Sun Nov 27 2016, 03:58 by ladybugcngc

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

A Magnum P.I. movie remake is currently in the works

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A Magnum P.I. movie remake is currently in the works

Post by Guest on Tue Jun 07 2011, 14:53

George as Magnum P.I. ? Gunslinger

Indiana Jones with a moustache? Tom Selleck's screen test for the role that made Harrison Ford famous
By Debbie Emery

Last updated at 12:54 PM on 7th June 2011

He is known around the world as the Hawaiian-shirt-wearing private investigator in Magnum P.I. but Tom Selleck has been haunted for the past 20 years by a role that he decided to turn down.
Newly released photos show the moustached television star auditioning for the part of adventurer and archaeologist, Indiana Jones.
Dressed in the famous hat and leather jacket that Harrison Ford later wore the hit franchise's four films, Selleck is pictured auditioning for the lead role in 1981’s Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

Selleck, now 66, was actually offered the role that rocketed Ford to fame and made him a household name, but he turned it down in favour of playing Thomas Magnum in the cult television series.
The then unknown 6’3” actor anguished over the career-changing decision but had just signed a contract with Universal Studios to play Magnum and producers wouldn’t release him for other roles so he was forced to pass the film over.
Ironically, shooting on the Hawaii-based series was delayed for over six months because of a writers' strike so Selleck could have shot Raiders Of The Lost Ark after all without affecting filming.

Selleck went on star in numerous hit films such including 3 Men and a Baby and Her Alibi but never achieved the Hollywood stardom – or multi-million dollar pay cheques - that Ford enjoyed after winning the role of Indy in the block-buster films.
Magnum P.I. ran for eight years on small screens across the world, and since it went off the airways in 1988 its star has appeared in similar shows such as Las Vegas and Blue Bloods.
Along with his signature moustache, the iconic character of Magnum was famous for wearing garish Hawaiian shirts, a Detroit Tigers baseball cap and driving a hot red Ferrari.
A Magnum P.I. movie remake is currently in the works with rumours in Hollywood that George Clooney and Ashton Kutcher are battling for the part.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1395085/Indiana-Jones-moustache-Tom-Selleck-offered-role-Harrison-Ford-famous.html#ixzz1Ob7Z1Kpa

Last edited by Cinderella on Tue Jun 07 2011, 14:59; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Close quote)

Back to top Go down

Re: A Magnum P.I. movie remake is currently in the works

Post by lucy on Tue Jun 07 2011, 15:03

As a choice between George & Ashton------------ George please, Ashton will just cheapen the remake IMO.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Tue Jun 07 2011, 15:18

Indeed NO Ashton, NO Ashton and I don't want an Ashton in Two and a half man either ! Beaten

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle on Tue Jun 07 2011, 15:54

That's a strange battle. Besides being different types there is the age difference. Can't see Ashton at all.

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante on Tue Jun 07 2011, 16:05

They should cast the old crew, THAT would be funny. Is everyone still alive ???

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy on Tue Jun 07 2011, 16:45

Tom Sellick is a honey, but Gee would be much better to watch because of the humour aspects. Just less chest hair on offer!! small price to pay IMO!!!!

fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq on Wed Jun 08 2011, 02:38

lucy wrote:As a choice between George & Ashton------------ George please, Ashton will just cheapen the remake IMO.
I agree!

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha on Wed Jun 08 2011, 02:54

I want George, because there just can't be enough films with him!

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Wed Jun 08 2011, 05:59

Whoever plays the role of Magnum needs to be a grown man, when I see Ashton I still think of a boy.Maybe I can't get the character from that 70's show out of my mind,that makes me see him as a boy.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin on Wed Jun 08 2011, 07:20

This has been rumoured a few times in the last couple of years...these posts are from CU....

FRIDAY, JANUARY 19TH, 2007,

Re: Clooney or McConaughy as Magnum PI?
Here we go again, last year it was George or Vince Vaughn.

Clooney prepares for battle.
George Clooney has a battle on his hands and is heading towards a Magnum style shoot-out with Vince Vaughn.

When it comes to winning a movie role Hollywood"s elite can get nasty, and this time it"s Gorgeous George getting ready for battle.

The Oscar winning actor is going head to head with Vince to try and land the coveted role of Magnum Pi in the forthcoming remake.

Tom Selleck played the super cool detective in the original TV series and the fisticuffs are set to begin as the two top actors fight to take his place.

George has been top of the list for a while, but with Vince getting more publicity due to his alleged relationship with a certain Jennifer Aniston, bets are now being taken on him adopting the legendary moustache.

Vince does has an advantage over Goerge - his Dodgeball pals are behind the new flick.

The scriptwriter for the new Magnum flick also wrote Dodgeball, the 2004 hit movie which Vince starred in alongside Ben Stiller.

According to movie spies, George is still the current favourite, but Vince certainly isn"t out of the running.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

FRIDAY, MAY 21ST, 2010, 12:42 AM POST: #2
sisieq

Re: Magnum
Quote:
Ashton Kutcher could be replacing George Clooney if he plays his cards right! Clooney was reportedly approached for the role, but turned it down.

:sick21: I don"t like Ashton in anything. He always looks like he needs to wash his hair.

Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi on Wed Jun 08 2011, 12:22

Ashton doesn't have enough hair on his chest. LOL

Seriously, I don't think these movie remakes of TV series do very well.
Starsky and Hutch was good but it was more of a parody of the original series and we got to see David Soul and Paul Michael Glasser in a cameo appearance at the end.

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Wed Jun 08 2011, 12:33

Not that George wouldn't make a great PI, and even though these projects take years to develop, George could be 60 by the time this happen.Might as well get Tom Selleck to play Magnum PI.

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin on Wed Jun 08 2011, 14:31

Yes...since it was first talked about I've thought Tom Selleck should do it ...still looks fine to me....

Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy on Wed Jun 08 2011, 14:36

@ Merlin, he is a fine man!

lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sandwiches on Wed Jun 08 2011, 17:30

I really wish they would stop doing remakes of old TV shows. I don't see George wanting to be a part of it, but who knows.

sandwiches
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 14:34

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum