George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding

+6
Way2Old4Dis
Alisonfan
annemarie
/
Joanna
Nicky80
10 posters

Go down

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  Empty GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding

Post by Nicky80 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 11:31

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding

Word reaches me that Emily Blunt got a little over-excited at her friend George Clooney’s wedding extravaganza in Venice. 
The Edge Of Tomorrow actress got her £3,000 Emilio Pucci gown soaking wet during the star-studded celebrations – forgetting that it was only on loan from the fashion house and that she would have to pay for it if it was ruined.
I understand the dress, which was embellished with crystals, got wet while some of the guests celebrated near the pool area at the luxurious Hotel Cipriani.

Luckily for the 31-year-old, I’m told the dress was accepted back by the fashion house – otherwise it could have been a very expensive evening for Emily, who attended the bash with her husband, actor John Krasinski.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  Empty Re: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding

Post by Nicky80 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 11:34

Wonder what they mean with "wet2...did she spill a glas a wine over it or did she jumped into the pool Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding  Empty Re: GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Emily Blunt is a splash hit at George Clooney wedding

Post by Joanna Sun 09 Nov 2014, 12:29

Does that mean that all the ladies wore
"on loan" dresses ?
What a hoot.
I wonder if the dress hire company charge more next time a dress is loaned out by labelling it "As worn by Emily Blunt at George & Amal's wedding in Venice"
I've heard about ladies hat hire services here in UK.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 15:37

Doug Ross i moved your post

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by / Tue 11 Nov 2014, 18:00

Can't she buy her own gowns by now? Smile  I'd only loane one for a movie premiere or something. There are plenty of pretty dresses that are a lot cheaper...

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 11 Nov 2014, 18:53

From what I understand these celebs only wear the gowns that are photographed at big events one time. Maybe she figured why buy it when she was only going to be able to wear it once.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Tue 11 Nov 2014, 22:15

If you read back posts you will see, I was told in May ALL guests were dressed by Vogue. No to matter where in the world they might live. Arrangements were made with local fashion houses to have everyone picture perfect. And they all were very grand on the days. Some guests, I have heard, though thrilled with clothes were less happy NO catering arranged on night of arrival and so on, if no photo, no food Sad

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 11 Nov 2014, 22:40

No!! George had his wealthy guests leave their provided rooms at a posh hotel to endure the trauma of hunting down a single meal in Venice, Italy?! The bastard.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 11 Nov 2014, 23:51

I think it sounds very strange if it is true that all guests were dressed by Vogue.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Nov 2014, 03:42

Me too Silje. I don't think George would give a damn how his guests were dressed for the wedding. I've never even heard of that kind of arrangement for any celebrity wedding. Another bullshit story wherever it originated.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 12 Nov 2014, 10:37

Yep. Apart from anything else, I think the designers of the world will have been queueing up to get their dresses onto the guests at the wedding.

The fact that the one worn by Emily Blunt got wet wouldn't have been a problem - more exposure for Emilio Pucci.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 12 Nov 2014, 11:34

There is no way George had no food for his guests. That is just bull they were at an hotel there was of course food. Also don't  believe they had the guests dressed more baloney.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 12 Nov 2014, 12:21

Alisonfan wrote:If you read back posts you will see, I was told in May ALL guests were dressed by Vogue. No to matter where in the world they might live.  Arrangements were made with local fashion houses to have everyone picture perfect. And they all were very grand on the days.  

Some guests, I have heard, though thrilled with clothes were less happy NO catering arranged on night of arrival and so on, if no photo, no food Sad

Alisonfan.....Can you provide the source of that story I've highlighted please ?

Better still a link to that particular "fact ?"
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 12 Nov 2014, 12:29

Joanna, I think this is what Alisonfan is referring to.  Friday dinner and Saturday up to the wedding "it's up to you".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 12 Nov 2014, 13:50

OK thanks Mel. Thumbs up!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 07 Dec 2014, 00:17

Emily's comments on the wedding in this week's Hello magazine

Saturday, 6 December 2014
Emily Blunt: Clooney wedding was crazy

Emily Blunt has opened up about George Clooney's "nuts" wedding to Amal Alamuddin.
Emily Blunt thinks the people of Venice were probably delighted when George Clooney's wedding finished.
The British actress is good friends with the Hollywood A-lister and even stayed at his Lake Como, Italy, home in the run-up to her wedding to John Krasinski in 2010. Emily and John were in attendance when George wed Amal Alamuddin in Venice in September, although she's remaining fairly tight-lipped about it.
"I don't know whose wedding you mean!" she laughed to British magazine Hello!, when asked about attending the Venice nuptials.
"Yes, and I bet the people who live there were happy when we left, it was so nuts for everyone. I'm so happy for George because he's a great dude. He's sort of an anomaly these days, in the sense that he's somebody who can do anything. He's entrepreneurial, he's smart beyond words, he's old-school Hollywood and I'm so happy for him that he's found Amal."
A new celebration will soon be in order for Emily and John as they are about to spend their first Christmas as parents, following the birth of their daughter Hazel in February. Although they are major stars, they don't intend on spoiling their little girl. In fact, Emily's suggestion for a gift for the little one couldn't be more low-key.
"This is so sad, but I went online and bought my entire family gifts from the same place and sent them all together in one big box. We'll probably just give Hazel empty boxes filled with paper. That's what she seems to like more than anything," she said.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 07 Dec 2014, 12:00; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down