Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Silje on Wed Aug 26 2015, 13:15

What is the point? He-she always come back.

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

temp do not post

Post by fluffy on Wed Aug 26 2015, 13:44

Should we be at least grateful that Mrs C is wearing undergarments??? George going commando is one thing but his Mrs........!!! The mind boggles! Not a good look for an aspiring lawyer! Censored

fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 959
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Silje on Wed Aug 26 2015, 13:49

No W2O4D don't go. It will be so boring without you. Sad

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Donnamarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 13:51

Way2 I'm very disappointed that you don't want to post here any longer. I have respected your comments here from the time I've been posting.  I always enjoy your perspective on so many issues.  We don't see eye to eye on Amal but we do on George.

As a supporter of Amal's I'm equally exasperated by some of the negative commentary directed at her.  Sometimes I get tired of defending her.  Takes up a lot of energy.  

I've always sensed you a pretty tough person.  You can take it.  We've all had to take it.  I'm just sad that you feel beaten down by those who disagree with your point of view on Amal. I will miss your insightful, colorful and personal perspective.

You don't seem like a person who makes a decision and changes her mind.  But I hope you will.

Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3399
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 14:00

Surfing, I have no agenda I am a fan of George and think his wife is a good woman and they are in love and happy. You are the one who has the agenda to malign Amal and to discredit George and Amals marriage. You seem to think that by saying all the nasty things you say people will believe you and buy the bullshit you peddle. 

Donnamarie I agree Surfings comments should be removed if we all have to follow the rules that are set up , why shouldn't she. To hell with pc she is disrespectful and malicious towards George and his wife why should any of us have to read the trolls nasty writings. And to any one who says don't read it I come here to read about George I shouldn't have to ignore the rantings of a troll. Especially when she has something nasty to say on nearly every post one of us makes.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by LizzyNY on Wed Aug 26 2015, 14:27

Way2Old - IMO, you are one of the few posters here who is respected by pretty much everyone on the site. Your knowledge and opinions enrich COH and bring professional insight into the inner workings of George's world - and no one could ever say you're not a George Clooney fan!

The fact that you no longer feel welcome here should be a wake-up call for some posters that maybe their desire for a kinder, friendlier world has created an uncomfortable atmosphere on COH. Some fans realize that not everything George and Amal do demands praise. It should be ok to say so. Hell, it should be ok to say just about anything!

 And Donnamarie, it sounds just a little triumphant of you to say you're "sad" Way2 feels "beaten down" by your constant defense of Amal. Just a little smug? Like you're winning some pointless war to make everyone love Amal? You're not.

 If you were truly sorry you offended Way2, you'd apologize. It isn't a question of disagreeing, it's a matter of being repeatedly beaten over the head because you disagree. Maybe it's time to examine your own motives in this constant battle to defend Amal - and to remember that this is a George Clooney fansite and Amal is only included because she's with him.

Way2 - I really hope you change your mind. I love you They may not realize it, but even the people who stifle you will really miss you once you're gone.

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3483
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Donnamarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 15:00

Lizzy I don't know what to say to you. I am totally offended by your remarks.

There is a lot of back and forth on this site. Those who dislike Amal have pretty strong voices too. In my opinion you are out of line here.

I respect Way2 but I don't agree with all of her comments about Amal. I know my motives for defending Amal. And it has nothing to do with political correctness. It has to do with respect. There IS a difference! I don't in any way feel smug at all!


Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3399
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Wed Aug 26 2015, 16:14

Way2-- I think you are saying what a number of folks are unfortunately feeling about the direction of this forum over the last year.  Your humor and no-nonsense opinions will be much missed!  Feel free to reconsider....(after all George got married after he said he was D-O-N-E)

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by PigPen on Wed Aug 26 2015, 16:32

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Wed Aug 26 2015, 16:33

Donnamarie wrote:
I respect Way2 but I don't agree with all of her comments about Amal.  I know my motives for defending Amal.  And it has nothing to do with political correctness.  It has to do with respect.  There IS a difference! I don't in any way feel smug at all!


This, in a nutshell, is part of the issue.  Since you are "respectful," this casts anyone who makes a negative comment--or even sometimes even floats the possibility of something that is not entirely positive-- as disrespectful and mean-spirited.

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 16:47

The rules of Clooneyopenhouse are clear Katiedot posted them does anyone read them. I think they still apply to his wife. I don't see any changes here we have always all given our opinions . It does to me seem like it has become open season on Amal.

This house's opinion is that George can date who he wants, when he wants and any way he wants. As long as he isn't breaking the law, we're fine with it. Anyone who does have issues with the kind of women he dates might want to find another discussion forum; we're not into censorious prudes tutting over suspected bad behaviour. Again, if you feel the need to criticise, pick apart and bitch about someone you've never met and who's done you no harm, ask yourself why. Does it make you feel better? Superior? Remember, what you write says more about you than it ever could about his girlfriend.


The last sentence is what fits truly well for some on here.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Surfing on Wed Aug 26 2015, 18:06

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Okay. I give.

My self-imposed moratorium on Amal comments, even in its brevity, was a respite from a troubling trend here, and I should have taken it as a clue.

It is obvious that the faction here that is so taken with Amal that they jump to her defense EVEN WHEN THE POINT BEING MADE WAS THAT SHE DID NOT NEED A DEFENSE will not tolerate any comment that does not praise, or at least excuse, her every action. When even a non-judgement is used as evidence of a personal indictment against her, and the entire focus of comments is either purposely twisted or willfully ignored, then it's time for me to go. There's no other way out of this tunnel-visioned PC trap this forum has fallen into.

I will be keeping my account for the use of PMs with members, but it's no longer possible to be honest or objective or funny here without the hassle of an extended and pointless debate with certain members, so this forum is over for me. It's supposed to be enjoyable. It no longer is. So I'm done.

I feel the same.  I'm sure many others reading here agree but dare not express it out of fear of bullying persecution by a group (with allegedly multiple usernames). Anyone who comments contrary to the specific agenda promoted, is inapplicably accused of violating forum rules and moreover attacked with many offensive insults which obviously do qualify as personal attacks on other posters.
Observing annemarie's insults here and seeing how she gets away with it bemuses me. Isn't it a breach of forum rules?  Legally, it's libel to call others online personal insults like  "troll; insane; requiring medication."  
IF a poster can prove that there is a track record of their IP address known to the forum owners, well, identity can be determined. Wink
Perhaps those who want to promote anyone other than George Clooney can similarly start their own fanclub, rather than attack others and turn this forum into an advertisement of the latest "partner." It seems the obsequious adulation  by the AA posse  (annemarie, Jenn, lizzygirl, donnamarie, party animal not! Sylvia Cheevers & all their multiple usernames, etc) supersedes any interest in George Clooney.


Last edited by Surfing on Wed Aug 26 2015, 18:50; edited 3 times in total

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Surfing on Wed Aug 26 2015, 18:08

As for the picture of Gonzo, well, it was taken out of context.  An illustration of Gonzo admiring Cindy Crawford's beauty, as a signature/ emoticon effect. (Btw, seems CC had a lovely day with her family in Ontario, Canada on Monday, hours after the Casamigos tour of duty in Ibiza. Today, she's back in LA.)

Anyway, it was an abstract idea as innuendo of Gonzo journalism; totally misinterpreted. Such overdramatic response!
Surprised  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Silje on Wed Aug 26 2015, 18:49

We discuss different aspects of George. So why shouldn't we  be able to discuss certain aspects of Amal. It's the discussions that has made this Forum a lot of fun. But lately it hasn't been that much fun because of the PC mentally. 

Maybee what we say about Amal says more about the poster then Amal. 

But the way the PC posters attack other posters says a lot about the PC poster too.

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 19:08

I get the fun. I even laugh at some of the jokes BUT the comments that are nasty and down right mean I don't find funny or clever.  I don't find disrespect of Amal George or anyone on this site funny. The ones like myself who like Amal are showing respect; she is George's wife and I respect the man so I give that courtesy to his wife. I don't believe that everything nasty or we may think is funny has to said. The saying if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything comes to mind. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we need to keep in mind there are going to be consequences for those opinions - there will be those who don't agree and say so.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 19:26

I get tired of Amal being beaten like a pinata , she hasn't done anything to deserve the nasty comments.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by LizzyNY on Wed Aug 26 2015, 19:33

annemarie - I have no problem with you or Donnamarie or anyone saying that Amal is wonderful in everything she does, even though I don't agree. At times I may argue with you, but I assure you I attempt to remain civil and I don't lose respect for you as a person because we don't agree about Amal - a woman neither of us knows and probably never will.

I don't care if you defend her because you think she is perfect or because you are showing respect because she is George's wife. I do care if you expect everyone else to abide by what you think is acceptable, or funny, or respectful. We are all different and agreeing to disagree is part of getting along in this world. I don't insult you by saying your comments say something unpleasant about your character. I would appreciate the same courtesy.

That you accept so lightly the fact that a longtime poster is leaving the forum because they feel so put upon and restricted disturbs me. Can you not understand why Way2Old is leaving? Or is it that you just don't care because now there's one less poster who disagrees with you?

By the way, Amal is hardly being beaten like a pinata - and even if she were (which she isn't) it's only  a bunch of people on a fansite that neither she nor George reads. I doubt there's much on this site that would upset either of them if they did see it. George might even get a good laugh out of how hard  some people are trying to protect his feelings on a site he'll never see.

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3483
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Wed Aug 26 2015, 19:45

annemarie wrote:I get the fun. I even laugh at some of the jokes BUT the comments that are nasty and down right mean I don't find funny or clever.  I don't find disrespect of Amal George or anyone on this site funny. The ones like myself who like Amal are showing respect; she is George's wife and I respect the man so I give that courtesy to his wife. I don't believe that everything nasty or we may think is funny has to said. The saying if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything comes to mind. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but we need to keep in mind there are going to be consequences for those opinions - there will be those who don't agree and say so.

So everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as it is nice?  That is how I read your post.  If you have an opinion that is not nice, it should not be expressed.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with my opinion.  Please do! But keep to the topic of the opinion.   I have a problem when you imply I shouldn't have expressed it/should have kept it to myself (i.e. if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all).

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Wed Aug 26 2015, 19:54

annemarie wrote:I get tired of Amal being beaten like a pinata , she hasn't done anything to deserve the nasty comments.

I don't get it.  Fact:  her panties were showing.  Discussion:  did she know? How is that nasty comments?

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 20:03

Fava there have been other comments that have crossed the line. 

Fava there are times when I think of something that isn't nice I don't say it. I'm not trying to tell you or anyone else what to say. But there are times on here it seems to me that people go out of their way to say something mean that's what I meant. 

No everyone is entitled to their opinion just don't expect everyone to agree with it. We have all stated our opinions on different things for some of us the things said, just seem mean and vicious for no apparent reason.  

I hope that explains what I meant.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Wed Aug 26 2015, 20:15

The line in subjective and may not be in the same place for everyone.  I hope you are not lumping regular posters with the troll.

And I do feel like you are telling me what to say when you respond with comments about "respecting George's choices",  etc.  Disagree with the content of my comments, not whether I am a nice or respectful or whatever for making them.

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 20:38

No way I would lump regular posters with the troll.

I don't know you so wouldn't assume to know if you are nice or not. 

These are just my thoughts on the matter I don't expect any one to agree.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by LornaDoone on Wed Aug 26 2015, 20:50

Hi All,

Here's my take.

1. This is a George Clooney FAN site. NOT the AMAL SHOW.

2. There are forum rules - read them and more importantly, follow them.

3. There has been talk about George's women since the dawn of time, it's part of who he is HOWEVER that discussion should be restricted to those threads that are specifically about AMAL and not brought into every frigging thread.

4. There are those who are ALWAYS POSITIVE about Amal and there are those who are ALWAYS NEGATIVE. Some who are both. What pisses people off is when one or the other camp insults someone else who does not have the same opinion.

5. Frankly, both extremes bore the hell out of me and everyone else here who are here because of GEORGE. Remember him? He's the guy that is named at the top of the site.

6. Respect for each other would be nice. Continual disrespect or disruption or out and out koo koo for coco puffs nuttiness can get you banned.

7. How about we focus on George? His work, his flops, his successes, his homes, his saggy pants, his saggy ass, him, him, him?

Cause frankly, the worst thing you could do on this forum is BORE the SHIT out of everyone else with your ad nauseum discussion about Amal, a woman who could not give a shit what your opinion of her is and won't make a bit of difference if you disapprove of her looks, her spending habits, her clothes, who she defends, how she travels, what her toes look like, whether she's showing too much hootchie in pictures, whether she's bleeding George dry and will leave him an old man, broke and alone once she sucks the life out of him. (I'm paraphrasing of course).

Frankly, my opinion is who the fuck cares and how does anything either of them affect YOUR life in any way other than in your head?

My opinion? Amal is just another woman in the string of women in George's life. She's his second wife. I doubt she'll be his last.

So can we get some semblance of civility to each other? Can we be respectful? Can we talk about anything other than AMAL, AMAL, AMAL??

Has everyone gotten their petty hurts off their chests? Can we move on?

Geezus! I'm assuming most on this forum are GROWN WOMEN. Can we start acting like it again?

Okay I've got to get back to work. Some of us don't have millionaire husbands so we have to WORK for a living!

LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6690
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Wed Aug 26 2015, 20:51

To me it is the difference between responding to a post 2 different ways.  One is "I disagree with you."  The other is "how could you say such a thing?" I think they had been too much of the second in the last 6 months.

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 20:59

I agree this is a George Clooney site when George is not around and Amal is papped we talk about her. If she is with George we talk about them both .

And when George does something we discuss him and what he is doing.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by PigPen on Wed Aug 26 2015, 21:19

Okay, in a effort to shift the focus away from white panties......


On this thread  On August 25th 10:14, Surfing posted some cool photos.  The tight shot of George... take a peek at his ear..  strange wrinkles in front of his ear .

Did our boy get a nip and tuck??

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Wed Aug 26 2015, 21:30

I will do this in one fell swoop, to respond once to the posts and the messages/e-mails.

I truly like this site. I have "met" people whom I now consider confidants, if not friends. But this is a fan site, and it's supposed to be a fun pasttime activity. It's no longer fun. It's frustrating. I already have enough of that.

For the record, I don't think anyone owes me an apology. I wouldn't accept it, because it wouldn't be sincere. In order to offer a real apology, one has to understand the offending act, and I don't think that's the case here. In fact, I'm sure of it. Not that I think an apology would be offered anyway...

This latest incident was just the last straw. I can't tell you how many times I've not posted something that I thought others would have enjoyed, but would have been met with a lot of tsk-tsking by a certain faction. It's just not worth it. I don't need to have my opinions sanctioned (or not) by a panel of righteous apologists.

What I posted on the "panty" topic was my OPINION, based on and supported by what we all here accept as facts. I took great pains to only express that opinion. However, others made the JUDGEMENT(S) about not only Amal's intent but my motivations. My opinion is that the undergarment choice was deliberate. I did not say it was a poor or unclassy choice. Others, however, made the judgement that panties showing under the dress is bad, that Amal is too good or whatever to do that, and that anyone who thinks she would is disrespectful or mean or ridiculous or inane.

Opinion versus judgement. I can accept that some people don't know the difference. That is not what compels me to leave. But don't argue with me because I do know the difference. I don't have the patience for that.

We used to agree to disagree. Now we can't even agree to agree to disagree. If you think Amal Clooney gets up in the mornings and lets the sun out, you are respectful and nice. Point out anything that could lead to a less than sterling assessment, you're not just mean and disrespectful, you're too dumb to see how ridiculous you are.

And I refuse to expend any more energy dealing with that mentality.

Way2Old4Dis
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2063
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 21:31

I think George is a mans man I don't see him getting a face lift.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Wed Aug 26 2015, 21:47

I see that at times both sides are wrong and we did used to agree to disagree. I certainly don't think Amal is perfect or she let's the sun out.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by party animal - not! on Wed Aug 26 2015, 22:16

I see them, Pigpen, but I didn't know that was a sign. Thought it was behind the ears. Don't they thread everything up through the hairline?

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7575
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Nicky80 on Wed Aug 26 2015, 22:17

Way2 I like to say how much I enjoy your comments and what a great Person you are.

At the moment it seems like an Amal Clooney Forum and it is hard to share opinions if it comes to Amal. Whoever has a different opinion about Amal gets the Focus and then we start to talk about Posters and not the subject anymore. People getting sensitive, want to have Posts removed becaue "they are out of line" ...People should be banned because "they are rude"....and all this because of Amal. I can't hear it anymore.

I could say now so many things but I better keep it as it is not worth it. But changes has to be made and I have a plan ( I think). And Lorna and I will discuss Options in the next few days. The Focus has to come back to George. And if we are the only once talking about george that is fine too.

But this catfighting about Amal and the disargreements about Amals opinion is nearly 90% of this Forum. It is not fun. And it will not change even though we talk about it. I believe it will only change if we do changes to the Forum. And that will be discussed.

My post does not refer to a group of Posters. It is all of us. We are all responsible for the Situation we are in right now. No exceptions. So no need to blaim others or defend yourself. Now this is what it is. You can't change the past but we can move on and we will think about some changes. Thanks.


Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed Aug 26 2015, 22:19; edited 1 time in total

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8561
Join date : 2013-05-01
Location : Germany

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Wed Aug 26 2015, 22:17

Man, Way2, now I am obsessing on what I missed out on in the things you didn't post!  Your posts almost always made me laugh.

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Surfing on Wed Aug 26 2015, 23:33

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Writer\'s block
Right on!   Tell it like it is!     Tell it like it is!   
Inspirational...motivational...interesting...honest....
Some others too...albeit a minority... 
Lots of happy

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-03-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by LizzyNY on Thu Aug 27 2015, 00:32

Yeah, PP, I think Pan is right. Those look to me like good old fashioned wrinkles. Very Happy It's amazing he doesn't have more, considering the amount of time he spends in the sun. He must have a great dermatologist!

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3483
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by catwoman on Thu Aug 27 2015, 00:33

SURFING::

I agree with everything you said, turned his fan  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

catwoman
Clooney Addict

Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-01-31
Location : Brasil

Back to top Go down

temp do not post

Post by catwoman on Thu Aug 27 2015, 00:37

Amal is tacky, she doesn't know how to dress, use vulgar clothes and that do not match his age, loves being the center of attention ... it's futile ... and I still do not believe in this marriage, I'm sorry

catwoman
Clooney Addict

Posts : 180
Join date : 2014-01-31
Location : Brasil

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Alisonfan on Thu Aug 27 2015, 01:24

Daily George lose good people from this here and all the world.Makes me sad To think one day all will be Gone on  board.

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Alisonfan on Thu Aug 27 2015, 01:31

We should not to blame Amal.We should blame ppl who take Amal to heart too much and not like Those who say word against her.This effect this site and all George fans are made to feel being fan George but not Amal Fan are then not wanted as George fan.Them Fans are made feel not welcome.how long George go on with no fans.

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Alisonfan on Thu Aug 27 2015, 01:35

What to say.say nothing.Nothing overtop good t say.say nothing.

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Alisonfan on Thu Aug 27 2015, 01:39

I don't I don't care.this is no George news.only more and And more will she won't she turn up to do job today.Bored of this.

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

temp do not post

Post by annemarie on Thu Aug 27 2015, 01:43

His dad hasn't aged too badly, only in the last couple of years has nick started to look old.Nina looks good as well so I think genes have a lot to do with George looking good.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by fava on Thu Aug 27 2015, 02:33

Alisonfan wrote:I don't I don't care.this is no George news.only more and And more will she won't she turn up to do job today.Bored of this.
Simple--don't click on a thread titled "Amal...."

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Donnamarie on Thu Aug 27 2015, 02:50

LizzyNY wrote:Way2Old - IMO, you are one of the few posters here who is respected by pretty much everyone on the site. Your knowledge and opinions enrich COH and bring professional insight into the inner workings of George's world - and no one could ever say you're not a George Clooney fan!

The fact that you no longer feel welcome here should be a wake-up call for some posters that maybe their desire for a kinder, friendlier world has created an uncomfortable atmosphere on COH. Some fans realize that not everything George and Amal do demands praise. It should be ok to say so. Hell, it should be ok to say just about anything!

 And Donnamarie, it sounds just a little triumphant of you to say you're "sad" Way2 feels "beaten down" by your constant defense of Amal. Just a little smug? Like you're winning some pointless war to make everyone love Amal? You're not.

 If you were truly sorry you offended Way2, you'd apologize. It isn't a question of disagreeing, it's a matter of being repeatedly beaten over the head because you disagree. Maybe it's time to examine your own motives in this constant battle to defend Amal - and to remember that this is a George Clooney fansite and Amal is only included because she's with him.

Way2 - I really hope you change your mind. I love you They may not realize it, but even the people who stifle you will really miss you once you're gone.





I am deeply hurt and offended by your comments to me today Lizzy. And what hurts more is that there are posters here who support what you said to me.

You took a sincere post that I wrote to Way2 and twisted everything to make it seem like I in essence won and she lost. First of all I don't think that way. I'm not the kind of person you make me out to be. I'm not in the least triumphant or smug over Way2 not posting here any longer. I've always respected Way2's comments here. I disagree on Amal frequently. Sometimes vehemently. But I respect Way2 as a person. I've said as much to you Lizzy when you post comments that I don't agree with. I do appreciate what you said but I disagree. And I've never stifled her. But today you attacked me as a person. I take that very personally.

I don't feel the need to apologize to Way2 because I don't think I said anything inappropriate to her or insulted her. I have apologized on COH in the past for getting info wrong. And I apologized to PigPen recently because of a comment I made in response to one of her posts. She sent me a PM. I didn't realize that the tone of my response was taken the wrong way so I felt bad and said as much.

Many here have had strong opinions on Amal, positive and negative. I get that and I have to deal with the negative comments as much as you, Way2 and others deal with the blowback. There is a lot of dishing out but not so much being able to take it without complaints that some of us are piling on. I don't see it that way and I think there are others who would agree with me.

I know this site is about George. That's why I came here in the first place. I love talking about George. I love and admire George as a human being as much as I do as an actor.
I support his marriage to Amal and hope he will be happy with her for years to come.

And contrary to what has been said by someone on COH I do not go out of my way to bring up Amal if the discussion is not about her. That is just not true.

I'm sad that Way2 won't be on the forum any longer. She's smart , funny and has great insight into many issues. But I don't apologize for my defending Amal when I see the need. And Way2 should defend her positions if she feels that strongly about them. It's her choice.

Unfortunately I was singled out today as part culprit in Way2 leaving and I'm terribly hurt. By you Lizzy and others here who obviously agree with your assessment of me. So I won't post here any longer.

I really enjoyed chatting with so many of you. I don't have friends who are George fans so it was fun to come here and talk about him. And Amal. I will miss that. But I'll read what's going on here.

annemarie, I really appreciate all that you said here today! You hang in there!


Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3399
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Thu Aug 27 2015, 03:05

Donnamarie , I wish you wouldn't go this whole thing today has gotten out of hand. 

I'm glad you understood what I was trying to say.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by melbert on Thu Aug 27 2015, 03:10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19091
Join date : 2010-12-06
Location : George's House

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by annemarie on Thu Aug 27 2015, 03:19

Was that really necessary to post I think it's time for grown women to act their age not their shoe size.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3812
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by kat19 on Thu Aug 27 2015, 04:08

Alisonfan wrote:I don't I don't care.this is no George news.only more and And more will she won't she turn up to do job today.Bored of this.
Uhhh why the hell are you in a thread that had her name in the title then? And in a part of the forum that is devoted to news about her? I'm bored of YOU.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Posts : 212
Join date : 2014-05-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Alisonfan on Thu Aug 27 2015, 11:59

Ahhh, Kat don't read my post.NO sign of BOSS yet Kat.George fan can go anywhere on George FAN site.No bully off thread or site!by Amal mafia.

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Alisonfan on Thu Aug 27 2015, 12:01

Ladys ladys, we try to treat each other like we treat Amal.And show pictures if we say she not gorgeous of ourself in white panties.

Alisonfan
Clooney-phile

Posts : 672
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

temp do not post

Post by PigPen on Thu Aug 27 2015, 14:26

Nicky80 wrote:Way2 I like to say how much I enjoy your comments and what a great Person you are.

At the moment it seems like an Amal Clooney Forum and it is hard to share opinions if it comes to Amal. Whoever has a different opinion about Amal gets the Focus and then we start to talk about Posters and not the subject anymore. People getting sensitive, want to have Posts removed becaue "they are out of line" ...People should be banned because "they are rude"....and all this because of Amal. I can't hear it anymore.

I could say now so many things but I better keep it as it is not worth it. But changes has to be made and I have a plan ( I think). And Lorna and I will discuss Options in the next few days. The Focus has to come back to George. And if we are the only once talking about george that is fine too.

But this catfighting about Amal and the disargreements about Amals opinion is nearly 90% of this Forum. It is not fun. And it will not change even though we talk about it. I believe it will only change if we do changes to the Forum. And that will be discussed.

My post does not refer to a group of Posters. It is all of us. We are all responsible for the Situation we are in right now. No exceptions. So no need to blaim others or defend yourself. Now this is what it is. You can't change the past but we can move on and we will think about some changes. Thanks.
Thank you Nicky for bringing calm into the situation.   Give Flowers

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1799
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Let's talk about Amal - Share opinions

Post by Sponsored content Today at 01:14


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum