George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A.

+12
Fingersandtoes
it's me
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
amaretti
ladybugcngc
Donnamarie
isogotit
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
annemarie
carolhathaway
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A.

Post by annemarie Tue 23 Aug 2016, 20:03

I think that each relationship is different, and so is each love basically. George said in the Charlie rose interview that they loved each other and really get along and for him that was really exceptional. Which is why I think he married Amal he knew she was the right person for him. He calls her the love of his life so I think this is that special love for him. Just my thoughts.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 Empty ladybugcngc

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 23 Aug 2016, 20:31

annemarie wrote:I think that each relationship is different, and so is each love basically. George said in the Charlie rose interview that they loved each other and really get along and for him that was really exceptional. Which is why I think he married Amal he knew she was the right person for him. He calls her the love of his life so I think this is that special love for him. Just my thoughts.

I think your thoughts are wonderful.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A.

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 23 Aug 2016, 20:33

Yeah, okay, I'm out of this particular conversation. It's become a rehashing of George-centric platitudes.

They're on his motorcycle and she looks bored and inappropriately dressed.

"Hey, love of my life. I'd like to take the Harley out for a spin, conveniently but coincidentally accompanied by a photographer with a remarkably steady camera."

"But, my husband George Clooney, I have so much humanitarian work to do from this, one of our many homes."

"It won't take long, I promise."

"Good, because I'm not changing out of my stylishly ripped jeans. Wait while I put on the most inappropriate pair of shoes I can find."

"Anything for you, soul mate. Have I told you today that I love you?"

"No, but you told another interviewer, and that's good enough for me."

"Great. Let's go. Don't forget to not smile."

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 23 Aug 2016, 21:12

I think they might have intercommunicating doodahs you know, and they've having a chat

And if anyone thought that she was pregnant they've sealed it with wine drinking on Como, a spin on the motor bike, and a visit to Nobu. Job done. For now

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 23 Aug 2016, 21:20

You can tell from the photos he is talking and in the pictures they are smiling.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 23 Aug 2016, 21:44

I think George is the real deal.  He's a smart, genuine and caring man.  And he's damn good looking.  I think he lives his life in an honest way ... my opinion. As a married woman he's the one other guy that I have a soft spot in my heart for.  After all of these years he still comes across as the same person.  Nothing phony about George.  

So I'm quite happy that George and Amal found each other.  

It's nice that Amal is willing to ride with George.  Maybe she's game or just indulges him ... because it makes him happy.   But it looks like an ordinary bike ride to me ... chatting and enjoying being together.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 23 Aug 2016, 21:49

Way2Old4Dis  Laughing
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Tue 23 Aug 2016, 22:06

Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by SideEyeSally Wed 24 Aug 2016, 12:37

Way2Old4Dis, I love the imagined conversation! This would explain a lot.

party animal - not!, I believe the intercommunicating doodahs are built into the more substantial helmets they wore a couple of years back. There were cables attached to her"booster seat" and visible microphones.

SideEyeSally
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 25 Aug 2016, 02:27

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Exact Moment Amal Clooney Realized She Settled
By  [url=http://nymag.com/author/Anna Silman/]Anna Silman  [/url]  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George and Amal Clooney.  Photo: Rocstar/Dmac/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES
Last Friday, international lawyer Amal Clooney was forced to take some time away from representing Yazidi genocide victims to go for a ride on her husband’s Harley Davidson motorcycle. George Clooney, former TV doctor and current trophy husband, wore dad jeans, three-day stubble, and the devil-may-care look of a man who has plenty of time to pursue new hobbies. Amal wore Stella McCartney wedges and a look of abject despair. They both wore helmets, because safety comes first.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 25 Aug 2016, 03:13

melbert, if I didn't know better I'd swear you wrote this piece ... Suspect
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 25 Aug 2016, 11:50

Well, I certainly would not have described George that way!  Humph!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Aug 2016, 12:23

Mel- Neither would I, but apparently the author isn't a huge fan of either of them. It struck me, reading this, that now I know why George is so happy . It isn't because he married Amal, it's because he's married - period - and doesn't have to play the part of sophisticated sex symbol anymore.

He can relax and be the typical middle-aged American married guy who doesn't give a crap about what he wears or what he eats. He's made his money, he's got his reputation, and now he's got the wife so he doesn't have to worry about constantly finding arm candy for events. He's pretty much at a point where he can do hatever he wants - whether in front of the camera, behind the camera or outside the industry altogether. What's not to be happy about?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 25 Aug 2016, 12:29

Still a mystery
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Aug 2016, 13:37

I do believe he is happy because he married Amal he has said so himself never been happier than with her. If he just wanted a wife he could have married any of the others. I  also don't think he has ever given a damn about clothes he has always dressed casual nothing new there.  I don't think he misses the single life at all, and is very happy and content in his life. 

The writer on the other hand must be very miserable in his or her life .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Aug 2016, 14:34

Heaven forbid anyone should tarnish the halo! Not thinking George is absolute perfection doesn't mean the writer is miserable. It just means she sees them more objectively than his most devoted fans do. No rose-colored glasses. Nothing wrong with that, and no need to get nasty.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingersandtoes Thu 25 Aug 2016, 14:38

I think it's selling George short suggesting he is happy just because he has a wife, any wife would do. I also find it curious that him actually adoring and being in love with Amal is such a strange thought. She seems like an intelligent, kind and interesting woman, why wouldn't he love her?

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Aug 2016, 14:39

No reason for the writer to get nasty she doesn't know him anymore than we do. They were simply on a bike ride . I don't have rose colored glasses when it comes to George I see him just as he represents himself just a man living his life. Just as we all do the only difference is he is famous and the nastiness comes with the territory of fame.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 25 Aug 2016, 15:22

Snark as a form of humor is not appreciated by some readers...

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 25 Aug 2016, 18:30

The comments in this non story were intended to be snarky. Most of the author's comments are opinionated with no facts to back them up. Yes, George has facial hair, he's riding a Harley, Amal is wearing Stella wedgies and they both are wearing helmets. The comments are DailyFail-worthy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 25 Aug 2016, 19:43

Oh, come on.

Do Tina Fey and Amy Poehler lead miserable lives? They made fun of George at an internationally televised entertainment event -- two years in a row, I might add.

Are Brad Pitt and Matt Damon miserable, as well? They sent a gay man to a Clooney press conference to flirt with him.

While I'm not comparing myself to any of these people, I make fun of George when a comedic opportunity presents itself, and I can assure you that I most certainly do not lead a miserable life.

I am a fan of George Clooney. I admire him. I lust after him. I do not, however, worship him or any ground he walks on or any person he deems worthy of himself.

Another thing. A true fan of George Clooney knows that he can take a freaking joke. He does not need defending. He would be a pretty pathetic man to be an avowed and unapologetic prankster, yet unable to laugh at himself.

Give us a break with this stuff.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Aug 2016, 19:59

I simply did not see the humor in this . We all find different things funny if others found it funny good for them , I personally didn't. 
Comedians get paid to say things that is their job if this writer is a comedian then good for them someone got the humor. .
I am very aware that George has a great sense of humor. That is one of the reasons I am a fan he doesn't take things too seriously.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:10

It was a humor piece, not a fact-driven news story.  If you don't get the joke or appreciate the humor, fine.  But please acknowledge it for what is was and don't treat it like a malicious attack on George.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:14

Apparently "snark" is in the eye of the beholder. I didn't find this piece "nasty" - just not particularly flattering to G&A. Whether you appreciate snark or not, saying someone has a miserable life because they write an unflattering piece on someone is mean.

Fingersandtoes - I didn't say George doesn't love Amal. He says he does. I just said that he's like a lot of other middle-aged men who feel like once they've got all their ducks in a row they can stop trying so hard and relax.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:25

I don't appreciate the humor and didn't find the joke funny to each their own if others did good for them. I happened to find the article mean.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:37

Then, you know what? Next time you read something that is obviously meant in humor, snarky or not, and you don't find it funny, exercise the option of not saying anything. Just resist the urge to defend George as if he's your Lord and savior.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:49

(Double post, for some weird reason.)

Last edited by Way2Old4Dis on Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:51; edited 1 time in total

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 25 Aug 2016, 20:50

It may have been obvious to you because you like that kind of humor it was not obvious to  me. Last time I checked this was an open forum and I am free to say what I feel . I will continue to exercise my option to say what I think .
I have an idea, how about the next time you decide to tell someone what they should do you exercise the option to remain silent.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 25 Aug 2016, 21:08

You got it, contradiction regarding free expression notwithstanding.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 25 Aug 2016, 22:51

annemarie - Even if the article wasn't meant to be funny , it's nothing to get upset or angry over. So, it wasn't the most flattering article. So what? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of articles about him that are practically love letters. If you didn't like this one, read one of them instead. You're probably a lot more upset about this article than George would ever be.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 26 Aug 2016, 00:36

I hope for George's sake that Amal is the kind of gal who can laugh at this caption and say "Wow, I do look bored in that photo and what did I tell you about those jeans..."  He has said she has a great sense of humor, and I would think that like George, she has the ability to laugh at herself or she would be a dead bore.  After all, he has extolled the virtues of fart jokes (which I myself don't find that funny, but I can accept that taste in humor is personal and I can't fault anyone in this world for finding laughter in most situations).

Last edited by fava on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 00:38; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : funny thing happened with text size)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 26 Aug 2016, 00:41

LizzyNY wrote:annemarie - Even if the article wasn't meant to be funny , it's nothing to get upset or angry over. So, it wasn't the most flattering article. So what? There are hundreds, if not thousands, of articles about him that are practically love letters. If you didn't like this one, read one of them instead. You're probably a lot more upset about this article than George would ever be.

Yes most article are not good this day.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 26 Aug 2016, 03:34

Some people don't appreciate or like snarky humor.  Fava mentioned this in an earlier post.  I don't see anything wrong with Annemarie calling out this author's comments.  She doesn't seem angry to me ..... she's defending her opinion and standing her ground.  

I'm sure George could care less about what this person wrote.  He has a great sense of humor and he can take it.  Who knows how much either he or Amal are even aware of all the s**t that's out there about them.  Honestly there is so much snark and cynicism on the Internet, and especially on social media, that I think it's overkill and is a poor substitute for more clever and intelligent thought.  But that is just how I see it.

BTW I'm pretty damn sure none of the women here think George is some sort of deity ... that he can do no wrong.  He's a man ... of course he's imperfect.  Amal's no angel.  But I think they are both good people.  I try to focus on facts, not assumptions when it comes to character and integrity.  So I don't find too much to criticize with what I do know .....

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 26 Aug 2016, 03:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited for spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 26 Aug 2016, 04:00

Are we sure this is Amal?  Something strange about her in this picture.  And she kinda' looks pregnant.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Fri 26 Aug 2016, 18:03

melbert wrote:So, what are you girls going to think and say when the divorce happens?

How did he know????? Thats just what I wanted for Christmas.....That dear Mel is what I'll think....And say....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 26 Aug 2016, 18:32

What Would He Say wrote:
melbert wrote:So, what are you girls going to think and say when the divorce happens?

How did he know????? Thats just what I wanted for Christmas.....That dear Mel is what I'll think....And say....

Define divorce.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:13

ladybugcngc wrote:
What Would He Say wrote:

Define divorce.

Excuse me?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 26 Aug 2016, 20:26

melbert wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:
What Would He Say wrote:

Define divorce.

Excuse me?

LOL!!!  Did I stutter?  (to harsh..?) Please define divorce in relationship to George Clooney and Amal Clooney's marriage.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 26 Aug 2016, 23:04

I imagine it would be the same for them as it would be for the rest of us. He goes his way, she goes hers and never the twain shall meet.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Fri 26 Aug 2016, 23:52

LizzyNY wrote:I imagine it would be the same for them as it would be for the rest of us. He goes his way, she goes hers and never the twain shall meet.

Thanks
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 27 Aug 2016, 02:03

wow
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 27 Aug 2016, 03:30

melbert wrote:wow

LOL
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2