George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Why would George be in this Relationship? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Why would George be in this Relationship?

+22
it's me
MM
party animal - not!
Joanna
globalchick
Clooney
watching
Lighterside
socimar
Atalante
Stonehenge who?
Dexterdidit
blubelle
fava
sisieq
melbert
Katiedot
lolo"layla"
lelacorb
lucy
fluffy
bellybaby
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why would George be in this Relationship? Empty Why would George be in this Relationship?

Post by bellybaby Tue 10 May 2011, 13:45

Many of us, including now the French and Italian tabs, are saying that George and Eli's relationship is fake. There was mention/discussion, in another thread as to why it may have initially been contracted, or, let's say for the sake of argument, that initially, maybe there was actual interest between the two, and then a working contract developed. After all the pranks, and bad PR that Eli has brought to George's name, and given the fact that they are rarely seen out together anymore, why would George stay in this relationship? Or let everybody think there was a relationship, if indeed there isn't? Excluding the gay rumor. If there is a real relationship, why don't you think George wants to "own it" or flaunt it, by being seen with her more, and speaking positively about her, or supporting her publicly?
What would the conspiracy theories be??

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Why would George be in this Relationship? Empty Re: Why would George be in this Relationship?

Post by fluffy Tue 10 May 2011, 13:56

Bellybaby, surely if there is a contract and quite clearly Liz IMO would be in breach of contract (thro drugs/iffy parties...), then I'm sure that Gee would be able to terminate and if needs be pay off any embarassment. I did comment yesterday that Liz could be the next "Lisa", so maybe Gee as somone else pointed out, just likes what she may do behind closed doors! But I don't think they are "together" just simply for what each can gain. If the film quotas keep coming along, Gee's going to be booked up for quite some time, so maybe the Lisa effect isn't so way off??
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Why would George be in this Relationship? Empty Re: Why would George be in this Relationship?

Post by lucy Tue 10 May 2011, 15:13

The whole contract theory is just not believable, why? Because George can't find a pretty woman willing to date him and keep her mouth shut, with all the perks that goes along with that? They are and have been in a relationship because he is attracted to her, and enjoys all the perks that goes along with that no matter the cost. He might be tried of the long periods of one night stands, and enjoys having a familiar woman to date, including the long periods of time apart. Bettabuns is a George Clooney fantasy. JIMO
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 10 May 2011, 16:00

But according to George you need a contract to have a woman?
If George was gay we will love it less?
George is a great because he did not care about what people say
because he has never hidden nor that he was sleeping with many women nor
having used drugs .... sincere way down to this is a great
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Tue 10 May 2011, 17:42

@lucy
Bettabuns is a George Clooney fantasy. JIMO
explain? again.

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 10 May 2011, 17:46

The only real reason George would be in a contract relationship with Betty would be if he was gay.

There are contract relationships out there (cough Jenniferanistoninthebreakup cough) but it's always between two stars, never a star and a complete unknown.

In business terms, Betty brings nothing to the table so there's no reason for him to date her other than because he wants to.

Why has they suddenly gone into hiding? Who knows? Relationships and people change. Two reasons i can think of:

1. the imdb nutcases have been suffiently alarming and persuaded George to keep it out of the public eye

2. he's sick of all the "it's just for PR" talk which damages his reputation almost as much as the "he's gay" talk. If there are no PR events for them then no one can accuse him of dating her for PR

JMO as always!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 May 2011, 17:50

Sounds better than most Katie!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 10 May 2011, 20:19

Lolo, GC. fantasy : good-looking, nice body, younger,available-convenient, and someone he is attracted to.IMO betta is all of this.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 10 May 2011, 20:44

I think it started as a relationship. I think he realized they didn't get along as a relationship. Most of us have said that EC is not going to be easy to breakup with. I think this is the case now - IMHO.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 10 May 2011, 20:59

If it ever came out that this was a "contract" or "PR" relationship ( and I don't believe it is). My respect for George would plummet. He's go too much going for him to manipulate people in that way and still deserve their respect. JMO.

He always seems as self-effacing about his relationship as he is about himself, which sometime makes him seem really offhand about the woman involved, but it just seems to be the way he is. Never comes out with the "she's great and I support her 100%" that other guys seem to say easily.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 10 May 2011, 23:36

O.K. don't throw things at me but I can't believe that during their separations they aren't getting it on with others. This relationship may be working because there aren't any long term expectations. Betta appears and disappears seemingly at G's request. IMO he is high voltage and you need to bend to his will. If it is an open relationship then no problem, he does what he wants and so can she until he wants her to appear.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 10 May 2011, 23:58

Great theory Blubelle, but ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! As good as he is at hiding from the paps, it is absolutely possible for him to have a houseful of potential bed partners for any relief that he may need. Same with her, but maybe a little more difficult as she does seem to love the camera. Although, apparently not lately. lol
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 May 2011, 03:55

Lainey said as much about Sarah Larson: that she was the ideal girlfriend who was cool with him bringing others home as long as she was the only one who had the key to his house. I'm paraphrasing because I can't be bothered to find the actual quote.

Although how the hell Lainey would know this is anyone's guess so I'd take that with a pinch of salt.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 11 May 2011, 12:59

What's that old Irish saying " the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know ". No I'm not calling her-them a devil, but have put some thought into this ( too much ) over the years, when they split who comes next, and will she be any more acceptable to his fans?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 11 May 2011, 13:12

This is so weird....the second time I've posted something, it says it posts, and I come back later, and it's gone What a Face

...now I can't remember what it was.... Shocked

I love the open relationship theory.....but why do that? why pretend you're together, to "date" other people? Wouldn't it be easier to not be seen as "girlfriend/boyfriend", and all the expectations that people put on that, especially with him, and just see/ Humping each other when you wanted to?

And the contract idea.....I'd never heard of, until George...(cough Jenniferanistoninthebreakup cough) that's hysterical! I could see a confidentiality thing, from his side, cuz the girl would definitely be the one getting most of the perks. And, yeah, the only other reason I could see would be to cover something up, .....and there goes the gay rumor mill again....
that's why I wanted to start this thread.....to see what other reasons someone might have for doing this.....
Typically, when people are in a relationship, they look happy, and are happy to be seen, and support who they're dating. If not, then they break up - even movie stars......George's behavior when it comes, especially to this relationship, is anything but typical....

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 11 May 2011, 13:17

@ lucy....probably not. And while I'm not a Betta fan, cuz she's too obvious in alot of her attempts for me .....but what if this were Celine (I didn't follow him on message boards then - but it seems that out of most of his gf's, she was one of the more acceptable ones?).....and their relationship was like this - rarely seen together, when they were, they don't look happy, etc......why would you stay in that relationship?

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 11 May 2011, 14:53

@Lucy: almost certainly not. And not just because he chooses badly when it comes to his girlfriends but also simply because we fans nitpick over every little detail.

I still think that George is spectacularly bad at showing his feelings in public. Ironic for someone who's chosen acting as a profession, I know.

bellybaby wrote:I love the open relationship theory.....but why do that? why pretend you're together, to "date" other people?
Why not? If it works for them then there's no problem, right? It is possible to be in a relationship with someone and still sleep around, if that's something both partners are happy with.

I think one big mistake we're making here is assuming that a relationship has to be all or nothing. In other words, they're either deeply in love or there's no relationship at all.

Realistically, most relationships aren't at either extreme. There are plenty of couples who get together, enjooy being together, feel fond of each other and then some time later split up because the relationship has come to an end.

We've all been in relationships that didn't work out and not all of those experiences were bad from the very beginning. So why's it so hard to think that George and Betty are happy enough together for now?

If George is being open with her about exactly what he feels about her and how he sees the future of their relationship, then she can't complain if she feels otherwise but says nothing.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 12 May 2011, 03:09

"If George is being open with her about exactly what he feels about her and how he sees the future of their relationship, then she can't complain if she feels otherwise but says nothing."

I agree Katie. I think she has made it very well known in her interviews that "he completes" her (I know she didn't say THAT exactly), but we also know that George doesn't do major PDA. Since we're not there, we don't know what happens when they're together privately. They have worked out what their feelings are, I'm sure. If it's real, we still won't know since he doesn't normally share that stuff. And, if she wants to stay around with him, she'll change her ways with her interviews, butt shots, and other obvious pap shots. I think that is what he's told her.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 May 2011, 04:13

Whatever he does, the women he has or allows close to him stick around until he ends it or forces the break-up by cheating. Betta comes off as very happy, true or not, who knows,but if he loves her why can't he just admit it ?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 May 2011, 11:21

Who says he loves her??? I don't think anyone here's saying that.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 May 2011, 11:49

Just in my mind(world) if you spend almost 2yrs. of your life with another person,and do the things he has done to help her career, to my way of thinking there is usually feelings of love involved.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 May 2011, 11:54

Just in my mind(world) if you spend almost 2yrs. of your life with another person,and do the things he has done to help her career, to my way of thinking there is usually feelings of love involved.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 12 May 2011, 12:01

Maybe more like lust rather than love?? I think if you are to be with "a person like that", surely it's more animal? Not like some of the other gf's who are not known and therefore stand a better chance of being loved?
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 May 2011, 12:09

Does anyone here believe George is capable of falling in love?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 12 May 2011, 12:49

Not at the moment! Maybe later on when he really falls for someone. But he has said his career is his wife. That is why he dates girls like Bette, they come an go as he pleases, he calls all the shots and he doesn't have to worry about real feelings. That is why I don't think either of them are in love cause anyone really in love would expect more then just being the girlfriend of two years later. Of course Bette is happy, she hardly ever works but get to travel first class, shops alot and doesn't have to worry about paying her bills and she gets lots of attention. Her dream job! I don't buy the suddenly he has decided to keep her private to protect whatever they have, if he had real feelings he would have done that in the beginning. It seems more like the end. It will be interesting when he starts filming again isn't that in the UK? Try to hide from the paps there!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 May 2011, 12:56

Maybe she will have the Cabo vaca, before Como, while he's filming in the UK? From what I've read it doesn't sound like he'll be filming for a long time in UK.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 12 May 2011, 12:59

Have to agree with Dexterdidit.....there's definitely been a downswing in the photo ops. Even of Eli by herself. Seems more like he's told her to chill out. When she has been interviewed lately, noting especially the last interview on E, she really sidetracks around George and their relationship. It's Like he's told her, to do what she wants to promote herself, use my name if you want, but we both know we're not "together", let people imply what they want...

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Thu 12 May 2011, 13:56

Have you heard anymore about when Gee could be in the Uk?? and for how long?
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 12 May 2011, 15:40

Yep, I think they're comfortable together. I don't think it's love, but whatever it is, it works. He gets a bimbo for sex and whatever else, whenever he wants her and when he doesn't want, he can send her back to Italy.

She gets money, fame and an easy life that doesn't require working unless you consider laughing at George's jokes and pretending he's really hot every time he wants a shag even though he's almost as old as your father working. Which I don't think she does.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 12 May 2011, 16:08

SO George Clooney fantasy available/convenient, right body build hair and eye color, with his money he should get himself a robot!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 13 May 2011, 01:29

Of course Bette is happy, she hardly ever works but get to travel first class, shops alot and doesn't have to worry about paying her bills and she gets lots of attention
Sadly, that's a description of ____________. (You fill in the blank.)

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 13 May 2011, 02:16

Help me Sisieq!! I don't know what goes in that blank...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehenge who? Fri 13 May 2011, 08:52

Either, it's the end Beaten
or
it's the beginning Wedding
Bounce

Stonehenge who?
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 13 May 2011, 19:01

I'll send you both a PM. I honestly don't know if Katie would want me to voice my opinion in a public forum. Anyone else wants to know, just send me a PM.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 13 May 2011, 20:52

Why would in thisw relationship?
Because he is happy otherwise it would not fit because it would make no sense
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 13 May 2011, 21:07

lelacorb wrote:Why would in thisw relationship?
Because he is happy otherwise it would not fit because it would make no sense
I honestly could agree with you, but IMHO, he just hasn't LOOKED happy in photos in the last few months except when he's alone or just with other people.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 13 May 2011, 21:11

How about this: If bored get a funny girl. Like kings had jesters to cheer them up, no ? Sounds good to me ! Basketball
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 13 May 2011, 21:19

George is certainly happy in this relationship because otherwise
would have already stopped, it has nothing to gain by staying in this
relationship if it was not happy .... let's not forget that he has always been
honest!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 14 May 2011, 04:33

Well, Lelacorb, our George has not ALWAYS been honest. I think that he's just sticking by his line "now if I talked about my personal life, it wouldn't be personal would it?" (or something like that)
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 14 May 2011, 05:06

@Sisie: I'm assuming the words you're thinking of would be along the lines of 'lady of negotiable affection', right? No problem with that from my point of view. Just be careful who you apply it to!!

Remember the old adage: if it looks like a slut and sounds like a slut, then it probably is being described by a bitter ex-girlfriend who can't believe she's been dumped for this slut. Wink
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 14 May 2011, 12:31

Very tactful katiedot,the next question would be, which bitter ex?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Why would George be in this Relationship? Empty Your fans are what made actors who they are

Post by socimar Sat 14 May 2011, 15:34

melbert wrote:Well, Lelacorb, our George has not ALWAYS been honest. I think that he's just sticking by his line "now if I talked about my personal life, it wouldn't be personal would it?" (or something like that)

What would happen if we all boycotted GC and/or EC movies and see just what happens? Actors don't realize that it is thanks to their fans if they go from sleeping in a "friend's closet" to stardom...and if they chose this line of work they become public figures and gave up their a personal life, a little price they have to pay for making a few million bucks and leading the glamorous life they do. If GC wants his personal life back and refuses to speak or elaborate truthfully regarding his 2-year old relationsip with Betty, then we should boycot all his movies until he does. I am a fan and I want respect.

As far as Betty is concerned she made a very bad choice. Sorry Betty but I was in Italy for 3 weeks in April and people are already saying "Elisabetta who??" and when I explain who I was talking about the answer was always the same, "she really blotched San Remo, thanks goodness she left for LA, please keep her there". Well in the history of Italian actresses moving to LA for a break in the movie industry, NOBODY made it even if their English was perfect. Who remembers Valeria Golino, she was bilingual and she made "Rainman" with Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise and later "Hot Shot". We haven't heard from her in 10-15 years. I can list a few others but their names would not ring a bell. Sophia Loren made it so to speak because she was already an international star and at that time beauty was more important than talent, however all her "American movies" were flops. Her best movies were made in Italy, speaking in her native tongue and acting with Marcello Mastroianni. Hollywood wants talent now and Betty has none. I highly respect one Italian actress, Anna Magnani (died several years ago). After playing an Italian housewife in the US in "The Rose Tattoo" with Burt Lancaster ( I believe she won an Oscar), she was offered several contracts in Hollywood but she said NO. She was far from being beautiful but had enormous talent which would have disappeared by making American movies. As it stands now she is still the best actress that Italy ever had and her movies are shown all over the US as part of the "Italian Neorealism Cycle". I just saw some of her movies this past winter at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC.
socimar
socimar
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sat 14 May 2011, 17:42

dear SOCIMar be a fan of an actor does not mean to choose him
the woman with whom to make love, I agree with George his personal life
His staff is not the fans ( can not find work
paparazzi!) admit the curiostà but not morbidity.
As for Elizabeth, can be considered friendly or
unpleasant, but may or may not like in Italy know it all
I assure you no exceptions (I am Italian, and on television almost
all day talking about her). Do you know what italians do not forgive her?
Had not given interviews since George and those in
the few that has released has always avoided talking about him (my life
private concerns there, said several times).
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 14 May 2011, 18:52

@ Socimar....where does it say that an actor "gives up his personal life" on any contract that they sign to star in a film or have a film career? I think you're very much mistaken.

What George and every other actor from the beginning of time agrees to do is to provide their fans with the very best effort in each and every performance. Since when does a $10 ticket to the movies entitle fans the right to choose his dating/life partners? No one in their right mind would sign up for that and I'm actually puzzled why you think any actor should care what we think of their life or bed partners.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 15 May 2011, 07:06

I completely agree with Lighter.

George Clooney owes his fans nothing other than good performances in good films.

As long as he's not breaking the law, his private life is his own.

Some crazy fans did try to start up a boycott of one of his films (either Leatheheads or Michael Clayton - can't remember now which one) because they objected to Sarah Larson. They claimed success because the film wasn't hugely successful but I think the film was never going to be that big anyway.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 15 May 2011, 11:50

Katie - I agree with that up until he accepted the UN Messenger of Peace appointment. Then he was open to having all aspects of his life dissected as he was more than a bloke in a film or a guy in an advertisement. He became a representative for the UN which means that all aspects of his life is fair game and up for discussion. If he didn't want everything in his life to be open for debate then he should not have taken the appointment. He could still have privately raised funds and personally lobbied for whatever action suited him at that time. But then if it didn’t have all the publicity, would he still have done it?

As a private individual should he be afforded the right to privacy - absolutely. But he is not just a private individual. He is also a very famous actor. And when he became an elected representative of an agency like the UN who used his fame as the reason why he got the appointment over other people who would have more experience and knoweldge, he became like a politician in that his life became public property. If you are going to tell other people how to live their lives, then you better get your affairs in order and be willing to have other people question you over your choices. Just because he is an famous actor by trade, does that mean that when he goes and tells people how they should live or what they should do to support Darfur, that he should continue to be protected in his little Hollywood bubble when in that world? Out in the real world other people are going to question him in respect of his choices like any other diplomat. If he believes that he has the right to step up in the public arena and tell others what they should or shouldn’t be doing or if he is going to tell countries what their foreign policy and foreign aid should be then he has to realise that the choices that he makes (and parades up and down the red carpets) will be open for debate as well for as long as he is in the public eye.

It can’t be a one way street. Because that just screams manipulative to me. Do as a say but not as I do. He questions government corruption but refused to comment on the Nestle Baby Milk scandal because they were paying him big bucks as the face of one of their products. So he can hold other people to account but he doesn’t like having the same expectation put on him? He funds a satellite to continually film people in another country, can he really then turn around and demand privacy for himself? How does that not scream hypocrisy to anyone else?

And is George honestly wanted privacy and only wanted the fans to judge him on the films he makes, he would not partake in so many tipped off, set up pap candids. He would not have allowed the press into his homes in LA and Como. He would not have built Brand Clooney for the past 15 years into the money making force that it is. If he wanted privacy and was just interested in the craft, he wouldn’t use his image in so many endorsement deals as his main source of income. He would act, direct, write and produce. He whored himself out years ago, continues to do so now and will continue to do so into the future. But does he deserve some exceptional form of privacy whilst being a public figure– no. He gave it up years ago. Sorry but I have no sympathy for him whatsoever. He is a grown up. He has to deal with the consequences of his choices like the rest of us. He may not have had any idea of the intrusion that the internet would pose when he started out but if he actually acted in a manner that was beyond reproach and true to his stated ideals and not just PR spin, then he wouldn’t have anything to worry about. The press has always wanted details of the famous – he saw that with his aunt – he should have known better. The press reported everything about Liz Taylor, Richard Burton, Marlon Brando, John Wayne, Joan Crawford, Judy Garland, Marilyn Monroe, Sophia Loren, Lauren Bacall, etc back in the day. Nowadays look at Brad & Angie, Julia Roberts, the Twilight kiddies, etc. Why would he be exempted from that? What makes him that special that he should be treated differently to everyone else?
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 15 May 2011, 14:49

I do not think that it feels different, or should be treated differently
by others, plus it is always very helpful with the fans, the paparazzi
or journalists, but I think he has not wanted to discuss with strangers
his private life and around him is a morbidity that is not
around other famous actors as he is. As a UN messenger I think
has done a lot, but this is not a political role and a social role.
He has often said he will never get into politics because he wants more
to say what he thinks and why his life has not always been
example (too many women and too much drugs)
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sun 15 May 2011, 16:54

As a UN messenger I think
has done a lot, but this is not a political role and a social role.

Exactly lelacorb and I totally agree with this statement. The fact that he has and does care enough to put his name and celebrity in conjunction with terrible tragedies which occur to bring our focus and energy to bear on the situation, either here in the US or in other parts of the world, as well as other forms of humanitarian need/aide is what he's supposed to do as a UN Messenger. That is the entire mission of a UN Messenger. They have no power or authority in any given situation whatsoever. They are used to focus the public's attention, nothing more.

He's NOT a statesman, political ambassador or any other kind of politician and he's also not making speeches telling people how to live their lives in a more moral way. THAT would be extreme hypocrisy, in my opinion and clearly George knows better and doesn't engage in telling others how to live their lives.

His mission is to simply bring attention to areas which have been forgotten or don't get the media attention they should due to the dire circumstances of the situation. THAT'S his role as UN Messenger and nothing more; he's certainly not touted as any moral authority nor should he stop doing good because other areas of his life aren't to the liking of some of his fans. To do so would be gross negligence in my opinion and a disservice to the people whom he has and will continue to help.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooney Sun 15 May 2011, 17:29

I can't believe I read all that. Now I have a headache.
Clooney
Clooney
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 15 May 2011, 18:10

Katiedot wrote:I

Some crazy fans did try to start up a boycott of one of his films (either Leatheheads or Michael Clayton - can't remember now which one) because they objected to Sarah Larson. They claimed success because the film wasn't hugely successful but I think the film was never going to be that big anyway.

Seriously they did that - how very very sad, i couldn't care less who he is dating, im all for his films and no girlfriend of his will ever change that

Clooney Today - love your picture, where was that taken?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next