George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal

+15
carolhathaway
Tulips
Katiedot
it's me
Alisonfan
Donnamarie
annemarie
party animal - not!
melbert
starlove
Joanna
LizzyNY
Sevens
Had.e6
PigPen
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal

Post by annemarie Wed 10 Feb 2016, 21:27

I didn't put his first wife down , no one said he didn't love her the bottom line is he was not ready and it didn't work. They couldn't make it work.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Details of How he Propsed to Amal

Post by Donnamarie Wed 10 Feb 2016, 22:07

I don't think anyone is putting Talia down at all.  But it was a very different time in George's life.  And from what I have read about their relationship that he has been willing to discuss he blames himself for not making it work.  This is just my opinion but from what I read I don't think George was committed to that relationship in any way that comes close to his commitment to his marriage to Amal.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Wed 10 Feb 2016, 22:58

Well ,you don't but i do!

starlove
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 11 Feb 2016, 00:18

carolhathaway wrote:
party animal - not! wrote:And somewhere on here is an interview with Kimberley Russell telling exactly what it was like to be dating Mr Clooney..........

Thanks for that! I just found it cand really enjoyed reading!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Btw
Take a look

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 11 Feb 2016, 06:47

George's relationship to Kimberly Russell was finished 17 years ago, and his marriage with Talia had  ended before.

So do we really discuss now these relationships in comparison to his marriage with Amal? People evolve, mature and change their minds. I saw a few interviews where George talks about his failed marriage and took the blame for its fail. I guess most people don't get married to say: "Well, if it doesn't work we can always divorce in a year." Especially when you're educated in a strict catholic family it may not be the easiest thing to admit that you failed.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 11 Feb 2016, 10:50

True I think his up bringing and desire to make it work helped them to stay together much longer . Unlike, today's 72 day marriages .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 11 Feb 2016, 14:11

starlove wrote:p.s when someone feel pushed in marriage or it was mistake he divorce in less than six months not 4 years like Kim K and many other Celebs and normal people.
You're entitled to your own opinion, but you're not entitled to your own facts.  George and Talia separated after about a year and a half together.  They took a little longer to do the divorce papers, but the marriage wasn't long.  It certainly wasn't four years. Story here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Fri 19 Feb 2016, 03:44

Marriage wasn't long but their relationship was .how long they dated/loved each other before getting married was longer,he said they were together then broke up for a while and Talia dated someone else then they are together again and he asked to marry her and went to LV.
am not making up facts it's an interview with George somewhere!

starlove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 19 Feb 2016, 04:52

And George was with Kelly and then got back with Talia.  What's your point Starlove?  We know this already.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleZoe Sat 20 Feb 2016, 17:13

DoubleZoe
DoubleZoe
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 Feb 2016, 17:20

Many people breakup and try to go back it will not last which it did not in George's case the reason you broke up doesn't magically disappear because you give it another try. If you are not meant to be together and aren't ready for marriage which in my opinion George was not it will not work . He tried but in the end it had to end.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 20 Feb 2016, 22:46

Thank you, DoubleZoe - and wow!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Sat 20 Feb 2016, 22:55

Is anyone able to post the article for DoubleZoe's link? When I click on the link, it takes me to the express and there is no article.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 20 Feb 2016, 23:03

Here it is again, Tulips. Hope it works

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 Feb 2016, 23:14

The article is gone .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 20 Feb 2016, 23:15

Pan what did he say your wow has me curious.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 21 Feb 2016, 01:45

And that's what happens when you don't post the articles!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 21 Feb 2016, 02:04

Works for me - maybe it's just for the UK edition.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Sun 21 Feb 2016, 02:14

Can someone in the uk post the article? Link doesn't work in my country.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by starlove Sun 21 Feb 2016, 09:32

melbert wrote:And George was with Kelly and then got back with Talia.  What's your point Starlove?  We know this already.
My point is not giving up my mind and my point is not looking at ex wife of someone as just unimportant fling/relationship ,just because she is his ex wife , i already know that .talking about all girls and ex wife of George as very stupid non important is actually stupid and low class if that talk from George or anyone else!

George can speak about his love all the time he wants to but no man in history speak about his wedding and love only when the alarm of promoting his films rings after two years or even more if you count the time before the engagement ,that's eye rolling and not romantic at all  !! Exclamation

starlove

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 21 Feb 2016, 14:53

Actor reveals marriage had never been on his mind before he met lawyer Amal

By Alana Anderson
Saturday 20 Feb 2016 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

GEORGE Clooney has opened up about the moment he proposed to his wife Amal.
The film star revealed that the idea of marriage hadn't entered his mind until he met Amal at a charity fundraising event in 2013.

George Clooney has opened up about his marriage to wife Amal [Reuters]
Speaking exclusively to OK! magazine, George revealed how marriage has changed his life.
"Getting married had never been been on my agenda," the 54 year old admitted.

Related article: Amal Clooney takes the spotlight alongside George at LA premiere of his film Hail, Caesar!
Related article: George Clooney and wife Amal adopt a new addition into their family

"But then I met Amal and I knew that this was the woman I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. There was no doubt. I just hoped that she felt the same way about me."
The couple, who got engaged after 1 year of dating, were officially married in September 2014 in Venice.

The Hollywood actor admitted that he's never been happier since marrying Amal [Getty] 
George admits that he never had marriage on his mind, however, saying the couple had never discussed the idea.
"Honestly, we never talked about marriage. But then I simply asked her. That was one of those moments where you don't know what's going to happen.

The actor admitted that marriage had never been on his mind before Amal [Wenn]
"Maybe she's going to say: 'Are you crazy? I thought we just wanted to have fun with each other, and now you're suddenly serious.'"
Opening up about life after the pair got married, the actor didn't hold back when it comes to expressing the love he has for his wife.

"I've never been happier. Both professionally and personally. From the first day I met Amal, I began preparing for the most important phase in my life. 
"For me there is no greater joy in the world than the idea that we're going to stay together forever. Never did I ever dream that I would have such a beautiful, successful and fulfilling life and also be able to find a woman as wonderful as Amal."

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 Feb 2016, 14:59

Thank you Doug Ross.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Sun 21 Feb 2016, 15:01

Thanks Doug Ross

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 Feb 2016, 15:10

This is taken from an article in the middle east Hello . He talks about marriage making Hail Ceasar and strong women.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 21 Feb 2016, 16:26

You're welcome, girls Very Happy

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 21 Feb 2016, 18:52

(a) This does not strike me as George's phrasing, even if it expresses now-familiar sentiments, and 
(b) isn't 'OK!' magazine one of the worst 'George is divorcing/Amal is pregnant' offenders? Why would he grant them an "exclusive interview?"

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 21 Feb 2016, 19:36

I don't think he did give them the interview , the things stated are from the interview in Hello middle east magazine it reads word for word as the Hello interview. They left out other parts 
of the interview.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 21 Feb 2016, 19:56

I think this is the usual lost-in-translation stuff from interviews at group junkets of press from around the world at the time of a film's release and then circulated and re-interpreted to all the different editions. And Splash seems to be involved on this one too.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 21 Feb 2016, 21:58

Yep. Many of George's quotes came from the Hello article and Ok! pieced his quotes together to enhance their article. But the sentiment is basically the same.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 21 Feb 2016, 22:20

So true, Donnamarie. OK does not have the length and breadth of stories or exclusives, but seems to borrow and edit others presumably to reduce budgets.

Or to put it another way, seem to do stuff on the cheap.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 22 Feb 2016, 01:16

"The couple, who got engaged after 1 year of dating, were officially married in September 2014 in Venice."

That kind of ruins HIS timeline of when they met, eh?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 22 Feb 2016, 04:16

O.k borrowed this info and put the wrong engagement info and didn't bother too check it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 22 Feb 2016, 04:31

annemarie wrote:O.k borrowed this info and put the wrong engagement info and didn't bother too check it.

Exactly. The quote from the article is Ok's assertion. Not George's. As we discussed earlier this article seems to be a piecemeal of George quotes and Ok! info they probably gathered from past news stories.

I don't think George has ever been quoted as saying he met Amal at a charity event. Has anyone here ever seen that quote from him? Or heard him say it? I could be wrong. As far as I know he has said that they met in Como through a friend of a friend. But Ok is claiming, which other news stories have in the past that they met at a charity event.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 22 Feb 2016, 06:34

I guess that's just the usual stuff, copied from various articles. I read quite a few articles in German magazines about his Berlin visit, and the answers and quotes are always the same, word by word. But every magazine claims an 'exclusive interview' although they never have pictures of the interview. I often get the feeling that many aspects get lost in the translation - not thinking about the usual jokes George cracks and that some reporters just don't get, either because they don't know George's sense of humor, or because their English is just not good enough...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2