George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread

+26
iamnoone
benex
catwoman
Tulips
hathaross
Jenn
hairyhound
Joanna
amaretti
melbert
Missa
Katiedot
Way2Old4Dis
Alisonfan
PigPen
Ragnar
it's me
What Would He Say
Fingersandtoes
LizzyNY
annemarie
ladybugcngc
Sevens
carolhathaway
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
30 posters

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread

Post by Donnamarie Mon 20 Mar 2017, 15:35

I think Amal looks really good. She looks healthy. We don't know the exact due date so Amal may not be due until the end of June and not the beginning. Regardless there have been critics of Amal's weight all along and the claim she was too skinny, or worse that she had an eating disorder. It seems some want to continue the same type of gossip through her pregnancy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The definitive George and Amal Clooney baby thread

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Mar 2017, 14:54

The tabloids always need some kind of 'news' about stars, and when they don't have any, they just make it up - they really, really do.

She's very thin, she's not showing much of a bump and that's all they needed to come up with a story.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Wed 22 Mar 2017, 15:25

Pictures can be very deceiving.  I expect to see Amal looking very pregnant in future pictures.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 22 Mar 2017, 15:34

... and so can dresses. So it's obvious that she looks 'more pregnant' in a figure-hugging dress like she wore in Paris than in a wide-cut costume or dress like in New York.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 23 Mar 2017, 15:02

He talks about George in the last seconds:

He

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 24 Mar 2017, 22:54

This whole "George" will be fine with babies because he doesn't sleep much anyway" has to be a Y-chromosome concept. I laugh every time I hear it. Any woman will tell you that there's a world of difference between electively rolling out of bed in the middle of the night to work on a creative project or to muse about the state of the world...and being up because a baby (or two) needs your ass to be up.

Enlightened as he is, George is a throwback. That is to say, a chauvinist. Like someone (? Lizzy) said, he'll probably change a few diapers for the sake of some good stories, but I'm guessing that he'll leave it to Amal to hire the help, and the diapers will just automagically always be clean. He will have fun and be very involved, but unless and until the babies crap on his arms, he literally won't know that their shit stinks.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 24 Mar 2017, 23:12

Way2,
everybody who has kids and spent countless and endless nights trying to get them to sleep, to feed and change them knows that there's a huge difference between not being able to sleep because your own biorhythm or a crying baby (or two) doesn't allow you to sleep. Because somebody else dictates if you sleep or stay up all night.
There's a reason why sleep deprivation is a common way of torturing people...

But I also have to say that I would have loved if somebody else had changed my twins if I could afforded to pay somebody...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Mar 2017, 23:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney NOT Suffering “Sympathy Pregnancy Problems,” Despite Report
Truth rating: 0
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     
By Holly Nicol | 1:58 pm, March 26th, 2017

George Clooney is NOT experiencing “sympathy pregnancy problems,” nor did he suffer from a hiccup attack, despite a made-up report. Gossip Cop can bust this claim. We’re told it’s “false.”

“Amal Twins Kicking Hard In Hubby Clooney’s Belly?” reads a headline from this week’s National Enquirer. The supermarket tabloid goes on to claim the actor recently had a “sympathetic” pregnancy hiccup fit while out with friends in West Hollywood. A so-called “source” tells the outlet, “Soon-to-be-first-time daddy George has been so tense and worried about pregnant-with-twins Amal that she insisted he go pub crawling with his friends to take his mind off her and relax.”

The magazine’s questionable insider continues, “George erupted in a nonstop hiccup attack.” Once the hiccups stopped, Clooney “admitted to the guys that his ‘sympathy pregnancy problems’ sometimes get so bad he can literally feel the kids kicking in his own belly,” concludes the seemingly fabricated tipster.

Despite the absurdity of this story, filled with virtually no details and a number of ridiculous-sounding quotes, Gossip Cop checked in with a source close to the situation, who assures us the entire report is completely “false.” Clooney is not experiencing so-called “sympathy pregnancy problems,” and any claims made otherwise are entirely untrue. It’s simply fake news.

Unfortunately, we’re not surprised by the Enquirer’s fabricated article. Only days ago, Gossip Cop called out the tabloid for falsely alleging Clooney was under an FBI investigation for money laundering. And shortly before that tall tale, we corrected the publication for wrongly claiming Clooney and Amal were divorcing over Faith Hill. Much like those inaccurate reports, this latest one is equally bogus.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 27 Mar 2017, 01:19

This would be a super cute story if it were true.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 27 Mar 2017, 02:25

That is the stupidest article I have ever read.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 27 Mar 2017, 02:34

annemarie wrote:That is the stupidest article I have ever read.
Don't you think it would be fun if your husband could feel your contractions?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 27 Mar 2017, 04:18

ladybugcngc wrote:This would be a super cute story if it were true.

Sounds like a really bad 80's romcom to me.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 27 Mar 2017, 04:20

ladybugcngc wrote:

No, because then there would be another baby to deal with.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 27 Mar 2017, 04:42

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:

No, because then there would be another baby to deal with.
Razz
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 27 Mar 2017, 17:12

Adult babies are no fun lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 27 Mar 2017, 17:46

My best friend's husband went through a sympathetic pregnancy with her - including having morning sickness (more often than she did Smile )! We tease her that that's why they only have one child. lol!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 27 Mar 2017, 18:06

annemarie wrote:Adult babies are no fun lol.

Yes indeed. We have one in the White House ... but that aside.

That's so funny Lizzy. Your friend's husband probably would not have made it through a second one. I've always thought men could never do what we do. They just don't have the stamina to go through the morning sickness and nine months of pregnancy. And labor ... forget about it!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 27 Mar 2017, 20:49

Donnamarie - I totally agree. I honestly feel that if men had to give birth the human race would have gone extinct. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 27 Mar 2017, 23:48

My brother admits if he had to have children it wouldn't happen.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Thu 30 Mar 2017, 21:05

benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Thu 30 Mar 2017, 21:41

benex wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Super cute Cindy!!!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 30 Mar 2017, 21:49

They are cute.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 31 Mar 2017, 09:50

The Access Hollywood reporter says this is his last public appearance before the babies are born. Sad.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 31 Mar 2017, 16:47

Finally caught up on this thread. Musings:

1) Does anybody besides me doubt that these two people, at their ages and with their careers and life, really left their family planning to chance?

2) Does Amal practice not walking like a woman pregnant with twins, or is that part of the blessed-with-everything mystique?

3) Given the mostly accepted timeline of their relationship, when in December 2013 (I think) George did a Reddit AskMeAnything (I'm pretty sure) online session and answered a question about the love of his life with "I haven't met her yet," was he being dishonest, disrespectful, or discreet?

Just musings. Rhetorical... or not.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Fri 31 Mar 2017, 17:21

Here's the AMA link back in Jan 28, 2014 and there was no questions about the love of his life.
I believe the quote was from an ESQUIRE interview which was probably done a couple months after he met her.

Last edited by Sevens on Fri 31 Mar 2017, 17:41; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Mar 2017, 17:25

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Finally caught up on this thread. Musings:

1) Does anybody besides me doubt that these two people, at their ages and with their careers and life, really left their family planning to chance?

2) Does Amal practice not walking like a woman pregnant with twins, or is that part of the blessed-with-everything mystique?

3) Given the mostly accepted timeline of their relationship, when in December 2013 (I think) George did a Reddit AskMeAnything (I'm pretty sure) online session and answered a question about the love of his life with "I haven't met her yet," was he being dishonest, disrespectful, or discreet?

Just musings. Rhetorical... or not.
 Hi! Where ya been hiding? Glad you're back.
     1) Considering her father was talking babies at the wedding, I think they at least had to try. They really couldn't wait much longer since neither of them is a spring chicken.
      2) We don't exactly see her walk more than a few feet. Maybe she goes home, kicks off her shoes and cries.
      3) Maybe he just hadn't decided yet.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 31 Mar 2017, 21:04

The way he handled the relationship from the beginning  says to me he was being discreet.

I think towards the eight month her walk will change and she may give up the heels.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Mar 2017, 21:50

There's no law that says she has to wear heels if they hurt. She's smart. I'm sure she knows that shoes don't all have 6 inch heels.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 31 Mar 2017, 22:27

No she is not carrying own baby's not even one.insult to my brain.Why Amal to do this stupid publicity stut.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 31 Mar 2017, 22:28

Hey, there Lizzy.

I've been fortunate enough to get more than the usual assignment work, and I took every one of them. Had to strike while the iron was hot, because next month may be dry as a desert. But I have a few days' breather, so of course I have to check in on the state of Clooneyworld.

Anyhoo, my points about leaving the family planning to chance were that (1) I don't get the "We were surprised" narrative. If a man and a woman, each with functioning reproductive systems, have sex at the physiologically opportune times, a pregnancy will result. Unless they do something to actively prevent it, a pregnancy is expected. The only surprise is if you try to prevent it and it happens anyway. Is that what he was saying? And (2) These two particular people don't seem like the "if it happens, it happens" types, if only because of their ages.

If they have to hunker in two months before the babies come, we might not see him for a year after. Me sad.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Mar 2017, 23:41

Way 2 Old - I'm sure this was as planned as you can make it. Maybe the surprise was that it happened when it did - maybe sooner than expected. OR...(if I want to start trouble...) maybe they thought they couldn't, so they didn't take precautions and WHOOPS! SURPRISE!

He usually holes up in Como for the summer and we don't see him that much anyway, so this probably won't be too different. He'll have to show up when "Suburbicon" opens, won't he?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by benex Fri 31 Mar 2017, 23:45

maybe he will present suburbicon at venice or Toronto....
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 01 Apr 2017, 00:53

Wondering when and if they're bringing the babies to Como.
I'm sure they'll stay in Como for at least July and August, and it's more than likely he would attend the Venice Film Festival at the end of August with Amal on the carpet. First public appearance after the twins and he LOVES Venice. Professionally and personally. A return to Venice since the wedding, also with buddy Matt Damon hanging around this time.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 01 Apr 2017, 01:00

Mm, I think he may do Venice. A car ride from Como and the babies.

I do think they were 'if it happens, it happens and if it doesn't, it doesn't and we'll have another dog'  just because of their ages.

The heels. Public or formal appearances only I'm thinking.

The Reddit talk/Esquire report. I always got the impression that the long lead time of Esquire meant the actual interview was about three months before publishing. He seems to have had the pix done when in Como

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Apr 2017, 04:35

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Anyhoo, my points about leaving the family planning to chance were that (1) I don't get the "We were surprised" narrative. If a man and a woman, each with functioning reproductive systems, have sex at the physiologically opportune times, a pregnancy will result. Unless they do something to actively prevent it, a pregnancy is expected. The only surprise is if you try to prevent it and it happens anyway. Is that what he was saying? And (2) These two particular people don't seem like the "if it happens, it happens" types, if only because of their ages.
Yes, and yes. I don't think it was a surprise to him, apart from maybe the fact that it happened to soon. Given their ages, pregnancy isn't a given.

I don't discount the sightings of Amal near a fertility clinic, so I don't think they weren't trying. JMO though.

George has been quoted as saying that he would only marry to have children, so when he married, I felt that the rules had changed.

As to whether he was already in a relationship when he said he wasn't, that doesn't bother me. He knows that the minute he announces he's in a relationship all hell would break loose, so he'll lie until he's ready to introduce his girlfriend to the public. To me that's perfectly understandable.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 09:32

I also think that when and if they were trying is their personal business, they don't have to tell the world their
private matters like they needed help.

It is possible they got pregnant sooner than they thought they would , i can
see the if it happens theory  working if they were trying for a while it would be a surprise that it happened.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 01 Apr 2017, 12:56

I just remember the one Italian article Benex had posted on page 9 of this thread where it was said that the kids weren't planned. This story wasn't covered by any other news or gossip magazine anywhere in the world. So why do we see this as a fact but discuss other things that were revealed? This might as well have been a mistranslation...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 01 Apr 2017, 13:47

He just said in the E! news Cinema Con carpet interview that the kids weren't planned.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 14:42

From what George has said it seems that the pregnancy was a surprise.  I take him at his word. Beyond what he has said we don't get to know. That's their very personal business.

There are so many quotes of George's opinions of getting married and having children before 2013.  I do think all his 'rules'  changed after he met Amal.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 15:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 01 Apr 2017, 15:33

Sevens wrote:He just said in the E! news Cinema Con carpet interview that the kids weren't planned.

In another interview at Cinema Con he said that children seemed like "a natural step", implying that they were "planned".

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 01 Apr 2017, 16:01

Waiting with great expectation... Doug Ross, what do you think about having 10 children?
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 01 Apr 2017, 17:55

Doug Ross wrote:
Sevens wrote:He just said in the E! news Cinema Con carpet interview that the kids weren't planned.

In another interview at Cinema Con he said that children seemed like "a natural step", implying that they were "planned".
Which was also my suggestion, and after rewatching the videos, I didn't find an interview with George from CinemaCon where he said that. Unless you're talking about the interview where the reporter said that he talked to Matt, Rande and Cindy who all thought that George would never have kids, until they met Amal. And George replied eben asked if he knew it there as well, that at that point he was just happy that they married, and this... just seemed like a natural progression.
But this, if you're talking about this statement, doesn't mean that this pregnancy happened accidently  but that they didn't plan to have children when they got married.
Or did I miss an interview, Sevens?

It's their business anyway, and I'm sure that Amal wouldn't be pregnant (anymore) if they hadn't devided for the kids.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 01 Apr 2017, 18:17

Ladybug, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Carol, I was talking exactly about that statements. Anyway, either the pregnancy was planned or not, I'm just thrilled for them.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 01 Apr 2017, 19:27

I wonder....could it be a sperm donation, George will love the babies just the same.....it makes not a sniff of difference, but may explain the weird feel to it all.....

In fact it would be wonderful for sperm donors everywhere....it's the poor relation of the doner family.....but just as needed and longed for as any donation from one human to another......Donation is an act of love if it's one kidney to a sibling, or bone marrow to a stranger.....Sperm is not seen in the same light....but it could be if a hi-profile A-lister were to say his longed for much loved family came via an act of kindness from a stranger.....

Cool don't you think?.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 01 Apr 2017, 20:09

WWHS - Not disagreeing with your premise, but I don't think George would go there - unless HE was the donor (in case he was fixed and it couldn't be reversed). I can't see him waiting until this point in his life to become a father to someone else's children. IMO, either they're his or this wouldn't be happening.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:00

Doug Ross wrote:Ladybug, I'm not sure what you're asking.

Carol, I was talking exactly about that statements. Anyway, either the pregnancy was planned or not, I'm just thrilled for them.
George Clooney and the love of his life having 10 children.  Doug what do you (and others)  think about that?

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:18; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:04

I don't see George having kids unless they are his. There is no reason they can't be his men older than
him are having children. 

I also think they could have adopted if they couldn't have any of their own. That would be a wonderful thing to do for children who need homes.

There has never been any proof he was fixed, I think the women he was with knew he wasn't going to marry them. And birth control does work 

when you use it properly.

Last edited by annemarie on Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:09; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:06

I don't see them having 10 I think at their ages 2 will be quite enough . Especially when they are going through the terrible two's.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:19

ladybugcngc wrote:

George Clooney and the love of his life having 10 children.  Doug what do you (and others)  think about that?

If that's what they want..

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 01 Apr 2017, 21:27

Doug Ross wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:

If that's what they want..
I like the way you think.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next