George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Red Notice (??) EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Red Notice (??) EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Red Notice (??) EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Red Notice (??) EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Red Notice (??) EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Red Notice (??) EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Red Notice (??) EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Red Notice (??) EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Red Notice (??) EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Red Notice (??)

+4
kat19
Doug Ross
LizzyNY
What Would He Say
8 posters

Go down

Red Notice (??) Empty Red Notice (??)

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 22 Jun 2015, 02:46

So, I'm starting to think that the "Untitled George Clooney Project" on George's upcoming projects profile (as producer and actor, I think) is the adaptation of the book 'Red Notice.' It's a true story/political thriller/world event tale about the financial mover and shaker who crossed swords with Putin and lived to tell about it -- though his friend and attorney didn't.

Not only did George and Grant voice interest in acquiring the story, Amal is involved in convincing the UK government to place travel sanctions on some Russians who were/are responsible for the massive financial corruption in Russia and probably the deaths of more than a few of their enemies. She might even be the legal rep of the subject/author of the book, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, it sounds like it's right up the Smokehouse alley. Which is not to say I don't think they should try breaking the mold every once in a while.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Red Notice (??) Empty Re: Red Notice (??)

Post by party animal - not! Mon 22 Jun 2015, 09:57

Bill Browder and his factual book - here's the Telegraph article from a while ago, and the house was probably Geoffrey Robertson's and Kathy Lette's or Ben Emmerson's............

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 22 Jun 2015, 13:38

Stand back....move away....keep walking....don't look at....THE PUTIN.....

(I don't like his fingers in the Greek pie, but thats a story for another day, if we are all still here)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 22 Jun 2015, 14:24

Way2Old4Dis wrote:So, I'm starting to think that the "Untitled George Clooney Project" on George's upcoming projects profile (as producer and actor, I think) is the adaptation of the book 'Red Notice.' It's a true story/political thriller/world event tale about the financial mover and shaker who crossed swords with Putin and lived to tell about it -- though his friend and attorney didn't.

Not only did George and Grant voice interest in acquiring the story, Amal is involved in convincing the UK government to place travel sanctions on some Russians who were/are responsible for the massive financial corruption in Russia and probably the deaths of more than a few of their enemies. She might even be the legal rep of the subject/author of the book, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyway, it sounds like it's right up the Smokehouse alley. Which is not to say I don't think they should try breaking the mold every once in a while.
Way2Old - Agree with you that this might be the "untitled " project. I hope they're not getting in a rut because George is trying to prove his work can be just as "serious" as Amal's. I'm guessing she'd encourage him to take on more serious, reality-based topics or maybe even make films based on her cases.
 "Darling, we could work together. Wouldn't that be wonderful?! And it would be so much more worthwhile than those silly little films you've been making. Just think how impressive we could be bringing enlightenment to the world! A true power couple!"

I hope he doesn't fall into the trap of making only "important" films. He has become the star he is by being multi-faceted. Striking one note over and over would, IMO, decimate his fan base (present company excepted, of course Very Happy ). Yes, people like his serious films but they are funded by the other work he does. 

Anyway, what the hell do I know? Just musing and probably way off base. Obviously woke up cranky today. Embarassed
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 01:28

The untitled George clooney project is a film in development that Paul greengrass is attached to direct and Chris terrio (the Argo screenwriter) is writing. George is attached to star in it and produce I think. It's a film about a New York crime syndicate or something that's been in development for a few years ....there were announcements in the trade mags about it a couple of years ago.

Red Notice isn't happening anymore...if you've been through the Sony Wikileaks posts there are email exchanges between Grant and Amy Pascal in which Grant states that George had a change of heart about the project because Bill Browder is one of his wife's clients. I think George was excited about it but ultimately felt that the project hit too close to home. I don't think Amal was trying to convince him of doing anything, in one email George himself stated that he and grant loved the book and we're excited about it. Probably a smart move on George's part to not go ahead with the project because it would just drag his wife into into it as well and be seen as a conflict of interest in a way too - even if he was initially excited about it.

Last edited by kat19 on Tue 23 Jun 2015, 01:42; edited 1 time in total

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 23 Jun 2015, 01:34

Where I can find Grant's email, Kat?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Tue 23 Jun 2015, 01:36

You'll have to search for it on Wikileaks....but it's there.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 23 Jun 2015, 01:53

Thank you for all the info and research, Kat........

The rights to the Enron story that Smokehouse have could prove similarly interesting too...............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 23 Jun 2015, 02:18

kat, thanks for the background.  Very interesting.  George did the smart thing.  Taking on a project like that in which his wife is tangently attached to is a bit awkward.   Really appreciate your research!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 23 Jun 2015, 14:04

Thanks. Interesting. I don't read WikiLeaks, but if the supporting info is there...

George would have made a cool Browder though, I think. He casts himself as the crusading good guy, but he's hardly a hero.

So, Amal definitely represents Browder? In what capacity?

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 23 Jun 2015, 17:33

Not sure, Way2, but this may help....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 23 Jun 2015, 18:43

Yeah, thanks, but I know the story. I was wondering if he's suing some entity in Russia to get his fund's money back, or if 'Russia' has him in a defensive legal stance stemming from what he did to get them back. Neither seems to have much of a 'humanitarian' aspect, so maybe there's another angle that suits Amal's function as for-hire international lawyer.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 23 Jun 2015, 19:49

Well, she's also a criminal lawyer, and his case seems to have many many facets!

I think his website is really interesting and has constant updates. He seems to be resident in the UK now.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 23 Jun 2015, 21:23

Good George stand back from Amal's career. As it soars and soar. Nothing to dampen her ascent, she is going skyward, George lately not so much.Good to not mix fortunes.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum