George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A.

+12
Fingersandtoes
it's me
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
amaretti
ladybugcngc
Donnamarie
isogotit
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
annemarie
carolhathaway
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. Empty George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A.

Post by carolhathaway Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:02

We haven't seen them for some weeks...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. Empty Re: George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A.

Post by annemarie Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:53

It's good to know he still rides we haven't seen him on a bike in a long time they look good.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. Empty Re: George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A.

Post by melbert Sat 20 Aug 2016, 11:58

Isn't that the same expression she had on their first "papped" motorcycle ride?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 20 Aug 2016, 14:23

Fleeting-moment-in-time snapshots aside, she looks bored as hell.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Sat 20 Aug 2016, 14:35

Agree she looks bored. Wonder what an average day in the life of George and Amal consists of when there are no cameras.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 Aug 2016, 14:53

I think they have a normal life away from the cameras.  George has said he leads a pretty normal life fame aside.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 20 Aug 2016, 15:28

Most of their day-to-day lives are not spent in front of a camera. They both have busy agendas. And both can work at home to some extent. So I would think they stay pretty involved with their work but get to enjoy each other's company during the course of the day. And their down time is probably spent in a pretty normal way. As annemarie pointed out George is known for living a pretty ordinary life outside of the celebrity world.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Sat 20 Aug 2016, 16:25

Careful baby on board!!!
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 21 Aug 2016, 03:39

One day last week, I had to pop into a store to pick up some graph paper and a can of pineapple chunks. It occurred to me while I was there that every stitch of the casual clothing I was wearing, except my underwear and shoes, came from that very store.

Think the same thing has ever happened to Amal in her "normal" life?

Last edited by Way2Old4Dis on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 03:55; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added snarky quotation marks)

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 21 Aug 2016, 03:49

One summer my summer shorts were all from Costco .   He he heeee.  Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 21 Aug 2016, 11:56

I

I've crossed the line Sad .....from Fan to Fantasist....It's true to say that every pap outing  out's me more than anyone or anything as a pure sad fantasist.....

You see I just don't see the JOY in any of it.....

I have relationships outside of normal....I have a relationship with God, Jesus and Co....Many Co's.....but its my fan relationship with Clooney that beggars my belief.....

See! pure unadulterated fantasist, I don't can't won't buy it.....I try, I look for the love, a touch, a look, anything...time and again...I want Clooney in love wrapped in a ribbon with a bow on top....but get nothing...just numbness....I don't see what you see...I'm numb or dumb take your pick...

I miss being a simple fan...... Sad   ......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 21 Aug 2016, 14:00

WWHS - I wish I could say it's there and you're just not seeing it. Sometimes I think he's really as "smitten" with her as he says he is. And when I see her crawling all over him in public, I think she must really love him - how could she not?

But then, sometimes, I think it's just too perfect. As if he had a checklist for the woman who would fit his image and married the first one he found who said "Yes". Like an arranged marriage where their goals are the same and they like each other well enough that being together isn't a burden.

Maybe it's real. Maybe it's all for show. Obviously, I haven't got a clue.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 14:49

Way2Old4Dis wrote:One day last week, I had to pop into a store to pick up some graph paper and a can of pineapple chunks. It occurred to me while I was there that every stitch of the casual clothing I was wearing, except my underwear and shoes, came from that very store.

Just speaking for myself I rarely wear a whole outfit that comes from the same store.
Guess I don't get your point Way2 .....
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 21 Aug 2016, 15:11

WWHS....

Sigh
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 15:41

amaretti wrote:One summer my summer shorts were all from Costco .   He he heeee.  Very Happy

Costco is amazing!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 15:48

For him to marry her it has to be real , he is no fool and doesn't need a wife. When I see him I see a man in love and happy with his wife and life. He has also said so at every turn he has no need to lie.

George is a creature of habit how he acts with women is how he is why should it change. 

With the girlfriends past he was never as affectionate nor did he speak of them. That is also something that tells me
he is happy and married to the right woman. He isn't shy about showing his love for her and neither is she. He is simply being himself it took the right person to bring this side of George out.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 15:56

I totally agree annemarie. I see George the same way. I sense his love for her in the words he has spoken and the way he behaves with her in pictures. And other people who KNOW him have confirmed as much. He's not known as a man who lives a lie. Why would he start now?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 21 Aug 2016, 16:34

Donnamarie wrote:  He's not known as a man who lives a lie.  Why would he start now?
Maybe because he finally found a lie he could live with?  But, hell, I don't know a damn thing about his real life except what I see in the media - and we all know how reliable that is. Not saying what we think he's like isn't true. Just that we really don't know anything for sure - and probably never will.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 16:55

No I don't believe he would ever allow such a lie or be a part of one there is simply no reason.He would never put his family and friends in a position to lie or lie to them.  He had his fame and fortune marriage did nothing to enhance that. I also don't believe Amal would go along with that no point in it.

I think some may have found this happening so quickly after him saying he would never marry to be the problem.
He said himself he never should have said  i'll never marry thing it was a dumb thing to say. 

Love I know for a fact doesn't always come when you are looking for it . It comes when you are ready for it. I believe that is what happened with George he recognized that Amal was the one for him. We change when we get older we can see things more clearly and realize what we need and want in our lives and of course what we don't.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingersandtoes Sun 21 Aug 2016, 17:00

I just don't see the logic why they'd get married and do all what they've done unless they're in love and wanting to spend their lives together. They wouldn't have bought that mansion in UK, Amal wouldn't have arranged teaching assignments for herself in university while George worked in NYC. They wouldn't spend as much time as possible with each other. I don't get why they'd do all that trouble for any other reason but love.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 21 Aug 2016, 17:15

So, what are you girls going to think and say when the divorce happens?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 21 Aug 2016, 17:23

Let us know when

And we will tell you Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 21 Aug 2016, 17:41

Do you remember when everyone was saying 'look at the way he's looking at her' and 'look at how he's listening to her' and 'never seen him doing that in such a rapt way with any other girlfriend before'?

Well, he's still doing that............

Also don't think he could say the things he said in such a public arena as the Golden Globes unless he meant it....or the things he said in the Esquire article

But, hey, that's just me...

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 17:46

You are right Pan he is because he loves his wife and this is a very important relationship to him. He said he found the love of his life and he knew right a way he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her. 

I believe he will do just that he is in for love and life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 21 Aug 2016, 19:02

Donnamarie wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:One day last week, I had to pop into a store to pick up some graph paper and a can of pineapple chunks. It occurred to me while I was there that every stitch of the casual clothing I was wearing, except my underwear and shoes, came from that very store.

Just speaking for myself I rarely wear a whole outfit that comes from the same store.
Guess I don't get your point Way2 .....

Don't sweat it. You'll ace the next one.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 19:59

Appreciate your sarcasm Way2. But just indulge and enlighten me please.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 21 Aug 2016, 20:25

melbert wrote:So, what are you girls going to think and say when the divorce happens?

I certainly hope that none of the fans here would seriously look forward to or hope for George to divorce.

Or, melbert, are you just messing with us ... again? I Wink

Last edited by Donnamarie on Sun 21 Aug 2016, 20:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 21 Aug 2016, 21:10

Donnamarie wrote:
melbert wrote:So, what are you girls going to think and say when the divorce happens?

I certainly hope that none of the fans here would seriously look forward to or hope for George to divorce.

Or, melbert, are you just messing with us ... again? I Wink 

Could we have pole vote with many already answer ready melbert?Good idea.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 22 Aug 2016, 16:07

Donnamarie wrote:Appreciate your sarcasm Way2.  But just indulge and enlighten me please.

I'll give you a hint: It has nothing to do with how many stores it takes to put together an ensemble.

Other than that, the moment has passed. Respectfully decline.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. Empty ladybugcngc

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 22 Aug 2016, 17:26

annemarie wrote:For him to marry her it has to be real , he is no fool and doesn't need a wife. When I see him I see a man in love and happy with his wife and life. He has also said so at every turn he has no need to lie.

George is a creature of habit how he acts with women is how he is why should it change. 

With the girlfriends past he was never as affectionate nor did he speak of them. That is also something that tells me
he is happy and married to the right woman. He isn't shy about showing his love for her and neither is she. He is simply being himself it took the right person to bring this side of George out.

I like you have a hard time believing George and Amal Clooney would live a lie. Over nine years I have closely read about his life past and present.  I've grown in love to love George Clooney without measure.  Whatever their marriage relationship is (fiction or non-fiction) it is between the two of them.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 22 Aug 2016, 19:41

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:Appreciate your sarcasm Way2.  But just indulge and enlighten me please.

I'll give you a hint: It has nothing to do with how many stores it takes to put together an ensemble.

Fair enough Way2. I would assume that you meant that Amal doesn't understand what it's like to live like you and I do .... living a middle class life.

I would assume she has lived a privileged life since her family moved to England years ago. But I would also guess that she is pretty grounded in her life. If she wasn't I could not imagine George falling in love with her if they didn't share the same value system. She may have an affinity for high fashion but I don't think it is a measure of anything more than she really likes clothes ... a passion for her.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 22 Aug 2016, 20:13

assume.  imagine.  guess.  None of us know a darn thing really.  pro or con.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 22 Aug 2016, 20:29

Donnamarie wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:

Fair enough Way2.  I would assume that you meant that Amal doesn't understand what it's like to live like you and I do .... living a middle class life.  

I would assume she has lived a privileged life since her family moved to England years ago.  But I would also guess that she is pretty grounded in her life.  If she wasn't I could not imagine George falling in love with her if they didn't share the same value system.   She may have an affinity for high fashion but I don't think it is a measure of anything more than she really likes clothes ... a passion for her.

"Falling in love with Amal ?"... George Clooney?   All questions aside, my hope is he has found the LOVE of his life.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 22 Aug 2016, 20:30

I know what George says and that is good enough for me.

He says he has found the love of his life and he should know.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 22 Aug 2016, 20:43

annemarie wrote:I know what George says and that is good enough for me.

Understanding George Clooney is an abstract thinker, I've learned over the years to take what he says with a grain of salt.  With that said, I do believe him when he speaks about the love of his life.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 22 Aug 2016, 20:47

Here we go again!
Discussing George's and Amal's relation...

How could he just dare to marry - without asking his fans for permission Rolling Eyes
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 22 Aug 2016, 20:57

carolhathaway wrote:Here we go again!
Discussing George's and Amal's relation...

How could he just dare to marry - without asking his fans for permission Rolling Eyes

It would have been nice...  I would have said no, surely that would not have mattered.  Sometimes he just has to pull the string.  I'm sure those who love him will keep their love and prayers handy.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 22 Aug 2016, 21:23

So true CarolHathaway what nerve he has  to fall in love and be happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 22 Aug 2016, 21:45

annemarie wrote:So true CarolHathaway what nerve he has  to fall in love and be happy.

I'm happy, he's happy.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 22 Aug 2016, 23:10

carolhathaway wrote:

ESATTO !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 23 Aug 2016, 15:55

ladybugcngc wrote:

Understanding George Clooney is an abstract thinker, I've learned over the years to take what he says with a grain of salt.  With that said, I do believe him when he speaks about the love of his life.
I take him at his word, but what that means and means to him has a lot of latitude.  Does it mean they are "soul mates" (an idea I don't even believe in), or that he didn't actually get tired of her after a few months, or that she is necessary for him to be happy, or that he likes her and she suits the lifestyle he wants to live, or that they will rub along together in contentment for a long time, or that they are friends and intellectual equals as well as lovers?  For George the only thing I can gather that it is different for him that the "just having fun" terms in which he described most previous relationships. Every relationship is somewhat different and much of it is only known to the two people in it.  I think of it in terms of what Prince Charles answered years ago when asked if he was in love with Diana when they got engaged"  "Whatever that means."

Last edited by fava on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 15:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 23 Aug 2016, 16:38

How about he means exactly what he says he loves his wife and she is the love of his life. 
She is his partner and he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

Charles and Diana were a mess from the beginning she was no more than a child . He knew he didn't want to marry her but had too. And we have all seen the results sadly. There is simply no comparison there.

George has said on many occasions he loves Amal I don't see how him saying he loves his wife is any different than say when Rande says he loves his wife. George is a man with the same emotions as other men. The only difference is he is famous. 

I don't see him being in love and married as any different than any one else he waited and found someone he wanted to spend his life with. Which is what we all do and when the time was right she came into his life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 23 Aug 2016, 16:44

fava wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:

I take him at his word, but what that means and means to him has a lot of latitude.  Does it mean they are "soul mates" (an idea I don't even believe in), or that he didn't actually get tired of her after a few months, or that she is necessary for him to be happy, or that he likes her and she suits the lifestyle he wants to live, or that they will rub along together in contentment for a long time, or that they are friends and intellectual equals as well as lovers?  For George the only thing I can gather that it is different for him that othe "just having fun" terms in which he described most previous relationships. Every relationship is somewhat different and much of it is only known to the two people in it.  I think of it in terms of what Prince Charles answered years ago when asked if he was in love with Diana when they got engaged"  "Whatever that means."

"Fava" are you married?

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 17:11; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 23 Aug 2016, 17:10

annemarie wrote:How about he means exactly what he says he loves his wife and she is the love of his life. 
She is his partner and he wants to spend the rest of his life with her.

Charles and Diana were a mess from the beginning she was no more than a child . He knew he didn't want to marry her but had too. And we have all seen the results sadly. There is simply no comparison there.

George has said on many occasions he loves Amal I don't see how him saying he loves his wife is any different than say when Rande says he loves his wife. George is a man with the same emotions as other men. The only difference is he is famous. 

I don't see him being in love and married as any different than any one else he waited and found someone he wanted to spend his life with. Which is what we all do and when the time was right she came into his life.

If George and Amal Clooney's marriage is fiction based on a written contract will you love him any less?  Only George and Amal know the intricate details of their marriage relationship.  Fiction or non fiction, I, like you, hope he is living a happy life.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 23 Aug 2016, 17:16

annemarie is absolutely right. George and Amal love each other.  Period.  He has found the woman who he has said is the love of his life.  People need to stop questioning George's love for her and his judgment.  Its ridiculous.  How do we know what's better for George than he does????  

As far as the dynamics of their relationship that is personal to them.  We do know that they are very affectionate with each other.  Beyond that .....

ladybugcngc,  I agree.  I hope George is living a happy life.  I think he is.  He and Amal look it every time we see them together.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 18:08; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text.)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 23 Aug 2016, 18:13

Donnamarie wrote:annemarie is absolutely right. George and Amal love each other.  Period.  He has found the woman who he has said is the love of his life.  People need to stop questioning George's love for her and his judgment.  Its ridiculous.  How do we know what's better for George than he does????  

As far as the dynamics of their relationship that is personal to them.  We do know that they are very affectionate with each other.  Beyond that .....

Please don't get me wrong.  I  too believe there is love there   And I believe George Clooney  when he says has found the love of his life.

Last edited by ladybugcngc on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 18:42; edited 1 time in total
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 23 Aug 2016, 18:36

Annemarie-- Not questioning his statement or his love at all. That is your interpretation of my remarks.  Just pointing out that the definition of and parameters of love vary from person to person. My reference to the prince's remarks was meant to indicate what love means can vary from depending on the person, the relationship and over time.  If George said "I love you" to some of the long term girlfriends, I assume it meant something different to him than it does in terms of Amal.  Same word though.  It encompasses a lot of different feelings.  Maybe we should have many words for it that are more specific, like Inuit do for snow?

Ladybug-- yes, I have been married for 20 years.  I got married in my late 30s and it's very clear to me that that man I might have married at 21 is not the one I did marry at 37.  Does that mean only one is the "love of my life?"  Don't know the answer to that.  But I am not a believer in the idea that there is only "one" perfect person for me in the whole world.

Last edited by fava on Tue 23 Aug 2016, 18:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 23 Aug 2016, 18:46

fava wrote:Annemarie-- Not questioning his statement or his love at all. That is your interpretation of my remarks.  Just pointing out that the definition of and parameters of love vary from person to person. My reference to the prince's remarks was meant to indicate what love means can vary from depending on the person, the relationship and over time.  If George said "I love you" to some of the long term girlfriends, I assume it meant something different to him than it does in terms of Amal.  Same word though.  It encompasses a lot of different feelings.  Maybe we should have many words for it that are more specific, like Inuit do for snow?

Ladybug-- yes, I have been married for 20 years.  I got married in my late 30s and it's very clear to me that that man I might have married at 21 is not the one I did marry at 37.  Does that mean only one is the "love of my life?"  Don't know the answer to that.  But I am not a believer in the idea that there is only "one" perfect person for me in the whole world.

Fava:  I believe you can have more than one soul mate in your life time.  I just think it is interesting you don't consider your husband your soul mate.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 23 Aug 2016, 19:38

Um, fava  didn't say that she married a man that she does not consider to be her soul mate. She said that she does not believe in the idea of 'soul mates.'

That's an important distinction, and absolutely essential in fully understanding the point she's trying to make.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

George and Amal on a bike tour in L.A. Empty I take him at his word, but what that means and means to him has a lot of latitude. Does it mean they are "soul mates" (an idea I don't even believe in)

Post by ladybugcngc Tue 23 Aug 2016, 20:02

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Um, fava  didn't say that she married a man that she does not consider to be her soul mate. She said that she does not believe in the idea of 'soul mates.'

That's an important distinction, and absolutely essential in fully understanding the point she's trying to make.

I'm responding to what Fava wrote:  "I take him (George Clooney) at his  word, but what that means and means to him has a lot of latitude.  Does it mean they are "soul mates" (an idea I don't even believe in).

How can she consider her husband to be soul mate, when she does not believe in the idea.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next