George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop

+12
Dior
Doug Ross
LizzyNY
Nicky80
Cece42
globalchick
Silje
Joanna
annemarie
bgarabedian
Donnamarie
melbert
16 posters

Go down

Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop Empty Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop

Post by melbert Thu 30 Oct 2014, 23:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amal Clooney & Angelina Jolie Have “Never Met,” Despite Feud Rumors (EXCLUSIVE)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Truth rating: 0

By Michael Lewittes | 5:54 pm, October 30th, 2014

Despite fabricated rumors of a feud, Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie have never even met, George Clooney’s rep tells Gossip Cop exclusively. A fake tipster seems to be trying to get sites and magazines to do a story claiming the two women recently had a verbal fight in London.
The tale, which almost made it into one of tabloids this week, had the two women recently arguing over dinner, with Jolie eventually storming out of the meal and reportedly forbidding Brad Pitt from talking anymore to his buddy George. Clooney’s rep tells Gossip Cop the story about a supposed heated argument in a restaurant is “100 percent fiction,” noting that the two women have “never met.”
While both women were in London in June to attend the United Nations’ Global Summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict, which brought together 1,700 delegates, they were seated in two entirely different areas of a super massive auditorium and didn’t get the opportunity to meet. Of course, the phony source who is trying to spread these stories of strife between the ladies now claims Mrs. Clooney snubbed Jolie that time.
Again, none of this is true. Mostly, it’s sad that people want to create drama between two successful and strong women when there isn’t any.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop Empty Re: Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop

Post by Donnamarie Fri 31 Oct 2014, 01:44

Stupid, ridiculous story. Are there people out there who are that gullible? I remember when George dated Stacy some reports claimed Angie and Stacy didn't get along. I think some media said It was Angie who couldn't stand Stacy.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop Empty Re: Amal Clooney and Angelina Jolie Have "Never Met" - Gossip Cop

Post by bgarabedian Fri 31 Oct 2014, 06:26

i am sure if they did meet, they might become good friends. They have a lot in common, social issues, great good looking husbands, and both husbands are good friends. I still am surprised that brad & angelia never attended the wedding but I guess they had a good excuse. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:58

George and Brad are more work friends than social friends. They are not hang out buddies. That is why they probably didn't go.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 31 Oct 2014, 15:02

I wonder if the "fake tipster" who tried to get a story printed about a verbal fight between the two lady A's
is an old visitor of ours ??
Just musing......
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 01 Nov 2014, 14:07

Jen must be happy. Now the catfight is between Amal and Angie. 

I think this is a BS story. But I doubt if they meet that A and A would be friends. Both of them seem to be the kind of women who gets better on with men.

Last edited by Silje on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 14:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:12

I don't think Brad and Angelina want to be a part of the circus George is creating around his marriage and I don't think Angelina will ever want to pose for a photo with Amal. It wouldn't be good for Angelina OR Amal. The media want that photo so they can compare them but Jolie is too savvy to give it to them. For Jolie the photos would invite a comparison whereby her lack of education is exposed and for Amal it will expose that she is not that attractive and a "wannabee" Angelina. I do think they will bump into each other at some point during the awards season privately and I could see Angelina being like a smiling assassin and Amal being starstruck. I definitely think that story about Angelina refusing to speak to Stacey in that private jet was true.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 03 Nov 2014, 12:28

Brad and George are not close buddies like the media makes them out to be. When the media was predicting that Brad was going to be George's best man that was a sure sign the media didn't know who George's close friends, including the famous ones are.

Amal and Angie may meet through their mutual humanitarian interests, for instance on the international sexual violence committee. Can't imagine that either woman has a problem with the other and would mind being photographed with each other. They are both smart, accomplished women who I think would be above some of the petty thoughts voiced on this site.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 19:18

We all know Angelina as a "REAL HUMANITARIAN" could some one please point out what Amal has done to be called a human rights attorney or humanitarian?

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 19:57

How do you know Angelina is a real humanitarian???? And what does "real humanitarian" mean anyway. and why "we all know"...I don't know if she is a real Humanitarian? I can only believe what is in the media....

Fact is the media tells you Angelina is a humanitarian of her work so does Amal. And it is up to you which work you like better compare to the others.

Humanitarian work is the same like politics. Some like it some don't depents for what you stand/fight for......
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Mon 03 Nov 2014, 22:29

You see Angelina going to these places, seeing her holding the children and yes adopting these children.  So far I have seen Amal at the summet sitting in the audience, seeing who she represents as clients, (murderers and rapists) what part of humanitarian is this?

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 06 Nov 2014, 22:06

Enquirer (which I can't access) suggests there i s a feud between Brad and George but Celebdirtylaundry thinks the fight is between Angie and Amal. There is going to be many more articles like this one.

Why Angelina Jolie Doesn’t Like Amal Alamuddin: George Clooney and Amal At ‘War’ With Brad Pitt?

Do Angelina Jolie dislike Amal Alamuddin? Is this the reason that George Clooney and Brad Pitt are ‘at war.’ Since George Clooney and Brad Pitt ended up getting married just months apart from each other, the tabloids were obviously salivating to turn this into a feud. But this latest report from the National Enquirer, I’m sorry to say, might not be the entire story.
The Enquirer claims that this latest Brad Pitt/George Clooney feud is all due to Brad Pitt’s ‘snobbery’, with their ‘source’ explaining, “This is going to enrage Brad and Angelina, but George has had enough of their snobbery. He’s always remained friends with Jen after she and Brad divorced, but George didn’t make things public out of respect for his friend. All that’s changed now.”
Apparently, George Clooney is furious that Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie snubbed him and Amal Alamuddin by not attending their wedding, and then not sending them a wedding present. So now, he’s retaliating by asking Brad’s ex-wife to dinner? Right.
Ok, if we’re dissecting this story, there is obviously a reason that Brad and Angelina didn’t attend George’s wedding, but I doubt it has anything to do with their ‘snobbery’. Apart from Brad and George not being besties like the press keeps pretending they are, there’s also the fact that George’s wedding was a messy media spectacle. However, that didn’t stop the likes of Matt Damon and Emily Blunt from attending, so there’s obviously another reason, right? We can easily deduce – especially since it’s been rumored for months – that Angelina Jolie isn’t too fond of Amal Alamuddin, and supposedly even avoided her during a recent UN event.
That’s not how you should act with your husband’s buddy’s wife, right? I don’t think it’s a full-blown feud, but it does seem like Angelina, and by extension Brad, are not in love with George’s new wife, and as such, didn’t really want to attend his wedding or take part in his nuptials. Or you know, they were just lazy. Whatever the reason, the media is now taking every opportunity to turn it into a feud between George Clooney and Brad Pitt, but I think that’s overblown as well. Their friendship has survived divorces, breakups, and rumors in the past, I’m sure it can survive this.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 07 Nov 2014, 19:01; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 06 Nov 2014, 23:04

Silje - Consider the source(s). Neither is too reliable. I don't know why Brad and Angelina didn't attend the wedding. They said it was a tight filming schedule. It could well be true. I'll consider that there might be a problem between them if George throws another party in the US and they don't attend that one either. Then I might believe there's something wrong.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 06 Nov 2014, 23:41

To me, they weren't invited at the wedding but to avoid discussion about the (untrue) fact the George didn't invited them because he hates Angie or 'cause Amal can't stand Angie, they agreed to say to the journalists that they couldn't go because of the movie in Malta.

I don't know if I made myself clear, I hope.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 07 Nov 2014, 02:23

I don't believe that Brad and George are that close socially. I think the media makes more of this supposed close friendship than what exists. Brad and Angie and George don't socialize back in LA. I don't even think they have been to Como. An interviewer once asked George if he and Brad talk much and George said not that often. George is much closer to Matt Damon and his wife. They have been to Como with their kids too.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 07 Nov 2014, 05:00

Donnamaarie - One of the "reasons" given for Brad and Angie not being at the wedding was that George was angry with them because the kids messed up his house when they stayed in Como. Don't ask where I saw it - it was one of the rumors batted around at the time of the wedding. Kind of silly, IMO, but I guess they have stayed at the house and six kids can make quite a mess.

Personally, I think he and Brad like each other a lot, but aren't as close as George and some of his other friends. If there's a problem I think it might be between Angie and George. She might not like his influence on Brad, since when they get together they act like frat boys on a bender - although I'm sure that's gonna change now that Amal's around. And George is still friends with Jennifer Aniston - which I'm sure Angie doesn't appreciate.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:46

I'm not convinced LizzyNY that Brad and Angie have stayed in Como. Like you said there have been rumors they visited with their kids. And I heard that rumor that their kids messed up his house and George got mad. Honestly I don't know if they really ever stayed there but we all know George wouldn't hold a grudge against Brad because of what might have happened in Como. IMO I think Brad and George talk and may occasionally see each other but that's about it. George said a few months ago he saw Brad in London while he was working on MM and Brad was doing re shoots for Zombieland. They had drinks at a bar and talked about their respective projects. That's the way I see their relationship. I see Brad as a far more private man in his personal life and when not working he and Angie really just hang with the kids and their own families.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 07 Nov 2014, 13:06

Brad himself says that he's a private person. He like loneliness and prefers to stay with family instead of hang out with his friends. At the countrsry, Matt loves being with his family and with his friends and he can balance this two thing really well.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 07 Nov 2014, 14:25

Donnamarie - I agree with you. I don't know if they stayed at George's house, either, but even if they did - and even if the kids did make a mess - I don't think George would hold a grudge. I said I thought it was a silly rumor, and hardly a reason not to invite them to the wedding.

I think we all have friends we like very much but don't see very often. It doesn't mean we're not friends - just that life gets in the way.

LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 09 Nov 2014, 22:45

Here is another article from Celebdirtylaundry. The latest speculation is Angie don't agree with some of Amal's politics. 

Amal Alamuddin and Angelina Jolie Feuding Over Amal’s Political Views?

BY BOBBY FISCHER ON NOVEMBER 9, 2014 | 0 COMMENTS
RELATED : ANGELINA JOLIE, GOSSIP, HOT CELEBS, HOT NEWS

Amal Alamuddin and Angelina Jolie were never going to be best friends, but nobody expected them to start a feud either. Well, maybe feud is a strong term for it, but the world’s most famous actress and the world’s most famous lawyer (thanks to marrying George Clooney of course)? Yeah, not buddies.

Although some reports are claiming that Angelina Jolie is threatened by Amal Alamuddin’s success, we find that hard to believe. Angelina’s won an Oscar, and will probably end up winning a Nobel Peace Prize and going into politics in the future – why would she be threatened by Amal? Plus, Angelina Jolie’s always prided herself on being welcoming to women from all backgrounds, and she’s always played nice with people she felt were worthy of her praise and admiration.

So basically, is the whole Angelina Jolie/Amal Alamuddin feud being caused by petty jealousy? Yeah, don’t buy it for one second. However, another theory being floated by is that Angelina doesn’t agree with some of Amal’s politics, i.e. some of the people that Amal’s represented as a UN lawyer. Some of Amal’s clients have been incredibly controversial, and not necessarily the most popular people on planet Earth. People of this stature have very strong political opinions, and Angelina might have just disagreed with some of Amal’s most overt political sentiments – or heck, maybe she just didn’t like some of the people that Amal repped. Either way, there has to be a better reason than jealousy, right?

What do you guys think? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Mon 10 Nov 2014, 16:11

Well, this is the problem with lawyers, they are two faced in the moral department.

If it is true that Amal is earning big bucks working for those clients who have been "incredibly controversial" (nice description), I wouldn't want her on my friend list.

And I know someone has to do this kind of work, but you always have a choice to do better things then that.

Personally I do not have any respect for people, who buy their designer wardrobe with money with blood on it, the world would be a much better place without them.
There are still so many wrong paragraphs in our law systems, so those people can abuse them and make the victims lose their belief in justice, fairness and equality.

Maybe it is true and Angelina and Brad do not like what she is doing ( why leaving out Brad here, he would support his wife?), maybe not, who know's.
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by Hebe Mon 10 Nov 2014, 19:03

As we have no evidence that Angelina and Brad have met Amal I see no reason to assume that there is any ill-feeling between them. 

We know that Amal has been involved in some high profile and controversial cases. I believe she has stated that she believes that everyone has a right to a fair trial whatever their alleged crime.

Personally I would agree with this. I do think that everyone who has been accused of a crime should be tried and should be expected to face up to their crimes if  found guilty. I believe that if we are to live in a civilised world we should have fair and just legal systems.

Unfortunately there are many countries where people do not have fair trials or are sentenced without trial. Some people have been imprisoned or faced the death penalty when they were innocent and had no chance to prove their innocence or have a punishment that was fair for their alleged crimes.

I think that if we are to be seen as civilised we do have to provide representation to all criminals even those whose alleged crimes are heinous and inhumane. The only people who can represent such people are suitably qualified lawyers. These lawyers do not have to support the actions of the accused but should ensure that the accused has a fair trial. Surely it would be very unjust to judge the lawyers who represent such people as though they were in the wrong when they are attempting to ensure that justice is done.

Dior, I would ask you how you would deal with those who have been accused of heinous crimes. Do you not agree that everyone should have a fair trial? If not barristers like Amal, who would you suggest represents such criminals? I do you not think that they are receiving 'blood money' for working on such difficult and I'm sure, very stressful trials. 

In addition, I believe that Amal has represented many more individuals than the high profile ones that we have heard of. According to those who know her she is highly regarded in her field and feels passionately about human rights. I would not condemn her for that. I would imagine also that she would not be working on her own in those difficult cases but as part of a legal team.

Hebe
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Tue 11 Nov 2014, 09:19

Can somebody please tell the godess above me that I'm no native English speaker and can't deal with the English subjunktive?
"I would ask you" means to me maybe she will do that later.
OK Very Happy

But I have a little stupid naive question:

When a suitable qualified lawyer does represent "such criminals", where does the payment come from???
I thought, it comes from the criminals....silly me.
And if it comes from the criminals, there IS blood on it.

But you can give it away quickly and buy a 1000$ designer bag.
Like a message to the victims, saying: " Hey, don't be sad. Look at me, life is beautiful when you feel passionate about human rights and pick the right jobs!".
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 11 Nov 2014, 13:16

Dior - Both you and Hebe have valid points to make. Yes, everyone should have an able defense attorney and a fair trial. And yes, if the defendant is a war criminal, and that criminal is paying the bill, it is in a way "blood money".

I don't know how Amal gets the cases she works on, but it seems to me she chooses cases that are more about the legal system than about the defendant. She seems to care more about how the system works than who she defends. I can't say I agree with her choices, but I can see the logic behind them. Trials of the kind of people she represents are the ultimate test of the legal system. If these people can get a fair trial it makes the system seem more legitimate.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 11 Nov 2014, 13:49

I won't repeat what I've already said about Amal's clientele, but this Angelina vs Amal nonsense reminds me of the "feud" between Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock over George. These fabricated feuds are insulting. These two women both have substantial professional lives and are involved in critical world issues, but they're being made out to be petty, catty and jealous 'real housewives.' No woman is safe from these takedown artists.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 11 Nov 2014, 19:25

Yeah Right

It is amazing that two successful woman always get a stamp on it to do a cat fight and bitch around.

I'm sure the article is written from somebody who is scared of seccessful woman.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 11 Nov 2014, 21:21

I am going to stick my neck out here. But why would succesful women be less catty, petty and jealous then real house wifes?
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 11 Nov 2014, 21:37

Smart women should know better than to be catty, petty and jealous! I would hope most of the women here qualify as smart women.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 11 Nov 2014, 21:46

Silje wrote:I am going to stick my neck out here. But why would succesful women be less catty, petty and jealous then real house wifes?

"Real Housewives" is a pop culture reference to a catalogue of 'reality' television shows set in various places, such as "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" or "... New Jersey" or "... Atlanta." If you should ever see a snippet, you would understand immediately. They're anything but "housewives," they have nothing better to do than snipe and backstab each other, and they argue and fight (yes, physically fight) over the most juvenile things in the world. I don't watch the shows, but it's impossible to avoid seeing this trash without totally giving up TV.

So, anyway, it was a cultural reference point. I should have taken our international composition into account.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 11 Nov 2014, 22:11

Being smart and well educated doesn't make you a better person Donnamarie.  Knowing better is one thing but doing it is another. 

And W2O4D I know very well what The Real Housewives shows are.They probably been exported everywhere. And of course there is a lot of bitching going on in those shows. Otherwise there would be no entertainment value. And of course those women have more time to bitch then a working woman, since they have paid staff to do a lot the household work for them and nannies looking after the kids. 

But working women can be catty,  petty and jealous too. I am not for a second believing that Amal and Angie are above that. I think this feud story is probably made up bullshit because the Media need something to write about. But if they ever meet I doubt they be friends.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 12 Nov 2014, 00:09

Silje, when I referred to women as "smart"' I wasnt referring to their education, I was talking about women who have commen sense, savvy in a practical way, good people skills, etc. That kind of smart. There are many women who can be catty, petty, etc. but there are many who are not. Don't think those kind of smart women end up on those reality shows.

I agree with you that this story is BS because the media needs something sensational to write about. I could not say whether Amal and Angie would be friends if they knew each other. But they are mature, smart women who probably would be respectful of each other's careers.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 12 Nov 2014, 16:59

Same thread

Star story denied by Stan via Gossip Cop

Angelina Jolie & Amal Clooney Do NOT “Hate Each Other,” Despite Report (EXCLUSIVE)

Angelina Jolie and Amal Clooney do not “hate each other,” and they’re not engaged in a major feud filled with “jealousy, insults & backstabbing,” despite a new tabloid report Gossip Cop can exclusively bust. The story comes from Star, last seen inventing an absurd feud between Jolie and Emma Watson over humanitarian work.
The new report claims Jolie has “forbidden” Brad Pitt from speaking to George Clooney during her alleged “war” with Amal, and goes so far as to say that Jolie forced Pitt to skip the Clooneys’ recent wedding. A so-called “insider” tells Star, “Angie vetoed the trip at the last minute… She wanted to pull a power play and diss Amal.” Why the supposed bad blood? According to the mag’s source, “For all her charity work, Angie is deeply insecure, self-absorbed and calculating. It eats at her that Amal is everything she isn’t: educated, well-bred, respected and in an earned position of power.”
Um, Jolie is an Oscar-winning actress, successful director, lauded human rights advocate and mother of six children. The only times she’s disrespected are when she appears in desperate, sensational tabloid stories like this one. The idea that she and Clooney are feuding shows what’s wrong with Star, not what’s wrong with Jolie. Magazines use any chance they can to pit women against each other. In the twisted world of tabloids, women are always fighting over everything from men to movie roles to recognition for humanitarian work.
Star is worst than most. Gossip Cop first heard about the tabloid working on this ridiculous rumor a few weeks ago. We were told at the time that Clooney’s camp advised Star to “get better sources.” Clearly, they didn’t. We hoped the magazine would surprise us and think better of running the story. We should have known better. A rep for Clooney tells Gossip Cop exclusively, “This story is 100 percent fiction.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 12 Nov 2014, 17:41; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 12 Nov 2014, 17:47

I wonder why Stan rep denied it and Agelina's rep didn't. I guess Angelina really doesn't care what the tabloids write.....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 12 Nov 2014, 18:04

Silje wrote:I am going to stick my neck out here. But why would succesful women be less catty, petty and jealous then real house wifes?

I don' think the point is that most women are capable of being petty and catty at times.  The point is that there is a double standard in the way that successful men and women are treated in the media.  Women are treated as one dimensional and tarred with same brush as the lowest common denominator examples of their sex.   Men can be jealous and petty too.  But there is no term for the male equivalent of "catty" is there?  I don't see articles about men at the same level as Amal and Angelina in an arena as serious as human rights where they are portrayed as jealous of each other, petty, feuding, etc.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 12 Nov 2014, 19:56

Nicky80 wrote:I wonder why Stan rep denied it and Agelina's rep didn't. I guess Angelina really doesn't care what the tabloids write.....
Brad and Angie never did. There are so many fake stories about them, at this point, they just don't care.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 12 Nov 2014, 21:38

fava wrote:

I don' think the point is that most women are capable of being petty and catty at times.  The point is that there is a double standard in the way that successful men and women are treated in the media.  Women are treated as one dimensional and tarred with same brush as the lowest common denominator examples of their sex.   Men can be jealous and petty too.  But there is no term for the male equivalent of "catty" is there?  I don't see articles about men at the same level as Amal and Angelina in an arena as serious as human rights where they are portrayed as jealous of each other, petty, feuding, etc.
Okey, this I agree with.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down