified and embarrassed by the fanatics that are trying to hijack their religion.

If you consider yourself a Christian, IMO the first question you should consider is "What would Jesus do?".
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 19:42

LizzyNY wrote:I don't see Trump's attitude as much different from that of Daesh - just aimed at a different target. It distresses me that he and many of his followers call themselves Christians. Their behavior and ideas are worlds away from the teachings of Jesus - Just as I suspect millions of Muslims are horrified and embarrassed by the fanatics that are trying to hijack their religion.

If you consider yourself a Christian, IMO the first question you should consider is "What would Jesus do?".
Interesting...
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 21:44

Trump stated that America will pay for the wall and Mexico will pay us back. 

Not gonna happen

Mexican President has said we are not paying for a wall

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/mexican-president-pay-border-wall-170126040315455.html

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 22:27

annemarie wrote:Trump stated that America will pay for the wall and Mexico will pay us back. 

Not gonna happen

Mexican President has said we are not paying for a wall

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/mexican-president-pay-border-wall-170126040315455.html
Congressional approval is needed to build the wall.  The continued effort of Network, Cable, Print, and Electronic news sources to report this and other stories like this WITHOUT including the checks and balances within our system of Government that oversees such action (s) is RECKLESS.   

https://qz.com/895092/read-us-president-donald-trumps-executive-order-to-build-a-wall-along-the-us-mexico-border/
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu 26 Jan 2017, 23:28

It would seem to be more important for Mexico to agree and they don't. 

What is reckless is Trump saying things that are not true since he is head of the country and should know better.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 06:32

So that's what Trump's mourning of '3 up to 5 million illegals voted for Hillary, that's why I didn't win the elector's vote as well:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html?_r=2

Somebody had told Bernhard Langer that he was rejected to vote while many others in the queue weren't rejected to vote, although they didn't look as if they were Americans (which is quite racist IMO since the States aren't a country where everybody looks like Trump (fortunately).
He told this to somebody else who met Trump at Thanksgiving and also talked about this story.

Well  if that's not a trustful and reliable source!
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 06:35

Haven't we talked about interest conflicts before?

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2017/01/25/cohns-goldman-deal-tillersons-exxon-one-show-weve-already-dealt-with-corporate-short-termism/#1a284dbb1193

So both, Cohn and Tillerson, are still connected to Goldman Sachs and Exxon, and their wealth is still based on these companies...
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 10:54

Carol, you get turned away from the polls if you don't have proper I'd , or your voters card also if your address is not at the polling site in the book.

He is a fool and let's hope congress stops him and doesn't allow money to be wasted on this nonsense.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 11:48

Yes, Carol, but it seems all-encompassing in Trump's cabinet doesn't it? No papers filed to the Ethics committee in time (something the Republicans insisted on for the Democrats), only seven minutes per person to interview said person for job before confirmation of post etc etc.......oh, and the odd lack of tax returns of course....and lots and lots of lying

A truly sobering comment from one who would know:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mikhail-gorbachev-ussr-last-soviet-premier-russia-world-prepare-war-syria-donald-trump-middle-east-a7548646.html

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 14:41

PAN, what's the feeling in the U.K. over May's visit with Trump today?  How do the majority of Brits feel about Trump as President and the U.K.'s relationship with us in the future?
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 27 Jan 2017, 14:43

party animal - not! wrote:Yes, Carol, but it seems all-encompassing in Trump's cabinet doesn't it? No papers filed to the Ethics committee in time (something the Republicans insisted on for the Democrats), only seven minutes per person to interview said person for job before confirmation of post etc etc.......oh, and the odd lack of tax returns of course....and lots and lots of lying

A truly sobering comment from one who would know:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mikhail-gorbachev-ussr-last-soviet-premier-russia-world-prepare-war-syria-donald-trump-middle-east-a7548646.html
PAN,
thanks for this article. I'm not so sure that we're really ahead of a war, but at least during the last two years the situation has increased to frighten me. And Mr. Gorbachev is certainly someone whose political experience we should accept.

Weapons, especially nuclear weapons, are just unbelievably dangerous, and you simply don't know how much damage they cause.
To rip off other countries' natural resources, lead them into civil wars and to close the door into their face when they see no alternative than refuging is no solution IMO, nor is the building of walls. Because they will always find a way to cross it, because they've got nothing to loose. If we want people to stay in their countries, we have to improve their living conditions. 

And you can't run a country like you run a business. Schools or health-service don't run profit-oriented, and you have to have in mind that there are weaker people who may not be as clever or as strong as you are, but they also deserve a living...
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum