George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

August 2015 Chit Chat

+11
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
annemarie
Joanna
Silje
LizzyNY
PigPen
Donnamarie
LornaDoone
it's me
Nicky80
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 Empty Re: August 2015 Chit Chat

Post by Donnamarie Sun 16 Aug 2015, 18:34

Nice to have you back Nicky! I'm glad you had a great time in Poland. Thanks for sharing your experience. I like that you got "dark white". I'm sure you look great.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 16 Aug 2015, 19:01

Handbags . Mmmmm sounds like great shopping .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 16 Aug 2015, 20:46

LizzyNY wrote:Silje - Have you ever seen the movie they made of Woodstock? It gives you an idea of the music and what it was like behind the scenes - but it isn't the whole picture because you can't feel the rain and mud and lack of food and bathrooms!

Some people were even selling water! When their neighbors saw what they were doing they took out their garden hoses and gave out water for free. Others made sandwiches and drove around handing them out to people who hadn't thought to bring food - the local stores couldn't fill the demand. If you were lucky you had a car to sleep in. If not, you slept on the ground or "rented" space in someone's home. We slept on a family's basement floor. Ugh! but at least we were out of the rain and cold. (And it does get cold at night in the Catskills - even in the summer.)

The promoters of Woodstock claim they were taken by surprise and that's why they were completely unprepared for what happened. I didn't believe it then and I still don't, but it did make for one unforgettable weekend.
 No, I didn't see the movie Lizzy. Just seens clips on TV. Sounds like a tough and memorable experience. But when you're young it is easier to deal with living rough. I  guess I could still sleep on the floor but I need a proper toilet now.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 16 Aug 2015, 21:12

Silje - It was messy but a lot of fun. I met people from all over the country and we were all sharing the same experience. It really was amazing! I hope you get the chance to see the whole movie. If nothing else, it's full of great music!

Hello!  Welcome back, Nicky! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip and I hope you didn't get sunburned! It sounds like you did a lot of shopping. That's my kind of vacation. Very Happy

I've never been to Poland, but part of my family came from there so I've often thought about a visit. My cousin went several years ago and liked it, but she's a lot richer than I am and can afford to travel wherever she wants to go. Me, not so much. Very Happy

Glad to have you back!
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 16 Aug 2015, 21:31

Welcome back Nicky. 

I haven't been tanned this summer either. It's been raining for 6 months. I haven't even taken out my shorts this summer. Sad

I'll watch the movie when I get a chance Lizzy. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sun 16 Aug 2015, 23:27

LizzyNY,
I watched the Woodstock movie a few weeks ago and am just watching a documentary about it at the moment. It gives me a feeling of the spirit. Joe Cocker is singing "With a little help from my friend", and I'm sad that this great singer passed away...

I just returned from England with my family and we really enjoyed it. I went there the first time in 1983 and returned many times since. My kids went the first time and were as much impressed as I was at their age. Really great! And the experience that you are really able to use the English you learn at school and people actually understand you and don't tell you if the grammar is not correct is just great! Or to find out that you can use other words when you don't know the vocabulary !We visited Oxford, London, Winchester and some other places. Wanted to buy Casamigos but they didn't sell it at the Sainsbury's I went to. So I have to order it online if I want to taste it because they don't sell it in my country. 

Nicky80, Poland seems to be much cheaper than Britain, for us it was really, really expensive to buy things, to go out for Lunch etc. I would really love to go there and spend some weeks driving around in the country in a car (although I would be afraid to drive on the "wrong" side of the road) with my family but I guess we couldn't afford it at the moment...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 17 Aug 2015, 13:07

carolhathaway, sounds like your trip was terrific, especially for your kids. Did they have a fav experience or place they visited?

I was in London two years ago and loved it. First time for me. As an American it was great to experience a foreign country but not have language as a barrier. And yet London has such an international feel to it. Heard so many different languages spoken. Lots of energy there. I agree with you that it is very expensive. I didn't come back with many goodies.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 17 Aug 2015, 13:34

George has been hiding again. Where is he? The Sun claims that Amal talked him into going to Ibiza for a weekend. I can't read the article since you have to pay for it. Could this be true? I read another article about celebs holiday-ing on David Geffins yacht in Ibiza, Oprah being one of them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheSun/status/631034068600258560
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 17 Aug 2015, 13:37

Donnamarie 
they loved Oxford and London. As they are Harry Potter fans we visited Plattform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross Station in London and walked the Millennium Bridge.  They also enjoyed that we took a boat to get from Westminster to the Tower Bridge. In Oxford we visited Brasenose Collage and had a talk with one of the  German students there about living and studying at this amazing place, visited the University church and the New Bodleian Library where we watched an exhibition of some of their eldest pieces, such as a Gutenberg bible and a handwritten book from the 9th century. And we went to Blackwell's, a very old book  store. And since we all love books book stores are always a great place to visit and to spend a  lot of money...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 17 Aug 2015, 14:16

I don't think he is hiding , they were out to dinner and the press couldn't get any pictures so they are going out. They are probably enjoying their summer and both working. Maybe all the guests for summer are done visiting and this is their down time together.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 17 Aug 2015, 14:43

There are so many times we don't know where George is. The press doesn't follow him everywhere. It was just last week that they were out to dinner in Como ... but no pics. Like annemarie said. I think the two of them manage to go to lots of places and not get photographed. They could be anywhere.

But as I usually do I question "unnamed sources" who claim they have the inside scoop on where they are.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 17 Aug 2015, 20:25

I like it

August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 Dd14
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 17 Aug 2015, 21:03

this image is really funny
thanks !!

but now a sad note

Lenny B. Robinson, a viral sensation as Batman, died Sunday after he was struck by a car along I-70.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/route-29-batman-is-killed-after-his-car-breaks-down-along-a-maryland-highway/2015/08/17/13f0e9b2-44e3-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html

poor guy...
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Mon 17 Aug 2015, 22:11

Nicky80 wrote:I like it

Funny. Very Happy

I'm definitely overflowing right now.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Surfing Tue 18 Aug 2015, 16:26

it's me wrote:
Lenny B. Robinson, a viral sensation as Batman, died Sunday after he was struck by a car along I-70.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/route-29-batman-is-killed-after-his-car-breaks-down-along-a-maryland-highway/2015/08/17/13f0e9b2-44e3-11e5-8ab4-c73967a143d3_story.html

poor guy...
Well, I hope more people are touched & inspired by this man's benevolent work and either start an off-shoot charity commemorating him & continuing his kindness or contribute in a similar way.

What a horrible accident when he was doing good deeds.

Last edited by Surfing on Tue 18 Aug 2015, 16:51; edited 1 time in total

Surfing
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Surfing Tue 18 Aug 2015, 16:30

Are polyethelene balls biodegradable? There must be a better solution that is more in harmony with the environment.
Wow! 46 years since Woodstock. What a cool year.

flower

August 2015 Chit Chat - Page 2 Image15

Surfing

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 18 Aug 2015, 17:24

nice pic !

guess that kind of plastic is not
or even in a short time

but it's the same
if I am not wrong
they used for plastic water bottle

no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Surfing Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:14

Thanks. 

Yes, but plastic water bottles are not really biodegradable. 

http://wwf.panda.org/about_our_earth/teacher_resources/webfieldtrips/bio_nonbio_materials/

I guess these balls ideally should not be biodegradable in order to function effectively.
However, chemical compounds like Bisphenol A (BPA) are said to be toxic and emitted from polycarbonate products, epoxy resins & plastic phthalates. 

So, maybe same ball concept but made out of other viable material?

Group

Surfing

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 18 Aug 2015, 23:36

interesting point

I hope who made it
did it in the best way
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 19 Aug 2015, 00:38

it's me, from the news story I watched the balls are made from material similar to milk plastic cartons, not water bottles. They did a fair amount of research on the material and found no toxic seepage. But over many years and exposure to the sun that will be the real test. Hopefully the experts will keep on top of this.
Because the technique is incredibly clever and cost effective.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 19 Aug 2015, 01:24

FYI to ALL: deleted thread regarding PR started by surfing. No more bullshit folks. You start that shit it will be deleted and please no whining about censorship.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Aug 2015, 09:33

I am sure they tested them
and keep checking
and will tear away
if needed

but maybe it's only a summer trick
as temporary

we will se

what struck me was the idea Bounce
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 19 Aug 2015, 10:47

Nicky80 wrote:I like it

Feeling very sexy after my Ulster fry-up.......
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 21:22

Those 4 People are really great. especially those three Americans as they are so Young and acted straight away and  were the first once to get up. Two of them belong to the armee. What Kind of luck they have been there. If those Young americans would have gotten up to stop this guy many would have died.

First time they came to Europe and stop a Terrorist. Give Flowers

Obama phones wounded train 'hero,' hails his Courage

Air Force serviceman Spencer Stone, the first of three Americans to rush and subdue an armed gunman on a Paris-bound train, was released from the hospital Saturday and received a call from President Obama praising his courage and heroism.
The president also phoned the other two Americans, all childhood friends of Stone, Anthony Sadler, a senior at Sacramento State University, and Alek Skarlatos, a National Guardsman from Roseburg, Ore.,
Stone, of Carmichael, Calif., was hospitalized with a serious wound to his hand after being slashed with a box cutter in the ordeal Friday night aboard a high-speed train from Amsterdam to Paris.
The suspect in the attack has been linked to jihadist groups and had traveled to Syria before moving to Belgium and France from Spain, according to news media reports.
In his call, Obama praised the three Americans' courage and wished Stone a full and speedy recovery, according to Eric Schultz, principal deputy White House press secretary. He also expressed how proud all Americans are of their extraordinary bravery.
The three Americans were riding on the train together when they heard a gunshot and breaking glass. Sadler told the AP that they saw a train employee sprint down the aisle followed by a gunman with an automatic rifle

"As he was cocking it to shoot it, Alek just yells, 'Spencer, go!' And Spencer runs down the aisle," Sadler said. "Spencer makes first contact, he tackles the guy, Alek wrestles the gun away from him, and the gunman pulls out a box cutter and slices Spencer a few times. And the three of us beat him until he was unconscious."
Throughout the brief but terrifying episode, Sadler said, "the gunman never said a word."
British passenger Chris Norman, who also helped subdue the gunman, said he decided to act after hearing the two Americans shout to grab the attacker and he thought they could act as a "team."
"My thought was, 'OK, I am probably going to die anyway, so let's go,'" he said. "I'd rather die being active trying to get him down than simply sit in the corner and die."
Norman said he helped tie up the gunman. Stone then quickly turned to help another passenger who had been wounded in the throat, stopping his bleeding until paramedics arrived, Sadler said.

A French official close to the investigation tells the Associated Press that police have positively identified the train gunman as 26-year-old Moroccan Ayoub El-Khazzani.
French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said earlier Saturday that Spanish authorities had alerted French intelligence to him in February 2014 because he "belonged to the radical Islamist movement," and the French put him on a security watch list. El-Khazzani was identified through his fingerprints, according to the official, who insisted on not being identified by name because of the ongoing probe.
The official also said that the French spotted El-Khazzani in Berlin on May 10, headed to Turkey, and informed their Spanish colleagues. On May 21, the Spaniards responded saying that he no longer lived in Spain but in Belgium, according to the French official.
There has been a discrepancy in the accounts by French and Spanish officials. An official linked to Spain's anti-terrorism unit said the suspect lived in Spain until 2014, then moved to France, traveled to Syria and returned to France. Cazeneuve said El-Khazzani lived in Belgium in 2015 and made no mention of a residency in France.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/08/22/train-gunman-traveled-syria-spanish-officials-say/32188943/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:07

Yes Nicky80, I really agree with you. If you just think nobody had stopped him...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Aug 2015, 22:36

What an amazing story, these young men were placed where they needed to be.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Aug 2015, 04:15

Nicky thanks so much for posting this story. Bravo to these brave men.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 23 Aug 2015, 07:12

Brave men. They prevented something terrible.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2