George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial

4 posters

Go down

George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  Empty George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial

Post by benex Sun 18 Jan 2015, 13:53

a japanese spot of pioneer with george in 1984: so cute!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 18 Jan 2015, 14:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added video/ edit title)
benex
benex
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  Empty Re: George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial

Post by Nicky80 Sun 18 Jan 2015, 14:10

Soo Young Give hearts
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial  Empty Re: George Clooney in a 1984 Japanese TV commercial

Post by it's me Sun 18 Jan 2015, 15:14

FANTASTIC!!!!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 18 Jan 2015, 16:13

wrong thread but... enjoy Very Happy

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 21:02

Thanks to frenchies

Producer of George Clooney's first paid acting job comes forward with copy

When he was looking for a fine young man for a TV spot he was shooting, Ryosuke Yasukawa was struck by a photo of an unknown actor named George Clooney.
Yasukawa hired him for a Japanese transceiver (CB radio) commercial in the early 1980s.
After the 54-year-old American fondly reminisced about his first paid acting job in an interview with The Asahi Shimbun in late May, Yasukawa, who read the story, came forward as the man who created the TV spot and hired Clooney.
He said he still has a videotape of the rare commercial and hopes to present it to the Academy Award-winning actor.
“I have been worrying about whether he saw the commercial after it was completed," Yasukawa, 67, says. "If he has not seen it yet, I want to give it to him someday.”
The commercial was for “Flying Party,” a car-mounted transceiver for individuals, which was marketed by Pioneer Corp. in 1983. Yasukawa was in charge of filming the commercial in California.
“He was a cheerful and polite young man. (I am pleased with the fact that) he remembers that job even now,” Yasukawa, a former employee of major advertising agency Dentsu Inc., said while watching a copy of the commercial he has kept for more than 30 years.
The Dentsu employee wanted a striking young man for the part to attract the attention of youthful consumers. He received a photo of an actor and was told that the man was a son of the hugely popular singer Rosemary Clooney (1928-2002).
“Actually, he was her nephew. But regardless of whether he was a relative of a famous person or not, I would have chosen him (for the commercial),” Yasukawa said.
In the TV ad, Clooney played the role of a young male driver who was talking on his transceiver while cruising around in his convertible.
“I don’t know how much remuneration we paid him because I was not involved in the payment. But it would have been around 100,000 yen ($830) at the highest,” said Yasukawa, who lives in Zushi, Kanagawa Prefecture.
After completion, the commercial was aired in Japan.
More than 30 years have passed, and in that time, Clooney first became a popular U.S. TV star, then moved onto Hollywood where he has become one of the highest-paid actors in the world.
On his visit in late May, Clooney said that he always has a sense of familiarity with Japan, which gave him his first acting job.
As for releasing the TV commercial, Pioneer says that it cannot make it public at present due to copyright issues.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Former Dentsu Inc. employee Ryosuke Yasukawa, shows a photograph of a young George Clooney in a scene from a 1983 TV commercial for Pioneer Corp. (Erina Ito)

George Clooney talks through a transceiver while driving a car in the filming of a 1983 TV commercial for Pioneer Corp. (Provided by Ryosuke Yasukawa)

George Clooney drives a car in the shooting of a 1983 TV commercial of Pioneer Corp. (Provided by Ryosuke Yasukawa)

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 17 Sep 2015, 02:52

He is so cute . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 17 Sep 2015, 06:28

yes Very Happy

I know I saw the clip
but where?!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down