Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 21:23

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Don't think we knew about the numbers involved.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 22:12

party animal - not! wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Don't think we knew about the numbers involved.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Is that true, George Clooney and his wife Amal Clooney will open a 10 school for 250k refugees?
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 22:29

That is what she said a couple of hours ago, yes.

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 22:33

party animal - not! wrote:That is what she said a couple of hours ago, yes.
She who?  A couple of hours ago, Amal Clooney said she and her husband George Clooney are going to open 10 schools for 250k refugees?
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by LizzyNY on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 23:31

Ladybug - I think what was meant is that there are 250 thousand young refugees in Lebanon and George and Amal are going to open 10 schools there. Obviously 10 schools will not be able to handle all 250 thousand students, but they will help.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Tue 15 Nov 2016, 23:43

You got it Lizzy. Their long term plan means that they will have been able to put that number of refugee children through school over a number of years.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 00:28

party animal - not! wrote:You got it Lizzy. Their long term plan means that they will have been able to put that number of refugee children through school over a number of years.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I saw those articles, I did not know they were referring to George Clooney.  Just to make it clear the George mentioned in this USA article is George Clooney?
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by melbert on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 01:13

No, it's George of the Jungle.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19294
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : George's House

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 01:18

melbert wrote:No, it's George of the Jungle.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks, I did not think it was George Clooney.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by LizzyNY on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 03:24

melbert wrote:No, it's George of the Jungle.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Very Happy Mel - Play nice! Some people might take you literally. Very Happy (He does look  little like our George, though. )
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 03:30

LizzyNY wrote:
melbert wrote:No, it's George of the Jungle.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Very Happy Mel - Play nice! Some people might take you literally. Very Happy (He does look  little like our George, though. )

You think he looks like George Clooney or the George mentioned in the USA article?
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by carolhathaway on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 06:39

I just read an article in our local newspaper where heads of grammar / primary schools mention that some of the refugee kids they teach have never seen a classroom before, have to learn to be quiet for 45 minutes (besides the need to learn Germann) etc.

I've said it before. Some years ago we had a celebration in our village, and I talked to an elderly man who told me that he'd come here with his mother because Germany had to give territories to Poland, Czechoslowakia and Russia after WW II. He was eight years old, had never been to school,  had to learn to be quiet, everybody spoke with a different accent, not everybody wanted to have refugees here, he was even poorer than the kids here and had been on the run for more than one year, had seen unbelievable things, had seen people dying (including one sibling and his grandma), you could say he was traumatized.
Nothing has really changed...
avatar
carolhathaway
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2408
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by carolhathaway on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 06:51

An article about Amal's speech in Texas:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
carolhathaway
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2408
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by annemarie on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 10:04

Article from page Six

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

annemarie
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Posts : 6015
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 12:05

and this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Donnamarie on Wed 16 Nov 2016, 21:30

After this horrendous election where our woman presidential candidate and women in general were assaulted in so many ways it is good to hear these words from Amal.  This was a tough election for many women and I think many feel emboldened in some ways as pushback on the negative rhetoric we heard from the mouth of Trump.  

I have read that there is going to a Women's March on Washington the day after the inauguration.  YES!
avatar
Donnamarie
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4968
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 17:25

Brilliant, Donnamarie! Hope you can join them

The Hollywood Reporter today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


She is addressing the UN Security Council on December 16th

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 18:17

party animal - not! wrote:Brilliant, Donnamarie! Hope you can join them

The Hollywood Reporter today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


She is addressing the UN Security Council on December 16th
I have yet to hear Amal Cloony define the “ideology” of ISIS as criminal or the “murderous actions” of ISIS as a violation of Human Rights before any Court Counsel.  Now she wants address the UN Security Council (before the Electoral College meets) regarding proposals made by the President Elect during his campaign run.  Exactly what criminal action did Amal Clooney pursue when 14 people sitting at a yearly staff meeting were murdered (and others injured) by a co-worker and his spouse, members of the IS?
 
 
Amal Clooney was a co-host for a Hillary Clinton fundraiser where ticket prices range from 33,000 to 353,000 and 15 million was reported to be the total amount raised.  It is also my understanding Hillary Clinton has pledge to bring 55,00 Syrian refugees to the United States; clearly Amal Clooney has a vested interest in the outcome of this Presidential election.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Fingersandtoes on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 18:29

I don't think Amal made it a secret she would've much preferred Clinton to have been elected. I don't see any problem with it. She's also been open about wanting to help refugees.

I loved reading all the reports about Amal's speech. She's a very engaging speaker, the little I've heard.


Last edited by Fingersandtoes on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:15; edited 1 time in total

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:03

Er, correction. Amal doesn't just want to address the United Nations Security Council about the Yazidis' plight.

She has been invited to. And she will.

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:06

Ladybug - You need to read more carefully. The THR article was reporting on her speech and comments she made in Texas. Nowhere does it say that she will address the UN Security Council regarding Trump or the election or anything related to it. She will most likely be discussing the Yazidi problem and what can be done to ease the refugee crisis.

Did George (and therefore Amal) support Hillary? Yes. He has been a staunch Democrat and Hilary supporter for a long time. Why shouldn't he do whatever he can to support a candidate he believes in? If people didn't want to pay what was asked, they wouldn't have gone to the dinner.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:11

And to be clear, Amal is not the lawyer for the San Bernadino victims. Stephen Larson is, and if you remember, was embroiled with the State Prosecutor and Apple to try and open the perpetrators' Iphone

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:19

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - You need to read more carefully. The THR article was reporting on her speech and comments she made in Texas. Nowhere does it say that she will address the UN Security Council regarding Trump or the election or anything related to it. She will most likely be discussing the Yazidi problem and what can be done to ease the refugee crisis.

Did George (and therefore Amal) support Hillary? Yes. He has been a staunch Democrat and Hilary supporter for a long time. Why shouldn't he do whatever he can to support a candidate he believes in? If people didn't want to pay what was asked, they wouldn't have gone to the dinner.

the link that was posted:http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/amal-clooney-trump-proposals-are-violations-international-human-rights-law-948196?utm_source=twitter

The statement posted:   She is addressing the UN Security Council on December 16th


I linked the two together.


I thought the fundraiser was over the top and addressed comments to George Clooney as well.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 19:45

party animal - not! wrote:And to be clear, Amal is not the lawyer for the San Bernadino victims. Stephen Larson is, and if you remember, was embroiled with the State Prosecutor and Apple to try and open the perpetrators' Iphone
Amal is not a citizen of the United States and seems to find no problems expressing her opinions of the recent Presidential election.  

It not the victims of San Bernardino, it's the wicked-twisted criminal actions of the IS murderers  of San Bernadino where Amal seems to not extend her opinions.    


In truth the fact Apple would not voluntarily open the Iphones of two mass murderers is UNTHINKABLE.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Fingersandtoes on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 20:04

ladybugcngc wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:And to be clear, Amal is not the lawyer for the San Bernadino victims. Stephen Larson is, and if you remember, was embroiled with the State Prosecutor and Apple to try and open the perpetrators' Iphone
Amal is not a citizen of the United States and seems to find no problems expressing her opinions of the recent Presidential election.  

It not the victims of San Bernardino, it's the wicked-twisted criminal actions of the IS murderers  of San Bernadino where Amal seems to not extend her opinions.    


In truth the fact Apple would not voluntarily open the Iphones of two mass murderers is UNTHINKABLE.

I'm missing the point completely. Because Amal expressed her opinion on US election, she should express her opinion on everything else too? Am I missing a connection here?

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by annemarie on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 20:37

She is married to an American so I see no reason she shouldn't voice her opinion she lives here as well.

annemarie
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Posts : 6015
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 20:58

annemarie wrote:She is married to an American so I see no reason she shouldn't voice her opinion she lives here as well.
Exactly, so she should have no problem expressing her opinion about the San Bernardino murderers.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 21:06

Fingersandtoes wrote:
I'm missing the point completely. Because Amal expressed her opinion on US election, she should express her opinion on everything else too? Am I missing a connection here?
Just making an observation, not everyone will be able to "connect the dots".
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 21:14

Fingersandtoes - I don't think you missed the point at all. Ladybug seems to be saying that Amal should be speaking out about every case that could possibly be ISIS-related.

In case anyone forgot, she's only a junior barrister who came to international prominence because of her marriage. I'm not saying she isn't a competent lawyer, but she isn't Supergirl either. No matter how much she "stuns" in the media, she's still a modern woman trying to make a difference in the man's world of the Middle East where she is respected a good deal less than she is in the Western press.

As far as expressing her opinion even though she isn't a citizen? The whole wold is talking about our election. The person in the White House has the power to affect the whole world and the whole world has a right to be concerned.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 21:33

LizzyNY wrote:Fingersandtoes - I don't think you missed the point at all. Ladybug seems to be saying that Amal should be speaking out about every case that could possibly be ISIS-related.

In case anyone forgot, she's only a junior barrister who came to international prominence because of her marriage. I'm not saying she isn't a competent lawyer, but she isn't Supergirl either. No matter how much she "stuns" in the media, she's still a modern woman trying to make a difference in the man's world of the Middle East where she is respected a good deal less than she is in the Western press.

As far as expressing her opinion even though she isn't a citizen? The whole wold is talking about our election. The person in the White House has the power to affect the whole world and the whole world has a right to be concerned.
Interesting...
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by carolhathaway on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 21:36

I'm sorry that I dare to have an opinion on your presidential election and discuss it here since I'm German
sarcasm
If you read German newspapers and news websites, there are still a lot of reports abpot the election and Trump, and I think it's the same in the rest of the world. 
And IMO it's Amal's decision what she talks about. Compared to ISIS most other violations don't seem to matter, but they should. If the upcoming POTUS speaks respectless about women, others think they can di it as well. If he calls al, Mexicans criminals, others will follow him. The president of a country is always a role model.
avatar
carolhathaway
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2408
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Donnamarie on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 21:54

Amal was very measured in her comments about our election.  There is no reason for her not to have an opinion.  Especially with the the sexist comments Trump made during the campaign and the venue Amal was speaking at.  It made perfect sense.

George definitely had a vested interest in the election.  He is a staunch Democrat as Lizzy said and he supports the relocation of many more Syrian refugees into our country.  I would think Amal feels the same.

Amal has no obligation to speak about the San Bernadino murders unless she is asked.  Not sure why she would be asked.
avatar
Donnamarie
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4968
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 22:08

carolhathaway wrote:I'm sorry that I dare to have an opinion on your presidential election and discuss it here since I'm German
sarcasm
If you read German newspapers and news websites, there are still a lot of reports abpot the election and Trump, and I think it's the same in the rest of the world. 
And IMO it's Amal's decision what she talks about. Compared to ISIS most other violations don't seem to matter, but they should. If the upcoming POTUS speaks respectless about women, others think they can di it as well. If he calls al, Mexicans criminals, others will follow him. The president of a country is always a role model.

99.9% of American's know the over-the-top comments made by Trump are not true, not feasible, and/or not constitutional.  Those who want to use President elect Trump as a role model should reference his acceptance speech.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Donnamarie on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 22:18

Trumps words spoken before and during the campaign matter.  His acceptance speech means nothing.  He will have to do much, much more than speak a few canned words to earn the respect of many people ... here in the U.S. and abroad!
avatar
Donnamarie
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4968
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by LizzyNY on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 22:30

Ladybug -Though most of Trump's comments may not be true or feasible or constitutional (and they aren't - he's a pathological liar!) there are enough people in this country who believe them enough that the rate of hate crimes has risen substantially since his election. I'm waiting for him to publicly and loudly disavow this behavior and those people - but I won't hold my breath.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by annemarie on Thu 17 Nov 2016, 23:53

He knew he had to change his tune and try to sound like a president. Leopards don't change their spots he said himself he doesn't regret anything .
I believe he is exactly what he portrayed himself to be , not too smart, a racist and a bully.

annemarie
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Posts : 6015
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 01:49

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 02:30

annemarie wrote:He knew he had to change his tune and try to sound like a president. Leopards don't change their spots he said himself he doesn't regret anything .
I believe he is exactly what he portrayed himself to be , not too smart, a racist and a bully.
Interesting...
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 05:24

Donnamarie wrote:Amal was very measured in her comments about our election.  There is no reason for her not to have an opinion.  Especially with the the sexist comments Trump made during the campaign and the venue Amal was speaking at.  It made perfect sense.

George definitely had a vested interest in the election.  He is a staunch Democrat as Lizzy said and he supports the relocation of many more Syrian refugees into our country.  I would think Amal feels the same.

Amal has no obligation to speak about the San Bernadino murders unless she is asked.  Not sure why she would be asked.
My comments were based on the link that was posted and the statement connected to that link.  No one including I stated Amal should not voice her opinion.  Amal has a right to voice her opinion and I have a right to voice my opinion.  I always find Amal’s comments measured, maybe as an attorney she chooses to use her words cautiously.
 
Understanding George Clooney hosted a 15 million dollar fundraiser for Hillary and may support the relocation of Syrian refugees to the United States, if he chose to speak before the UN Security Council about President Elect Trump “proposals,” days before the Electorate College vote. I would find that EXTREMELY concerning.
 
As I’ve stated on many occasions, to bring refugees from Syria or any war torn country (region) that has proven to be hostile, to the citizens of our country is UNTHINKABLE.  Because the IS/ISIS is a Syrian affiliated murderous group that hides in plain sight and has committed mass murder in the United States is a good reason to ask Amal her opinion on the San Bernardino mass murders.

While Amal Clooney is talking about Trump’s religious proposals maybe she could talk about the twisted-wicked criminal religious ideology of ISIS and the criminal acts they propose globally.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 06:38

A transcription of Amal's speech:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks to Amal's style website which posted the link.


Last edited by carolhathaway on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 06:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text)
avatar
carolhathaway
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2408
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Fingersandtoes on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 06:59

Amal HAS spoken about how wrong and terrible the crimes committed by isis are. But she can speak also how wrong trumps hate speech is, and doesnt have to talk about isis at the same time.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by annemarie on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 12:11

There are many people who can speak about Issis Amal doesn't have to be the only one.

annemarie
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Posts : 6015
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Fingersandtoes on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 13:30

LizzyNY wrote:Fingersandtoes - I don't think you missed the point at all. Ladybug seems to be saying that Amal should be speaking out about every case that could possibly be ISIS-related.

In case anyone forgot, she's only a junior barrister who came to international prominence because of her marriage. I'm not saying she isn't a competent lawyer, but she isn't Supergirl either. No matter how much she "stuns" in the media, she's still a modern woman trying to make a difference in the man's world of the Middle East where she is respected a good deal less than she is in the Western press.

As far as expressing her opinion even though she isn't a citizen? The whole wold is talking about our election. The person in the White House has the power to affect the whole world and the whole world has a right to be concerned.

Well said, LizzyNY!

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 14:31

Yep.

And when I last looked countries like the USA and the UK absolutely believed in free speech. Long may it continue.

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by LizzyNY on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 14:34

Ladybug - It doesn't matter what Amal says to the UN Security Council regarding our elections. First, she'll be there to speak about genocide and the Yazidis and it's unlikely her speech will get much press. The UN has nothing to do with our elections, so I don't see why the issue would come up - except, perhaps, in private conversation.

Second, members of the Electoral College vote as they are directed based on the election results in their state. They are not supposed to vote their own preference.
avatar
LizzyNY
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 15:43

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - It doesn't matter what Amal says to the UN Security Council regarding our elections. First, she'll be there to speak about genocide and the Yazidis and it's unlikely her speech will get much press. The UN has nothing to do with our elections, so I don't see why the issue would come up - except, perhaps, in private conversation.

Second, members of the Electoral College vote as they are directed based on the election results in their state. They are not supposed to vote their own preference.
Lizzy, you obviously don't know U.S. Oil/Corporate business like I know them; they run the news media TV, Internet, and print,  They did not want Donald Trump to win this election.  Because they CLEARLY have ran our government for the last 16 years they will do any and everything to get Trump removed including manipulating the Electorate. 

Amal, Hillary, and U.S. Oil all have a vested interest in Syria and/or relocating Syrian refugees.  To stand before UN Security Counsel and site violations regarding Donald Trumps campaign proposals is EXTREMELY inciting.   I would not put it pass U. S. Oil/Corporate Business to use violations brought before the U.N. Security Council to put pressure on Electoral College to not vote Trump in. 

I can only hope the Electoral College follow the rule of law established over the last 200 years.

By the way PAN posted:  Er, correction. Amal doesn't just want to address the United Nations Security Council about the Yazidis' plight.   She has been invited to. And she will.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by party animal - not! on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 16:03

As somebody who used to work with the media I can tell you that one of the most powerful people on the planet in this area is Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox, Sky, The Times, The Sun, Fox/Paramount.....I could go on.

I understand that most of his shareholders are Republican and many of them were more interested in their own wealth than anything else i e they did not want to vote anyone in who would raise their undoubtedly low taxes and hit their already well-stuffed pockets...........never mind a reluctance to vote in a woman!

I cannot wait to see how George does with Hack Attack which lifts the lid on what Murdoch and his companies have done over the years......

party animal - not!
Clooney superfan

Posts : 9245
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by annemarie on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 16:21

Amal is speaking about her case and that is all. She has no reason to bring up the election as Lizzy has said.

Amal has noting to do with U.S oil company's she is the attorney for the Yazidis.

annemarie
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Posts : 6015
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 16:32

annemarie wrote:Amal is speaking about her case and that is all. She has no reason to bring up the election as Lizzy has said.

PAN posted:  Er, correction. Amal doesn't just want to address the United Nations Security Council about the Yazidis' plight.   She has been invited to. And she will.
avatar
ladybugcngc
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1239
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by annemarie on Fri 18 Nov 2016, 17:47

Yes she will she will be doing her job, which has nothing to do with Trump.

I would think the U.N Security counsel is very aware of Trumps violations.

annemarie
Clooney: over, above and beyond

Posts : 6015
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal in Texas this afternoon 15.11.16

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum