Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

View previous topic View next topic Go down

5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by jd68 on Sun 05 Oct 2014, 19:15

5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



The suave star and his new wife are the model modern couple


Celebrities, as anyone who has ever passed a magazine stand at the checkout knows, are always on the verge of divorcing. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie veer toward the off-ramp to splitsville at least once a month, or whenever tabloids aren’t selling so well. The Beyonce and Jay-Z rumor mill churns so hard, it could crush diamonds. Now that George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin have been wed long enough to have their wedding pictures sold for charity, we should expect to see rumors of the demise of their marriage any day now.


But be warned, ye Cassandras, Clooney and Alamuddin have gone about getting married in the way that sociologists say leads to a lower likelihood of divorce.
Here’s why, with help from economist and Brookings Institute egghead Isabel Sawhill’s new book Generation Unbound.


1) They’re Old.
Clooney is 53, Alamuddin 36. That’s higher than the average age people get married (for men it’s 29, and women it’s 27, although this is Clooney’s second marriage.) There’s a pretty strong correlation between the age at which you get married and the likelihood that your marriage survives, says Sawhill. “Later marriages are more durable than earlier ones,” she writes. “The most recent data suggest that it is best to wait until your mid-twenties, and better still your early thirties, if you want to reduce the risk of divorce.”


2) They’re Childless.
This may seem obvious, but in the U.S. it’s not. The average age at which women get married is now higher than the average age at which women have their first baby, notes Sawhill. Marriages that happen after children have a high rate of failure, especially if the children were unintended. Some studies show that in poorer families, who are often delaying marriage because they don’t feel they’re financially stable enough, a child is welcomed and “highly valued,” as Sawhill puts it. However, she notes “about four in ten [of these relationships] will have ended before the child is age 5.”


3) They’re Equally Educated.
Both Clooney and Alamuddin have similar interests and come from similar socio-economic backgrounds. Alamuddin’s mother was a journalist, Clooney’s dad was an anchorman. Alamuddin has way more formal education than Clooney, who never finished college, but seems to have picked up some useful skills. “The tendency of the well-educated to marry each other,” notes Sawhill is “what scientists call ‘assortative mating.”” Those relationships have proved to be the most stable.


4) They’re Wealthy.
Clearly Clooney’s wealth dwarfs Alamuddin’s, but she’s not without means. In any case, wealth — not crazy money, but a lack of need — tends to produce more stable families, or at least poverty produces unstable ones, especially if there are kids involved. This is such a big predictor of marital stability that sociologists are not quite sure if richer people have more stable marriage or whether more stable marriages produce better wealth.


5) They Decided.
Clooney, you may have noticed, dated a lot of women before marrying Alamuddin. He even lived with some of them. But the relationships never just slid into marriage because they had nowhere else to go. Alamuddin and Clooney had only been dating for about a year when they got married, and only about six months before they got engaged. This is in contrast to many families which are founded out of convenience or lack of choice. “The less privileged …are drifting into relationships they did not plan and frequently cannot maintain,” writes Sawhill. Those who carefully choose their spouses and delay starting a family until they have chosen one, tend to stay married.
Of course, these trends may fade to meaninglessness in the blinding glare of living in the public eye, which, if the reality shows are to be believed, is not very easy on newlyweds. Nevertheless, we’re sure nobody is hinting at a Clooney-Alamuddin rift yet. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
jd68
Clooney Addict

Posts : 185
Join date : 2013-09-25
Location : Rome, Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by LornaDoone on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 00:02

Makes some good points.

Me, I tend to think it may well depend on what Amal's aspirations may be.  She's already shown herself willing to make changes to accommodate George and if George is willing to do the same it may well succeed.

But if George goes back to his old ways of being so engrossed and involved in his work that he starts to ignore or take Amal for granted then that might be an issue.

Amal at this point is a challenge for George because she doesn't drop everything she's doing to be with him and that will keep him on his toes.

But if she has to start giving up any of her most important cases or career path, she might come to resent him.

As I've said before, women disproportionately have had to give up more in a marriage.   If they can balance out both their careers and George doesn't start trying to have Amal give up more time from her legal work, then they should be fine.
avatar
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Donnamarie on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 00:19

If Amal gets pregnant would she be giving in? Personally I don't see them having children but Ive already been shocked at some of things George has done in the last year so it can't be ruled out. If she makes a career change will it be perceived has giving in? The fact that they supposedly bought a house in England shows to me that George embraces her commitment to her career. I think he relishes her career.
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by globalchick on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 13:10

LornaDoone wrote:But if George goes back to his old ways of being so engrossed and involved in his work that he starts to ignore or take Amal for granted then that might be an issue.

Amal at this point is a challenge for George because she doesn't drop everything she's doing to be with him and that will keep him on his toes.

But if she has to start giving up any of her most important cases or career path, she might come to resent him.

Amal has barely worked at all since February/March if you follow their movements and the coverage of them together, the holidays in Mauritus/Tanzania, her presence in Cabo and LA and at the white house screening of Monuments Men, her being in LA when the engagement was announced and all the sightings of them around then. And them being in Italy for the last month amidst massive wedding preparations etc. She hasn't worked in a very long time. She seem to be on a perpetual holiday.

So she is no different from all George's other women. She seems to be coming and going at his beck and call, no different from the others. She also accepted and then turned down the Gaza UN role, clearly once George/Stan found out about it they told her to turn it down because you can't do anything anti-Israel or anti-Jewish in Hollywood or George's career would be finished. 

George is calling most of the shots already in this relationship - she comes across like a fame hungry giddy schoolgirl. And we know she gave up smoking for him, dropped her twitter account, started being on time. What's George given up aside from his bachelorhood?

Amal is no different from the others and loving the limelight just like them. In the thread "Is what we are seeing real love" I state my views on the situation. I think George needed an image change, this is the only reason he married her and not the others. She is just like the others only he married her this time for PR reasons. He needed a change of image. I can't see it lasting. He hasn't had a successful relationship in 17 years and I can't see that changing. I think they have an agreement that she will spend a fair amount of time every year in London and she will give him space. He already has quite a few movies in production. He's not going to give up anything for her. I think he's using her for PR reasons but I don't think Stan did a sufficient background check on her or they would have uncovered all the unsavoury characters she's defended in the past and her arms dealer uncle. When all that stuff reaches the US press it won't be good for George.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Doug Ross on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 13:33

Global, when she has refused the work for the UN, she said that she was working on other 5 projects and for that reason she couldn't accept the job. So I don't think she's been on holiday for all the year.

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Posts : 573
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Donnamarie on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 13:47

Global, you have absolutely no evidencence that she has not been working. Her work is not on public display. A lot of what she does is behind the scenes. As I'm sure George works behind the scene too during the summer.
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Donnamarie on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 13:53

Sorry didn't proofread my comments well but you get the gist?
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by globalchick on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 14:14

Doug Ross wrote:Global, when she has refused the work for the UN, she said that she was working on other 5 projects and for that reason she couldn't accept the job. So I don't think she's been on holiday for all the year.
I'm not sure you followed the controversy over that. The UN formally announced the appointment of Amal to that Gaza crimes investigation committee and even put a formal press release announcing it up on their website. You do not do that unless you have the consent of the parties involved. 

Amal would have been called up about it and accepted verbally. 

Then Clooney would have found out about it and hit the roof. Hence the bizarre retraction a day later by Stan. She is not too busy. That would have been her dream job I'm sure. But Clooney can't have his wife participating in anything anti-Israel or he could kiss his career in Hollywood goodbye. 

Quite a few newspapers who reported on it saw through the UN announcement and sudden and bizarre retraction. 

The reason she didn't accept the job IMO is because Clooney told her not to. That shows how naive Amal was that she thought she could ever participate in anything like that. So her career as a "human rights lawyer" will involve her only taking cases that will not hurt George or his career I'm sure.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by LizzyNY on Mon 06 Oct 2014, 15:20

I think whatever either of them does will be viewed through a filter of what is best for both their careers. They're both ambitious, savvy professionals who have worked hard to get where they are. I'm sure they have a vision for their future and will choose projects that will get them where they want to be professionally.
 Besides, when you care about someone (and I think they really do) you don't want to do anything that you know will hurt them. At the end of the day the public life goes away and your personal life is all-important. Why screw that up for a career move?
avatar
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4666
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Clouddancer on Fri 10 Oct 2014, 04:34

I think you give Clooney way too much credit and power. She didn't accept the position because she was having a good time. she felt like a movie star or royalty. All the famous restaurants, the beautiful Villa, the private jets, famous people, the donated designer clothes worth thousands, who wouldn't be flattered and that is so much more fun then briefs.

True, the UN simply doesn't decide who they want and send them the notification publicity, They request privately then upon confirmation go public. She might have expressed an interest, and the post could have been accepted by her firm, Amal is a Jr, or what we would call a Jr partner here.

As for her work. My opinion only, but considering all the press scrutiny she was under if Amal were in court working on a case, we'd know about it, rather we wanted to or not. It was a quick dating period, engagement and marriage. If I didn't know better I'd assume George was pregnant, and she needed to make an honest man out of him.

Every time I see one of these Hollywood weddings, with the huge diamonds, and public declaration of love and devotion and promises of never being apart too long I wince, because fate loves a challenge, and when you do that, go all out, to the wall, make a show of it, and in their case, days, it fills me with a mix feeing of dread and hope. Dread that this will not end well, and hope that it will go on for decades. Marriage is hard, but a good marriage, is so worth the work, and I hope that for them. But when I see them, smiling and the word fairy tale, and perfect couple, and promises of never being apart too long, I remember that phase, marry in haste, repent in leisure. I don't know why.

I think a nice, BIG celebration was a wonderful idea, they deserve it, but four days? A bit much, but it wasn't my wedding or my money so whom am I to say what's too much? I do however, believe that the signing of the official document didn't have to be a photo op, and it was. In my opinion. I just cant help but wonder, who exactly are they trying to convince that they are deeply in love and the perfect couple, or am I so jaded by what I do, I don't see the fairy tale aspect in it, I admit, that is entirely possible..

Clouddancer
Shy poster

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by it's me on Fri 10 Oct 2014, 09:21

who knows....
avatar
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 17182
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by louisvillelaura on Fri 10 Oct 2014, 14:12

Clouddancer I agree... something makes me questions "what are they trying to prove".  I am a journalist but I cover politics.  When I see a couple holding hands I immediately call B.S.  Married couples don't hold hands.  NOW... George Clooney is a newlywed and if he is truly in love they are still just a year into it and in the very "mushy" disply of affection.  That's typical of "normal" people.  But this isn't a normal couple and never have I really seen many PDA (public display of affection) with G.C.  

PLUS she's already changed her name and even her law firm is calling her Mrs. Clooney.  I changed my name, but I was 22 when I got married and not a celebrity.  The timing is what bothers me.  Too fast after Stacey Keibler got married an pregnant (a couple of weeks the relationship goes from under that radar to engaged).  Too much information - that I secretly love/hate because I was supposed to be "the one"... lol Smile

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Posts : 80
Join date : 2014-05-22

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by theminis on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:18

Louisvillelaura - Married couples don't hold hands?? Thats a big generalisation.  Ive known my hubby for 18 years and we still hold hands.  When we go shopping, holding hands, out for dinner, holding hands even with 3 kids in tow.
avatar
theminis
Moderator

Posts : 6088
Join date : 2012-02-29
Location : Oz

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by it's me on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 00:22

you sweet Smile
avatar
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 17182
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by globalchick on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 05:31

Look at all the changes Amal has been making to try and land George: Stopped smoking cold turkey because he doesn't like it, started being on time when she was notoriously late, basically stopped working for months so she could be at his beck and call just like the other women did (I know some people here dispute this but this is what I believe, She seems to be on a permanent vacation). Then she accepts the UN Gaza strip inquiry and there is a bizarre retraction 24 hours later by Stan once George finds out about it and the serious implications it represented for George's career. Neither he nor his wife can be involved in anything anti-Israel if he wants a career in Hollywood. So having accepted it verbally she turns it down. Now we find out that the "human rights lawyer" has decided to do the Elgin marbles case (George's new pet cause) despite the many gross abuses of human rights going on in the world right now involving HUMANS and despite turning down the Gaza strip enquiry because she was allegedly "too busy". I don't believe she will take on any new cases without running them by George and will quietly drop her defense of unsavoury characters on the grounds that she is "too busy".

George is calling all the shots and that's ok now because she is in lurrvve. But at some point resentment will kick in.

And look again at those pictures of her at the wedding production (I'm calling it a production because it was a PR show). Amal is like a giddy little schoolgirl in love with the money, fame and attention of being with a celebrity. Right now she is dancing to George's tune and doing everything he says. Well we've all been there. They are only months into their relationship and do not know each other very well.

But we all know this is not sustainable. She is clearly putting her best face forward - even her friend admitted that in the wedding speech - and that is not the real Amal. They've spent so little time together I bet they've never even had a real argument. George rushed down the altar just like he did with Talia without knowing this woman. I believe that when the rose coloured glasses come off this will implode spectacularly. She is an intelligent woman - we all agree on this - who is so naive she still believes in Mr Perfect. George is a much older man who is set in his ways. 

What will happen when she becomes resentful about his many absences, and when he gets tired of the miserable weather in England (and yes I've lived there and it's a horrible place) a country George has never been keen on. What will happen when he starts getting tired of the 11 hour flights from LA to England. It's inevitable that she will have to relocate to LA if this marriage has a prayer of working and the shallow vacuous world of LA will make her miserable. Intelligence counts for nothing in LA - looks and success in Hollywood are the only thing that matters. Neither of which she has. She will also have to put up with the paparazzi which no doubt will excite her for a while and then become a poisoned chalice once she sees unflattering pictures of herself - she is not the most photogenic of women. 

But we will never know how fast things implode because George's image and reputation are on the line. And he will want this relationship to drag out on paper as long as possible even when they are no longer together because he would look terrible. I guess we will know it's over when it becomes obvious they are hardly spending any time together. But I think the announcement will come years after that. As I've said before I think there is a financial carrot in the prenup that sees a huge $$$ benefit to her if she keeps appearances up for 5 years - probably she will get the $20 million dollar British home plus a cash payment of $8 million or something. Amal would understand such an "arrangement" as per parents live in different countries - I think they are married on paper but no longer together. 

But in truth I could see them being at the point of no return within another 18 months. Once the rose coloured glasses come off and the real Amal emerges he will realise what he's done. I was on a law forum and there was a poster there who clearly had had interactions with her who said Amal has no idea how to behave and conduct herself. I believe it. There was a reason she was still single at nearly 37 and doesn't appear to have had a long term relationship herself, although there are rumours on the internet that she had affairs with a married judge and her married boss. Not sure how true they are but I think there is a lot more to the real Amal than George knows.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Posts : 110
Join date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Clouddancer on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 06:45

Wow, where to start

Smoking is unhealthy and I don't believe she would accept a post then decline it. Rather I think her firm was contacted and they accepted on her behalf. She was planning a wedding and buying a house and getting to know her inlaws, those things take time.

George isn't calling all the shots, She might ask his opinion, but she isn't a starry eyed girl, that's her career, she worked too hard for it, to allow her husband to tell her how to use it.

True, she does look giddy, but so did I at my wedding. Its family, a lovely meal, the man you love, the beautiful location, what's not to be giddy about. She probably felt like a princess.

We all put our best foot forward, but id think after six months of intense togetherness he knows a little something about her, and she him. I doubt at 36 she believes there's a perfect man out there, and yes, George is set in his ways, but he is also adaptable, he has to
be, as an actor. You can teach an old dog, new tricks you know Laughing

Yep the paps will be a problem, but I disagree, she doesn't have to move to LA permanently and he doesn't have to move to the UK permanently. As for that crowd, no one is prepared for LA, trust me on that. I don't care who you are, its not what you think it is. but I do disagree with you on one point. Amal is very photogenic. The camera loves her, and she has that gorgeous, thick hair. they'd kill for that in LA.

We disagree again I don't think the marriage is over Shocked George wont drag anything out. when he makes a break from a woman, he makes it quick and clean. There is nothing to gain by dragging it out. And I would certainty hope that there is a prenup, he'd be fool if there weren't.

Ok we disagree again I don't think at 53 George wears rose colored glasses and as a woman in a career overly populated by men, I doubt if she is wearing rose colored glasses either. the first year of marriage is always testy, two strangers living together its like college, but with sex and a melding of fiancés. These aren't blushing kids, these are two people in their late 30's and early 50's, I doubt if either could surprise the other. And I doubt that Amal has gotten this far, attending College, living on her own, meeting the cream of society at times, and earning place in her firm, doesn't know how to behave in any circumstance. I think that person was just being petty and mean. As for the affair rumors, its no one business. George wasn't a virgin either, so he cant complain and I doubt all of his women were single and available all the time. Im sure there are depths to Amal he hasn't explored yet, but that's what marriage is for. He'll learn quick enough. Laughing

Also, just because she was single at 36 doesn't mean there was anything wrong with her. Why is it when a woman takes her time to get married, she's a loser, if a man does it, he's a playboy, worthy of pats on the back. Maybe Amal wanted a career established first.

.

Clouddancer
Shy poster

Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by LizzyNY on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 13:20

No matter how much we search and read and analyze every bit of information we can get our hands on, the truth is none of us knows anything about their relationship. We can only make assumptions based on media reports, and we all know how reliable those are. To say that we "know" how they feel or how they will act is, IMO, playing the same game the tabloids play - inferences based on suppositions based on guesswork.

Whether they last ten months, ten years or forever is entirely up to them. Only they know why they got married and what marriage means to them. To assume we know anything about their true motives, their financial arrangements, or anything else is foolish. We can play guessing games from now until forever, but we'll never know the truth - which (especially for those who think he should keep his private life private) is how it should be!
avatar
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4666
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Donnamarie on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 14:01

LizzyNY you echo everything I've said here since Ive been posting on COH late this summer. How can anyone dispute what you're saying? I just believe that there are people who do not want George in this relationship with Amal. I have read several of the past posts here when George was with other women. Inevitably there are those who just find negative things to say about anyone he is with ... except for Celine. Well that relationship was a long time ago and I think George has changed and actually grown up since that early relationship. Many posters here try to make valid comments like yourself and Clouddancer and others but to no avail. G&A can be together for 10 years and there will be naysayers who will say oh they aren't happy, they are staying together for their careers, whatever. No one is going to win this argument. In the meantime G&A will lead their real lives the way they want to and what happens, happens. I wish them the best. I will always be George's cheerleader.
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Atalante on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 14:50

Relationships with married guys, ... olalala. Laughing
avatar
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1987
Join date : 2010-12-31
Location : Little Old Belgium

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by LizzyNY on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 15:06

Donnamarie - I'm glad we see eye to eye. A lot of us have mixed feelings about George's marriage and are having a hard time getting used to it. Lucky for us, there are posters who have inside information and a psychic connection to George so they can give us the "real story" and tell us where we've gone wrong. Apparently they're the only ones who have a clue. lol!
avatar
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4666
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by LornaDoone on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 20:46

I find it fascinating that a poster here would have such intimate knowledge of what is contained in George and Amal's prenup.

Abso-fucking-lutely amazing!

So miss chick do you work for a law firm that drafted the prenup?

Hmm, perhaps George should check with his lawyer to see who's supposedly leaking highly confidential client/attorney priviliged information.

Or perhaps since miss chick has such intimate knowledge of what this supposed PR machine is doing that one would surmise she works for Stan or someone in his office.

Or hey, let's really take this delusion further.

Maybe miss chick is FUCKING someone in either George's lawyer's office or Stan's office because unless she's George's attorney or Stan himself, how the hell would all this information be available to post on a FAN forum.

Oh wait, my bad.  I forgot.   This is the gal who reads minds through her foil lined walls.

Or was it she got hold of the FBI and NSA files on George?

I mean there has got to be some logical explanation that we should be graced with such intimate knowledge of George's life right?

Yea right.

And yea, that WAS plain, old, in your face, sarcasm.
avatar
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by LizzyNY on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 21:25

Lorna - I go for the mindreading through foil lined walls, since she's always telling us why George does what he does as if she's inside his head. She can't be working for any of the people you mentioned because A: They would never hire anyone so eager to spill all his private business all over the net, and B: She's too busy dissing George to get any real work done.

Maybe she's the chick who wrote the book about marrying George by Christmas and she's pissed because he got married right when her book was coming out. Kind of blew the premise right out of the water. Very Happy
avatar
LizzyNY
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4666
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Doug Ross on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 21:43

Donnamarie wrote:LizzyNY you echo everything I've said here since Ive been posting on COH late this summer.  How can anyone dispute what you're saying?  I just believe that there are people who do not want George in this relationship with Amal.  I have read several of the past posts here when George was with other women.  Inevitably there are those who just find negative things to say about anyone he is with ... except for Celine.  Well that relationship was a long  time ago and I think George has changed and actually grown up since that early relationship.  Many posters here try to make valid comments like yourself and Clouddancer and others but to no avail.  G&A can be together for 10 years and there will be naysayers who will say oh they aren't happy, they are staying together for their careers, whatever.  No one is going to win this argument.  In the meantime G&A will lead their real lives the way they want to and what happens, happens.  I wish them the best.  I will always be George's cheerleader.

Or that they are not in love anymore but stay together because after that marriage in Venice would be a shame for him letting us know that they want to divorce. Some posters here have sayed something like that.

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Posts : 573
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Donnamarie on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 21:57

You go LorneDoone. I'm laughing my head off as I read your ballsy assessment of the BS that is being put out there by our certain poster. LizzyNY I'm glad we can relate and Doug Ross I hope you are just being sarcastic. Right? Of course. I know you give Georgw more credit than that!

Im still laughing. I think a certain poster is just looking for attention. She fortunately is getting it.
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Doug Ross on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 22:16

Donnamarie wrote:You go LorneDoone.  I'm laughing my head off as I read your ballsy assessment of the BS that is being put out there by  our certain poster. LizzyNY I'm glad we can relate and Doug Ross I hope you are just being sarcastic.  Right? Of course.  I know you give Georgw more credit than that!  


I do, but some posters here really thinks that about George.
They don't understand that if they split up, George would be probably sad than ashamed.

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Posts : 573
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Donnamarie on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 22:24

Doug Ross, be optimistic. Don't think about what might go wrong in the marriage. They just got married. Some on this forum do not wish them well, which is really sad. There is absolutely no reason to think that G&A are not happy.
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4615
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by LornaDoone on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 22:27

Um maybe we should be saying AG given how that was their monogram for the wedding and I'm going to guess their towels and their sheets and their pillowcases and their asses probably soon. 

Did I really just say that?  That they'll both be sporting tattoos in that scroll-ie script they used for all the wedding stuff?

brahahahahaha
avatar
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Doug Ross on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 23:02

Donnamarie wrote:Doug Ross, be optimistic.  Don't think about what might go wrong in the marriage.  They just got married.  Some on this forum do not wish them well, which is really sad.  There is absolutely no reason to think that G&A are not happy.  

I am optimistic, I think they're really happy.
I was just reporting some comments that I read here not the forum. I don't agree with them, of course.

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Posts : 573
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Doug Ross on Sat 11 Oct 2014, 23:20

Doug Ross wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:You go LorneDoone.  I'm laughing my head off as I read your ballsy assessment of the BS that is being put out there by  our certain poster. LizzyNY I'm glad we can relate and Doug Ross I hope you are just being sarcastic.  Right? Of course.  I know you give Georgw more credit than that!  


I do, but some posters here really thinks that about George.
They don't understand that if they split up, George would be probably sad than ashamed.
Splitted up

Sadder

Sorry for the bad grammatic.

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Posts : 573
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by amaretti on Sun 12 Oct 2014, 02:30

George is getting a tattoo . Really . Oh my   His and hers . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2367
Join date : 2012-08-15

Back to top Go down

Re: 5 Reasons George Clooney’s Marriage Will Survive

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum