George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere

+16
SideEyeSally
isogotit
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
annemarie
melbert
Sevens
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
hathaross
Joanna
fava
Katiedot
PigPen
Had.e6
Vilma
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere

Post by annemarie Sun 14 Feb 2016, 15:20

There is a premiere in Glasgow on Wednesday.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal on the red carpet for Hail Caesar Berlin Film Fest premiere

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Feb 2016, 17:24

Katiedot wrote:
annemarie wrote:I think today's young stars should take notes from George he just works the carpet no star attitude.
PigPen wrote:too bad Amal doesn't!!  just my opinion, folks.
Alright, I've got to ask: what on earth did she do wrong?  As far as I can see, she turned up, wore a great dress, didn't do any weird makeup, hairstyle or accessories; stood next to her husband and smiled for the cameas as requested and then left him to walk the red carpet and do the fan stuff by himself.  If that isn't the definition of perfect behaviour, what is?
Katie,  it's not that she did anything "wrong", per si... it's the "I'm not a celebrity" crap that is boiling my blood.  When you pose solo for the paps- you're behaving like a celebrity.  She poses quite well- has been taught. By whom she was taught I care not.     Some of you continue to say she's a smart/strong woman , If she didn't want to do pose, she'd put her foot down, yes??

But she appears to be enjoying it ....So fine- go with it Amal.  Enjoy every moment- but stop trying to convince the world you're not a celebrity.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Feb 2016, 17:52

She actually doesn't have a lot of choice, Pigpen.

If she goes to a film premiere with her husband (because as we know he likes to have her there) she stands with him for the paps - and don't know if anyone else noticed but Berlinale seem to have huge numbers of them from all over Europe. You can see her say to George as she gets out the car 'wow') but somehow she has to get off the thing while he does the chats with all the outlets and greets the fans. In that walk, which roughly speaking lasts a minute, the paps continually yell at her to stop.

Of course, the alternative for her is not to be there........

It's a question of defining the word celebrity and all that goes with it. isn't it? Would we say politicians are celebrities....?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 16 Feb 2016, 18:14

Agree to disagree PAN.  Agree to disagree.

Posing with hubby, I understand.  Doing the solo crap.... Evil or Very Mad  Look at Me Look at Me..

So, again I say., agree to disagree.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 16 Feb 2016, 18:20

Yes, Pan she does seem shocked by the number of photographers that are there. She poses because she is asked, Josh broslin's fiancee posed also, as did Channing's wife in Los Angeles. This is a big night for George and it would be rude to not pose when asked. 

She is George's wife and the paps want pictures of her.  I don't think that makes her a celebrity the press and public have put that title on her.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 16 Feb 2016, 19:01

I don't consider she is posing for the "paps."  The red carpet is press photographers.  They are they as part of the PR for the movie.  I'm not saying she doesn't like doing it, because I don't know if she does or not, but it would be churlish for her to refuse.  And she would probably draw more attention by doing so and be called a diva who is too good to support her husbands career.  She can't win unless she chooses not to walk the carpet at all.  Plus if she is getting gowns loaned to her, part of the deal is being photographed in them or the designer gets no publicity from it.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 16 Feb 2016, 19:07

Exactly her saying no would look bad for George why is his wife too good to pose.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 16 Feb 2016, 19:48

Amal has become famous in her own right now.  And the press wants to get pics of her and her fashion on the carpet.  Amal has always seemed comfortable being photographed.  That doesn't mean that she is craving attention.  She's accepting of it because of who she married, for her work and her fashion.  

She is a celebrity in her own right now.  I think she is very well aware of that and accepts it.  And I think she has handled it very well.

Some obviously perceive her behavior as "look at me. I'm special. Me, me me".

I see a confident woman, who loves being with George and wants to enjoy the moment, look her best for herself and for him.  If I were in Amal's shoes I would want to be as self-assured as she is.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue 16 Feb 2016, 19:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Had.e6 Tue 16 Feb 2016, 20:03

PigPen wrote:Agree to disagree PAN.  Agree to disagree.

Posing with hubby, I understand.  Doing the solo crap.... Evil or Very Mad  Look at Me Look at Me..

So, again I say., agree to disagree.
She is not supporting her hubby if she stands in a wrong way , she need to pos with her husband but she has the right to leave and let George gives the interviews . it's a demand to be great in the red carpet , and it's acceptable to leave the red carpet . so she is not pretending that she is not celebrity and acting like one . she is posing in the right way to make her husband look good , and leaving in the right time cause she is not seeking for attention .
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 16 Feb 2016, 21:21

I think she did the best thing she could under the circumstances. She's well aware that she's not a celebrity, but she also knows that being married to George Clooney makes her one, whether she wants to be one or not. It seems to me she deals with it with good grace.

As she went down the red carpet, photographers asked her to pose for photos, so she did. And I think she did a good job at it. If she hadn't, we'd all be saying what a bitch she is.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 16 Feb 2016, 23:24

Glasgow now ?
Really?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 16 Feb 2016, 23:30

No, not necessarily. No guest list yet.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 16 Feb 2016, 23:33

Hm

Right

Saw this only

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 Feb 2016, 01:27

Do you really think he'll be there for the premier in Glasgow tomorrow? I'm thinking he might fly in for it and then fly back to Miami for Cindy's birthday party. I don't think he'd want to miss it, as 50 is a big deal and they'll probably have a huge party for her. Maybe Amal will come back with him for that.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 17 Feb 2016, 02:06

Mm, well, I don't think so so much now. Think we'd know about it by now. Maybe Tilda Swinton will be there. She lives in Nairn...

Do we know for a fact there's a party in Miami - or is this the Mail flying their usual sort of kite? Thought it was a distributors meeting on the 15th..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 17 Feb 2016, 02:14

People says it was a business meeting for Casamigos. I don't get Cindy having a party in Miami when they have homes in Los Angeles, New York and Mexico. The mail just assumed I think it was a party when they saw the tequila. We will know on Saturday for sure.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 Feb 2016, 03:38

The party may not be in Miami, but can you really see her not having a party somewhere? And if she does, can you see George skipping it? After all, a 50th birthday is a pretty big deal and they are best friends.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 17 Feb 2016, 04:38

If Cindy's birthday is on the 20th (Saturday) seems like it's a bit early for celebrating. For a 50th birthday I would think Cindy and Rande would want to be in LA with family and friends. Maybe George was heading back to London and was taking a case or two with him. I'm sure his supply runs low regularly.

Anyway guess we will have to wait until Saturday to see what's what.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by yamcha Sat 20 Feb 2016, 20:23

Who is the creator of Amal's earrings in Berlin Premiere ?

yamcha
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 20 Feb 2016, 20:39

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Berlin Film Festival Winners: Refugee Doc 'Fire At Sea' Takes Golden Bear
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 21 Feb 2016, 01:51

yamcha wrote:Who is the creator of Amal's earrings in Berlin Premiere ?

Doesn't George have an "in" with Lorraine Schwartz?  My money's on that.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 21 Feb 2016, 09:34

yamcha wrote:Who is the creator of Amal's earrings in Berlin Premiere ?
Yamcha,
welcome to COH!
Maybe you should check the site dedicated to her fashion. The woman who runs it is quite good in finding her clothes, jewelry, shoes and bags.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 Feb 2016, 09:44

Nope, Amals style site hasn't found them either.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:51

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 26 Feb 2017, 13:43

Donnamarie wrote:Amal has become famous in her own right now.  And the press wants to get pics of her and her fashion on the carpet.  Amal has always seemed comfortable being photographed.  That doesn't mean that she is craving attention.  She's accepting of it because of who she married, for her work and her fashion.  

She is a celebrity in her own right now.  I think she is very well aware of that and accepts it.  And I think she has handled it very well.

Some obviously perceive her behavior as "look at me. I'm special. Me, me me".

sunny sunny sunny sunny It's Sunday morning so I'm a bit late coming to these comments. But the thoughts running through my brain as I read the negative comments are exactly as expressed here in Donnamarie's last comments !

LOL..... If any of us here were in Amal's place then I'm sure we would behave exactly
as she has done too. LOL.  

Katie.....you have summed it all up perfectly.

Ain't we a strange lot here ???

While writing this I'm listening to my hubby strumming away on his guitar.

Perfect.

Have a good day all. X X    sunny sunny sunny

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2