George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak

+11
Hebe
Doug Ross
carolhathaway
LizzyNY
kat19
Nicky80
Donnamarie
Alisonfan
melbert
amaretti
party animal - not!
15 posters

Go down

Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak Empty Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak

Post by party animal - not! Mon 15 Jun 2015, 13:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Having a human rights lawyer for a husband has its perks, including having the Clooneys over for tea, something Lette was more than happy to share.
“They hold hands under the table the whole time and everything,” she said, and admitted that the Hollywood heartthrob cleared the table and stacked the dishwasher after a dinner with Lette.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 15 Jun 2015, 19:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link and text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak Empty Re: Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak

Post by Donnamarie Mon 15 Jun 2015, 16:12

Kathy Lette is quite a character.  I didn't know she was such a hoot!  So funny.  She certainly is deep in the mix of all things relevant.  

I love how domesticated George is!   Cooks, cleans and sews.  Amal is a very, very lucky woman.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak Empty Re: Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak

Post by amaretti Mon 15 Jun 2015, 16:23

Indeed . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 16 Jun 2015, 02:44

I thought this happened a long time ago.  Still looking for her 15 minutes of fame?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 16 Jun 2015, 13:40

Tea or dinner? i'm confused. Help?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 16 Jun 2015, 15:18

Alisonfan wrote:Tea or dinner? i'm confused. Help?

Are you asking if George and Amal had tea or dinner with Kathy Lette and her husband.... 
it was dinner.  And George cleared the plates and stacked the dishwasher after dinner.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 19:55

melbert wrote:I thought this happened a long time ago.  Still looking for her 15 minutes of fame?

15 minutes Shocked  ..... you mean 5 minutes Razz  lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 08:57

Charlie Rose mentioned the hand holding during dinner at the table thing about them too on the CBS morning show. Cute little tidbit about them.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 17 Jun 2015, 14:41

I think George is afraid if he doesn't hold onto her hand she'll blow away! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak Empty Lorraine Interview with Kathy Lette about new book and G & A

Post by party animal - not! Thu 16 Jul 2015, 23:41

Give us a Cloo! Kathy Lette talks George and Amal

She has promised to get me off when I kill my first book critic!
– Kathy Lette jokes about pal Amal Clooney
Self-proclaimed deranged author Kathy Lette joins Lorraine to talk about her latest novel Courting Trouble as well as her friendship with the Clooneys!
The book is part legal thriller, part romance, part front-line report from the battle for equality.
Kathy also spoke about her dinner parties with George and Amal: “George is so nice by the way and when they come for dinner, he clears the table and stacks the dishwasher, this is foreplay for females! Forget the Kama Sutra, that’s all you need to know, be domestic!... They’re really in love and it’s a total fairytale romance.”

Kathy also revealed she once asked Prince William if he wanted a kiss with 'tongue' at a polo event.
She said: “Prince William was walking towards me and he looked so bored so I thought I might liven it up so as he came near me, I said, ‘Apparently I have to kiss you, do you want tongue?’ and Prince William went, ‘Oh perhaps later!’ and then he went back and told Harry and the others and they were killing themselves laughing.
"And then Harry came up and he said, ‘Oh do you want tongue?’... and he picked me up and I rode him round the paddock and they were so much fun and I think they were so pleased not to be treated like porcelain princes. They didn’t put me in the tower, I’m still here!” she laughed.
Courting Trouble is released today in paperback.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 20:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 17 Jul 2015, 00:39

The link doesn't work for me. It says "There are no videos available at this time. Please check back later."

Is there anything else I can do to make it work?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 17 Jul 2015, 01:23

The video doesn't work for me neither.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 Jul 2015, 01:43

Sorry, folks..........here are some of the words from the interview. Will try to find another outlet for the interview.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 17 Jul 2015, 01:47

oops, think it's exactly the same

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Fri 17 Jul 2015, 01:56

Under the heading 'And The Rest' we have a thread 'Kathy Lette has the Clooneys to dinner......' when Kathy was interviewed by Australian television. What she says about George and Amal is much the same as what she says in the above interview with Lorraine. She even wears the same dress.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 17 Jul 2015, 02:33

Here is some of her interview that People picked up.  Some info that I didn't know before.  Lette has told the George story before of him cleaning up after dinner but a bit more revealed here:

Why George Clooney Is the Perfect Dinner Guest

Ladies be prepared to weep into your marigolds. George Clooney is not only Sexiest Man Alive material—he also does the dishes.

That was the welcome discovery when author and broadcaster Kathy Lette invited George and Amal Clooney over for a dinner party.
“He clears the table and stacks the dishwasher,” the London-based author tells ITV’s Lorraine show, adding: “Forget the Kama Sutra, that’s all you need to know, be domestic!”
The newlyweds were guests of Lette and her barrister husband Geoffrey Robertson QC, who is the founder of Doughty Street Chambers where Amal works as a human rights barrister.
RELATED: George Clooney & Rande Gerber's Orange Cinnamon Margarita Tastes Just Like Summer
Lette, who has written 11 international bestsellers and is known for brash wit, had nothing but kind words to say about her husband’s most famous employee.
“She’s wonderful, she’s the most intelligent, beautiful, kind, compassionate girl,” she gushed on the show, which aired Thursday morning. “He’s so lucky to have her—I’d marry her!”
In a twist of fate, the Australian-born author revealed that she once turned down a date with the famous actor.
“I met George years and years ago before he was famous and he asked me out for coffee one day and I said no!” she says.
It wasn’t until she was at home, looking after two young children, and watching ER many years later that she realized her lost opportunity.
“I screamed, I cried, I lay in the fetal position and sobbed for two months,” jokes Lette who has been married to her husband for 26 years.
Currently promoting her current novel, Courting Trouble, which Lette describes as “part legal thriller, part romance,” the author couldn’t be happier for her pal Amal.
“They’re really in love,” she says. “And it’s a total fairytale romance.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 20 Jul 2015, 20:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 20 Jul 2015, 20:49

merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak Empty 'George and Amal are mad about each other' - People.com

Post by party animal - not! Wed 22 Jul 2015, 01:41

George and Amal Clooney Are 'Mad About Each Other': 'It's Like Watching a Rom-Com in Front of You,' Says Friend

No need to bring in entertainment when you invite George and Amal Clooney over for a dinner party.

Friend and author Kathy Lette tells PEOPLE seeing the newlyweds interact is like "watching a rom-com in front of you."

Lette, who became pals with Amal through her husband Geoffrey Robertson QC, founder and joint head of Doughty Street Chambers, where Amal works as a lawyer, recently had Clooney, 54, and his wife over for dinner and says it's clear to see the two "are mad about each other."

Having known Amal, 37, for several years, Lette says it's no surprise to her why the Sexiest Man Alive fell for the human-rights lawyer.

"She's drop-dead gorgeous, your jaw hits the ground, but she's also very charming, funny, self-deprecating," says Lette, adding that fame has not changed Amal one bit. "She's as warm and down-to-earth as ever."

In fact, Lette says her new novel, the romantic legal thriller Courting Trouble, is partly based on Amal.

"It's about a woman in her 30s in the legal world trying to change the world and make it a better place."

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 22 Jul 2015, 19:35; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Wed 22 Jul 2015, 13:21

This Kathy woman say she base character on Amal.I think she fame hungry woman hanging on the fame to sell book and use name and friendship to drop for more fame.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 22 Jul 2015, 16:36

And the character's name is a real life woman who was a criminal in Australia in the early 1900s.  So what message is this Lette woman trying to get across?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 22 Jul 2015, 18:31

Well, that's Lette's ironic sense of humour! Here's another article picked up from the tv interview with the odd different quote. She must have got a lot of phone calls!

She's already very well known as a comedian - at a reception at Buckingham Palace she met the Queen wearing a suit  covered in paintings of corgis.

The Clooneys are friends and dinner there is not unusual - although she's said she doesn't cook either!

And she's inevitably been misquoted from the original interview. She referred to Amal, Jen Robinson and Dame Helena Kennedy QC who all work with her husband and it was Kennedy who said she'd help her get off a murder charge.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 22 Jul 2015, 18:44

She's what I would consider the life of the party.  Most of us know people like that.  Seems she has loads of personality.  She said she and Amal have been friends for years.  It's amazing to me that she met George years ago and he asked her out ........ for coffee.  Small world.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 22 Jul 2015, 19:36

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 23 Jul 2015, 09:03

George Clooney’s Wife Amal Helped Inspire a Dishy Legal Thriller

Amal Clooney really does have it all—the high-powered career; the doting, movie-star husband; the chic designer closet; the impressive friends; and now, according to a new article, a literary character based on her.
People reports that Australian-born author Kathy Lette penned her legal thriller, ingeniously titled Courting Trouble, partly based on the gorgeous barrister. “Sure,” you might be thinking, “I could have written a book about Amal Clooney based on a bunch of tabloid photos and speculation.” But Lette actually knows Mrs. Clooney.
You see, Lette’s husband is Geoffrey Robertson, the founder and joint head of Doughty Street Chambers—where, coincidentally, Amal works as a lawyer. Lette, whom The Daily Telegraph has described as “game, gossipy, knows absolutely everyone,” has periodically checked in with People over the past few months to give them some fluffy gossip about her A-list friends.
In the newest report from the magazine, Lette says that spending time with the newlyweds is like “watching a rom-com in front of you." Lette adds of Amal, “She’s drop-dead gorgeous, your jaw hits the ground, but she’s also very charming, funny, self-deprecating.” Marriage to a movie star apparently has not changed her either: “She’s as warm and down-to-earth as ever."
Last month, Lette dished with the weekly about a dinner date between the two couples. “[George Clooney] clears the table and stacks the dishwasher,” the author told the magazine. “Forget the Kama Sutra, that’s all you need to know, be domestic!”
She also said of Amal, ”She’s wonderful, she’s the most intelligent, beautiful, kind, compassionate girl . . . He’s so lucky to have her—I’d marry her!”
Lette was so besotted with her friend that she tells the magazine she partially based Courting Trouble’s heroine, Matilda “Tilly” Devine, on Amal, who is 37. “It's about a woman in her 30s in the legal world trying to change the world and make it a better place,” Lette says of the character. Other outlets have called Tilly, the alleged Amal surrogate, “a leggy chocoholic barrister,” “straight A, strait-laced,” and a “dyed-in-the-wool feminist.” The character also delivers lines like, “If jumping to conclusions was an Olympic category, I would be a gold medalist.”
If, somehow, you have not already ordered this book on Amazon based solely on Lette’s animated quotes and the Amal-inspiration factor, allow Amazon’s colorful plot summary to seal the deal:
Tilly has the day from hell when she’s sacked from her barristers’ chambers in the morning, then finds her husband in bed with her former best friend in the afternoon. She escapes to her mother, Roxy—a sassy solicitor whose outrageous take on men, work and family life is the despair of her more conventional daughter. Roxy comes up with a radical plan for their future—they’ll set up an all-female law firm which will only champion women who have been cheated, put upon, attacked, ripped off or ruined by the men in their lives.
In court, Tilly finds herself up against Jack Cassidy, the smooth-talking, politically incorrect, legal love god who broke her heart at law school. Jack is fluent in three languages – English, sarcasm and flirtation… but if he’s so loathsome, then why is she committing Acute Lust in the 3rd degree?
If this novel is ever adapted for the screen, how spot-on would George Clooney be to play “legal love god” Jack Cassidy? And what a perfect way to close this stranger-than-fiction circle of celebrity, high-powered lawyers, and the Australian-born author who loves them.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 23 Jul 2015, 09:09

So considering on what Kathy Lette said Amal seems to be a very nice, funny, caring and lovely person. That's what George said in all the interviews, that's what Ellen Barkin and quite a few people said who actually know her.
On the other hand there are commentators on Websites who have very different thoughts about her, don't like her etc.
So I personally decided to think positive about Amal. I prefer to believe those who actually know her rather than those who judge from her look, her origin or family background.

Would I like her to be interviewed about per personal life?

On the onehand we could see how she is as a real person - is she as lovely, funny etc. as her friends say? But would you really see this in an interview? I sometimes think when I read articles about interviews George did that either I watched another interview or I really didn't get everything (which might be right because English is not my mother tongue) or that the Journalist didn't get George's sense of humour.
On the other hand I think it's a good idea that she - up to now - didn't do an interview like this because I think her statements could (and would) be misunderstood and misinterpreted. (I mean, George always just said the loveliest things about her in interviews and there are still people who object something in his words. And he's a pro just as her when it comes to PR.) And this could also damage her professional reputation.

Just my 2 cents!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 Jul 2015, 13:34

For me it is simple George would never marry anyone who was not exactly what he says she is a loving ,caring and funny.

I remember and article that George's dad said the right woman would come along and knock George on his butt. Sometimes parents do know best. He was right on he knew his son better than any of the others who say they know who and what is  best for him.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 23 Jul 2015, 13:39

She has no need to promote herself in that way. She happened to marry one of the most famous men on the planet. 

But we know that she is more than happy to talk about causes and principles she believes in e g Charile Hebdo and hence will go along with all the red carpet stuff because they both know those sort of things will bring further discussion on sites that would otherwise not feature them

And of course there are interviews and seminars she's been at on her work thread here e g International Bar Association announcements on Egypt etc.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Jul 2015, 13:46

annemarie wrote:For me it is simple George would never marry anyone who was not exactly what he says she is a loving ,caring and funny.

I remember and article that George's dad said the right woman would come along and knock George on his butt. Sometimes parents do know best. He was right on he knew his son better than any of the others who say they know who and what is  best for him.

It's equally been simple for me too annemarie. Nothing complicated to understand about their relationship. It's real.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Thu 23 Jul 2015, 14:28

I also think their relation is real. I never understood why George should change his while life so drastically if not because he really loves Amal. I mean,  honestly there was no need for him to change. He always denied that he would run for office.  He could just have continued with the lifestyle he had, nobody would have been surprised. 

And if their marriage was just a PR show as some mentioned just think how both their images would be damaged if it was ever discovered. George often speaks out on humanitarian efforts. Amal's achievements for human rights and civil rights would also be questioned. She seems to love her work, so why should she risk her reputation for designer clothes?
I don't believe that.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Jul 2015, 14:51

Your points carolhathaway are spot on IMO. And for two people who come across as genuine in the ways in which they have lived their lives how exhausting it would be to lead a sham of a marriage ...
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 Jul 2015, 15:38

The other thing is I don't see his personal life having anything to do with how well his movies do, it that were the case a lot of movies that have been hits with others would have bombed . You either like a movie or you don't who the star is dating has nothing to do with the film.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Jul 2015, 19:02

Unless fans are offended or disgusted with the star and boycott the film.  No butts in the seat = $0.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 23 Jul 2015, 20:00

NIcarolhathaway wrote:I also think their relation is real. I never understood why George should change his while life so drastically if not because he really loves Amal. I mean,  honestly there was no need for him to change. He always denied that he would run for office.  He could just have continued with the lifestyle he had, nobody would have been surprised. 

And if their marriage was just a PR show as some mentioned just think how both their images would be damaged if it was ever discovered. George often speaks out on humanitarian efforts. Amal's achievements for human rights and civil rights would also be questioned. She seems to love her work, so why should she risk her reputation for designer clothes?
I don't believe that.
Primarily one person is calling it a pr show I believe (all over the Internet and under many different user names). Let's not give this notion more legitimacy by saying it is more widely held.

This woman (Lette) may be a hoot and a good friend, but stating publicly that you've had the clooneys over for dinner and that you based the main character in your new book on Amal--in stores now!--makes it appear she is using the friendship to get publicity and sell more books.

Last edited by fava on Thu 23 Jul 2015, 20:05; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 23 Jul 2015, 20:19

Here is Celebitchy's take on the story.

Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Kathy Lette on having The Clooneys to dinner and other titbits..so to speak Empty Having George to dinner - Kathy Lette on BBC Radio Wales

Post by party animal - not! Fri 14 Aug 2015, 20:27

Hope you pick this up..........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 16 Aug 2015, 16:00

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 17 Aug 2015, 14:53

:floggingadeadhOkay dear, you've had your 15 minutes with this story and then some...................

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 17 Aug 2015, 15:10

.......'cept she's on a book launch junket, everybody wants to talk about her famous friends (and she has many!) and her hubby. Try her Twitter page on all things topical, Pigpen. It's a riot.....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down