George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football

+2
Katiedot
melbert
6 posters

Go down

NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football Empty NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football

Post by melbert Sat 26 Dec 2015, 18:46

George's new production company with wife Amal?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football

The Associated Press

The NFL Network series "Timeline" is examining how pro football helped the American hostages in Iran nearly 36 years ago.
The episode, "America's Game and the Iran Hostage Crisis," was created by George Clooney's Bluesmoke Productions and directed by actor Tate Donovan, who was in the Academy Award-winning film "Argo." It depicts how some smuggled-in audio tapes of Washington Redskins games and a Super Bowl helped keep the hostages connected to America during their captivity.

On Jan. 20, 1980, as the Steelers and Rams took the field at the Rose Bowl for the Super Bowl, an enterprising reporter made a long-distance telephone call from a Tehran hotel to a radio station engineer in Los Angeles. Over the phone, they made a crude audio-cassette recording of the game, which he planned to smuggle into the Tehran embassy for the hostages to hear.

Three weeks after Pittsburgh's 31-19 win, that cassette player was taken to the embassy by newsman Alex Paen, who was a go-between among the hostages, the Iraqis, and the outside world. That recording, along with copies of The Sporting News — which were not censored and were allowed into the embassy — and the Redskins' tapes became a way for the captives to be connected to America.

The film ultimately builds to the next Super Bowl in New Orleans, which celebrated the hostages' release, symbolized by the giant yellow ribbon on the Superdome.

Read more here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football Empty Re: NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football

Post by Katiedot Sat 26 Dec 2015, 21:16

I think more likely they got the name of George's production company wrong, surely?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football Empty Re: NFLN's "Timeline" tells story of hostages and football

Post by annemarie Sat 26 Dec 2015, 21:49

They probably got the name wrong and why would this have anything to do with Amal , the article says Georges production company.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Dec 2015, 23:48

I saw another article (that I can't find now - dammit), that did have Smokehouse, NOT BlueSmoke.  I think you're right Katie.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 27 Dec 2015, 04:55

I was watching an NFL game tonight and a commercial for this Timeline episode aired at least twice.  It's showing tonight on the NFL network at midnight.  Supposedly its narrated by George too.  I'm hoping the show will play again during the week.  Too late for me to watch all of it tonight but may check out the beginning.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 27 Dec 2015, 09:06

Images at 

Video clip at

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 27 Dec 2015, 14:12

Thanks it's me Very Happy
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 28 Dec 2015, 13:50

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 30 Dec 2015, 01:57

Thanks PAN for the link.  Good article.  Unfortunately the  Timeline story aired at midnight Sunday.  Terrible time slot.  So look forward to catching it in January ... hopefully at a more reasonable time.

I don't remember this story ever being told after the hostage crisis ended.  Of course that was a very long time ago.  Timely that Donovan is telling this story now that the U.S., Iran and other world powers signed the nuclear deal over the summer.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down