George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal.

+8
LornaDoone
Missa
it's me
lelacorb
kat19
annemarie
PigPen
Silje
12 posters

Go down

George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. Empty George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal.

Post by Silje Wed 30 Sep 2015, 19:07

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. Empty Re: George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal.

Post by Silje Wed 30 Sep 2015, 19:10

Celebrity

WhatsOn | Celebrity

George Clooney feels like 'idiot' talking to wife Amal 1 hour ago

George Clooney feels like an "idiot" when he talks to his wife Amal.

The 54-year-old actor believes the human rights lawyer, whom he married last year, is much more intelligent than he is and he often feels silly when they have a discussion.

Speaking to New York Daily News' Confidenti@l page, he explained: "Often times I feel like an idiot talking to my own wife. It's never good."

The couple celebrated their one-year anniversary on Sunday (09.27.15) with a quiet dinner at the Sunset Tower Hotel's Tower Bar in West Hollywood, and he admitted he let the 37-year-old barrister choose the restaurant because he's a "creature of habit" and will never venture to anywhere new.

He said: "I might want to just go down the street to the same sushi bar that I could eat four nights a week.

"And she's like, 'No that's not going to happen. Not for the anniversary we're not going to do that.' "

Meanwhile, the 'Monuments Men' star recently said marriage has definitely been a learning curve for him over the past 12 months but he remained tight-lipped on what has changed for him because he didn't want to "upset" his gorgeous wife.

Asked what he's learned this year, he told People magazine: "That's a good question, but I can't officially tell you any of those things because that would be wrong, and she would be upset that I told anyone what I've learned."
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal. Empty Re: George feels like an "idiot" talking to wife Amal.

Post by PigPen Thu 01 Oct 2015, 15:36

Often times I feel like an idiot talking to my own wife. It's never good."

Where is Way2Old4Dis when we need her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 Oct 2015, 15:50

George was being humorous this is Georges way he is not serious. I 

I don't blame Amal sushi for an anniversary heck no, I frankly wouldn't eat  it as often as she does. Between the Italian and sushi I'd lose my mind . 

It is lovely that he let her choose the place for the anniversary dinner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 01 Oct 2015, 20:03

The idiot comment has been written out of context here. It's from another article where he's asked about his character in "Oh Brother" and the fact that the Coens always cast him as an idiot. His reply is typical joking George. He's like "I am an idiot. Oftentimes I feel like an idiot talking to my own wife. It's never good." Lol nothing salacious about it he's just joking in that wry way that he does.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 Oct 2015, 20:29

Even out of context I figured he was joking that is just his way.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 01 Oct 2015, 21:13

I hope he was joking but the phrase I do not like the same ..... I loved the George is not sure if the poor man feels an inferior ...... but will also love allla its age a statementIt makes it seem like a poor man with a beautiful face! What a disappointment!!!!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 01 Oct 2015, 21:15

So why does the Coen Brothers always cast him as an idiot?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 Oct 2015, 22:33

guess Razz
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 02 Oct 2015, 01:10

Silje wrote:So why does the Coen Brothers always cast him as an idiot?

Probably a couple of reasons.  First, you can't be dumb and play dumb; you have to be smart enough to get the joke.  Second, George isn't vain enough to care about how stupid he looks as long as it's funny.  There aren't too many actors of George generation I can think of who fit both those criteria. Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 02 Oct 2015, 15:05

I could imagine George feeling like Amal is smarter than he.  I don't think she's necessarily smarter, just better educated. 

George has some interesting and inventive street smarts.  I like that better than someone who can read a book and then regurgitate the contents.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 02 Oct 2015, 15:11

An extremely PRwise, timely and clever remark from His Nibs - given that he was at an O Brother anniversary screening.......!!

No idiot

And they compliment each other very well.......

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 02 Oct 2015, 15:37

They do compliment each other I think that is why they are together, Cindy said Amal is interested in things and so is George good match.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 02 Oct 2015, 17:31

I think it's sweet that he compliments her so often, but this "I'm an idiot, she's the brain" bit is getting a little old - even if he is joking. A. There are people who won't know he's joking and think he really is stupid, and B. If you say something often enough you might come to believe it yourself.

Yes, she's smart. It takes some intelligence to get through law school (though to me it connotes diligence more than intelligence). But he's no slouch either. If he was he wouldn't have the career he has or the position he has in the world - both of which he had before he met her. I think its time he stopped putting himself down in order to make her look good.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 02 Oct 2015, 17:42

I don't think that is what he is doing Lizzy.  He has always been very self-effacing.  Way before Amal.  I think that is just his comfort level when talking about himself.  It is nice to see him say nice things about his significant other--that always seemed to be missing I his previous relationships.

And although I am not an Amal apologist, being educated can go hand in hand with intelligence. Maybe she has a much higher IQ than George. Doesn't make her a better person.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 02 Oct 2015, 18:18

fava - I agree that George has always been self-effacing and joked about himself. It's a big part of his charm. What I'm saying is that for me this joke is getting old. Surely he can find something else about her to compliment - something that wouldn't require him saying something negative about himself.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 02 Oct 2015, 20:47

Understand Lizzy-- but he is rather fond of repeating the same joke!  If he does find something else about her to compliment, hope he doesn't harp on her looks.  Yuck.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Pagan Cat Lady Mon 05 Oct 2015, 23:09

I didn't read it as anything other than a joke, and even if it wasn't, I think it was a great compliment to his wife. I think just about anyone would feel a little dumb talking with a lawyer, someone who has years of training and experience in how to convince other equally smart people that their side of a discussion is the right one.

Pagan Cat Lady
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 06 Oct 2015, 13:36

Hello! Welcome, Pagan Cat Lady. It's great to have another voice on COH.

You're right. Saying Amal is the brains in the family is a joke
he's been telling since they went public. All I'm saying is that: A. I'm tired of hearing it and B.if he doesn't stop beating us over the head with how smart she is, people are going to start wondering why he's trying so hard to convince us. Maybe her track record has something to do with it.

His career proves he's not as dumb as he pretends to be, So.... maybe if he's pretending to be stupider than he is, maybe he's pretending she's smarter than she is.

(Just random thoughts. I'm sure they're both very bright. I'm also very sure that neither one of them gives a damn what I think! Laughing)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 06 Oct 2015, 15:39

I don't think it will stop he is a creature of habit telling the same jokes over and over eating at the same restaurants.
I think they are both smart and that is why they got together meeting of the minds. He is proud of her and he shows it not enough men today in my opinion show their pride and love for their wives.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down