George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ???

+14
Silje
melbert
Nicky80
/
Atalante
LizzyNY
Joanna
premiere
cupcake
bgarabedian
Cece42
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
Donnamarie
18 posters

Go down

Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? Empty Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ???

Post by Donnamarie Fri 21 Nov 2014, 19:36

So what do we think ... are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving?  I would think he'd like to at least come back to the states for the holiday.  And seeing how Nick is getting up there in years that George would either like to be with his family for Thanksgiving and/or Christmas.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 21 Nov 2014, 20:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edit title)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? Empty Re: Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ???

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Nov 2014, 20:46

Who knows, Donnamarie? Our guess will be as good as anyone else's. 

He may do if he can slot in trips to Puerto Rico and LA. I'm sure they have a plan, but remember if Amal is working I think he will want to be where ever she is if he possibly can. Not aware of Nick and Nina's presence in Cabo over Thanksgiving too much.......Christmas/New Year last year, yes, but I don't think it happens that often. His priorities are a little bit different now I think.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ??? Empty Re: Are George and Amal going to Cabo for Thanksgiving ???

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 21 Nov 2014, 22:06

Now that Amal arrives as Mistress of the Manor, I wonder how the guest list will change.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 22 Nov 2014, 02:17

It might be a repetition of the London Wedding Party. I am sure Baria is looking forward to Cabo and she probably know a few people she can invite. Very Happy
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 22 Nov 2014, 02:47

Baria?  Oh let's hope not! Give the newlyweds some breathing room from the mother-in-law!  Ha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Nov 2014, 03:12

Wonder how many times Baria has been to the new house for dinner already? Amal calls George from her office. "Dear, mum thought she would stop by for dinner tonight. Can you whip up one of your special pasta dishes for all of us. I'll be home by 7.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:10

Please don't tell me he's so pussy-whipped that he'd pass up time with his folks (who are getting up there) to spend time waiting for her to get home from work! I would hope he'd spend as much time as he could with his parents while he can. They won't be around forever. If she's any kind of a wife she should understand that and encourage him to see them whenever possible.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 22 Nov 2014, 04:31

Baria seems to me like an overbearing Mother-In-Law, his parents don't seem like they would meddle in his life.  As you said his parents are getting up there in age and his Father has been ill, so I hope he does the right thing for his parents sake, pussy-whipped or not.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Sat 22 Nov 2014, 08:45

I hope george does spend time with his family and not always with hers. He needs to be with them, for who knows when it could be his last. I am sure he knows what he is doing and to be with his parents would make them happy and they love their son and enjoy the times with george bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Sat 22 Nov 2014, 09:26

He's parents might go to london and spend thanksgiving there .  Very Happy
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Nov 2014, 10:46

George has said he is not big on holidays. I think he more celebrates Christmas and New year not so much thanksgiving. I think George and Amals homes have enough room for all their families so that should be no problem if the families want to join them. Nina has said that George does come home and spends time in Augusta.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 22 Nov 2014, 10:48

Nick and Nina have Ada and the grand kids and other family members it's not like they would be alone for the holidays.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Nov 2014, 14:00

Don't think for a moment that George is pussy-whipped. Just making a joke in earlier post. I think we agree George is very close to his dad and realizes he's getting up in years. Maybe they won't go back for Thanksgiving because of Amal's schedule but they will go back for Christmas.

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 22 Nov 2014, 14:02

Also, you don't have to have Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving. There are some families who celebrate it twice just to see everyone. And, yes, it can be exhausting!
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Nov 2014, 18:13

Is Thanksgiving celebrated more than Christmas
in USA ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 22 Nov 2014, 18:29

Yes Joanna, Thanksgiving is HUGE in the USA.  Christmas is family and presents, but Thanksgiving is family and FOOD!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Nov 2014, 19:06

Ah thanks Mel......so no one eats at Christmas
cos they have to diet after Thanksgiving ?

I get it now. Thumbs up! lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Nov 2014, 20:12

That's probably the way it should be here Joanna but unfortunately we just eat and drink our way from Thanksgiving thru New Years!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 22 Nov 2014, 20:37

For a lot of people in the U.S.,  it's the favorite holiday because there is no stress of buying and wrapping presents, decorating thehouse, stringing lights on trees, sending out Christmas cards, etc. It's all about family, food, and friends, and giving thanks. I love it.

We also love our 4th of July for much the same reasons, except it's burgers on the grill instead of turkey.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Nov 2014, 20:53

Ah LOL Donnamarie.....sounds good.
Thanks premiere for the colourful description.

I remember George joking, and saying he deep
fries a whole turkey for friends at Thanksgiving !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 22 Nov 2014, 21:36

Oh it's not a joke Joanna.  There is a big industry now in deep fryers for turkeys.  North, South, East and West, all do deep fried turkey.  Very dangerous though with that big vat of hot grease!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 22 Nov 2014, 21:44

I remember when Georgw was on Letterman once and he talked about having his friends over for Thanksgiving like an open house affair. People come at different times. And yes, he did say that he had deep fried a turkey for the holiday and said how good it was too. But like melbert said it can be dangerous.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 22 Nov 2014, 21:57

Thanksgiving by killing an animal, ... oh boy. Religions/traditions, ... Rolling Eyes
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 22 Nov 2014, 23:10

Atalante - Don't you ever have anything good to say about anything? What a sad world you must live in.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 23 Nov 2014, 12:58

I live in a sad world ? Animal activists live in a sad world ??? Laughing Hello ??? pointing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sun 23 Nov 2014, 18:36

I don't quite understand the whole deep frying thing. Is it that tasty?  Smile

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:34

Donnamarie wrote:That's probably the way it should be here Joanna but unfortunately we just eat and drink our way from Thanksgiving thru New Years!

Now ain't that the truth. And then the diet industry comes in January to remind me what a fat hog I've become from all that eating and eggnog, etc.  So that's when we start those diets and join those fitness clubs and never get past the second month! HA!

I think Christmas for my family was always much bigger than Thanksgiving.   Not that we didn't have big family meals (with me being the human dishwasher afterward as kid and yes, I'd always whine when are we going to get a dishwasher and my parents would smugly remark "we already have one!"  Ha Ha) but Christmas was always so magical for me - especially as a child.

I lived in colder weather and we often had snow on the ground.  I also had the good fortune to live across the street from a park so I had a view out of my front windows of snow covered grounds and trees.  And at night, when the moon shone just right, the snow would glisten.

Inside we'd have all the lights out except for those on the Christmas tree and as a little kid I'd just sit there in awe taking in the beauty of it all.

Sometimes I miss that.  But then I remember that snow can be cold and I remember why I moved to California again and just console myself with some really great memories. 

Oh well went really off in a tangent there.  :-)

Last edited by LornaDoone on Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:35; edited 1 time in total
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:38

Codexchick wrote:I don't quite understand the whole deep frying thing. Is it that tasty?  Smile

I've never had it but from what I hear the outside becomes really crispy and the inside stays really juicy and moist.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 23 Nov 2014, 19:42

You make me hungry drool3
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 20:04

LorneDoone, I have a very similar reaction to Christmas. It's a very magical time for me and most of my family. I love the Christmas lights and snow on the ground. lights shining on the snow always gives it a look of granulated sugar. That's what I remember as a kid. Funny, I was born in California but moved east as a child. I've always wanted to move back to California but not having cold and snow in the winter has made me resist that decision.

Is there a reason my post above about George deep frying a turkey has a message underneath it saying that the author of this post has been banned from the forum. I'm assuming that's a mistake?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 20:11

Donnamarie the next poster was Atalante and she's been banned for a few days. 

That's why that message comes up.  Nothing to do with your post.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 23 Nov 2014, 20:48

We've wandered a bit off topic.  Why not start a thread "holiday memories" or something like that in the Kitchen thread.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 23 Nov 2014, 20:55

I like the Christmas memories Mel. Smile
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 23 Nov 2014, 21:54

And we can get back on topic by commenting on whether we think George and Amal will be in Cabo for Thanksgiving.

I'm going to opine no.  Isn't he going to be filming or has started filming somewhere?  Seems like a LONG flight back to this side of the pond just for a couple of days of turkey.

+
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 23 Nov 2014, 22:14

I wish that they would go to Kentucky for Thanksgiving. I'm not sure Amal has been to his hometown yet. It would be great if she could meet his extended family if she has not. And she could experience a homey Thanksgiving gathering.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 24 Nov 2014, 04:14

George said once on a talk show that he and his parents switched off hosting Thanksgiving, one year in LA, one year in KY. But that was pre-Cabo house, so who knows? Now that Nick and Nina are older, it may be easier for them to just hop on a plane and spend the weekend in Mexico. Hosting a Thanksgiving dinner can be exhausting!
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 24 Nov 2014, 10:46

Nick and Nina have Ada and the grand kids I'm sure they want to spend some holidays with them as well. I don' know travel is nice but I would think at their ages being in their home and being able to just relax might be nice. They have done a lot of traveling this year.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 24 Nov 2014, 19:22

LornaDoone wrote:
Codexchick wrote:I don't quite understand the whole deep frying thing. Is it that tasty?  Smile

I've never had it but from what I hear the outside becomes really crispy and the inside stays really juicy and moist.
Imagine fried chicken, only a heck of a lot bigger !!

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 06:10

Donnamarie, I moved your post here

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down