George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

» George's kids don't know hes famous yet....
We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion EmptyMon 05 Feb 2024, 11:29 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion

+13
Doug Ross
jd68
globalchick
Silje
Boshkash
LornaDoone
annemarie
LizzyNY
fava
Atalante
Donnamarie
Nicky80
Katiedot
17 posters

Go down

Is George overdoing the casamigos self promotion?

Yes, give it a rest George!

No, I love him in his Casamigos tshirt

View results

We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion Empty We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:37

Good on the mail for calling it.  Am I the only one who's had more than enough of George Clooney pushing his damn Casamigos t-shirts into our faces?  I think it's just as well he doesn't have a social media account because he'd be the one hashtagging #casamigos every 10 minutes for weeks on end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Time for some new clothes? George Clooney continues to be a walking advertisement for his Casamigos Tequila brand on solo outing in LA

By Carolyn Hiblen for MailOnline

Published: 23:02 GMT, 21 October 2014  |  Updated: 06:41 GMT, 22 October 2014  

With an estimated net worth of around $180 million, George Clooney surely doesn't need to be spruiking his own tequila company in order to make a few extra bucks.
But as he stepped out in Studio City, California on Tuesday, that's exactly what he was doing once again as he donned his favouite blue Casamigos Tequila T-shirt in a not-so-subtle act of self-promotion for the company he co-founded with long-time friend Rande Gerber.
Certainly, the movie star wearing the top around town is better than any publicity campaign money can buy, though having also worn the tee on Sunday night during an outing with his best man as well as numerous times before that, it seems a bit like overkill.
Scroll down for video 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

+4
We get it already! George Clooney stepped out in Studio City, California on Tuesday once again doing some self-promotion in his favourite blue Casamigos Tequila T-shirt - the brand co-founded with buddy Rande Gerber

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion Empty Re: We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion

Post by Nicky80 Wed 22 Oct 2014, 20:47

No you are not the only one...me too....even though I love to see him in Jeans and T-shirt I would really love to see him once in a while in a different T-shirt....All the new sighting in the last few days look the same to me so i don't feel too much excited when we get new pics with a Casamigos T-shirt.....I'm bored....

He should do something new...maybe he should wear new cool T_shirts and a Casamigo Jeans Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion Empty Re: We need to talk about George Clooney and his Casamigos over-promotion

Post by Donnamarie Wed 22 Oct 2014, 21:57

Yea I'm a bit tired of seeing that Casamigos logo on him this week. I like it when he wears a black T. Looks really sexy in that. He s probably just hanging at home with Einstein and catching up on stuff and not really interested in dressing up, even for going out to dinner. He is such a casual guy. I love it. But enough ... at least for this week please.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Wed 22 Oct 2014, 22:39

Animal Defense shirts sometimes ...
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 22 Oct 2014, 23:06

It's not just the t-shirt, it's the amount of promotion he does for Casamigos that I am tired of.  What's next--George Clooney fashions?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 22 Oct 2014, 23:35

Very Happy I don't care what he wears as long as he's out there for us to see. Maybe he's wearing the shirt because they just released a new Casamigos variety. Maybe it's because they're comfy. Or maybe he left all his good clothes with Amal. I don't care. I'll take what I can get. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 00:02

Did anyone else notice when they got to Venice Ben was wearing one of the t shirts.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 23 Oct 2014, 01:00

They've probably given them to everyone they know. I wouldn't be surprised if there were Casamigos t-shirts in the wedding gift bags. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 02:57

Maybe Amal wears a Casamigos t-shirt to bed. Maybe even Einstein has his doggy version.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 23 Oct 2014, 04:30

I say wear it and keep wearing it.

Every extra dime on his side goes to Sentinel Project and other humanitarian efforts.

You go George!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 23 Oct 2014, 05:43

He says it does, but am not sure. He is one of those who take 20-25 million dollars for his cinematic works mostly, and he said the project costs 3 million per year!! Where all the money goes to then? If  the project payment were made by ppl donations last time? I am not saying he has to pay and donate, it is his money and if it is not coming from willingness to help then it means nothing, BUT, stop saying that everything you do goes to charities, because it doesn't!

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 23 Oct 2014, 08:21

I just started a new thread where he was seen again with a Casamigo T-shirt for the fourth time in five days.  He looks better in the new pics and the t-shirt looks brand new. Smile

He is good at advertising and I don't mind really. I  always saw George as a business-man and I seriously doubt that all of his money go to charity.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Thu 23 Oct 2014, 08:35

Am I the only one who's had more than enough of George Clooney pushing his damn Casamigos t-shirts into our faces?  I think it's just as well he doesn't have a social media account because he'd be the one hashtagging #casamigos every 10 minutes for weeks on end.
I think he's doing it for 2 reasons:

1) To promote Casamigos
2) Due to his over the top wedding spectacle there is increased stalking of him by the paparazzi. Naturally, and he has no one to blame but himself for this. He is the one who sold pictures of his wedding to every magazine in the globe. And had a public wedding when he could have had a JFK Jnr type private wedding. Anyway by wearing the same tshirt every day he is devaluing the paparazzi photographs of himself so they don't make as much money from selling them. 

As an aside have you guys seen Gisele Bundchen's husband wearing that stupid Casamigos tshirt? Now why he's wearing it I don't know. Maybe he knows Rande....

The other thing I want to point out is I read something about there being a backlash in Las Vegas from hotels and restaurants not stocking Casimigos tequila to support Steve Wynn. So maybe sales aren't going too well. George wouldn't want his business ventures to be a flop - bad publicity and obviously, no one wants to lose money. 

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by jd68 Thu 23 Oct 2014, 10:11

I agree with globalchick (a first, I believe). By wearing the same clothes it makes the pics less valuable. Who wants to pay for another pic of George wearing the same outfit they already have dozens of photos of. Plus he promotes his business. Might as well use the paps since they are using him.
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 12:18

The value of the pictures the papps get are getting Images of George Clooney, not what he is wearing. George is not caught out and about that often so any shot they get of him doing anything and wearing anything is considered valuable.

IMO this is not a big deal. We make fun of him wearing the same shirt. It's kinda funny. George is obviously proud of his business. And we all know George is not into clothes. He wears what's comfortable.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 23 Oct 2014, 13:29

Daniel Radcliffe didi the same thing. He wore the same clothes fora week in order to get the paps tired of him.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 14:14

First of all, he must have dozens of the things

Secondly, using for promotion of the brand is all the more important when he's in the States, cos it's not anywhere much else in the world

And thirdy, he is really keen to sell the stuff to support SSP - more important than ever in his life because that's how he met Amal

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 23 Oct 2014, 14:56

Boshkash wrote:He says it does, but am not sure. He is one of those who take 20-25 million dollars for his cinematic works mostly, and he said the project costs 3 million per year!! Where all the money goes to then? If  the project payment were made by ppl donations last time? I am not saying he has to pay and donate, it is his money and if it is not coming from willingness to help then it means nothing, BUT, stop saying that everything you do goes to charities, because it doesn't!

Um, HE doesn't say that everything he does goes to charity.  Where are you seeing, reading or hearing that?

I said his Casimigos profits (his not necessarily Rande's) goes to Sentinel Project.

I would presume the rest of his money goes into investments, the upkeep of his houses, the costs of his business (he does have staff he pays you know) and also into the costs of production.

You're so keen on telling us what he makes per picture, why don't you spend some time researching what it would cost to run four households, including property taxes, upkeep, maintenance, etc. and then also check out his IMDB page and see how many projects he has in pre-preproduction, how many books he's optioned (that also costs money) etc.

So quick to judge when you really didn't take into account every frickin dime he would need to spend just to keep his homes and business running.

Me, I figure if this one project out of the many that he does is for charity then let him promote the hell out of it.  What the hell does it cost to wear a freakin t-shirt to get millions of dollars of free promotion out of it?  Seems to me it's a pretty smart move. 

If you're going to have a camera shoved in your face almost 24/7 then get some free publicity from it.  Geesh.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 15:00

Couldn't have freaking-well put it better myself, Lorna!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 15:07

Boshkash, we know bits and pieces about George. Really not that much. We know even less about how he spends his money. We have an estimate of how much the guy is worth but you and all of us have no idea about all of expenses and how much he actually invests. Like LorneDoone said much of his money must go to upkeep of his properties, salaries, business expenses, charitable causes.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Thu 23 Oct 2014, 15:19

I get it, he's going to wear it when ever there is there is a even remotely appropriate occasion. I just wish that the logo would be more stylish, because now (without the tequila tex) it just looks like an advertisement of a holiday resort.

Rainy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 23 Oct 2014, 15:19

party animal - not wrote:
And thirdy, he is really keen to sell the stuff to support SSP - more important than ever in his life because that's how he met Amal.

By the way, how did they met? At a charity event in Rome?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 23 Oct 2014, 15:38

They met at a meeting in Italy (I'm guessing end of September 2013) about the use of independent satellites over Syria

If you remember, at the time John Kerry and many others were involved in the Syrian removal of their chemical weapons arsenal and the plan was that they would be shipped to Italy. In fact I think it was Russia who announced the deal, and that did in fact happen.

Pretty committed guy, Our Hero, 'cos at the time he was in Vancouver filming 'Tomorrowland'............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 23 Oct 2014, 16:09

Well stated Lorna, thanks.
My brain is a bit fuzzy to think of what to post,
so you've said it for me.  Thumbs up!

PS. I like George dressed in his Casamigos t shirt,
especially that particular blue one.
I'd love to see a picture of his stack of t shirts,
all in colour order and maybe a list of which day
to wear which colour. lol!

Last edited by Joanna on Thu 23 Oct 2014, 16:14; edited 1 time in total
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 23 Oct 2014, 16:11

Thank you Lorna the assumptions can get annoying.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 23 Oct 2014, 22:17

OK.  We know George likes to make money for charity and the SS project.  He has created tequila brand and sold his wedding photos to support these. He has done the speaking engagements. What do we think he should sell next to make some money for charity? 

I hear he smells really good, so I vote cologne along with assorted bath bath and body products. I think it would be great if my husband smelled the same as George Clooney. 

[all tongue in cheek, sort of]

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 23 Oct 2014, 22:33

Can't someone explain things without being so freaking angry? It wasn't assumption, it was guessing, asking and wondering, and no I won't waste my time searching his economics, I didn't accuse him of anything, I merely said that he makes enough money to pay for the SSP and yet he asked ppl to donate. Calm down, we are talking not fighting :shock:phew..

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 24 Oct 2014, 00:11

party animal - not! wrote:They met at a meeting in Italy (I'm guessing end of September 2013) about the use of independent satellites over Syria

If you remember, at the time John Kerry and many others were involved in the Syrian removal of their chemical weapons arsenal and the plan was that they would be shipped to Italy. In fact I think it was Russia who announced the deal, and that did in fact happen.

Pretty committed guy, Our Hero, 'cos at the time he was in Vancouver filming 'Tomorrowland'............

Luckily he found the time to go there, otherwise he would never have met Amal.
Thanks, PAN.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 24 Oct 2014, 12:58

Casamigos hosted a art show in west Hollywood I think it was yesterday. The Brian Bowen Smith wildlife show.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 24 Oct 2014, 13:19

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down