George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon"

2 posters

Go down

"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" Empty "George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon"

Post by Katiedot Sat 28 May 2011, 11:36

Well, quite.

From The Sunday Best

Comment: George Clooney is a Fairly Useless Style Icon

1. I’m not really a fan of personal style blogs—you know, the ones [on which] these girls just shoot their outfits and all this stuff. I haven’t seen one that I really like or that draws my attention every day. The good and bad of that is that most [of] these girls only have a limited wardrobe; they don’t have many clothes to shoot and I don’t think most of them have come up with looks that are that interesting, that draw me.

- Scott Schuman, The Sartorialist

2. The internet tells us that George Clooney is a style icon. I am not here to dispute this. George Clooney is a very well-dressed man. But I feel the lessons one might learn from him are tempered by two factors: one, that he’s been blessed by essentially unlimited funds; and two, that he looks exactly like George Clooney.

3. I’m not saying that rich and handsome people have nothing to teach us but really, what’s the lesson here? That we should have more money? That we should be better looking? At some point looking to George Clooney (or Lapo Elkann or David Beckham) for style advice is about as useful as Usain Bolt telling your average track athlete, “Just run faster.”

4. Necessity is the mother of invention, and style is definitely an invention that is born from privation, not abundance. If you can buy anything you want, whenever you want, there is less impetus for you to try and arrange it creatively on your person. More to the point - if you can dress head-to-toe in Lanvin, you’re going to look good. But it’s a toss-up whether you’ll look very interesting.

5. When I was ten I went to a 50s dance party wearing white pants and a sort of silky blue and white shirt. I didn’t look very 50s, but I felt very 50s.

6. Scott Schuman is a dick.

Thank you for that, captain obvious.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

"George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon" Empty Re: "George Clooney is a fairly useless style icon"

Post by melbert Sat 28 May 2011, 18:14

Well, she doesn't have the pure appreciation for our man as we do. Jeans to tux jacket - mmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down