I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney is heading to Edinburgh to back sandwich charity for the homeless Social Bite

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: George Clooney is heading to Edinburgh to back sandwich charity for the homeless Social Bite

Post by party animal - not! on Mon Nov 16 2015, 13:53

More money raised

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Re: George Clooney is heading to Edinburgh to back sandwich charity for the homeless Social Bite

Post by hathaross on Tue Nov 17 2015, 11:22

I was going to post it LOL 

I was trying to find a link or something of that scrubs since I saw the vid on instagram of the woman who get him to sign it, but apparently it was to raise money in a dinner. 

I love the idea and the value of that scrubs. The same color of Doug Ross scrubs and to help children Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 11:43

I just read a comment on Amal's fashion blog. Someone mocked that he only donated $ 1,000 at the sandwich cafe which is much less than any of Amal's handbags cost.
That's true but it's also not the fact. Because George visited this cafe he brought attention to it. I'd never heard of this restaurant before and even the idea to pay for somebody else's food was new to me, and I think it's a great idea. George brought worldwide attention to this idea - medias all over the world in many different languages reported about his visit - and that's much more worth than the donation he gave - it's priceless!

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Tue Nov 17 2015, 11:49

There will always be people who say that it wasn´t enough, always!!! 

But I would like to know if all those people who mock or protest, give money to charity or help others. 

And becuase they have money and are rich does not mean they have to give thousands of dollars to everyone. George is doing enough with his time when he is not working. He has done and is doing a lot to help others. 

I don´t pay attention to these people, honestly.

hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 12:11

You're right, hathaross!
And I also shouldn't read these comments. Although it's interesting sometimes: Here there are people who think that Amal is not good enough for George, and on the other site there are people who think that George is not worth being Amal's husband!
That's quite funny actually!

Anyway, George does a lot, it's just not mentioned in the medias enough. So people don't always know (and we also don't know) how much work and money he puts in his charity projects: Not On Our Watch, SSP and the Sentinal Project. Maybe we'll never know about that but that's not the point of matter. He strikes new paths with his projects and does things governments can't do (like to watch borders with satellites) or won't do because of commitments (like to follow the money to see who finances dictators and terror).

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Tue Nov 17 2015, 13:10

......and just to reinforce what we're saying, it's worth noting that if you google this story you will find that even now, it is spread across almost 450 outlets around the world........

It can do nothing but good - for at least three different charities

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 13:49

True PAN.  It amazes me how critical some people are of the extent to which George reaches out to humanitarian causes.  You find it in anonymous commenters and even a few journalists who question his sincerity to his causes.

To me it's pretty audacious to question how many charities he supports and how much he gives of himself.  The fact is he is involved in a number of causes.  Look at the list of charities he gives money to. Can his critics claim they do a minuscule of what he does?   Probably not.

Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen on Tue Nov 17 2015, 13:57

Okay... my 2 cents worth.....
George public donates a thousand- but privately donates more??????

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 14:13

PigPen wrote:Okay... my 2 cents worth.....
PigPen,
that's also my suggestion. But we'll never know until somebody talks about it.
But to me it doesn't matter:
$ 1,000 means a lot of sandwiches for some homeless, especially since it's getting colder. 
And the most valuable he gave to this organization is his time and his name and credit. And that's just prizeless.

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 14:17

PigPen wrote:Okay... my 2 cents worth.....

Most likely.  And as PAN mentioned the publicity he created when he went to Edinburgh is invaluable.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 14:20

Oops.  CH, we just said the same thing. Didn't mean to belabor the point.  Just meant to agree with PigPen's thought.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 14:26

Donna,
we seem to be likeminded Very Happy

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe on Tue Nov 17 2015, 15:15

There is likely to be considerably more money for both Social Bite and Not On Our Watch as I understand that the proceeds from £5 donations for a chance to have lunch with George will be divided between the two charities. That seems to have been very popular. I don't know how much money was raised but it must have been quite a lot. I heard lots of people say they had bought a few tries for the lunch with George too.

I'm glad that the children at Yorkhill Hospital in Glasgow will benefit from George's visit.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Tue Nov 17 2015, 15:25

carolhathaway wrote:Here there are people who think that Amal is not good enough for George, and on the other site there are people who think that George is not worth being Amal's husband!
That's quite funny actually!

It is!! I have read sooooo many mean posts about Amal and George, but I don't care at all. And they neither,  lol !!! 

Some of them are rough to read, but it's easy for people  to be mean when you are behind a screen. 

If you see, every comment is based in jealousy or envy. People get frustated, would love to have their lifes,  want to be in their skin,  be Amal, be George........ 

I am happy seeing him, every single day. Love to see what he does, where he is or they, what is new in his life, how happy he is, his work, his work time off and what he does, charity, ads,... Basically, seeing him living!!  Rolling Eyes and I will love and support every single thing he does in his life. 
And I only like to read or want to read what others fans think about him, because they are fans and also know his life. So these people posting mean comments about him, is because they don't know him, they just have jealousy/envy inside, then why they are reading and posting about him?

And talking about the money and charity. Almost all of us we would not have known about Social Bite or other charity projects if it wasn't for him. I would love to go there someday If I go to Edinburgh Very Happy and same with other places. We would have not hear that much about Darfur if it wasn't for  him Smile 

Btw, I reached 1000 posts!!!!  cheers cheers

hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 16:08

I he probably gave more privately not everything has to be made public. 

As for the nasty comments I just think there are those who have nothing better to do with their time than to put others down and try to find fault in anything and everything. These people are truly sad.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 16:09

Congrats on your 1000 post hathaross!!!

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 17:01

Hathaross,
I absolutely agree with you! George and Amal live a privileged life - with a lot of advantages and also a lot of disadvantages. Their life isn't a fairytale, they are recognized everywhere and can't hide, and if they should ever have a child it will be really hard for them to try to give it a normal childhood. But I'm sure they are very aware of the privileges they have.

And what George did in Edinburgh is exactly what he talked about in interviews: he uses his popularity to shine a light on issues that weren't recognized otherwise.

BTW: Congrats on your 1000. post!

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Tue Nov 17 2015, 17:37

Thanks Very Happy

Yes.... Their life has a lot of advantages but also disadvantages. I can't imagine if they have a child how it will be, I mean, press is gonna go crazy!!!

I can't wait to see George as a father, a daddy Smile , but the poor kid will be in every single mag, webpage,.....  although their parent try hard to keep he or she away from everything. It has not to be easy. Just tell Brad and Angelina, Beckham kids....  But at the same time, we would be waiting for all those pics  I love you 

prize of fame.

hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen on Tue Nov 17 2015, 17:59

Lots of talk about "when they have a baby"..... so, are folks leaning towards the baby rumors being true??

PigPen
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:30

I'm curious if the stories about them buying nursery furniture and hiring a nanny are true. I've seen them a few times in the last couple of weeks, but always attributed to a "source" - never confirmed.

I don't think she's pregnant, but I wouldn't be surprised if they adopt a child.

LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 19:58

I don't know. The rumors are rolling for more than one year (always alternating with divorce rumors). George never denied that he and Amal want to have children so it might be true. In the last pictures we saw of Amal there might be a baby bump but it was very blurry so it could be anything. I personally would love them to have a child (I always thought that George would make a great dad) but time will tell! As I said before - you can't hide a pregnancy until you don't disappear for about six months. Surprised

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 20:56

What I find interesting is no one has ever said Amal wants children , all I have read is that she is a doting aunt nothing from any of her friends or family declaring she wants kids. Only these unnamed sources saying so.

We know George has said he doesn't want children but if she wants them he loves her so anything is possible.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:04

If George became a dad I think he would be a real hands -on dad.  And a good dad!  I think it would be a real sacrifice for him.  He said once years ago that he was too selfish to have children.  His career was so important to him.  But of course a lot has changed since then.  

I can't imagine him employing a full time nanny.  It just doesn't seem like he would want his child raised that way.  I'm still on the fence as to whether they will have children.  Maybe they will just have dogs.  But I wouldn't be surprised either way at this point.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:09

Yep annemarie we don't know Amal's view.  There is so much we don't know about Amal as far as her opinions on many things.  

They have certainly discussed the issue and you are right.  If she wanted children I think he would be willing.  
When he met Amal and fell for her that was a game changer for him in so many ways.

Lizzy that's a possibility too for them.  Adopting.  Wouldn't be surprised by that either.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 21:16

Annemarie,
Amal hasn't spoken on private issues up to now, she has just done professional interviews. Neither has anybody from her family, friends etc. The only person who spoke about their private life was George. I know that in the past he said that he doesn't want children. I just mentioned that though he was asked this countless times since he got married he never said: "No, we decided that we don't want children on our own."
So I suggest they might want children. But that's just a suggestion. And since we saw Amal with maybe a baby pump plus she didn't go to the Casamigos launch in London could lead us to the speculation that she might be pregnant. But that's as much suggestion as all the gossip magazines do.
It wouldn't surprise me if they would have a child, it also wouldn't if they won't ever have one. And if not it doesn't mean that they don't want a child, it could also mean that they just can't beget a child.
As I said: Time will tell.

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:16

May have been me but I didn't see a bump I saw a woman having probably just eaten and it showed, at the premiere it was the shape of the dress not her stomach.

I feel like he got married so now he must want children ,  so for as long as Amal is of child bearing age this rumor will keep coming up. Lord help them if they simply decide no to have them and lord forbid not announce their decision to the world.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Tue Nov 17 2015, 22:33

Annemarie,
maybe that's true.
They don't need to announce anything, and we can't expect them to do so. I mean, they didn't announce their engagement officially, that happened through Amal's employee.
They do have every right to live their life as private as possible. Again - they can't really hide, are recognized everywhere. So they really need a liyal social circle they can trust.

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Tue Nov 17 2015, 23:25

I think that they have a loyal circle of friends and family around them , which is why all the rumors are simply that rumors their friends and family are not talking so the press have to make it up and rehash the same nonsense.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert on Wed Nov 18 2015, 02:52

Can we get back to the sandwich charity?

melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Wed Nov 18 2015, 09:03

Melbert,
you're absolutely right!
We were way off topic.
Sorry!

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed Nov 18 2015, 09:32

So here's where he stayed and what they are doing to help.........

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Wed Nov 18 2015, 10:44

PAN,
I already thought where George might have stayed when he was in Edinburgh. And it's really nice that they had presents for George, Amal and the dogs.
Their campaign to raise money in their restaurants is a great idea. I just hope that it doesn't stop their guests from tipping waiters and waitresses... But I guess that these Restaurants aren't cheap anyway so a donation of £1 won't bother any of their guests...

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Wed Nov 18 2015, 10:46

I just realized: George ist staying at the George Hotel on George Street?
That's really funny!

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed Nov 18 2015, 13:31

That is funny.  George in George on George.

Terrific story and wonderful strategy the local businesses have undertaken with Social Bite.  I'm thrilled that George chose this endeavor to support.  And it seems Edinburgh is thrilled that George was able to bring his celebrity to town and leave such a positive impact.

Wonder if George would consider attending the fundraising gala scheduled for next year?

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me on Wed Nov 18 2015, 13:46

George in George on George

always George !!!!!

it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Wed Nov 18 2015, 18:17

Dog tags

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Wed Nov 18 2015, 20:00

Well, I think that a collar is a useful gift for a dog, jewelry is something ... unnecessary. Just my opinion

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Wed Nov 18 2015, 21:36

True.  Wonder if that is a real diamond chip?  I would assume it is.  Geez.  I'm sure Einstein and Louie told Millie she hit the jackpot when she moved in.   Now she knows!  Diamonds, private planes and turkey meatballs.

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed Nov 18 2015, 21:57

The jewelry is more a name tag I think it's cute I don't think there are real diamonds in them though.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Wed Nov 18 2015, 22:29

I juck checked their website.
The price starts at £195 and may vary depending on the chosen material (silver, gold, platinum). You can also add one or more diamonds. So I guess it is a real diamond...

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross on Wed Nov 18 2015, 22:50

I can imagine George showing it to Millie and her sniffing it  Very Happy lol!

hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Wed Nov 18 2015, 23:14

What else would the well dressed dog wear but diamonds lol. If they are flying around in private jets why not.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Thu Nov 19 2015, 06:41

Well,
this was a gift given to George at an event so I guess he had to be polite and accept it. It's a different thing if Millie will ever wear it...
Maybe he has wheems of stuff given to him or they have wheems of stuff given to them they accepted because they couldn't say no. I remember a few wedding presents we weren't really excited about but couldn't refuse. I think we threw or give them away after a few years... And my mom then started a discussion about esteeming aunts etc. by cherishing  their presents. I think my parents still have some wedding presents they never ever used but still keep because it was given to them by a relative or neighbor who then passed away - and they're married for nearly 50 years...

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu Nov 19 2015, 11:15

Well , I actually like them and if they were my dogs I would let them wear them the diamond isn't huge so no one can tell it's even there. Although I would prefer silver to the gold.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! on Thu Nov 19 2015, 12:03

Invitations for the Clooneys

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Thu Nov 19 2015, 14:04

Just a question for the Brits: What's a 'Lord Provost'?
I'vs never heard of that, my translation site couldn't help me either.

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe on Thu Nov 19 2015, 20:53

The Lord Provost is the convenor of the City Council in Scotland and is similar to the role of Mayor in the rest of the UK.  We have Lord Provosts in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee. In other towns they have Provosts. 

I went to the Social Bite in Aberdeen at lunchtime for a sandwich and a member of staff there said that George's visit to Edinburgh had had a knock-on effect for the Aberdeen cafe. More people were aware of what Social Bite is about through reading about George's visit in the paper and had been coming in for their sandwiches and prepaying for food for homeless people in the area.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway on Thu Nov 19 2015, 21:10

Thanks, Hebe!
I've just been to England and Wales, never been to Scotland so I never heard this title before.

It's great to hear that George's visit to Social Bite really brought awareness and clients to this charity. That's really great, and I hope it will last.

carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie on Thu Nov 19 2015, 21:18

It is great that George has brought more attention to this cause.

annemarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Thu Nov 19 2015, 21:26

Hebe, have you come back down to earth since you saw and shook hands with our guy?  You lucky girl.

Yes, I'll third that!  Way to go George!

Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:23

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum