I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney: society must elect politicians who can make things better

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Sun 17 May 2015, 21:21

This story is growing.......interview on the red carpet. Now in several papers including The Guardian

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Speaking at the premiere of new film Tomorrowland: A World Beyond, the star’s comments could reflect his desire to move into politics in these ‘very bleak’ times

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]George Clooney works the red carpet at the European premiere of Tomorrowland in London’s Leicester Square. Photograph: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has said he believes it is up to society to elect politicians who it believes can give us all a brighter future.
The Hollywood heartthrob signed autographs and posed for selfies in Leicester Square on Sunday at the premiere of his new film, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
The 54-year-old actor was joined on the red carpet by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who plays the villain in the Disney movie, and their young co-stars Britt Robertson and Raffey Cassidy.

The sci-fi adventure, directed by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], was inspired by the futuristic Tomorrowland attractions at the Disney theme parks and Walt Disney’s [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Clooney plays Frank Walker, a former boy-genius inventor who has become pessimistic about the future of the world, until he teams up with a teenage girl who is determined to save it.
Clooney, who is rumoured to be planning a move into US politics, said: “I do believe that’s how we work it out – politicians are elected by us, so we as a collective can always make things better, and we always have.
“I really do believe that every time things seem very bleak – and I believe that they look very bleak right now – we figure it out. We have to, that’s how society moves forwards.”
Clooney, who married human rights lawyer [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] last year, said he feels happier about life since tying the knot. “I’m a happily married man,” he said. “I’m very happy.” But he dodged any questions about starting a family of his own.
Actor, comedian and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Laurie, 55, plays scientist David Nix, the villainous scientist who has given up on the world. But Laurie revealed he has become a more optimistic person as he grows older.
He said: “For me, it was the other way round. I was a rather gloomy sort of kid and I think I’ve got more optimistic as the years have gone by. It’s partly an effort of will. I think, to a degree, we all have the power to change it: what we think about the future and what we think about the world. I’m trying as hard as I can to be a sunnier person than I was.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 17 May 2015, 21:25; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text / edit title)

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum