Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by party animal - not! on Thu Oct 16 2014, 18:55

Back at Heathrow


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Amal Clooney arrives home after a series of meetings with the Greek government... as she is named the 'highest influential woman in London'


She tied the knot to Hollywood heartthrob George Clooney in a lavish four-day Venetian wedding in September, and now Amal Alamuddin has been dubbed the most influential woman in London.

The 36-year-old barrister - who changed her name last week after marrying the American actor - touched down at Heathrow Airport on Thursday afternoon following a four-day work trip in Athens.

Dressed in an elegant black and white two-piece ensemble by Oscar de la Renta, the Lebanese beauty cut a sharp figure as she made her way through the terminal.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Coming through: Amal Clooney touched down at Heathrow Airport on Thursday afternoon following a four-day work trip to Athens

Fresh from her honeymoon with 53-year-old George, the human rights lawyer returned to work last week when she headed to Greece to advise the Greek government in its battle to repatriate the ancient Elgin Marbles statues from Britain.



According to The Times, Amal said: ‘In a world of intractable conflicts, here is one that can be solved in a way that can benefit both parties and humankind altogether.’

She added: ‘Greece has a just cause and it’s high time for the British museum to recognise this.’

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Stunner: Dressed in an elegant black and white two-piece ensemble and black court shoes, the Lebanese beauty cut a sharp figure as she made her way through the terminal

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Finishing touches: The British lawyer shielded her eyes with a pair of large sunglasses and added some glamour to the proceedings with diamond stud earrings



Meanwhile, Amal has been placed at number four on the ten most influential Londoners list which was published by The Evening Standard newspaper.

She is five places ahead of international fashion mogul Victoria Beckham, who was recently named the new UN International Goodwill Ambassador.

Both Amal and Victoria beat off competition from leading men like British Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince Harry and world-renowned scientist Stephen Hawking.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In demand: The newly married lawyer has been placed at number four on the ten most influential Londoners list which was published by The Evening Standard newspaper

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

       
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]



Powerful: Both Amal and Victoria beat off competition from leading men like British Prime Minister David Cameron, Prince Harry and world-renowned scientist Stephen Hawking



The Duchess of Cambridge, who was among Time magazine's Most Influential People In The World last year, failed to make the list as Amal swooped in just behind politicians George Osborne and Boris Johnson and Deep Mind technologies founder Demis Hassabis.

Malala Yousafzai - who just accepted the Nobel Peace Prize - made the top 20 list as she was acknowledged for her courage to stand up Taliban men who denied Pakistani women education and this week received praise from Barack and Michelle Obama.

Other entries into this year's list include the hotelier responsible for the success of The Chiltern Firehouse, Andre Balazs, as well as singer-songwriter Kate Bush, who made her return to the limelight this year with a run of live London shows.


Last edited by Nicky80 on Thu Oct 16 2014, 21:06; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7583
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by fava on Thu Oct 16 2014, 23:33

Man that is a lot of luggage for a short business trip!  I always remember one of my first business trips with a lawyer boss-- I got yelled at for checking luggage.  A lot of business travellers never check luggage.  Slows you down too much at the airport.

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by bgarabedian on Fri Oct 17 2014, 08:06

She always looks elegant and dresses with class. She will be photgraphed a lot now that she is married to George. Before, George she was unknown to everyone in the movie industry. georges name and his influence has helped her career. She is smart anyway, but now she is well known and I bet george and her will have some competion , but two different worlds. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Posts : 224
Join date : 2013-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by bgarabedian on Fri Oct 17 2014, 08:08

I am happy for george for he now has a wife who is smart, intelligent and witty. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Posts : 224
Join date : 2013-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Atalante on Fri Oct 17 2014, 10:46

No smiles now for the common people working at an airport. Or maybe she knows this trip was useless.

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Doug Ross on Fri Oct 17 2014, 13:17

Atlante, have you ever say something nice about a person? In every post there's a negative comment by you about her o her mother or George..

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Posts : 508
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by fluffy on Fri Oct 17 2014, 13:35

I'm glad she's not too posh to push!!! Blue shoes with black? hmmmm! scratch

fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 959
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Joanna on Fri Oct 17 2014, 14:17

It does say black court shoes in the report above btw.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19064
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by silly willy on Fri Oct 17 2014, 16:22

fava wrote:Man that is a lot of luggage for a short business trip!  I always remember one of my first business trips with a lawyer boss-- I got yelled at for checking luggage.  A lot of business travellers never check luggage.  Slows you down too much at the airport.
I thought so too, but...  

I'm guessing the smaller trolly held the shoes and the larger trolly held the bags and clutches.  The red D&G bag (which is gorg) that she sets on top probably took up too much space so she carried it separately! 

I think she looked lovely the entire time in Greece, as always, and appropriate (except perhaps the red dress to the museum).  The white channel suit was spot on.  

I wonder how she has time to consider clothes, shoes, bags --- or to even meet with a stylist ---- with the work she does.

silly willy
Getting serious about George

Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Silje on Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:14

fluffy wrote:I'm glad she's not too posh to push!!! Blue shoes with black? hmmmm! scratch
I wondered about that too. But then I saw a pic in this article where it looks like both the dress and the shoes are blue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:17

I don't think she has a stylist I think she loves clothes and buys what she likes. She  dressed well before she met George. She can shop the internet and I think like a lot of women who enjoy shopping she probably finds a way to fit it into her schedule.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Fri Oct 17 2014, 17:18

The dress is navy blue.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by globalchick on Sat Oct 18 2014, 12:43

annemarie wrote:I don't think she has a stylist I think she loves clothes and buys what she likes. She  dressed well before she met George. She can shop the internet and I think like a lot of women who enjoy shopping she probably finds a way to fit it into her schedule.
She almost certainly has a stylist now I also think she employed a hair stylist and make up artist for the trip -probably local Athens-based people. 

She is definitely spending a great deal of his money now on clothes and is much more polished and expensively dressed than she used to be. I'm sure he has given her a credit card as any wealthy man would and she is busy spending.

You just can't compare the calibre of clothes she is wearing now to what she wore before. Someone posted the pictures of her 'before' wardrobe on another thread. 

Also if you saw the People article a university professor friend of hers says she and George want her to be the "new Princess Diana". That is never going to happen as Amal is getting a lot of vitriole because of her attention seeking ways and love of the cameras and she is terribly overexposed now. Also the reality is that she is Lebanese and a Muslim and that's a negative for her popularity. Sad but true. Her overexposure in Europe at this moment is almost like Kim Kardashian especially in the UK press and the backlash is well underway.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Picachu on Sat Oct 18 2014, 13:37

wow Globalchick im getting this distinct feeling you don't like Amal  Rolling Eyes

why all the hate, she's not married to you so what she does isn't really important and she has her own income to spend, she does work.

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Posts : 627
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by mel01 on Sat Oct 18 2014, 14:32

globalchick wrote:
annemarie wrote:I don't think she has a stylist I think she loves clothes and buys what she likes. She  dressed well before she met George. She can shop the internet and I think like a lot of women who enjoy shopping she probably finds a way to fit it into her schedule.
She almost certainly has a stylist now I also think she employed a hair stylist and make up artist for the trip -probably local Athens-based people. 

She is definitely spending a great deal of his money now on clothes and is much more polished and expensively dressed than she used to be. I'm sure he has given her a credit card as any wealthy man would and she is busy spending.

You just can't compare the calibre of clothes she is wearing now to what she wore before. Someone posted the pictures of her 'before' wardrobe on another thread. 

Also if you saw the People article a university professor friend of hers says she and George want her to be the "new Princess Diana". That is never going to happen as Amal is getting a lot of vitriole because of her attention seeking ways and love of the cameras and she is terribly overexposed now. Also the reality is that she is Lebanese and a Muslim and that's a negative for her popularity. Sad but true. Her overexposure in Europe at this moment is almost like Kim Kardashian especially in the UK press and the backlash is well underway.


   I'm horrified if what that uni professor claims is true, cause that would mean that George isn't anything like i thought he was. Agree with almost everything u said - Amal goes about with that wardrobe and shoes like she's Kate Middleton..and i say this because that's how it genuinely looks like to me, not saying this out of envy. I mean realistically, if u have a serious, important job, yeah there's no harm in dressing beautifully, but something doesn't ring true when your shoes are 3 and 4-inch high when u're on official work.

    The only thing i disagree on is that i don't think Amal is Muslim, or at least not a practising one or even following the faith. Although they didn't openly state this (that would cause a serious backlash among Muslims and the Muslim world), George did imply this in his attack against the Daily Mail. No Muslim woman would wear in public the dress Amal wore the day after the wedding. That hemline couldn't have been any shorter.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Posts : 211
Join date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Atalante on Sat Oct 18 2014, 14:46

Picachu wrote:wow Globalchick im getting this distinct feeling you don't like Amal  Rolling Eyes

why all the hate, she's not married to you so what she does isn't really important and she has her own income to spend, she does work.
Facts aren't hate, ..., some of you are delirious.  Laughing Pink flamingos.

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by party animal - not! on Sat Oct 18 2014, 14:53

Er, can someone please post the evidence that says Professor Wlliam Schabus said that in People? 

Can't find it anywhere. He was quoted however as saying she had supreme self confidence - which is one of the many reasons why she was asked to join such a leading chambers

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7583
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by / on Sat Oct 18 2014, 14:56

She's not spending George's money on clothes. If you look at the outfits she wore in Greece, one of them was a Chanel suit from 2012, which was before she met George. She already wore designer clothes and accessoires before they started dating. I think she can afford all of this without any financial help from others, she makes enough money on her own. And if it was the case, can't a husband buy something for his wife from time to time?

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Posts : 209
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:01

Where is this supposed article I haven't seen anything like that written and George would never say anything like that.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:06

Amal has been wearing designer clothes well before she met George you can see them listed on the fashion site for her.  when she works she dresses polished and put together. Her casual look is more care free and easy. She makes her own money has apparently always had her style this is from her aunt in people magazine. George is a husband and if he chooses which I'm sure he does to give her money to spend why not they are married.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by LizzyNY on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:07

Globalchick -I love how certain you are of everything you say, considering you've never met the woman. If she is paying more attention to her appearance, why shouldn't she? She's in the public eye now all the time - whether she likes it or not - and we don't KNOW that she likes it.

 But she is newly married to a very famous man and I'm sure she doesn't want to embarrass him by dressing like a slob - nor does she want the press to make her look bad. Who would?  She is wealthy enough in her own right to dress well. Don't assume that George is paying for everything.

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3487
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:15

Some people seem to want to believe Amal was nothing and had nothing before she met George. Which is absolutely ridiculous.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by doris day on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:30

they  did not have to spend anythig for the dresses she wore in venice because it was organized by anna wintour for vogue and all these famous brands are just happy to see them on the newspapers

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 383
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Donnamarie on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:32

How do you type the phonetical sound for groan? Because I'm groaning right now. I will not read what globalchick wrote but I have read the responses. So glad most of us are reasonable about our opinions of Amal, and George for that matter.

Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3412
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Atalante on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:46

" Moreover, the Mrs Clooney parade proved rather expensive: according to a government document, where it is evident that the Greek prime minister called the shots, a sum in excess of US $13,000 was spent on airplane tickets and the hiring of a chauffeur-driven private car just for the legal team. 
That corresponds to what an experienced Greek archaeologist makes in a year. " Link


Yeah sounds ... reasonable.  Doh!

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by fava on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:54

Atalante wrote:" Moreover, the Mrs Clooney parade proved rather expensive: according to a government document, where it is evident that the Greek prime minister called the shots, a sum in excess of US $13,000 was spent on airplane tickets and the hiring of a chauffeur-driven private car just for the legal team. 
That corresponds to what an experienced Greek archaeologist makes in a year. " Link


Yeah sounds ... reasonable.  Doh!

Well, you can't put that on Amal. The Greeks are paying the bill, it's their choice.  I don't think the cost would have ben different for a team of lawyers that did not inlcude her.  They have also gotten a boat load of world wide publicity they would not have gotten otherwise.


Last edited by fava on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Atalante on Sat Oct 18 2014, 15:58

Oh sure to be or not be a ... human rights lawyer. Thumbs up!pointingROTFL

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:03

Top lawyers are not cheap which is not Amals fault. The government hired them so the government is paying.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by fava on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:08

Atalante wrote:Oh sure to be or not be a ... human rights lawyer. Thumbs up!pointingROTFL

The marbles are an issue of international law, not human rights.  I believe that is one of her areas of expertise.

fava
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 976
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Silje on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:17

party animal - not! wrote:Er, can someone please post the evidence that says Professor Wlliam Schabus said that in People? 

Can't find it anywhere. He was quoted however as saying she had supreme self confidence - which is one of the many reasons why she was asked to join such a leading chambers
PAN and Annmarie I read an article or was it a video? where William Scabas made an comparison to Amal and Diana. I can't find it now but I read a million articles this last week.


It's not the People article where William Scabas said she wad supremely self-confident.  It was an other article a few days earlier. Not sure it was People? 

I brought it up on another thread.

William Scabas is the guy she would have served with on the Gaza comission.

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:25

Schabas said, Some barristers n her field engage in high profile campaigns with some public advocacy. He says I sense that in her new activity around the marbles, she is aspiring to that role. Like Lady Diana she'll be asked to promote the great causes. Her husband is on the same wave length.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Silje on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:27

annemarie wrote:Schabas said, Some barristers n her field engage in high profile campaigns with some public advocacy. He says I sense that in her new activity around the marbles, she is aspiring to that role. Like Lady Diana she'll be asked to promote the great causes. Her husband is on the same wave length.
 That is the one I was thinking of.

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1083
Join date : 2014-05-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Katiedot on Sat Oct 18 2014, 16:46

So that quote has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with George Clooney's wants?   Wow, talk about completely inventing stuff to support an untenable opinion.

Let's get the facts right, shall we? Schabas said that in his opinion Amal, like princess Diana, will be asked to promote good causes.  What Schabas most definitely didn't in any way whatsoever say, hint at or suggest was that George Clooney wants his wife to be "the new princess Diana".

Atalante wrote:Oh sure to be or not be a ... human rights lawyer. Thumbs up!pointingROTFL
Do keep up: she's a barrister specialising in international law. Human rights is only one of the fields that falls under international law and Amal does practice in other areas too. If you're going to criticise someone, it's better to to base those critiques on facts rather than your imagination.

Which brings me to this:

Atalante wrote:Facts aren't hate, ..., some of you are delirious. Laughing Pink flamingos.
Very true. Just a shame for you that little of what either you or Globalchick write contains many facts. Hatred you've got plenty of.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Picachu on Sat Oct 18 2014, 17:47

anyway back to Amal, i love the round bag she has in her hand coming out of the airport, a nice carry on

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Posts : 627
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Atalante on Sat Oct 18 2014, 20:06

Katiedot wrote:So that quote has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with George Clooney's wants?   Wow, talk about completely inventing stuff to support an untenable opinion.

Let's get the facts right, shall we? Schabas said that in his opinion Amal, like princess Diana, will be asked to promote good causes.  What Schabas most definitely didn't in any way whatsoever say, hint at or suggest was that George Clooney wants his wife to be "the new princess Diana".

Atalante wrote:Oh sure to be or not be a ... human rights lawyer. Thumbs up!pointingROTFL
 Do keep up: she's a barrister specialising in international law.  Human rights is only one of the fields that falls under international law and Amal does practice in other areas too.  If you're going to criticise someone, it's better to to base those critiques on facts rather than your imagination.

Which brings me to this:

Atalante wrote:Facts aren't hate, ..., some of you are delirious.  Laughing Pink flamingos.
 Very true.  Just a shame for you that little of what either you or Globalchick write contains many facts.  Hatred you've got plenty of.
Katiedot, ... get real.  Seesaw of good and e Her office, thus she too, defends WAR CRIMINALS. They pay WELL, no ? What HATRED ??? I'm looking for some interesting FACTS. Soon G.C. will meet Amal's uncle, THE WEAPONSDEALER. G.C.'s ENOUGHPROJECT is very much interested in WEAPONSDEALERS. Hello!

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Katiedot on Sat Oct 18 2014, 21:04

What is your strange obsession with payment? Why on earth do you imagine that it's sooooo wrong for lawyers to be paid for their work?

Yes, she's defended some dubious characters [although I wonder why you choose to only focus on those cases and not any others she's done - gosh, it couldn't be because you don't like her, could it?] but that's how the world works. You have to put bad people on trial because otherwise you're no different from a corrupt government imprisoning people it doesn't like without legal trials. One can't just say "He's a bad man, put him in prison for the rest of his life", it actually has to be proved in a court of law where both prosecution and defence have lawyers and the system is done fairly.

If you think that any lawyer working at this level (governments suing other governments) gets to chose to only to defend the innocent then maybe it's time you get real. Once Amal gets to the very top of her profession then she will be able to pick but she's not there yet.

Let's imagine for the sake of a discusson that she wanted to become the world's leading human rights lawyer and change this planet for good, how does she get to that position? She needs to have years of experience behind her, she needs to sharpen her claws on every case there is and get firsthand understanding of how the systems work. Nobody is going to hire her with no experience in the field and she won't get that by turning down every case that may possibly be offensive to someone somewhere. And if she doesn't have that experience in a junior role, she will never rise to a senior role and therefore she won't be able to change the world.

Sure, there are scummy lawyers who make money defending only rich assholes from rightful convinction and maybe she'll turn out to be one of those, but I don't think that's her career trajectory.

Now, as to her uncle, do you seriously mean that she chose to be born into her family and that she's responsible for the actions of someone 20 years ago? Because if that's your reasoning then don't forget that George Clooney has a sometime drug addicted aunt who spent time in a mental health facility so by your reasoning George too is a drug-taking middle aged woman having a nervous breakdown. It would be a lot more factual to understand that families are made up of all sorts of people and just because one person in a family is good it doesn't follow that all are, any more than it's true that just because one person is bad, they all are bad too.

As for calling him a weaponsdealer, a more FACTUAL description might be a person who worked, officially, for the French government selling French-made weapons to other governments. All perfectly legal. But of course if you were to have stuck to the facts, that wouldn't have made him sound quite as bad as you want him to, would it?

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Donnamarie on Sat Oct 18 2014, 21:18

Thank you Katidot. Very reasonable analysis. I get it.

Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Posts : 3412
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Atalante on Sat Oct 18 2014, 23:28

Why are you so defensive ? You don't know Amal nor her family, so ... facts will pop up whether you like it or not Katiedot. So get real. Very Happy

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Katiedot on Sat Oct 18 2014, 23:33

The facts are out there already Atalante. So sorry if they're too real for you to deal with and you prefer to create your own.

Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 12369
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Atalante on Sat Oct 18 2014, 23:37

You should see a ... shrink. You just read the facts YOU like and dismiss the rest. But hey, that's not my problem, that's yours, ... . So have fun ! Laughing

Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Picachu on Sun Oct 19 2014, 00:40

any chance we could get this thread back to topic please

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Posts : 627
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by justpassinthrough on Sun Oct 19 2014, 01:59

The sad part about these pictures is that she was flying in these stylish but constricting clothes.  When I fly, I prefer to be dressed comfortably.  So far, I have eluded the paps so I do not have to worry about people judging my outfits.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by doris day on Sun Oct 19 2014, 02:21

when she arrived from the states with jeans everybody jumped on her because she had jeans.

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 383
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by annemarie on Sun Oct 19 2014, 02:55

She could have been flying like that because she had to go to the office when she got back to London. Also she was flying back from business I don't think her bosses would have dressed down to fly back either.

annemarie
Totally loving George Clooney

Posts : 3813
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Picachu on Sun Oct 19 2014, 08:17

I tend to see alot of business people dressed like this so would assume she is still in work mode, makes sence. And I still love that red round bag

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Posts : 627
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by mel01 on Mon Oct 20 2014, 14:33

Picachu wrote:I tend to see alot of business people dressed like this so would assume she is still in work mode, makes sence. And I still love that red round bag


  I still think that red round bag is pretentious - for a business trip no less. No offense to anyone though. Anyway i'm sure it's one of the latest bags out there but don't follow these so have no idea what label it is.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Posts : 211
Join date : 2012-05-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Joanna on Mon Oct 20 2014, 16:29

Thank you Katie for taking the time to write
reasoned and intelligent comments about Amal
and her family. flower

........and btw.....you don't need to see a shrink.
IMO anyway.

Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 19064
Join date : 2011-11-17
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by party animal - not! on Mon Oct 20 2014, 16:36

Totally agree. Great piece

party animal - not!
Zip a dee Clooney!

Posts : 7583
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by doris day on Mon Oct 20 2014, 17:26

if a shrink read some comments full of anger and nonsense analysis of all the tiny details in the life of  people  that nobody has never met, im sure he would close his place and open a blog...lot of work !!!!

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 383
Join date : 2011-02-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Picachu on Mon Oct 20 2014, 18:49

mel01 wrote:
Picachu wrote:I tend to see alot of business people dressed like this so would assume she is still in work mode, makes sence. And I still love that red round bag


  I still think that red round bag is pretentious - for a business trip no less. No offense to anyone though. Anyway i'm sure it's one of the latest bags out there but don't follow these so have no idea what label it is.

no offence taken by me Mel01, i wouldnt use it for business it would be leasure and i wouldn't pay over £50 either (im cheap) so hears hoping a high street shop or something has something similar but cheap Smile

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Posts : 627
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Amal Clooney arrives home at Heathrow

Post by Sponsored content Today at 09:33


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum