George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
The vanishing Mrs Clooney EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The vanishing Mrs Clooney

+16
LornaDoone
melbert
fava
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
Nicky80
Joanna
mel01
MeganMorris
Cece42
annemarie
Katiedot
SideEyeSally
/
Alisonfan
amaretti
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The vanishing Mrs Clooney Empty The vanishing Mrs Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Sat 02 May 2015, 19:15

The vanishing Mrs Clooney

Back at work as a human rights lawyer in Washington, Amal Clooney cut a fragile looking figure compared to the glowing, radiant bride who married Bachelor George a year ago. Suddenly her life seems rather less enviable.

Wallis Simpson once said you can’t be too rich or too thin. I’m not sure the transformation of the gorgeous Mrs Clooney supports that.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back at work as a human rights lawyer in Washington, Amal Clooney cut a fragile looking figure (right) compared to the glowing, radiant bride (left) who married Bachelor George a year ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

The vanishing Mrs Clooney Empty Re: The vanishing Mrs Clooney

Post by Donnamarie Sun 03 May 2015, 04:24

I think the Daily Mail reporters should be commended for not reading what the hell they write.

Amal on May 1st: "... cuts a fragile looking figure compared to the glowing, radiant bride who married George a year ago."  Suddenly her life is less than enviable.  Really?  That's not how they usually describe  her in their copy.  And by the way they haven't been married a year.

On April 30th when they reported her leaving the National Press Club:  "The 37 year old beauty appeared the epitome chic leaving the National Press Club ..."
(That's an exact quote where they left "of" out of the sentence).

The unflattering light in the pic at the Club certainly made Amal look pale and highlighted circles under eyes which were seen in some other pictures as well.  But there are also a number of far more flattering pics of her at the same press conference.  

They write such drivel about George and Amal and are usually sucking up to them in every public appearance.
It's agonizing to read the way they write about the two of them. Whether it's good or bad!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sun 03 May 2015, 14:26

Even though these pictures are not that flattering and she appeared to be tired, you can definitely see that her facial features are sharper compared to early pictures of her. She has lost some weight, also in her face. And when you don't have much fat to lose anyway, everything that you do lose, is too much in my opinion. I think she is too skinny but it is not my body so it's not up to me to judge the way she takes care of herself. It could be just stress or the constant media attention but something is definitely affecting her.

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 03 May 2015, 14:58

I don't know that anything is affecting her. I think all women know what they want to look like and at what weight they are comfortable where as many think she looked better with more weight she may feel differently. Which is her decision and as long as she is healthy and happy that is all that matters.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by SideEyeSally Sun 03 May 2015, 16:12

I've been reading the comments in this blog for many weeks. I have to commend Donnamarie and Annemarie in their ability to always see the positive.

SideEyeSally
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 May 2015, 17:03

To be honest I think it's a lot to do with different make up techniques - the collar bone is still there, she's not hugely tanned, she's in a dark appropriate work suit for a lawyer holding a press conference and then visiting the Senate and the US Secretary of State.

If you look back at the pics from, say, d'Oleandra or Harry's Bar in the summer, she's much the same - yep, a delicate bone structure (me too) - and I'm sure the healthy exercise she's getting means she's not putting a lot of weight!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 03 May 2015, 17:58

I love her jeans . They look great with her small waist and long legs . I like the light blue wash and mid rise .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 03 May 2015, 18:12

Pictures above very worring.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sun 03 May 2015, 18:29

annemarie wrote:I don't know that anything is affecting her. I think all women know what they want to look like and at what weight they are comfortable where as many think she looked better with more weight she may feel differently. Which is her decision and as long as she is healthy and happy that is all that matters.

That is true and if you place yourself in her position, you would not be happy about the fact that other people might judge your body. I've read comments about her breasts, I've seen on other websites that people described her as manly or compared her to a horse and it baffles me that people are so harsh on her and discussing very private things. I hope she doesn't read any of that stuff. What's the point of this article anyway?
Ultimately, she has to feel happy about herself. I have my own opinion about her looks (which I've shared above) but I'm going to keep it private from now on.

Last edited by Codexchick on Sun 03 May 2015, 18:44; edited 2 times in total

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Sun 03 May 2015, 18:35

This article is from Amanda Platell's column in the Daily Mail. I'm not keen on some of the stuff she writes as I feel she is very critical and in my opinion doesn't often show a balance in what she is writing about.

Looking at those pictures of Amal the first one was taken in the early days of her relationship with George when the were out for dinner. She looks happy and has a tan suggesting they may have recently been on holiday. The second picture, I believe, was taken recently in a work setting when it was likely she was talking about some human rights issues so she would not be full of smiles which would be inappropriate. It certainly does not mean that she is unhappy in her marriage.

It therefore seems unfair to compare these particular pictures but I think the press seems to do this quite a lot. Yes, Amal's face looks a little slimmer and she is paler as she has been in New York over the last few months when it has been cold. I've looked at some of the photos taken while Amal was representing Julian Assange and her face looked slimmer then, before she was going out with George. In fact I think she looked less healthy in those photos as she had darker shadows round her eyes and looked quite tired.

So I don't think there has been a negative transformation as Ms Platell's article suggests. We've seen quite a number of pictures of Amal with and without George recently and though slim she seems happy and contented.

Hebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 03 May 2015, 18:44

Codexchick I don't think you said anything offensive.  I know that you have positive views of Amal.  I think some of those pics from the press club were not as flattering but I attribute it more to the lighting than to how she actually looked.  Other pics looked like she always does. 
She is very slim and I think some of her outfits accentuate it more than others.  As PAN posted earlier she doesn't really look any different than she did almost a year ago.  If you look at old pics of her at some of her meetings or with Julian Assange she had dark circles and looked tired.  She's allowed to look tired and it can easily show in and around her eyes.

But you are right in that it doesn't seem fair for all of us to judge her appearance but unfortunately she is very  much in the public spotlight and she will continue to be praised and criticized.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 03 May 2015, 18:49

So true, Hebe.....

But it's filled part of Platell's column and created a few more column inches  on a currently popular subject with that magic name. Job done as far as she's concerned unfortunately

Grazia has a similar story.......maybe the columnists met for a drink

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 03 May 2015, 18:55

Codexchick you didn't say anything offensive. I agree with you the judging of other women's bodies needs to stop. Not just Amal but all women we need to try and respect their feelings and how they look we are all different shapes and sizes and that is a wonderful thing.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 03 May 2015, 21:30

I've been curious for a long time to know how tall Amal is. Finally decided to look it up and found this (I don't know how recent or accurate their info is.)

healthyceleb.com
     height: 5'8" (173m)
     weight: 128 lbs (58kg)
     measurements: 34-24-34 in. (87-64-87 cm)
     bra size: 32B
     dress size: 4US (34 EU)

Draw your own conclusions.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 03 May 2015, 22:05

I think personally what she weighs is her business not any of ours. If she feels good and is happy then that is all that matters. I wouldn't want any one talking about my weight its just not nice. She married a celeb but somethings need to be left alone and for me her weight is one of them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganMorris Sun 03 May 2015, 22:48

I told you this would happen. They are still in the beginning and this will get even worse. Not as worse as some women more famous than her, but she will get her part. I hope she is prepared and doesn't read the bullshit and doesn't let this into her life by addressing it.

They should stop answering every little rumor, story etc that is what the press wants, a sound bite from them.  I wished George publicist would stop give them what they want.

Last edited by MeganMorris on Sun 03 May 2015, 23:44; edited 1 time in total

MeganMorris
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by SideEyeSally Sun 03 May 2015, 23:30

LizzyNY, I truly question the validity of your information. Elizabeth Hurley is 5'8" tall and weighs 130 lbs. Kate Hudson is 5'6" tall and weighs 115lbs. I would be surprised if Amal (who is stated as either 5'7" or 5'8" tall) weighs more than 105 lbs. I would further guess that I am not alone in my opinion.

As stated by many, whatever makes her feel good...and hopefully, healthy.

SideEyeSally
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 May 2015, 01:04

Side Eye Sally - As I said in my post, I have no idea how accurate the information is. I just came across it when I was trying to find out how tall Amal is. Whether you believe it or not is your choice.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 04 May 2015, 01:42

I can believe Amal weighs 128 lbs.  It has been said before she is 5'8".  I'm the same height and weigh 130 lbs.  people always call me skinny.  I don't see myself that way at all.  But if I lose 5 lbs. it's going to show.  She has a small frame. I do too. 

There is just too much criticism over her weight.  It's not our business. It may not even be George's business.  She has a challenging job, she is a new wife and she is trying to get accustomed to the limelight.  She has a lot on her plate.  She loves fashion and she indulges in it. So what?  Who is it hurting?  If there are personal issues for her then she and George will address them.  It's not our business.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 04 May 2015, 02:17

I guess we ought to close Open House then.  I know this is Clooney's Open House, and as the heading says :

George Clooney's Open House
A (mostly) friendly George Clooney fan site updated daily with all the latest Clooney news, Clooney gossip, Clooney videos and Clooney pictures. Need more Clooney? It's all here!

They're married - she's news.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 04 May 2015, 02:42

She is news melbert but for some here she's folly and ridiculed.  I just think as grown women we would treat her as we should treat each other - with a bit of respect and fairness.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 May 2015, 03:02

Her weight is not news her work and her relationship to me are news. Her weight is her personal business. Men don't do this to each other I'm sure Ben and the boys aren't discussing George's weight and putting him down for it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Mon 04 May 2015, 03:43

Well George's weight has been frequently discussed on this forum.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 04 May 2015, 06:08

She married a celebrity so everything about her is news!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 04 May 2015, 07:58

Unless Amal herself shared the information about her height and weight, anything we read here is purely speculation by people who have no more factual information than any of us do here.

I would guess that like all women, her weight fluctuates a little from time to time and of course everyone looks different in different clothes. Hair cut and pose will also affect how a person looks, so no, you can't easily compare photos.

I personally think Amal is underweight and could stand to gain a few pounds (don't even get me started on Angelina Jolie) but that's just my opinion and actually her weight is none of my business. As long as she's happy with herself (and we'll NEVER know the answer to that) then all's good and well.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 May 2015, 11:18

For me I agree with Katiedot her weight is none of our business . That she married a celebrity for me does not matter she is not the celebrity George is and she deserves some things that are personal to remain so. When will we as women learn that talking about other women's weight and giving only our opinions can cause a lot of harm and pain. Celebrity or not it is not necessary and just plain rude.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 04 May 2015, 13:38

It may not be anyones business, and she may not be a celebrity, but she is married to a giant celebrity, so you put yourself out there, like it or not!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganMorris Mon 04 May 2015, 13:45

Katiedot wrote:Unless Amal herself shared the information about her height and weight, anything we read here is purely speculation by people who have no more factual information than any of us do here.

I would guess that like all women, her weight fluctuates a little from time to time and of course everyone looks different in different clothes.  Hair cut and pose will also affect how a person looks, so no, you can't easily compare photos.  

I personally think Amal is underweight and could stand to gain a few pounds (don't even get me started on Angelina Jolie) but that's just my opinion and actually her weight is none of my business.  As long as she's happy with herself (and we'll NEVER know the answer to that) then all's good and well.  
Looking at pictures Angelina is not as skinny as Amal. And Angelina is not as taller as Amal. But that doesn't even matter and Angelina shouldn't even be brought up. That is one of the problems, comparing women and putting them against each other. We all diferent and come in all different shapes and sizes.

Angelina has been thin since she was a kid. Very thin, with very thin arms and legs. The only time Angelina had a little more weight was during the 1st Tomb Raider.  But for that they had to put her on a special diet, give her pills, supplements etc and on a special training. Still her arms and legs were basically the same.

Angelina has the same weight since she was about 17. With very little fluctuations, except has I said the 1st Tomb Raider and in 2007 after her mother died. The only thing that changed in the last almost 25 years, is that she lost, as everyone as they get older and are not fat, the rounder, fuller face.

Her daughter Shiloh has the exact same body as mother.

All you have to do is have followed angelina or look at her pictures and films

I can quickly show it to you

Angelina from 1992 to 2015

Angelina pregnant with Shiloh and the twins in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 with the same thin arms and legs

Angelina receiving the "Sergio Vieiria de Mello Citizen of the World Award" in 2003

Angelina at MAMS premiere in Mexico in 2005

Angelina promoting "The Tourist" in Paris, 2010

Angelina at the Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow Premiere in 2004

Angelina at the MTV TRL studio in 2003

Angelina photographed by Davis Factor in 1995

Angelina promoting Salt in 2010

Angelina in the set Of Life of something Like it  in 2002

Angelina at the premiere of Original sin in 2001

Angelina in Madrid in 2003

Angelina heavily pregnant with twins in 2008

And I could go on through all the pics from every year since she is in the public eye lol for almost 25 years.

But just to finish
Angelina is very thin, but strong.

And as I said her daughter Shiloh has her exact same body type as her mother. Genetics

The same body type and other parts lol Lips, nose etc.

Sorry for the spam but I had too. Angelina has been dealing with this bullshit since she started acting and being in the public eye. She has been bullied since she was a kid for being skinny.

The press behaves the away they do towards women and their bodies, bulling them, because we do that to each other.

MeganMorris
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganMorris Mon 04 May 2015, 14:31

The Edit button is not working for me. Just a little more spamming

Angelina at 17, 28 and 39 years old
Angelina in the last few days and weeks

MeganMorris
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 04 May 2015, 16:47

Um, since when is Amal not a celebrity? Yes, she married a hugely famous man, but so have other women, and they have managed to stay out of the public eye except for events concerning their husbands. If Amal wanted to be only an international lawyer and the wife of George Clooney, she would behave differently. But she hasn't, so that means she doesn't. She's a celebrity, and, to me, it looks like that is by choice.

Amal has put herself out there with the papp walks, and 'showing' designer clothing that isn't yet available to the public, and having her wedding prep in Vogue magazine, etc etc etc. It wasn't George posing in his dressing room for a Vogue article about the wedding. And no designer offers clothes to a woman just because she takes high-profile court cases. Amal is a celebrity. Whether she deserves the dissection of her looks is another story, but she knew what the deal is going in, and she set herself up for it anyway. The scrutiny, impolite or whatever, comes with the territory.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Mon 04 May 2015, 17:04

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Um, since when is Amal not a celebrity? Yes, she married a hugely famous man, but so have other women, and they have managed to stay out of the public eye except for events concerning their husbands. If Amal wanted to be only an international lawyer and the wife of George Clooney, she would behave differently. But she hasn't, so that means she doesn't. She's a celebrity, and, to me, it looks like that is by choice.

Amal has put herself out there with the papp walks, and 'showing' designer clothing that isn't yet available to the public, and having her wedding prep in Vogue magazine, etc etc etc. It wasn't George posing in his dressing room for a Vogue article about the wedding. And no designer offers clothes to a woman just because she takes high-profile court cases. Amal is a celebrity. Whether she deserves the dissection of her looks is another story, but she knew what the deal is going in, and she set herself up for it anyway. The scrutiny, impolite or whatever, comes with the territory.

I have to say I agree with u Way2. Ok the Vogue spread and the big wedding was fine and understandable, but everything else since..Sigh

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganMorris Mon 04 May 2015, 17:53

I confess I haven't seen pictures of Amal before George, but I assume she was always skinny? If so it's her genetics.

All she has to do to do is not let this bullshit into her life and keep being herself.

The media won't be as hard with her as they are with other women.

MeganMorris
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 04 May 2015, 18:08

Amal Clooney reveals her much slimmer frame seven months after tying the knot to George as she steps out in a loose jumper and oversized denim flares

She's one of the most envied women in the world, with a high-flying career as an international lawyer, respect from her peers, a fantastic wardrobe and George Clooney as a husband.

But Amal Clooney may have hinted she's feeling the pressure of such a busy lifestyle in the spotlight as she stepped out to meet him on the set of the actor's new film Money Monster on Saturday looking slimmer than ever.

The 53-year-old actor was spotted with his 37-year-old wife of seven months, as well as her mother and sister at the New York City movie production.

Amal's sister, Tala, and mother Bariaa - plus the sister's presumed boyfriend, Nico - all got to see George in action.

Based on the Clooneys' attire when they met up, this was not a formal visit.

But all eyes were no doubt on Amal, who has been looking far slimmer than her former self, of late.

As she emerged with George and her relatives, her slight figure appeared to be dwarfed in her stylish garments: a simple, pale pink knit with half-sleeves, along with faded blue flared jeans.

Although she has always been a slim woman, she looked far more svelte than she did at her gorgeous wedding day in September.

She was seen standing on the steps of the exclusive Hotel Cipriani in Venice after tying the knot with George, displaying her enviably curvaceous yet model-like figure in a thigh skimming Giambattista Valli couture dress.

But it seems the pressures of a sudden life in the spotlight may have taken their toll on the British human rights lawyer, who is shrinking down in size.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 May 2015, 18:29

Hopefully she doesn't read the non sense and is happily getting on with her life.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 May 2015, 18:36

How much more, I wonder.......

If you look at the photos of her grandmother she looks just like her. 

Amal's frame is tiny, and none of that is likely to change. The photo they gave guests at the wedding shows that, and if she gets advice from Anna Wintour, who she may already have known (remember this is the lady who was awarded the Jack Shrigley Prize in entertainment law, and was in NYC for ten years with Sullivan and Cromwell) who can blame her?

She has always worn high-end clothes and at the same time bought fashion compassion jewellery and vintage pieces. Nothing is new.

She is surrounded by people who love her who I am sure would tell her if they thought she was unusually thin, and these photos are no different to the ones taken at Heathrow when they left for LA in November.

Journos looking for different angles to go with the pics.......Mail wording interesting: she apparently 'may have hinted she's feeling the pressure'. Non story.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 May 2015, 19:08

I agree with you Party animal-not people seem not to realize Amal has been raised with money designer clothes are not new to her. The only difference is now the press are writing about them because she married George.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 04 May 2015, 19:42

Amal Clooney is the "new kid on the block"
and obviously the press are going to be writing all
kinds of inane stuff about her.
I wouldn't think she'd be reading any of it.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 04 May 2015, 20:22

IMHO at this point she is most definitely a celebrity and it is as much by choice as by chance. There are many women married to huge celebrities and we rarely or never see them in the media. And please don't say it's because she married George, because the only times we've seen HIM recently is when he's been at work or WITH HER (or her family). He manages to fly under the radar fairly often. She, on the other hand, gets papped every time she steps outside. I don't know if this is her doing or if it's George's PR machine at work, but whatever it is she has become a media focus.

If that's how she chooses to live (or she and George choose to live), God bless, but it is a choice. Please don't ask me to feel sorry for her. If she wanted more privacy she would have it.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 May 2015, 20:35

Mm, well when you have paps waiting on 24 hour watch at every single exit of the hotel you're living in (and that includes the garage) to see if you're going to pop out for a sandwich or lunch around the corner, I'm not sure that privacy is that much of a choice. 

Saw exactly that this week, and I think you either have to just get on with your life or stay in the hotel all of the time. Not too many options there.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 May 2015, 20:44

Oh, and as far as the press are concerned, she sells newspapers and that's what makes the editors, directors, advertisers and shareholders happy

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 04 May 2015, 20:47

I'm not sure Amal is complaining.  She has gotten expert advice from her husband on how to deal with the media attention.  And so far she has  barely uttered a word to the press except when discussing her cases.  She seems to handle the paps with poise and confidence.  

We don't know if she reads the stuff about herself but I'm sure George has advised her to stay clear of any press written about her.  Early advice was to shut down her Twitter account. I would think Amal would follow George's lead. 

I don't feel sorry for Amal.  I just don't like the nasty comments made about her that are uncalled for.  I would say that about anyone who is in the public eye and unearning of negative and insulting comments.  Just because the internet is full of nasty commentary on many well known figures doesn't make it acceptable or appropriate.  It's rudeness that so many people have come to expect and it's become the norm.  Doesn't make it right.

The Daily Mail sucks. They are so two-faced!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 04 May 2015, 20:59

And by the way I don't think it would matter who he married.  The press would be all over them too.  What if it was Stacey or Elisabetta?  It would be the same.  Only a woman who is basically a shut-in could avoid the press if she was George's wife.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 04 May 2015, 21:29

Amal may indeed have a "thin frame," but when we first saw her, there was some meat on it. Not a lot, but some. You did not look at her and automatically think "thin." That she has lost a noticeable amount of weight and  kept it off in the intervening year and a half says that this is the way she wants to look.

And she may have worn high-end clothes before, but she was not wearing two high-couture outfits a day, and almost certainly wasn't having designer items loaned or given to her. That is part of the Clooney upgrade. And I think she is very conscious of maintaining the type of figure that designers prefer their creations be worn on.

I don't think there's any doubt that there has been a significant weight loss. It's not how certain items fit, or how she stands, or the lighting. She's thinner, period. And people will continue to comment on it. If she likes how she looks -- and I assume she does -- then the comments won't bother her.

I don't happen to think that extreme thinness is attractive or healthy. But that's me. She likes to be thin, and George likes her thin, and the designer duds are made for thin women. It works all the way around.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 04 May 2015, 22:47

party animal - not! wrote:Mm, well when you have paps waiting on 24 hour watch at every single exit of the hotel you're living in (and that includes the garage) to see if you're going to pop out for a sandwich or lunch around the corner, I'm not sure that privacy is that much of a choice. 

Saw exactly that this week, and I think you either have to just get on with your life or stay in the hotel all of the time. Not too many options there.

Sorry i don't agree (ok maybe I agree partly Very Happy ).

Same thing happen to George when he was in Berlin. The paps were waiting everywhere and he still made it out not to be seen. To give you an example:

1.  when George left the Soho Hotel in Berlin the paps were waiting for him at the Garage. George car came out of the garage , Hotel security came out at the same timeand stoped the traffic of the road until George was out of sight. Caused big traffic jams for a Minute and a lot of People hunking the horns hehehehe

2. when paps managed to follow George car because they were waiting one block down the road he had a security car coming up out of nowhere slowing down the traffic. When George car came closer to the traffic light his car slowed down too. When the traffic light turned red George's car started to go fast and the security car stoped and everyone behind him had to stop too.

And I don't know guys if you remember when I posted when George came back to Berlin for the Berlinale MM premier and after that he went to an Italian Restaurant. One of the paps gave me a ride. In front of the restaunrat and at the Garage where at least 30 paps and another 20 autograph hunter. But no photo was taken.  He came in so fast and left so fast no one catched him. He was there with Bill Murray and John Goodman.

What I try to say is, it is possible to avoid the press if you want to. Not always of course but i think George does that very well. And Amal wants the other way that's why you see more of her then of George. (Just my opinion)

Way2Old4Dis wrote:...........

And she may have worn high-end clothes before, but she was not wearing two high-couture outfits a day, and almost certainly wasn't having designer items loaned or given to her. That is part of the Clooney upgrade. And I think she is very conscious of maintaining the type of figure that designers prefer their creations be worn on..

Yes agree and I think that's the reason she has to show herself to the paps. Don't mean it in a bad way. It is just Business.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 04 May 2015, 23:09

Yep, I'm sure they may be able to manage that depending on the circumstances, and I saw all those sorts of techniques being used at the Carlyle - dummy cars, driving round the block with multiple black limousines, security men on walkie talkies, but the site of the hotel is very tight and very public and the traffic is horrendous. Quick getaway is impossible. Even police cars couldn't get through the traffic for a protest march  

One of the restaurants Amal went to for lunch is literally 100 yards away in a side road opposite the place. Anyone else would be able to walk across the road. Maybe she should go out in diguise.

Of course George is very happy to show her off -  and he also has a couple of films to publicise......

And for all the coverage, there's much more that we don't see. As Rande Gerber is quoted as saying 'We are stealth'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 04 May 2015, 23:45

I think it has to do more with Amal trying to live her life in as normal a manner as possible. Let's face it George's fame limits him he has to go stealth or cause pandemonium. I think George wants his wife to live as she did before him no hiding enjoying life. There is no need to hide she isn't doing anything wrong she doesn't talk to the press their private life is private. I agree there is much we don't see of the two of them they are only seen when they want to be seen . It was really lovely to see them on the set laughing and being a normal happy couple we don't get to see that side of them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 05 May 2015, 00:17

She is following the same "incredible shrinking woman" path as the last 3 women in George's life.  I am sure there are threads here on all of them.  He apparently likes super skinny and wears them out or neglects to feed them.......

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 May 2015, 01:02

fava I'm assuming you're joking.

If not why would you even be a Clooney fan.  That's a pretty strong indictment of him as a person.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 05 May 2015, 01:46

Fava  - If the women in his life are thin because he "wears them out" that's a diet most women would line up to be on! Hell, I know I would! He could wear me out like that any time! lol!

As far as neglecting to feed them goes, unless he keeps them locked in a cage, no one's stopping them from eating. How could he? He's not with them 24/7 and besides, George likes food. It's more likely the women try to keep him on a diet (ex:Stacy).
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 05 May 2015, 02:17

LizzyNY wrote:Fava  - If the women in his life are thin because he "wears them out" that's a diet most women would line up to be on! Hell, I know I would! He could wear me out like that any time! lol!

As far as neglecting to feed them goes, unless he keeps them locked in a cage, no one's stopping them from eating. How could he? He's not with them 24/7 and besides, George likes food. It's more likely the women try to keep him on a diet (ex:Stacy).

Lizzy your first paragraph- oh yea! What a way to go.  And with a smile on your face.

I have never noticed any change physically in the women George has dated in the past.  They are all pretty damn fit to begin with.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next