Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Serious Side

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 20:34

fava wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:


My statement:  "Under the Act our government tax dollars subsidize Corporate owned health care companies.  Under this system, Corporate Health Care Companies decide how much physicians are paid and well as how much the consumer is charge".  I don’t see how we differ.
This is no different than it was before with Medicare and Medicaid.  

7 states do not allow write-in candidates at all. Other states (35 of them) only count votes  for someone that has registered as a write in candidate.

A write in winner would be miraculous.

In California medicaid changed.  

I can only hope my write-in candidate is registered.

Miracles do happen.  Gov. Huckabee a write-in miracle sounds great!!!
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by party animal - not! on Thu 03 Nov 2016, 23:11


party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8785
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 09:37

As I'm German, it's quite fascinating to see our different points of view concerning certain aspects.

For 150 years we've got a sort of 'social insurance'. This means that they get a certain percentage of your income. This pays for 

a) your and your family's health care (as long as they don't have an own income) - you may go to any sort of doctor or clinic, get all sorts of medicine and medical treatment / surgery you need, without paying for it (or sometimes just a few Euros). It doesn't matter if you have ten children or are single, doesn't matter if you live a very healthy lifestyle or smoke 50 cigarettes per day. It also doesn't matter if you are well or have cancer - if you need medical treatment, you'll get it.

b) unemployment insurance. If you should lose your job and don't find a new one at once, you'll get a certain percentage of your income as a substitute for up to twelve months. That's not a lot, but since the state also pays for your rent if necessary, it helps at least. If you still haven't found a new job after one year, you'll get a social welfare every month which is less, it guarantees you a very low living standard - but unlimited, for the rest of your life, if necessary.

c) a pension. Once you're retired, you'll get a certain percentage of your income as a pension. Many companies also pay their retired employers a pension as an extra.
Since the generations who work and pay this social insurance now, pay for the pensions of the retired people now, this system is in trouble at the moment. We integrated millions of Germans who lived in Russia and worked there (former Russian emporers wanted them to work in Russia), but came to Germany when they retired, and now we have to pay for their pensions. The reunification with the GDR forced this problem because the GDR was nearly bankrupt, and we paid the pension for millions of people who hadn't paid into this insurance.

d) care. If you can't look after yourself anymore because you're too old or / and handicapped and need somebody to help you, you'll get money to pay them.

So it's interesting to hear or read discussions about if Obama care is necessary or if everybody should pay for his own medical treatment. It may work - as long as you don't have cancer or any other serious illness. My twins were very premature born, and it cost my insurance more than one million Euro until they were able to leave the hospital after more than six months. 
I wouldn't want to live in a countey where you only survived a serious illness if you were rich enough...


Last edited by carolhathaway on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 09:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell...)
avatar
carolhathaway
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2134
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 11:59

Carol Obama care has made a difference for a lot of people. People have complained about health insurance here for years even before Obamacare they were saying it cost too much. People will complain no matter what nothing is perfect for everyone.

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by What Would He Say on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:18

You know I'm always banging on about my gut....Yesterday, all day I had a horrible feeling of apprehension in my gut every time the US election was talked about (24/7 here).....

I get different feelings in my gut, but this yucky feeling I hadn't had for a long while....This morning I sat down and tried to remember last time I felt like this....It hit me....The Friday before George Clooney's wedding.....

Good luck America....
avatar
What Would He Say
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2013-05-15
Location : OneDAyComo

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:22

Annemarie,
I know about the discussions in your country, I just don't really understand them. Of course it costs money, and of course I'm not happy that my money helps to cure people who smoke or drink heavily. On the other hand other people might argue that I don't exercise enough or eat less chocolate or drink less coffee and should definitely lose weight - and they would be right.

100 years ago people died because no antibiotics were available. It was really dangerous to give birth to a child. Just two of three children survived their childhood. We call ourselves first world, live in the richest countries in the world. 
So shouldn't everybody have the right to see a doctor when he's ill? Get medicine when he needs it? Shouldn't someone who's diagnozed with cancer or AIDS, have the right for a future?
avatar
carolhathaway
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2134
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by it's me on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:24

Oh my
A catastrophe Shocked
avatar
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 17176
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 12:34

The polls don't count everyone, I for one have never been polled neither have any of the people I know. I hope there
are enough intelligent people out there to vote for Hillary not because they like her , they don't have to , she is the one for the job she knows about government. She would know how to deal with other countries in a dignified manner not throw a tantrum and walk out of the room.

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by Donnamarie on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:26

Interesting annemarie I've never been polled in this election either.  I always wonder about these polls.  How balanced they are.  What groups may not be included.
I've never been so worried about an election as this one.  I'm holding my breath until it's over.  I was hoping for a landslide to send a message to Americans and to everyone around the world that our country does not condone a deplorable Trump.  I don't think that's going to happen.

Welcome back carolhathaway.  Hope you had a wonderful cruise!


Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4596
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 13:47

Write -in Gov. Huckabee miracle.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 15:00

I have to apply my faith and hope a miracle is on the way.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 16:18

Well, Melania Trump has said as first lady she will put an end to social media bullying. She is as delusional as Donald dumb. 
Anderson Cooper ask's isn't the problem at her dinner table?

http://people.com/politics/anderson-cooper-melania-trump-internet-bullies-kellyanne-conway-interview/

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 16:31

No, the problem is with those who believe they are the righteous sent by god to avenge what they perceive to be unholy, unrighteous, unjust.

"We the people are sitting in their cross-hairs".  And Hillary with her pledge of 55,00 Syrian refugees IS NOT THE ANSWER.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by LizzyNY on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 16:48

Neither are the NRA, KKK, and all the Alt-right and Neo-Nazi groups that support Trump and the ultra-conservative platform. Are you going to deport them all, too? Our home-grown terrorists are a hell of a lot more dangerous to the survival of our democracy than any refugee!
avatar
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4648
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 16:50

LizzyNY wrote:Neither are the NRA, KKK, and all the Alt-right and Neo-Nazi groups that support Trump and the ultra-conservative platform. Are you going to deport them all, too? Our home-grown terrorists are a hell of a lot more dangerous to the survival of our democracy than any refugee!

Interesting...
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 18:17

True Lizzy, Trump opened the door to hate and racism. When he didn't denounce the kkk heads support.

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 18:29

LizzyNY wrote:Neither are the NRA, KKK, and all the Alt-right and Neo-Nazi groups that support Trump and the ultra-conservative platform. Are you going to deport them all, too? Our home-grown terrorists are a hell of a lot more dangerous to the survival of our democracy than any refugee!
Lizzy,
that's exactly what I think.
And as far as I know, freedom of religion is a right in your constitution as it is in our.
Plus - we've discussed it here several times - do you just want to concentrate on Syrian refugees, Ladybug? What about muslims from other countries? Or the millions of muslims who live in the States for decades, sometimes for generations? And what about the American citizens who might convert to islam? What do you want to do about them? Deport everybody who says he's muslim? Who's ever visited a mosque? What about Syrian refugees who are christians? What if somebody says:"I'm Syrian and a christ". How can he proove that?

Sorry, I don't like generalized suspicion...
avatar
carolhathaway
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2134
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 19:14

Carol - 

I have expressed in great length my position on:

Syrian refugees, Muslims living here, Muslim from other countries, American who convert to Islam...

I have not once said anything about deportation.

There are 7 Continents 196 countries, surely there is some place where Syrians, both Christian and Muslims, can take refuge.  Countries where the IS/ISIS have not left their work place, gone home, pick up their spouse and a couple of assault weapons, go back to his work place, murder 14 people and injure countless others.

My statement:  The problem is with those who believe they are the righteous sent by god to avenge what they perceive to be unholy, unrighteous, unjust.  

I can only generalize - the IS/ISIS and their partners of evil doers hide in plain sight and lay in wait to carry out mass murder.  They don't walk around with ISIS written on them.

For any person running for President to pledge to bring 55,000 refugees from a war-torn country or region, that has historically shown themselves to be hostile to the citizens of their own country is UNTHINKABLE.

We have had this conversation on several occasions, I'm not sure what part of my stand do you not understand.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by carolhathaway on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 20:23

ladybugcngc wrote:Carol - 

we have had this conversation on several occasions, I'm not sure what part of my stand do you not understand.
Ladybug,

I absolutely understand your stand. As far as I know this is a place where we can share our different opinions - I think this is called 'discussion'.
Everybody who wants to vote has to decide for a certain candidate, and this usually means to compromise because - at least this is my experience - you never agree with everything a candidate says, which is usually a compromise.
So for you Huckabee's economic programme is your reason to put him on the ticket, and Hillary's decision to accept Syrian refugees, is your reason not to vote for her. That's called democracy...
avatar
carolhathaway
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2134
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Fri 04 Nov 2016, 23:54

I was just watching the news, and  a group of reporters were talking about the election. They said that the newspapers have been instead of checking facts have simply been getting their info from social media and simply writing these things as truths. What on earth has happened to reporters doing their jobs and checking facts. 
And a lot of people actually use social media for the facts.

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 00:36

Carol I don't understand your response.  You asked me several questions and I tried to extend to you an answer.  I asked you a question.   That is a discussion. 

Just to clarify there are many reasons I will not vote for Hillary.  There are many reasons why I like Gov. Huckabee.

I welcome your questions and/or discussion anytime.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by melbert on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 02:33

ladybugcngc wrote:Just to clarify there are many reasons I will not vote for Hillary.  There are many reasons why I like Gov. Huckabee.


Your Huckabee just endorsed Trump and said he's going to win.  OMG!
avatar
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19273
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : George's House

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 02:35

melbert wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:Just to clarify there are many reasons I will not vote for Hillary.  There are many reasons why I like Gov. Huckabee.


Your Huckabee just endorsed Trump and said he's going to win.  OMG!
Thanks for sharing.  I'm still going to write him in.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by Fingersandtoes on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 05:18

annemarie wrote:I was just watching the news, and  a group of reporters were talking about the election. They said that the newspapers have been instead of checking facts have simply been getting their info from social media and simply writing these things as truths. What on earth has happened to reporters doing their jobs and checking facts. 
And a lot of people actually use social media for the facts.

They're following Trump's lead. He tweets 'facts' that are total bs, then just says he found it on the internet. His fans don't cate, though, thry want to be openly racist, and trump has opened that door for them.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by carolhathaway on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 11:16

ladybugcngc wrote:Carol I don't understand your response.  You asked me several questions and I tried to extend to you an answer.  I asked you a question.   That is a discussion. 

Just to clarify there are many reasons I will not vote for Hillary.  There are many reasons why I like Gov. Huckabee.

I welcome your questions and/or discussion anytime.
Ladybug,
I interpreted your former response 'We have had this discussion on several occasions, I'm not sure what part of my stand do you not understand' as a critic on my stand. I seem to have misunderstood you, so please accept my apologize. I didn't want to critizise you, just seem to have misunderstood you. That's the problem with a non-face-to-face conversation, I guess. It's always easier to have a discussion while sitting on a table, because you see each other's face mimic and gesture and can ask immediately: "What do you mean by saying that?"

I'm sorry.
avatar
carolhathaway
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2134
Join date : 2015-03-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by fava on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 14:20

Fingersandtoes wrote:
annemarie wrote:I was just watching the news, and  a group of reporters were talking about the election. They said that the newspapers have been instead of checking facts have simply been getting their info from social media and simply writing these things as truths. What on earth has happened to reporters doing their jobs and checking facts. 
And a lot of people actually use social media for the facts.

They're following Trump's lead. He tweets 'facts' that are total bs, then just says he found it on the internet. His fans don't cate, though, thry want to be openly racist, and trump has opened that door for them.
You have to know and evaluate your sources.  A good newspaper/journal with a strong editorial policy would not do that.  Unfortunately those newspapers are quickly dying out.  I think our country will be the worse for it--especially in terms of local reporting.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by oldweston on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 14:39

I can't even. Imagine. Thugs (with guns for crying out loud) showing up at polling stations to intimidate vulnerable communities of voters. Lies stacked upon lies. Incitement to violence and hate. Abandonment of core pillars of democracy including but certainly not limited to senior government officials descending into the political arena.The most unspeakable (and ridiculous) bile and hate directed at a candidate - largely because she was born female and had the unspeakable audacity to run for the highest office in the land in one of the most powerful countries in the world. The promotion of hatred, racism and misogyny on an almost unprecedented scale.The number of voters including (apparently) large segments of the millennial community railing against the injustice of the Bernie Sanders campaign and pledging to vote for hatred and racism by casting votes for Jill Stein (you have to be kidding right?) or that stupid little man Gary whatshisname. Or for whatever ridiculous option comes to mind. And apparently they are okay with this. Hmm. We outside your borders are staring firmly in your direction with our hearts in our throats. Counting on the good, the kind, the smart, the oppressed and the just to chose the only rationale option - to send a clear and unequivocal message to the flag bears of hate and violence to go back under their rocks and stay there. This is so frightening. I struggle with how this even is even possible. How does a civilized progressive country come to this point? I am not the only one who feels that we are watching Germany in 1932. I wish I had some power to change this. Anything.

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Posts : 72
Join date : 2015-01-02
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 14:40

Very true Fava .

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 15:00

Oldweston there are a lot of people here who feel the same. I have no answer to why this has happened, I feel like Trump and his make America great again caused this. America is wonderful I'm proud to be american but we are not a perfect nation never have been. We have just as many problems as other countries, with no solutions. Trump has no solutions and people refuse to see this, he flip flops on everything he says. Or blames everyone under the sun but himself. Yet he call Hillary a liar pot calling kettle much. 
If congress wouldn't work with President Obama and he is an intelligent and articulate , man why do the people feel they will let this idiot just do what ever he likes. 
Oprah said you don't have to like Hillary she's not coming to hour house for dinner or going to be your best friend. She is going to be President and she has the knowledge and understanding of government and how it works.

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by Sevens on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 15:20

Not sure if you're interested in this survey, pretty accurate, in my observation,  to the election effect in China: 
http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:c7f6a644531fb790f8c306aa6c1829a4
avatar
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3080
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 15:47

oldweston wrote:I can't even. Imagine. Thugs (with guns for crying out loud) showing up at polling stations to intimidate vulnerable communities of voters. Lies stacked upon lies. Incitement to violence and hate. Abandonment of core pillars of democracy including but certainly not limited to senior government officials descending into the political arena.The most unspeakable (and ridiculous) bile and hate directed at a candidate - largely because she was born female and had the unspeakable audacity to run for the highest office in the land in one of the most powerful countries in the world. The promotion of hatred, racism and misogyny on an almost unprecedented scale.The number of voters including (apparently) large segments of the millennial community railing against the injustice of the Bernie Sanders campaign and pledging to vote for hatred and racism by casting votes for Jill Stein (you have to be kidding right?) or that stupid little man Gary whatshisname. Or for whatever ridiculous option comes to mind. And apparently they are okay with this. Hmm. We outside your borders are staring firmly in your direction with our hearts in our throats. Counting on the good, the kind, the smart, the oppressed and the just to chose the only rationale option - to send a clear and unequivocal message to the flag bears of hate and violence to go back under their rocks and stay there. This is so frightening. I struggle with how this even is even possible. How does a civilized progressive country come to this point? I am not the only one who feels that we are watching Germany in 1932. I wish I had some power to change this. Anything.

Your are watching 1932.  

Those who operate under the perspective they have the Biblical right, Biblical grace, Biblical flexibility, to lie, deceive, mis-lead, mis-guide, violate laws of the land, use violence to execute moral judgement have partnered with those who believe they are the righteous sent by god the avenge what they perceive to be unholy, unrighteous, and unjust.  Together they will make 1932 look like child's play. Their goal is to gain control of global wealth using violence and disrupting global financial markets.  

To change this you have to first understand this is actually happening.  Second you have to understand the factors they are using to justify their actions.  Third, to change things you have to challenge those factors and win the challenge.  Those who are in the top percentage of the 99% have been led to believe they are exempt from this take over, however they are not.

When it comes to the U.S. Presidential election, Trump is a wrench thrown into their plan; he is an outsider.  If he wins they still have a big problem on their hands.  Even if they murder him, they are still left with an outsider.

I think Sec. Clinton is well aware this is happening.  However, unfortunately I believe she is seen by these groups as dispensable.  Her running mate is more than likely suited for their plans.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by oldweston on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 16:13

Last comment for I disappear back under my comfortable rock :-) I left several thing off my list for the current insanity meter. That would be conspiracy theories. Sorry -not buying.

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Posts : 72
Join date : 2015-01-02
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 16:25

You can always tell when the comments about him are really getting to Trump. He levels the same charges against Clinton. The other day he said again that she is "unstable." He deflects and projects. The man is emotionally clinically pathological.

And how funny is it that Melania would work to combat cyberbullying... because the world has gotten "too mean"? Roll over in bed and start with that guy, honey.

Way2Old4Dis
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 16:33

ladybugcngc wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:Ladybugs: The cost of living has more doubled or tripled in 8 years? Do you want to stick by that?

 Way 2 I'm going to amend my numbers over the last eight years to: 50% to 100% ACROSS THE BOARD and in some areas 200%.


Last edited by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 16:51; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 16:35

oldweston wrote:Last comment for I disappear back under my comfortable rock :-) I left several thing off my list for the current insanity meter. That would be conspiracy theories. Sorry -not buying.

If you can find a rock big enough you might be safe.  Jesus is always a good place.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by Fingersandtoes on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 17:46

With trump, it's like dealing with a toddler, but with a very entitled, rich man's ego.

Fingersandtoes
Clooney Addict

Posts : 177
Join date : 2016-02-27

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 17:52

ladybugcngc wrote:
oldweston wrote:Last comment for I disappear back under my comfortable rock :-) I left several thing off my list for the current insanity meter. That would be conspiracy theories. Sorry -not buying.

If you can find a rock big enough you might be safe.  Jesus is always a good place.

Unless you're Jewish. Or Muslim. Or atheist. Or Buddhist. Or Baha'i. Or agnostic. Or...

Way2Old4Dis
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2280
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 17:56

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:
oldweston wrote:Last comment for I disappear back under my comfortable rock :-) I left several thing off my list for the current insanity meter. That would be conspiracy theories. Sorry -not buying.

If you can find a rock big enough you might be safe.  Jesus is always a good place.

Unless you're Jewish. Or Muslim. Or atheist. Or Buddhist. Or Baha'i. Or agnostic. Or...

Exactly.  They might want to start searching for a large rock.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by LizzyNY on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 19:09

ladybugcngc wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:
ladybugcngc wrote:
If you can find a rock big enough you might be safe.  Jesus is always a good place.

Unless you're Jewish. Or Muslim. Or atheist. Or Buddhist. Or Baha'i. Or agnostic. Or...

Exactly.  They might want to start searching for a large rock.
"They"? And what exactly is it that you think "they" need to hide from? You? And why exactly do you think that you have no need to hide? It is my observation that many in this country who profess to be good Christians don't know the first thing about the teachings of Jesus.
avatar
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4648
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 19:33

Lizzy -
oldweston wrote:Last comment for I disappear back under my comfortable rock :-) I left several thing off my list for the current insanity meter. That would be conspiracy theories. Sorry -not buying.
ladybugcngc wrote: If you can find a rock big enough you might be safe.  Jesus is always a good place. 
Way2Old4Dis:  wrote: Unless you're Jewish. Or Muslim. Or atheist. Or Buddhist. Or Baha'i. Or agnostic. Or...

ladybugcngc: Exactly.  They might want to start searching for a large rock.


Lizzy - I don't know what you think I have written here that is not consistent with the teachings of Jesus.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by fava on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 21:52

My husband and I have discussed this sort of irrational hatred of Hillary.  She seems to be more reviled than Bill by the hard and alt-right.  Is it irrational because at heart much of it is sexist?  Ambition in a woman seems to be very threatening and seen as abnormal by some of these folks.  People seems to accept that men run for office because they are ambitious and want to make a positive change.  Women's motivation seems to be questioned and suspicious.  

I know the dog whistles of "lack of stamina" and "doesn't look presidential" are basically sexism.  I am also bothered by how much women get blamed for the actions of the men around them.  We need to stop defining women on the basis of the men around them or their relationships! We do not do that to men.  (and it seems clear to me, at least, that Melanie is a total trophy wife who has little or no influence on her husband and who seems not to even know him very well.  Never heard one anecdote or story from her on why he is a good person.  He clearly disrespects her.  She must really lose out in that pre-nup)

So how much of it is sexism?


Last edited by fava on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 21:53; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 22:18

Fava - Everyone on here seems to be supporting Hillary Clinton.  I have stated many reasons why I do not support her, none of them are because she is a woman.  I find your argument interesting since Hillary was able to beat Bernie Sanders in the primaries.

I understand over the last 16 years U.S. Oil/Corporate business has actually ran the country and they have a VERY set agenda and direction.  I have watched it unfold both republican and democrat.

I actually think Hillary has played their game during the election process, however I don't think she has any intention on following their agenda once she is elected.  U.S. Oil Corporate Business know that.  If she is elected I don't think she will live to see her inauguration.  She does not deserve that.  I do believe Hillary's running mate is more than likely suited to carry on the agenda set over the last 16 year.  If Hillary wins Heaven help us ALL.

The Republican party overall has NOT embraced Trump.  It is the public that seems to like Trump.  We would have to see what happens if he wins.


Last edited by ladybugcngc on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 22:41; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by fava on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 22:37

ladybugcngc wrote:Fave - Everyone on here seems to be supporting Hillary Clinton. 

I understand over the last 16 years U.S. Oil/Corporate business has actually ran the country and they have a VERY set agenda on their direction.

I actually think Hillary has played their game during the election process, however I don't think she has any intention on following their agenda once she is elected.  Corporate Business know that.  If she is elected I don't think she will live to see her inauguration.  She does not deserve that.  I do believe Hillary's  mate is more than likely suited to carry on the agenda set over the last 16 years.
Well the other realistic choice is totally untenable and I believe in principles like equality for women and LGBT people, immigration reform, reproductive rights, separation of church and state, gun control, combating racial bias, setting aside more US land for national parks and monuments, and efforts to combat climate change.  Among many other things.  

Can you give me some specific examples of "U.S. Oil/Corporate business" actually running the country for 16 years?  And what do you see as her "true" agenda?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1154
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by party animal - not! on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 22:43

Just a quick observation/question from the other side of the pond.

Are we including Dick Cheney and Haliburton and Iraq oil pipelines as one of the US oil corporations?

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8785
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by LizzyNY on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 22:45

Ladybug - It is my understanding that one of the most important teachings of Jesus (if not the most important) is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Is that what you are proposing regarding the refugees and immigrants around the world who are desperately seeking a safe place to live? Or does it only apply to other Christians? Or certain kinds of Christians? Or Christians from a certain part of the world?

It makes me very sad to see how frightened you are of the rest of the world.
avatar
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4648
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by annemarie on Sat 05 Nov 2016, 23:40

If President Obama hasn't been killed , I don't believe Hillary will be. Why should anyone hurt her we have congress who have shown repeatedly they will only do what they want . The only threat she faces is from Trump's crazies and since the Secret Service have kept our President a live for the nearly eight years I believe they will be able to do the same for America's first woman President.

annemarie
It's all gone a bit Clooney!

Posts : 5159
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 00:37

fava wrote:
Can you give me some specific examples of "U.S. Oil/Corporate business" actually running the country for 16 years?  And what do you see as her "true" agenda?
U. S. Oil Corporate Business:


Control the news media (T.V. and Print). Food Distribution – (set prices, control distribution, lately OWN and CONTROL supply-UNTHINKABLE) Utilities – Privately owned and rates continue to rise  Housing (rents) increased with no bounds.  Nothing renters can do. Insurance- my car insurance increased even though my car is getting older and less risk.  Please explain to me how people we have elected and regulate insurance sit back and let that happen.


Please don’t let me talked about what happened in the Real Estate industry (Bush Administration) – and the 800 billion dollar bank bail-out President Obama supported.  He stood before Congress and said it was the “right” thing to do.  No clue, whoever wrote his speech was referring to the “conservative right” thing to do.


I want to share this as an example of how our elected officials have not set policy to help the people they represent.
I bought an airline ticket, I was late and missed my flight.  The airline said I had to pay double if I wanted to get the next flight and they would not refund money for my return ticket.  I don’t fly very much, I had no idea there was an airline that operates in this manner.  You might say well I should have been on time.  That argument would hold true if they refund my ticket money when they are late.  This industry is regulated by Congress, how is this allowed to happen.  Why aren’t they saying you can’t do that to the people we represent.


I am aware some of the examples I’ve given you are a result of the free enterprise system we as a country operate under.  The truth is U.S. Oil/Corporate Business have found I way to manipulate this system by setting prices at the same rate.  Example: all the major grocery chains (Ralphs, Vons, and Albertson’s) raise and set the prices at the same rate.  We as consumers are forced to pay that rate or go to less trust worthy markets.  I’ve seen this in the cable industry, insurance industry, gas prices etc. just to name a few.  I understand because we live in a capitalistic/free enterprise system, there is very little elected officials can do about this phenomenon.  “We the people” are subjected to this kind of oppressive behavior.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
“Her true agenda”?  Unfortunately, if she wins I don’t think she will make it to her inauguration, we will never know.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Fava – In my view, the agenda of U.S. Oil/Corporate Business is to cut out the middle class.  Their actions over the last 16 years have proven that.   The top 1-2 percent of the 99% has been led to believe they will be exempt; the truth is they will not.  (My answer to Old Westen explains my thoughts on that).


Bottom Line:  I think we both agree, we want what is best for our country and abroad.  You and I clearly have differing views on how to achieve that.  I welcome the discussion as well as extend my hand to agree to disagree.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 02:40

annemarie wrote:If President Obama hasn't been killed , I don't believe Hillary will be. Why should anyone hurt her we have congress who have shown repeatedly they will only do what they want . The only threat she faces is from Trump's crazies and since the Secret Service have kept our President a live for the nearly eight years I believe they will be able to do the same for America's first woman President.
President Obama has done everything U.S. Oil Corporate Business has asked of him; he has been their greatest asset.  Hillary has no intention of allowing U.S. Oil Corporate Business run her.  Because of that, I don't think she will make it to her inauguration.  
They might blame it on Trump crazies.

Since you brought this up, I do believe after the election and before President Obama leaves office,  they plan to impose violence to this country. 
to avenge Osama bin Ladan's death. 


Just my thought.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 02:44

LizzyNY wrote:Ladybug - It is my understanding that one of the most important teachings of Jesus (if not the most important) is the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Is that what you are proposing regarding the refugees and immigrants around the world who are desperately seeking a safe place to live? Or does it only apply to other Christians? Or certain kinds of Christians? Or Christians from a certain part of the world?

It makes me very sad to see how frightened you are of the rest of the world.
Lizzy - Carol, asked me similar questions.  I encourage you to read that post.  If there is something you still do not understand maybe there is a way I can explain it better.


I have explained in other posts, I do believe we as a country can assist them in finding other countries, that may be a better fit.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by ladybugcngc on Sun 06 Nov 2016, 02:48

party animal - not! wrote:Just a quick observation/question from the other side of the pond.

Are we including Dick Cheney and Haliburton and Iraq oil pipelines as one of the US oil corporations?
PAN - I really want to know, if you think Dick Dick Cheney and Haliburton and Iraq oil pipelines are one of the US oil corporations affiliates.  Please share your thoughts.
avatar
ladybugcngc
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 806
Join date : 2016-05-26

Back to top Go down

Re: The Serious Side

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum