George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Long-ago interview with Barry Norman EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Long-ago interview with Barry Norman

+4
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
8 posters

Go down

Long-ago interview with Barry Norman Empty Long-ago interview with Barry Norman

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Aug 2016, 01:44

Do we have this somewhere already?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Long-ago interview with Barry Norman Empty Re: Long-ago interview with Barry Norman

Post by Donnamarie Wed 10 Aug 2016, 03:09

Had not seen this one.

So disarming, so f**king handsome, sooooo young (relatively). Same mannerisms, same fidgeting and was as is now still pretty humble and grounded.

Thanks PAN for that blast from the past flower
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Long-ago interview with Barry Norman Empty Re: Long-ago interview with Barry Norman

Post by LizzyNY Wed 10 Aug 2016, 04:03

PAN - Thanks! I hadn't seen this interview in ages. If anyone ever wonders why he's such a big star, they should watch this. He's just so real! Funny, smart and drop dead gorgeous!

He must have memorized that patter when he first started getting famous from ER because he's still giving all the same answers - almost verbatim! I guess they serve him well. I can't help but wonder though, if this is his set piece for interviews is it all still true or was it ever? As he runs through the same answers he's been giving for 20 years, what is he really thinking?

(For anyone interested, Rosario Arijon has a great collection of George interviews on YouTube.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 10 Aug 2016, 06:29

PAN,
thanks so much for that video! It's unbelievable how less George has changed (and his answers as well - I'd like to know what he really thinks) - and how bad the quality of videos were at that time. 

Donna, you're right - so f***ing handsome... *swoon*...

Lizzy,
I think I'll try to watch more Arijon videos tonight.

A nice look back, I really enjoyed that!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 10 Aug 2016, 09:09

Speechless 

Shocked Embarassed

Hmm.... Michelle right ? 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Sweet
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Aug 2016, 11:33

Just to mention that the sequence of videos carries on through to the last........if you have time!?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 10 Aug 2016, 13:43

PAN - I couldn't help it. I watched it through to the end last night, It only took about 1/2 hour or so and like you can't eat just one potato chip, I couldn't watch just one segment! Very Happy He was sooo cute!

But the more I watched the more clear it became that he really does calculate everything in his life. He really laid out how, once he realised how the system works, he knew exactly where he wanted his career to go and made all his decisions based on that. It makes Amal more understandable. I just wonder if he regrets making his career the most important thing in his life.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 10 Aug 2016, 14:11

Yep, Lizzy, you just sit there and then you realise the time - very very easy to do - and so easy on the eye....

Oh I think he's had a strategy all along once he realised his 'potential'. And a lot of it is sort of common sense i e once you've done one sort of role, go for another sort. Of course it's dependent on getting it!

The Mariella Frostrup interview on the same thread is REALLY interesting on all of this and kind of compliments it.............

Oh, and as for Amal, I think they're two peas in a pod. She could have easily done entertainment law in the US for the rest of her career - and given she got an award for it - but she chose a bit of a bigger commitment.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 10 Aug 2016, 14:19

Nice interview .   Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 10 Aug 2016, 15:33

party animal - not! wrote:
Oh, and as for Amal, I think they're two peas in a pod. She could have easily done entertainment law in the US for the rest of her career - and given she got an award for it - but she chose a bit of a bigger commitment.............
My understanding is that she never practiced entertainment law.  She took one class and she got an award in that one class where the competition was the other law students at NYU taking entertainment law.
Just trying to keep it real on her resume!

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 10 Aug 2016, 15:38

He is so cute in the interview .  Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 10 Aug 2016, 16:43

amaretti wrote:He is so cute in the interview .  Very Happy

He is isn't he amaretti.  I watched all five segments twice and was trying not to be distracted by his face, his eyes, his hair .....

I don't think George has too many regrets.  He probably missed out on a few projects that he wanted to be a part of but he has always seemed to be committed and invested 100% in the films that he has chosen to do.  I sometimes wonder why he did this film or that one. I sometimes question his wisdom in choosing some of his roles but I think he has his reasons for choosing those projects.  Because he wants to work with a certain director or cast or the part is just right for him. He doesn't seem driven by making blockbusters; rather smaller films that strike a chord with him in some way.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 10 Aug 2016, 17:31

Donnamarie - I doubt that he has many regrets on a professional basis, although there are a couple of films I can think of that, in hindsight, he might have passed on ("Killer Tomatoes", anyone?)

But, I wasn't thinking so much about regretting his film choices. I was wondering if he regrets making his career the focus of his life.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 10 Aug 2016, 17:52

Lizzy, IMO I think his career has fulfilled him in a way that he needed to feel accomplished in his life. I don't think finding a woman and settling down earlier in life would have satisfied him. I have just always thought that for George he wanted more from his life. He has a strong creative side that needed to be fulfilled. And it had been a singular, possibly selfish passion for him that couldn't include someone else. He couldn't give fairly to both so he chose the career. I think women and relationships were a distraction for him. Of course, just my perceptions.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 10 Aug 2016, 18:33

I think you're right that women and relationships were a distraction for him, but I don't think it was his creative urges that propelled him.

I think it's a lot more complicated and stems from his childhood as the child of a "celebrity". I think, in the beginning, he was trying to prove to his father that he could succeed in his chosen career. Now, I think he's trying to prove to the world that he deserves all the attention he gets.

I think a lot of his childhood experiences, while being amazing preparation for the life he's been living, left scars that shaped his attitudes toward his personal life. For example, his belief that his career would prevent him from being a good parent, IMO, has roots in his own childhood. He seems to be a very complicated man.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 10 Aug 2016, 18:52

I don't think he regrets much,  I think he knows he is exactly where he should be in his life now. His marriage and his causes are very important to him and he is at a point in his life where he can slow down on the career and take care of the things that mean the most to him in life. Along with being a great son, uncle and friend.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 10 Aug 2016, 19:51

Sure 
the lawn mower
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 10 Aug 2016, 21:07

it's me wrote:Sure 
the lawn mower
lol! ???????????????????????????????????????????????
it's me - Is this your revenge for the Pink Patch comments? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 11 Aug 2016, 01:35

Life served a lot of lemons lately

I don't fancy lemonade
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down