I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George Clooney at the Met Gala 4th May 2015

Post by annemarie on Tue May 05 2015, 16:27

The women were beautiful but the dresses not so much. I just think there is a time and place for appearing half naked this just was not it for me . I love the elegance of Amal , Helen Mirren and a few others.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue May 05 2015, 16:29

He simply looks happy and in love with his wife. What is he supposed to look like uninterested and bored.When Angelina and Brad do this oh it's great they are so in love really. There is no difference. George and Amal look comfortable and happy together which is something some said he never did with his other girlfriends. He is taking care and making sure his wife is o.k. They seem to be chatting and enjoying themselves.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue May 05 2015, 17:56

I don't know if anyone else has seen Rihannas gown it was interesting , designed by a Chinese designer and took 2 years to make.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Tue May 05 2015, 17:59

hathaross wrote:Ok, this is the best one so far   LOL! Photobomb !! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I love this one Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo Yahooooo

Thanks everyone for posting the pics rollingsmiley

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 05 2015, 19:14

I've just arrived to the party and said WOW.
George and Amal look terrific together.
Very elegant and classy.
Double WOW.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 05 2015, 19:35

I just shown these photos to my hubby....
He said "You've got the right one there George"

Coolio

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by / on Tue May 05 2015, 19:46

PigPen, there were other (older and distinguished) men wearing white tie too. But George was the only A-list celebrity...

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue May 05 2015, 20:01

PigPen wrote:
Katiedot wrote:White tie, eh?  Super, super formal.

She looks good, although I'm not really wild about the flamenco dancer look, George looks fabulous (tight trousers aside!).  Does that man ever rock a tux!
Not digging the formal tails...  can't tell if any other man wore tails.  All I noted were standard tuxedos.  Even worse as they were leaving... tie off, collar flipped up.  Yeah, I'm in the minority. He has a movies coming out.  But, really do think he's trying waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard here, folks.

Go ahead Donna Marie-start blasting away. I'm sure my thoughts have caused flames to shoot out of your eyes!!!!  blowup blowup blowup

PigPen Be Afraid!

One for Merlin!

Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 05 2015, 20:33

Grateful thanks for all of the pictures and videos
it's brightened up a windy wet grey day here in UK !
I love the after pictures of George not wearing 
his bow tie. He consistently does that.
I wonder if there was a lucky recipient ?

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue May 05 2015, 20:34

annemarie wrote:I don't know if anyone else has seen Rihannas gown it was interesting , designed by a Chinese designer and took 2 years to make.

I did see it annemarie. It was pretty stunning.  To me it was more a piece of art than a dress or robe. Not sure what you would call it.  It was extravagant.  Other women wore pieces of art rather than dresses IMO.  But it is a night to dress in "costume" reflecting the theme.  So it's to be expected.

I'm with you. There were a number of dresses I didn't like at all but there were a good 10 or so that I thought were quite beautiful and their dresses stunning without going over the top.  Just spotted another beauty.  An Asian celebrity Gong Li wearing Cavalli.
Another Asian celebrity who was talking to George and Sevens posted the pic - thought her dress was beautiful too.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Tue May 05 2015, 20:47

I've Googled the Met Gala and found out what it's 
in aid of but can someone please tell me what actually goes on at the Gala ?
The only Galas I'm familiar with are Classical music
or Operatic ones.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Tue May 05 2015, 21:19

Dinner and dwinkies I think, Jo, and all money raised goes to the Museum

Interesting comment on the Rihanna dress from someone I know 'Mm, which toppings shall I have on that?'.......and echoed as it turns out by thousands on Twitter.....

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue May 05 2015, 21:27

Rihanna also performed at the gala so there  is dancing , the exhibit and dinner.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Tue May 05 2015, 22:19

George is beautiful and fascinating, Amal is elegant but it seems the brother of George  in a woman dress ..... sorry for her fans !!!!!

Last edited by lelacorb on Tue May 05 2015, 22:26; edited 1 time in total

lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Tue May 05 2015, 22:22

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks to me as tho Amal's dress top is studded leather....?

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje on Tue May 05 2015, 23:02

Love the red dress. I think this is my favourite of all her dresses. The colour, the shape of the dress and the way she wears her hair on one side - it suits her perfectly.

I like George's formal tux. This is the Met.

But George is starting to look old. They look more and more like father and daughter  to me.

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Tue May 05 2015, 23:58

One, I think George will look a lot better once he is completely groomed (hair, brows, gray mustache scruff - which he may still need for the movie) and after some rest and sun. Two, Amal doesn't exactly look like a spring chicken.

He can not look his best, and still be more handsome and sexier than any man in the room.

Way2Old4Dis
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed May 06 2015, 00:04

How's the neck feeling, Miley?

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle on Wed May 06 2015, 00:10

It's been some time since I posted here.  I think Amal looked absolutely stunning in the dress.   i just question her choice of designers.  She and George are presented as advocates of oppressed people/societies and defenders of bigotry. The designer she choose has been accused of antisemitism.  Amal IMO has a stunning figure and could have been clothed by anyone and looked fantastic.  Yes, she has the right to choose anyone she wants...and she did.  I find that disappointing.

blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed May 06 2015, 00:21

I think George simply needs a vacation and some sun. I happen to think Amal looks exactly like her age most days the only time she appears younger is when she wears  less make up.

Last edited by annemarie on Wed May 06 2015, 00:25; edited 2 times in total

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed May 06 2015, 00:22

blubelle wrote:It's been some time since I posted here.  I think Amal looked absolutely stunning in the dress.   i just question her choice of designers.  She and George are presented as advocates of oppressed people/societies and defenders of bigotry. The designer she choose has been accused of antisemitism.  Amal IMO has a stunning figure and could have been clothed by anyone and looked fantastic.  Yes, she has the right to choose anyone she wants...and she did.  I find that disappointing.

Blu I thought about that too when they commented on it in one of the media postings.

Perhaps the thought was to get to a place where there is forgiveness for what seems to be just one mistake in judgement.  I don't know if his comments were an ongoing thing or just a one time event which was in public.  I had heard a bit about this when it happened but am not versed on the entire subject.

So perhaps that was the thought.  We ALL make mistakes - do we have to pay for them the rest of our lives IF we are truly sorry?  That's just my thoughts - don't know if that's what happened here.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed May 06 2015, 00:26

I read Gallianos first interview after he was fired from Dior. He said he was on drugs and drinking when this event took place he was out of control. He also called and apologized to a lot of people for his actions. He has said he is not antisemetic and people who know him say the same thing. I think George and Amal believe in giving people second chances. George especially knows the effects of Alchol and drugs on people.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Wed May 06 2015, 00:34

lelacorb wrote:George is beautiful and fascinating, Amal is elegant but it seems the brother of George  in a woman dress ..... sorry for her fans !!!!!

Ah come on Lela - she in no way looks like his brother!!  HA!

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed May 06 2015, 00:48

Great video and different pics from different agencies of the night:

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere on Wed May 06 2015, 01:48

I think this is the best I've ever seen Amal look. That dress is to die for, and perfect color for her.

Now about George - I don't understand why his wife can wear the most gorgeous dress of the evening, and his tux doesn't even fit. This is the first time I've ever seen him in a tux where I don't think he looks great. To me he truly looked like a waiter at a fancy restaurant. She really outshone her husband last night.

premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere on Wed May 06 2015, 01:55

annemarie wrote: I read Gallianos first interview after he was fired from Dior. He said he was on drugs and drinking when this event took place he was out of control. He also called and apologized to a lot of people for his actions. He has said he is not antisemetic and people who know him say the same thing. I think George and Amal believe in giving people second chances. George especially knows the effects of Alchol and drugs on people.
I've been drunk plenty of times, said some pretty stupid and embarrassing things, and never, ever, said anything resembling racist. The only times I've ever heard racist things coming out of anyone's mouth is when the person is racist to begin with. I don't buy the "I was drunk/on drugs" defense. I consider the guy a complete pig, and would see him in hell before I'd wear anything he designed. There are lots of other designers out there.

That being said, I shop at Macy's with my 30% off coupons.

premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Wed May 06 2015, 02:44

Premiere, I got some Macy coupons from a co-worker that  I'll send ya!!!

melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb on Wed May 06 2015, 03:01

They look STUNNING together!!! Amal is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Wed May 06 2015, 04:01

So, a designer favored by Anna Wintaur falls out of favor with the industry because of a racist rant, returns to work but not to his previous level of acclaim. Anna W, curiously now in the Clooney/Alamuddin circle, takes the new Mrs. Clooney under her fashion arm. And voila, said disfavored designer dresses the now culturally ubiquitous Mrs. Clooney for the fashion night of the year, complete with magazine pics with the icon overseeing it all, and has his custom creation deemed by many to be the best of the night.

Three guesses as to how the one-off drunken and drug-addled anti-Semite's career goes from here, and the first two don't count.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Wed May 06 2015, 04:29

Way2Old4Dis wrote:So, a designer favored by Anna Wintaur falls out of favor with the industry because of a racist rant, returns to work but not to his previous level of acclaim. Anna W, curiously now in the Clooney/Alamuddin circle, takes the new Mrs. Clooney under her fashion arm. And voila, said disfavored designer dresses the now culturally ubiquitous Mrs. Clooney for the fashion night of the year, complete with magazine pics with the icon overseeing it all, and has his custom creation deemed by many to be the best of the night.
Yup, I'd say that's exactly what went on. Amal wears what Anna Wintour wants her to wear, and Anna Wintour is rehabbing John Galliano's career.

PigPen wrote:He has a movies coming out. But, really do think he's trying waaaaaaaaaaaaay too hard here, folks
Yep, we're preparing ourselves for the usual pap-friendly public outings while he starts promoting Tomorrowland, not to mention all of the media interviews and TV shows.

I'm not particularly upset by it. This is part of George's job and generally he does it so well. The whole I'm-not-campaigning-for-an-oscar-campaign that he does sticks in my throat but an actor being seen in the media more when he's promoting a film is just one of those things. No doubt Anna Wintour had a say in what he wore too.

Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Wed May 06 2015, 04:47

Sevens
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Wed May 06 2015, 08:19

Sevens
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed May 06 2015, 12:03

George will promote his films publicly as most actors do prior to their movies being released.  To be expected.  Right?  Maybe he'll even do some print interviews.  He usually does put himself out there more often when promoting a movie. 

As far as his intent to promote Oscar worthiness of his work well that's up to him.  How many times can you count that he has actually claimed and can be quoted that he was not not promoting his work for an awards season.  

Anna Wintour and Amal have become friends and most likely Anna has been an influence on Amal's styling.  But I say an influence,  Amal has had a strong fashion sense for quite a long time. I don't think anyone is dictating her fashion choices.

At this point in his life George makes his own decisions on what he will and won't wear.  Simple and straightforward.  IMO it was George's decision to wear tails to complement Amal's gorgeous look.  He never would have put on that suit unless he wanted to.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed May 06 2015, 12:29

Donnamarie agree with you , I believe both Amal and George decide what they want and will do in their lives.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Wed May 06 2015, 12:43

I would like to know what George and Maley Cyrus were talking about hahaha.

hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Wed May 06 2015, 13:40

So, despite having the entire world of couture designers available to her and probably eager to serve her, Amal "wanted" to wear a dress by a man who was disgraced by an anti-Semitic rant? I'm going to vote 'no' on that one.

Alcohol and drugs do many, many bad things to the mind, but they do not implant a new belief system. The guy said anti-Semitic things because they were there, in his private beliefs, and came out with the drugs and drink. I'm not saying he shouldn't be given the chance to perform his life's work. But I am saying that the "I was drunk and high" apology is disingenuous and not to be accepted.

And that Amal was used by Anna W to reboot this guy's career.

I hope a newsworthy dress (that she will probably never wear again) for a big fashion night was worth it.

And please don't tell me that this couldn't be true because George either wouldn't allow it, or wouldn't marry someone who would do it. Amal is a grown-ass woman, has a good sense of the world because of the opportunities that she grew up with, and knows exactly what the fuck she's doing.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed May 06 2015, 13:57

Way2 you're right that Amal is a "grown-ass woman, has a good sense of the world".  We don't know the context at all in which she made her decision to wear Galliano's design.  The last thing Amal would allow to happen is to be is "used" by anyone.  From what I've read about her she is far too savvy for that.  Anna Wintour does not run Amal's life.  Amal has made it this far in her adult life and has done pretty damn well for herself.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed May 06 2015, 14:03

I think giving him another chance was fine whether it was or Amal or not someone would have worn the dress. I don't think either George or Amal were used they chose to give the designer a chance and help him others are also as he is designing for Mason Martinggela. Sorry about the spelling.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Wed May 06 2015, 14:23

Yeah, I knew I'd take some heat for my opinion. I think Amal let herself get used. Whether it was for the sake of her friendship with Anna W, or for a one-od-a-kind dress, I don't care, and it doesn't matter.

Another point on which we'll agree to disagree.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross on Wed May 06 2015, 15:04

I think we should separate work from personal life.
What a person does in his life only concerns him and the people who know him. His life shouldn't affect his work.
He's a racist but what we have to judge is his work, his dresses, not his thoughts, he's a stylish..
If I buy one of his dresses, I buy his creation not his ideas. When I'm wearing it, I'm not defending his racial thoughts or comments, I'm just wearing a dress that I like. His works are a thing, his thought another. Unless he's discriminating some races with his dresses, I don't see anything bad about buying one of them. 

(I'm sorry if my english is bad.)

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed May 06 2015, 15:09

An interesting article on the Oscar de la Renta/Galliano relationship not so long ago here:

Oh, and as for His Nibs. Remember the coat-and-tails feature in on Hollywood prior to the Oscars 2014? He's used to this stuff.

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed May 06 2015, 15:11

Doug Ross your English is fine and I agree with you.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Wed May 06 2015, 15:50

I understand your position, and in most other situations, I might even agree. If I'm just a woman with money and no influence, who could afford the dress, I might go with this designer.

BUT

Amal is an international figure who is billed as a human rights activist, has a background that raises (even if unfounded) questions about possible biases against Israel, and has tons of women following her fashion lead. And she is married to a world-famous man who is a true humanitarian and has fought against the stupidity of racism.

Me, in that situation, probably would have made another choice.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by benex on Wed May 06 2015, 15:59

i don' t know if you have see thiese photos:

benex
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed May 06 2015, 18:03

This?

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed May 06 2015, 18:34

I love all the pictures I have so many of George and now Amal saved I think if anything happens to my poor old computer I may cry. lol

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 06 2015, 18:34

party animal - not! wrote:Dinner and dwinkies I think, Jo, and all money raised goes to the Museum

Interesting comment on the Rihanna dress from someone I know 'Mm, which toppings shall I have on that?'.......and echoed as it turns out by thousands on Twitter.....

Thanks pan. I assume it's THE social event of the year in New York ?
I still think G&A outshone everyone else. Especially on the stairs.

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Wed May 06 2015, 18:44

annemarie wrote:I love all the pictures I have so many of George and now Amal saved I think if anything happens to my poor old computer I may cry. lol

annemarie...It's very easy to back up your precious pictures on
a mobile hard drive. Hope you can do that.
Which reminds me I haven't backed up mine for a while !

Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed May 06 2015, 18:46

party animal - not! wrote:An interesting article on the Oscar de la Renta/Galliano relationship not so long ago here:

Oh, and as for His Nibs. Remember the coat-and-tails feature in on Hollywood prior to the Oscars 2014? He's used to this stuff.

PAN, thanks for the link.  At the end of the article about Galliano and de la Renta there is a link to a lengthy piece by Ingrid Sischy who interviewed Galliano not too long ago. Great and very insightful into this man's fall into absolute disgrace and his efforts to make a comeback.  The things he said were horrid. But I think anyone here who doesn't know this guy's backstory should definitely read it.  I can understand why those friends who have remained close to him are cheering him on to  redeem himself.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by fava on Wed May 06 2015, 19:22

Doug Ross wrote:I think we should separate work from personal life.
What a person does in his life only concerns him and the people who know him. His life shouldn't affect his work.
He's a racist but what we have to judge is his work, his dresses, not his thoughts, he's a stylish..
If I buy one of his dresses, I buy his creation not his ideas. When I'm wearing it, I'm not defending his racial thoughts or comments, I'm just wearing a dress that I like. His works are a thing, his thought another. Unless he's discriminating some races with his dresses, I don't see anything bad about buying one of them. 

(I'm sorry if my english is bad.)

Yeah, that's one of the arguments that some Hollywood (and other) folks use about Roman Polanski.

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 18:05

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum