George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side - part 2

+17
amaretti
oldweston
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Katiedot
Ragnar
Sevens
Alisonfan
PigPen
melbert
it's me
What Would He Say
Fingersandtoes
ladybugcngc
party animal - not!
fava
carolhathaway
21 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Serious Side - part 2 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Serious Side - part 2

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jan 2017, 14:11

fava wrote:His ability to disappear--stay out of the news--at this point does make me wonder how much of his prominence in the media in previous years was by his own choice. Alternatively, are people less interested now that he is an old, married man behind the camera?
FAVA - I miss him too.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 03 Jan 2017, 14:40

Well, he has nothing to publicise at the moment so he wouldn't necessarily need any sightings.

He could be in Beirut, but we will only know when the schools are up and running. 

He's obviously heavily involved in editing etc of Surbicon, and all his non-film causes.

As he acts less I guess this is likely to happen.........or maybe Amal's pregnant!? I can't imagine either of them wanting a running commentary on that!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jan 2017, 14:56

party animal - not! wrote:Well, he has nothing to publicise at the moment so he wouldn't necessarily need any sightings.

He could be in Beirut, but we will only know when the schools are up and running. 

He's obviously heavily involved in editing etc of Surbicon, and all his non-film causes.

As he acts less I guess this is likely to happen.........or maybe Amal's pregnant!? I can't imagine either of them wanting a running commentary on that!
PAN I agree I see more of George Clooney when he is involved in a project both on and off screen.  

Openning schools and baby news is all GREAT "possible" George and Amal Clooney news.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Tue 03 Jan 2017, 15:16; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 03 Jan 2017, 15:01

No, not news at all. Just surmising. And to be honest, he's always disappeared at Christmas if he can. It's just that Cabo became more of a paps resort. Sure he's found somewhere better by now!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 03 Jan 2017, 16:49

Wherever he is, it doesn't look like he spent New Years with the Gerbers which is a real break with tradition. I can think of a dozen reasons why he might have dropped out of sight. I just hope whatever the real reason is, it's something good.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 03 Jan 2017, 17:24

fava wrote:
What Would He Say wrote:The Elephant in the room is my 'lil Bro(George)....MIA....no sign, no word....nothing.....

Last seen, back in 2016 leaping like a tigger and sprinting down the road....like a dazzling white feather....

But I too am an Elephant....and Elephant's never forget....
His ability to disappear--stay out of the news--at this point does make me wonder how much of his prominence in the media in previous years was by his own choice. Alternatively, are people less interested now that he is an old, married man behind the camera?
His ability to disappear--stay out of the news--at this point does make me wonder how much of his prominence in the media in previous years was by his own choice

Been saying this all along, fava. George is never a victim- always in control.

Where the hell are Nicky Lorne and katie to get us back on topic  poisson davril

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 03 Jan 2017, 17:38

George is a homebody by nature, yes he enjoys going out but his heart is really in his home with his family and friends.

The women George dated before needed the press attention it helped their career, Amal doesn't need the pap attention

which is why I think they are more private and stay out of the public eye.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 03 Jan 2017, 18:04

Annemarie- Amal may not need the pap attention, in your opinion- but ya gotta admit- she sure does love it!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 03 Jan 2017, 19:59

I don't think she loves it I think she deals with it, it is a part of her life. She can't very well hide her face and curse them
out can she. It comes with the territory when you marry George clooney the paps are a part of your life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jan 2017, 20:15

annemarie wrote:I don't think she loves it I think she deals with it, it is a part of her life. She can't very well hide her face and curse them
out can she. It comes with the territory when you marry George clooney the paps are a part of your life.
Annemarie all the pictures of her at work and the coverage of her work on entertainment outlets are because of her relationship with George Clooney?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 03 Jan 2017, 20:58

Amal for the most part seems at ease with the attention.  She handles it well.  She accepts that she is in the limelight now.  She smiles for the camera because it beats the alternative.  I'm sure George prepared her for the media attention.  She has become a celebrity in her own right because of her work and her relationship with George.  Saying all that I still don't believe she goes out of her way to invite the pap's attention.  She does take advantage of her name recognition to give interviews regarding her work.  I don't see anything inappropriate in that either.  George does the same thing for his outreach work.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jan 2017, 21:04

Donnamarie wrote:Amal for the most part seems at ease with the attention.  She handles it well.  She accepts that she is in the limelight now.  She smiles for the camera because it beats the alternative.  I'm sure George prepared her for the media attention.  She has become a celebrity in her own right because of her work and her relationship with George.  Saying all that I still don't believe she goes out of her way to invite the pap's attention.  She does take advantage of her name recognition to give interviews regarding her work.  I don't see anything inappropriate in that either.  George does the same thing for his outreach work.
Thanks Donna, I've read Amal's mother is connected to entertainment journalism and that's why there is so coverage of Amal's work as well as their personal life.  It's good to know that connection has absolutely nothing the do with the coverage of George and Amal.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 03 Jan 2017, 21:08

I think the coverage comes with being George's wife , I'm sure she was known in her field.

If she loved the attention we would see way more of her than we do. We would see her every where doing everything and we don't.

Amal smiling she must love the attention, if she isn't smiling she is miserable and there is trouble in their relationship.

She is damned if she does damned if she doesn't. 

I think they are simply living their life , George has said he lives a very simple life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 03 Jan 2017, 21:31

annemarie wrote:George is a homebody by nature, yes he enjoys going out but his heart is really in his home with his family and friends.

The women George dated before needed the press attention it helped their career, Amal doesn't need the pap attention

George's gf before Amal did not to haddle press as well as Amal has because she is used to so much press before Marry George Amal as famous as George they now power couple. All gf before were lovers for passion only.Not business wife power couples.Amal she handle this well.Othere woman were only thinking of George and time in his bed.Amal more business like and used to it.she think of camera in hand not bed to come.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jan 2017, 21:44

annemarie wrote:I think the coverage comes with being George's wife , I'm sure she was known in her field.

If she loved the attention we would see way more of her than we do. We would see her every where doing everything and we don't.

Amal smiling she must love the attention, if she isn't smiling she is miserable and there is trouble in their relationship.

I think they are simply living their life , George has said he lives a very simple life.
I think you're right annemarie, if she was not George's wife we probably would not see much or her in the news.  

I remember Sarah Larson saying how she presented herself around the press was important; she did not want to give a perception of bad times in their relationship.

After seeing them consistently for 2 plus years, I do think it is extremely odd not to see either of them out and about.  I know George Clooney to be extremely private and over the years there have been times I did not see him out and about, months at a time.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jan 2017, 21:45

Alisonfan wrote:
annemarie wrote:George is a homebody by nature, yes he enjoys going out but his heart is really in his home with his family and friends.

George's gf before Amal did not to haddle press as well as Amal has because she is used to so much press before Marry George Amal as famous as George they now power couple. All gf before were lovers for passion only.Not business wife power couples.Amal she handle this well.Othere woman were only thinking of George and time in his bed.Amal more business like and used to it.she think of camera in hand not bed to come.
Hmmmmmm possible!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 03 Jan 2017, 22:24

We seem to blame Amal for smiling into cameras.
Just imagine Amal would hate every public appearance, would panic every time a pap catches her? 
What would that mean for their relationship? George sometimes needs his wife to represent with him. They both have to be aware to be caught by paps whenever they leave one of their properties. Have to choose their friends very carefully and have to know exactly what to tell whom.

I don't know if this is difficult for Amal, for me it would be hell, and I'm sure I couldn't cope with this pressure. And you're right, Annemarie, if Amal smiles, she loves the spotlight. If she doesn't, she's arrogant. She can't win.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 03 Jan 2017, 22:43

carolhathaway wrote:We seem to blame Amal for smiling into cameras.
Just imagine Amal would hate every public appearance, would panic every time a pap catches her? 
What would that mean for their relationship? George sometimes needs his wife to represent with him. They both have to be aware to be caught by paps whenever they leave one of their properties. Have to choose their friends very carefully and have to know exactly what to tell whom.

I don't know if this is difficult for Amal, for me it would be hell, and I'm sure I couldn't cope with this pressure. And you're right, Annemarie, if Amal smiles, she loves the spotlight. If she doesn't, she's arrogant. She can't win.
Carol I agree with you.  Not only Amal, in all of George Clooney's relationships the women standing with him has represented him well.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 04 Jan 2017, 04:35

ladybugcngc wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:Amal for the most part seems at ease with the attention.  She handles it well.  She accepts that she is in the limelight now.  She smiles for the camera because it beats the alternative.  I'm sure George prepared her for the media attention.  She has become a celebrity in her own right because of her work and her relationship with George.  Saying all that I still don't believe she goes out of her way to invite the pap's attention.  She does take advantage of her name recognition to give interviews regarding her work.  I don't see anything inappropriate in that either.  George does the same thing for his outreach work.
Thanks Donna, I've read Amal's mother is connected to entertainment journalism and that's why there is so coverage of Amal's work as well as their personal life.  It's good to know that connection has absolutely nothing the do with the coverage of George and Amal.

Just to make clear Baria Alamuddin is not connected to entertainment news.  She is a Middle East political analyst.  She has anchored tv programs, headed up a media group and been a lecturer on Middle East affairs at universities.

If anyone has contributed to the media attention Amal has received it is her husband.... not Baria.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingersandtoes Wed 04 Jan 2017, 05:07

annemarie wrote:I think the coverage comes with being George's wife , I'm sure she was known in her field.

I think they are simply living their life , George has said he lives a very simple i

I see nothing wrong with the way Amal handles the extra attention she's received from being with George. She is cordial to the paparazzi, that's only normal. I can't stand that 'hiding your face' stuff some people do. She's acknowledged, that she gets more attention, and has used to bring attention to her cases. There's not much she's said about George, or their life together. 

I don't see her 'enjoying' the attention, she's just not fake outraged at the paparazzi or attention around her.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 04 Jan 2017, 12:43

Here is a video of Baria hosting the GlobSec 2016 conference, and interviewing and discussing ISIS  with General John Allen, President Obama' special envoy, on the subject

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV4vdSZjJwo

She is foreign editor of the pan-arab Al Hayat

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 04 Jan 2017, 21:52

Well, Pence has said that repealing Obamacare is the first order of business for them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 04 Jan 2017, 22:06

annemarie wrote:Well, Pence has said that repealing Obamacare is the first order of business for them.
Great...  We the people are looking for a fair and equitable health care solution.  Obamacare is a bonanza for big business, the poor still has inadequate heath care and the middle class has astronomical health care costs.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 04 Jan 2017, 22:12

And since the Republicans have absolutely NO PLAN with which to replace Obamacare we will all soon be without access to medical care unless we are part of the 1%. Nice going compassionate, responsible Congress!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 04 Jan 2017, 22:21

I think it will be interesting to see how this is going to play out in Congress.  The Republicans will be raked over the coals if they repeal this law without safeguards in place to avoid some 20 mil people from losing their current healthcare.  They may repeal but it will take them some time to come up with an alternative program that isn't going to cost taxpayers more than they are already spending.  Heard that it might take at least a couple of years for actual changes to occur.  And even then the Repubs' plan could be far inferior and cause quite a disaster for insurance companies, hospitals, and increase Medicare and Medicaid costs.  Someone on the news described the ACA like the Jenga game.  You try to take the wrong piece out and the blocks all come tumbling down.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 04 Jan 2017, 22:22

LizzyNY wrote:And since the Republicans have absolutely NO PLAN with which to replace Obamacare we will all soon be without access to medical care unless we are part of the 1%. Nice going compassionate, responsible Congress!
Interesting....
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 04 Jan 2017, 22:34

And on top of that they want to privatize medicare.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 04 Jan 2017, 22:46

PAN,
thank you very much for posting this video! I was quite impressed by Baria and also by General Allen's knowledge of the situation about terrorists. And it definetely shows Baria's interests which don't seem to be PR and gossip, especially since she has never spoken about George and Amal in public.  
Since General Allen mentioned our Minister of Defence who had spoken before them, I'll try to find this video tomorrow and watch it.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingersandtoes Wed 04 Jan 2017, 22:53

It's simply a mess. Why not simply start improving Obamacare where they see faults?

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:06

Since I live in a country with at least a basic health care for everybody, I never understood what is so dangerous about that. There is a problem if there are still millions who can's afford the low raxes for Obamacare, but on the other hand there are many more who do have a health care, many of them for the first tine in their lives. Do you remember the eposodes on 'ER' where this was thematized? I do.

Trump said that he wants to install a much better and cheaper health care for eberybody. Is that the Republicans or just him? Since they had many opportunities over the last decades, when you had a Republican president...

So what do you do if you have a serious illness? Like cancer? Do you get the medical treatment you need?
When my kids were born very premature, they needed intensiv care for more than six months and several surgeries. They even flew in a doctor for my son's heart surgery because there was no doctor in this clinic who was able to do it, and he didn't was in a too serious health condition to be transported. What happened if we lived in the States? Would they still be with us? And I can tell you, that this time was so hard for us, on an emotional and alsp psycological base,  that I can't imagine to worry about money as well. I mean, we still had to drive hundreds of miles every day, needed to pay for valet parking  and after a few months, I moved to a home for parents whose children are in the hospital, and we had to pay for thst because our health care didn't, but we didn't need to pay the hospital or doctors.

How do other parents do that? Decide if their finances allow their kids to survive?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:26

Living in a country where there is a national health service, based on an amount taken out of everyone's pay packet at source along the same lines as tax, I find the US system very hard to understand.

As far as I know from US friends is that it is different in every state, and each system is funded by a different insurance company.

So would I be right in guessing that the Republicans would like to privatise Medicare so that they benefit from it if they have shares in it?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:36

One of the goals of the ACA was to streamline health care and make the system less complex and eventually, hopefully, less expensive and more inclusive. It hasn't worked as well as hoped so far. It needs fixing. But the Republicans want to throw it out completely. They don't like the federal government doing anything for the people. They call it "socialism" and say the states should handle things. Since we have 50 states (which , in this case, is like having 50 separate countries), if each had their own health care system it would be a disaster for the citizens of this country. It would be a bonanza of money making opportunities for the insurance industry and the Republicans, who would like to privatize anything they think they can make money from.

Last edited by LizzyNY on Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:46; edited 1 time in total
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:42

Donnamarie wrote:I think it will be interesting to see how this is going to play out in Congress.  The Republicans will be raked over the coals if they repeal this law without safeguards in place to avoid some 20 mil people from losing their current healthcare.  They may repeal but it will take them some time to come up with an alternative program that isn't going to cost taxpayers more than they are already spending.  Heard that it might take at least a couple of years for actual changes to occur.  And even then the Repubs' plan could be far inferior and cause quite a disaster for insurance companies, hospitals, and increase Medicare and Medicaid costs.  Someone on the news described the ACA like the Jenga game.  You try to take the wrong piece out and the blocks all come tumbling down.
They have been saying for 7 years that they will repeal Obamacare.  How is it that they do not have a replacement plan ready?!!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:43

Flip flop Donald said they were going to fix Obamacare. Yeah I know he speaks out of both sides of his mouth.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:43

LizzyNY wrote:Carolhathaway  - It must have been an awful time for you. If it had happened here there would have been many factors that would decide the kind of care your children got: where you live, what kind of insurance you have, what are the policies of the hospital in situations like yours and were they experienced in treating cases like yours, etc.. Truth be told, usually the more money you have the better care you get.
Bankruptcy is a very real risk for Americans with a serious illness and no health care.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 04 Jan 2017, 23:49

If anyone looks for my post that Fava quoted, I somehow managed to delete it when I added my second paragraph. Sorry if anyone was confused. Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 05 Jan 2017, 00:01

Here's an interesting article.......

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/donald-trump-foundation-charity-investigation-president-elect-money-philanthropy-millions-true-false-a7502556.html

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 05 Jan 2017, 00:07

The reason why the Republicans haven't been able to come up with an alternative to Obamacare is that they don't want a national healthcare system in our country.  They just don't say it. 

I can only imagine if we had had a national health care system in place for the last 20 years we would be a far healthier country and our health care costs would be lower.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 05 Jan 2017, 00:11

PAN thanks for the article.  This was a huge story during the campaign.  One of the Washington Post reporters did quite a thorough investigation of the Trump Foundation.  The facts revealed by David Fahrenthold, the reporter, did not seem to resonate with his voters.  The story was unbelievable but facts were not important enough to his voters.  But the Clinton Foundation on the other hand ....

Last edited by Donnamarie on Thu 05 Jan 2017, 00:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 05 Jan 2017, 00:23

How about this!?

https://twitter.com/davidaxelrod/status/811929901758578688

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 05 Jan 2017, 02:11

PAN - Thanks for David Fahrenthold's article from the Washington Post. What I found most interesting was the assessment of Trump's character by Tony Schwartz, the co-author of "The Art of the Deal":

"He's a man who operates inside a tiny bubble that never extends beyond what he believes is his self-interest."

Wonder what will happen when his self-interest and the national interest don't agree.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 05 Jan 2017, 02:29

He made her director of communications for the office of public liaison .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 05 Jan 2017, 04:13

.... and Bill Stepien is going to be the White House political director.  What a slap in the face to Chris Christie, Gov. of New Jersey, who desperately wanted to be part of the Trump administration (Attorney General) but was not only thrown off the transition team but thrown out with the bath water.  Instead Trump hires  Stepien who was fired by Christie back in 2014 for what he thought was his involvement in the Bridgegate scandal.

The theatrics just never end.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 05 Jan 2017, 07:10

Donnamarie wrote:PAN thanks for the article.  This was a huge story during the campaign.  One of the Washington Post reporters did quite a thorough investigation of the Trump Foundation.  The facts revealed by David Fahrenthold, the reporter, did not seem to resonate with his voters.  The story was unbelievable but facts were not important enough to his voters.  But the Clinton Foundation on the other hand ....
So this was a big story during the election campaign? And yet they only talked about the Clinton foundation? I had always thought that democracy is just one if the greatest things we have. And I still believe that, but sometimes...
When I watch TV and listen to interviews and reports about certain issues (mostly about refugees, moslems etc,), I iften get the feeling to live in a completely different world. Yes, theylive in my village, my hometown, but I don't have any problems with them. Neither has my husband or anybody I know. 

Yesterday I received an email via my account at work. Somebody wrote an open letter saying that his daughter's friend was raped by several refugees and is in hospital now, seriously injured and in coma (in fact it sounded exactly like the rape on the Indian woman some years ago who died in the end). And the police isn't allowed to report about it because that's not pc. Fortunately I'd read an online article in one if our news magazines before about this case, and the police which was mentioned in the letter, said that these are false news, that they would report about it and warned to multiply these news.
How many people believe these news? We had a similar report as well last year. The Russian press (esp. RT)covered that a 14 year old girl with Russian roots was raped by several refugees in Berlin, and since there was no report about it in our news, claimed that our press is lying. The German ambassador in Moskwa even had to report to Putin, and all they could say was that nobody had reported it to the police, nothing. In the end they found out that this was just an untrue story, but the right-wing parties still used this for their campaign at the federal elections in Berlin. How can you claim a false story? At a certain point oeople have to believe you (e.g. the press), and if they prefer to trust facebook, you can't change this...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 05 Jan 2017, 10:20

PigPen wrote:
fava wrote:
What Would He Say wrote:The Elephant in the room is my 'lil Bro(George)....MIA....no sign, no word....nothing.....

Last seen, back in 2016 leaping like a tigger and sprinting down the road....like a dazzling white feather....

But I too am an Elephant....and Elephant's never forget....
His ability to disappear--stay out of the news--at this point does make me wonder how much of his prominence in the media in previous years was by his own choice. Alternatively, are people less interested now that he is an old, married man behind the camera?
His ability to disappear--stay out of the news--at this point does make me wonder how much of his prominence in the media in previous years was by his own choice

Been saying this all along, fava. George is never a victim- always in control.

Where the hell are Nicky Lorne and katie to get us back on topic  poisson davril
I think Lorne informed us of her temporary departure from COH a couple of months ago. Katie just miraculously showed up today and that leaves Nicky the only missing core members along with Joann.  Haven't seen them post for like half a year!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:24

What's ilegal and should rile you all up more is the extensive pay to play scheme of the Clinton Foundation...of which donations have largely dried up since she lost....as the Clintons favored brutal regimes and dictators over the democracies and human rights they...and George...claim to support including but not limited to Qatar, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.  If putting American security and lives above the ideologies of these people is "scary" to you, perhaps you're part of the problem?   We dodged a HUGE bullet with Hillary's loss. One only need to see the petulant adolescent temper tantrums Obama is throwing on his way out to see how lucky we got.

Ragnar
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Jan 2017, 13:01

carolhathaway wrote:So what do you do if you have a serious illness? Like cancer? 

Whenever this discussion comes up, I always think of a lovely poster on this forum, Cindigirl, who died.  I think it took them a while to diagnose her cancer and she couldn't afford all the options and as I understand, her insurance didn't cover much.  I still miss her.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 05 Jan 2017, 13:52

It was a big story if you were paying attention and/or cared. The reporter may win a Pulitzer. It got overshadowed by things he said/tweeted (deliberate?), deflection to wikileaks, and things like the Access Hollywood tape.  

I remember the report that there was an event for an AIDS facility where major donors sat on the stage for the opening. Trump showed up, he had not donated anything and they had no idea he was coming.  He sat on the stage and took the seat of a major donor.  The organizers had to scramble to find the donor a seat.  After the event Trump --and getting his photo in the paper for attending the event and presumable donating--he still made no donation!  He made incredible efforts to appear charitable without giving much/any of his own money.  This is the character of our soon- to- be president.  When you compare him to people of similar wealthy Americans who care about our country/planet they have individually given hundreds of millions of dollars to charity.  Yes, public service and the problems or ordinary citizens are obviously his priority.  I believe Trump for about 10 years did not give any of his own money.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 05 Jan 2017, 14:13

Ragnar wrote:  We dodged a HUGE bullet with Hillary's loss. One only need to see the petulant adolescent temper tantrums Obama is throwing on his way out to see how lucky we got.
As opposed to the petulant adolescent temper tantrums Trump throws, and has thrown, every day of his life? PUHLEEZE!!!!!!!!!!! And as far as foundations are concerned, regardless of the source, at least the Clinton Foundation actually gives funding to others. Trump gives money to Trump. Period.

Much more important: I love you WELCOME BACK KATIE!!! I love you Boy, have you been missed! I miss Cindygirl, too. I remember what she went through and, sadly, I don't think it would have been much easier for her now. Everything here is such a mess.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 05 Jan 2017, 14:23

Yes fava.  I read that story.  Think it was Fahrenthold who revealed the details on the AIDS event.  It's deplorable.  On the face of it it's just inexcusable.
This investigation was big.  The reporter was on a number of news programs to discuss the details.  Yet half of the voting public didn't seem to care or think it was relevant enough to cost Trump the election.  

Regarding the post by Ragnar I would like to know the source you read that claims that Clinton Foundation donations have dried up.  And what is the exact evidence of the Clinton Foundation's "pay to play" scheme.  During the campaign no real evidence was made public that could have indicted the Foundation.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum