I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney's work in supporting ex-Maldives president Nasheed

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Amal Clooney's work in supporting ex-Maldives president Nasheed

Post by Alisonfan on Tue Jun 14 2016, 19:23

Amal not lie? She hoodwink. She hoodwink George? many say Amal exaggerate all.is that a hoodwink?

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen on Wed Jun 15 2016, 13:41

party animal - not! wrote:Gosh, Pigpen, I'm impressed that you seem very sure about all this

Do you mean that you think Amal, Jared Genser and Nasheed's legal team completely hoodwinked and misled the British prime minister, the UK government, the American Secretary of State, the Sri Lanka Government, the Indian government, the UN and many other members of state from the free world?
Just voicing my opinion.

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Wed Jun 15 2016, 16:33

More likely everyone involved brokered a private deal and the only ones being hoodwinked are the public.

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Wed Jun 15 2016, 18:08

LizzyNY wrote:More likely everyone involved brokered a private deal and the only ones being hoodwinked are the public.
Lizzy,
I said a few times that there might have been an agreement between the Maldives government and Nasheed/his lawyers. 

I don't know if this means 'hoodwink the public' because then every deal with one accused to get a testimony to get the man in charge (sorry, I don't know the vocabulary for that) or even the leniency policy would mean to hoodwink the public.
That's one common way of jurisprudence...

carolhathaway
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed Jun 15 2016, 19:38

carolhathaway Ive been thinking about this case the last couple of days because of the discussion here.  And the more I think about it the more I think that what you said about "an agreement" is what happened.  
It's just my opinion but seems to me more than anything that the Maldives wanted to rid themselves of Nasheed without "losing face" .... admitting that he was improperly tried and sentenced.  The government had been getting a lot criticism and negative press.  From international courts, other countries, human rights groups and the U.S. government.  So they played the arrangement as if Nasheed would willingly come back but knew that he wasn't, and that was fine with them.  They could officially criticize him for not sticking to the agreement but they were just as happy not to have to deal with any further attention.  They clearly didn't make too much of his not returning other than to make an official statement. That's my current thinking right now. But still none of know enough to make any exact determination.

Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say on Thu Jun 16 2016, 21:02

I know it must look like I really don't like the present Mrs Clooney....to this day, and from the very start I have felt that her master stroke is being an exceptionally "likeable?" package, almost too perfect....on the outside.....

My gut...my God given gut tells me there is more to this package....it makes me fearful....It's like a guy you might be totally into, and then he does something that knocks you, something simple like NOT leave a tip for a waitress....and suddenly  you see a side you don't want to see....so simple but you see it and you don't like it....This is my relationship with Amal....Nasheed is the "tip" that wasn't left, as was Gaddafi's henchmen....The gratuity that was withheld.....the not nice.....Do it once, it's a mistake.....do it twice, I'm on it.....Do it three times.....

I can't find it in my heart to turn a blind eye....I've tried.....So many "pro's"....but the pro's become voided by the simplest of "cons".......

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:06

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum