George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George and Amal at Villa d'Este

+10
fava
Doug Ross
Way2Old4Dis
melbert
What Would He Say
annemarie
Donnamarie
party animal - not!
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal at Villa d'Este

Post by Donnamarie Sun 17 Jul 2016, 17:27

Thank you PAN! Love4
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

George and Amal at Villa d'Este - Page 2 Empty Re: George and Amal at Villa d'Este

Post by PigPen Mon 18 Jul 2016, 13:36

This ought to get my ass kicked... IMO  this is completely inappropriate behavior for grown adults in a restaurant.  I don't care if their sooooooo in love Annmarie.   Get a room!  And grow up.

Or maybe, they're trying to hard.

Either way- bad form.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Jul 2016, 15:43

They appear to be in a garden not near other customers, they seem to sit in a special area just for them to have privacy.
I can see more than this on a street corner in New York. 

The only reason we are seeing this is because of the long lense of a pap. 

To me they aren't doing anything where they would need a room  cuddling and sharing a kiss is fine to me.

It is nice to see George showing love and affection to his wife nothing wrong with that at least not to me anyway.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Jul 2016, 17:32

I love the way George is affectionate with Amal in public. To me it's quite sweet. And I personally think it's a healthy thing in a marriage to show that kind of physical closeness, even out in public.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 18 Jul 2016, 17:40

Have to ask... do the 2 Maries greenie themselves or each other?????

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Jul 2016, 18:17

PigPen wrote:Have to ask... do the 2 Maries greenie themselves or each other?????

I often will give a greenie to annemarie because she and I have similar opinions on George and Amal. I did not give her a greenie for her comments above. Someone else did today.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Jul 2016, 18:21

Nope didn't give any today .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jul 2016, 18:26

Oh Pigpen. The Villa d'Este terrace, which is where they are is about half a mile long. So, if say, you wanted a drink at the bar, you're highly likely to be seated at the other end. The place is awash with trees and flowers and privacy (apart from the long lens smuggled in - rooms are £750 a night)

He's been there many times before and always asks for a table away from everybody else....just as he does in many other places if he wants to have a private conversation. He knows them very well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 18 Jul 2016, 18:47

Understand what you're saying PAN... but I still believe this is not the way to behave in public, esp if you're a jr barrister/barrister who wants to be taken seriously.  You give the  impression you do not understand etiquette.  And lack the ability to control yourself.
 JMO

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 18 Jul 2016, 18:49

I, for one, am just happy to see them out without a friends-and-family posse. The PDA looks a little affected to me (and almost identical to previous pictures), but then, they know they're being watched no matter how 'private' the table. I don't doubt George's feelings for his wife or his present state of happiness. But maybe Amal's next gift to him should be learning to prepare a meal or two on her own. Then they wouldn't have to worry about their privacy so much.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jul 2016, 19:02

Well, I'm not sure, Pigpen, that if George was kissing me in those amazing surroundings on a balmy night by the lake, I'd be summoning up the concern for my client list to be honest...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Jul 2016, 19:25

I don't think there was anything inappropriate in the affection shown between the two of them.  There is no reason for either one to defend what they are doing.  
And IMO I don't think it affects her reputation as a barrister at all.  These types of pictures have been published before.  Just last year in fact.  Doesn't seem to be a problem for her.

They are both aware that they won't have privacy when they go out to eat.  They seem to have accepted that.  They were enjoying an intimate romantic dinner.  Who wouldn't be affected by the surroundings and being with someone you love.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 19:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited text cause I can't get it right the first time!)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 18 Jul 2016, 20:04

Donnamarie - How is it "an intimate romantic dinner" if "they're both aware they won't have privacy when they go out to eat"? They might be enjoying an evening in a romantic setting, and their conversation might be intimate but it obviously isn't private if their pictures end up in the media - and they have to know there's a very good chance that will happen, since it has often in the past.

Under those circumstances maybe they could save it until they got home, unless, of course, they really don't care. After all, they both really do love attention.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Jul 2016, 21:02

Mm, well the only thing is that we don't know how many times they eat there. Just because we've seen them there a couple of times doesn't mean they are the only times that they've been there.

And goodness knows how long the lense is when the paps do get their shots over a matter of minutes...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 18 Jul 2016, 21:28

If we saw pics of them sitting on a table distant from each other and not touching some of us would say that their honeymoon is over, that they look as if they had a fight, that they're heading for divorce etc.  
IMO they didn't behave in an unappropriate way but just showed some PDA...

Last edited by carolhathaway on Mon 18 Jul 2016, 21:29; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell...)
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Jul 2016, 22:09

Carol your right if they weren't affectionate they would be headed for divorce court. 

When George was single I remember people wanting him to show affection,  now he is happily married in love and showing it there are still complaints.

I think they have learned to live with the attention and get on with their lives. They shouldn't have to hide or not show affection because someone is going to take a picture.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 18 Jul 2016, 23:24

I love that they go to the Villa  d'Este by boat  . I have never had dinner there .  Beautiful place .    Love4

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 19 Jul 2016, 02:29

I agree amaretti. It is exquisite.

Lizzy just to answer your question I think George and Amal focus on each other and don't concern themselves with whether they are photographed or not. That's how I see his behavior when he is out with anyone. He focuses on them not whether there may be a photographer nearby. It's probably a quality that George has finessed over the years. And for the most part he doesn't let it get to him. Once in a while he has reacted ... but usually he takes it in stride. Would think Amal is taking his lead.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingersandtoes Tue 19 Jul 2016, 05:25

I don't think there's anything wrong with a married couple sharing a kiss or a few kisses  in the public, even lawyers. She wasn't straddling him, they just kissed.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 19 Jul 2016, 15:49

Donnamarie wrote:I agree amaretti.  It is exquisite.  

Lizzy just to answer your question I think George and Amal focus on each other and don't concern themselves with whether they are photographed or not. That's how I see his behavior when he is out with anyone.  He focuses on them not whether there may be a photographer nearby.    It's probably a quality that George has finessed over the years.  And for the most part he doesn't let it get to him.  Once in a while he has reacted ... but usually he takes it in stride.  Would think Amal is taking his lead.  
IMO they expected to be photographed.  How would she get any publicity for her sister's necklace otherwise?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Jul 2016, 17:22

Of course, we're surmising something out of nothing really. For all we know they could have been working in different parts of the world - bear in mind too that George holds a lot of directorships in companies based in Switzerland - and now have time to themselves.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Jul 2016, 17:37

I think they went to one of their favorite places for dinner and had a good evening nothing new there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 20 Jul 2016, 14:51

My George....My beautiful mess of contradictions....

Everybody parades around having their pictures taken by the paps....but nobody, nobody, walking through these amazing gardens takes a picture with their friends....no one marks the occasion ....seems so sad.....

Don't you think it would be nice, just once....for someone to DIRECT proceedings and shout and march them into rag taggle groups for family snaps....an after dinner boozy posing fest....The way real people do....

As for smooching....Mmm....too much, too touchy, too feely, to be too really real....Begs the question why compromise true true love in this way.....

My mate Will...
"Doubt thou the stars are fire....but never doubt love".....Suspect
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Wed 20 Jul 2016, 16:59

playing devil's advocate for a moment, and then I'm done with this topic (unless someone really rattles my cage).............  1.. how is it, the press seems to always or nearly always know where they are/or where they're going  ( unless they are notified by his or her camp)    2.  How is it there is a photographer is in the restaurant  or damned close by if it's an outdoor affair, with a long range camera at the ready to "invade upon their private moments".   Same crap captured when he was with all the others.

Now, I don't follow all the publications checking for photos.  At times I lead a normal (?) life... so I may be wrong about this... BUT  I can't recall any other celebrity having to deal with photos of entry into restaraunts, 'private moments" that in my opinion often look staged... think about that pose on the restaurant steps when he held her in his arms, and everyone drooled.   Keeping in mind this guy can go stealth really really well when he has a mind to.

So- here's my point ( yeah there is one)...if they're posed shots, very tiring posed shots of how in love they are... they are exercising poor judgement.  If they're going with the moment... save it til you get home.

fini. Razz

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 20 Jul 2016, 21:36

PP- Not disagreeing, but I think you missed one. Could be their house is staked out so the paps know when they come and go and can follow.

What I wonder is how she seems to always know where the camera is. Most photos, from near or far, seem to catch her looking right at the camera - no matter where the other people are looking. Maybe she's too self-conscious to ignore the paps the way George does. I'd rather think that than that they're setting the whole thing up in advance. That would just be plain tacky!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 20 Jul 2016, 22:04

Lizzy - yes of course it is. They don't make appointments for the paps!

A photo of them is one of the highest paid gigs in the world for paps. They will make a fortune. These are two people who don't do social media on any level, and if she can spot them easily it's because they're easy to see!

I've seen Vespas loaded with camera equipment, paps hanging around in the village square, a mobile 'base' parked up in the neighbouring village, where someone is issuing instructions to those staking them out, people trying to climb the fence, a pap with only his pants on wading in.......I could go on.

The Villa d'Este pix are taken by someone probably up a tree at half a mile away. The hotel grounds are huge and security tight..the car pic must have been easier, they're at the hotel's exit. I do like the fact that they're using less than grand cars.

The only alternative they have is not to go out at all.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fingersandtoes Thu 21 Jul 2016, 07:31

So many of these pap pictures are taken at night time, so the paps of course use flash. The flash will of course be seen by the people the paps are picturing and the sudden light gets the attention. Many paps have spoken how they stake their 'targets' from how far, how strong the zoom is etc.  The way they got the topless Kate Middleton sunbathing at a private villa is insane. Same way they got the pictures of Kristen Stewart cheating. The paps really do lay in wait for George and Amal to step out and the price of these kissing pictures is a lot.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 31 Jul 2016, 19:34

On the lake today.......

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 31 Jul 2016, 21:54

It's the price you pay for fame , I think George handles it well he may not like it but he knows it comes with the job.

George said in an interview that he wants Amal to lead as normal a life as possible .  Which is why they go out 

and enjoy themselves. There are things they can't do like take a walk in the park .

I think for the most part they try to lead and live their lives in a normal way. Paps or no Paps.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 31 Jul 2016, 23:55

I see it the same way annemarie. Well said! I think they are doing a good job of living and enjoying their lives at the same time being realistic about the media's intrusion.

That's a hell of a long lens that guy has on his camera!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 01 Aug 2016, 06:45

When I saw the instagram pic, I thought: "When you look at the enormous lenses of the paps, it's easy to understand how these blurry photos of George and Amal  are being made: Paps are maybe half a mile away from them and mostly don't use flashes, so they are unrecognized while taking pics...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 01 Aug 2016, 15:20

Do you remember the native Indians...a wise Race....believed every time your picture was taken, it stole a bit of your soul....

We live in the Selfie generation.....No wonder the Worlds F***** Up.....
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2