George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding

+2
Joanna
Nicky80
6 posters

Go down

Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding Empty Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 12:57

From Twitter (einster)

Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding

The newlyweds were happy to pay for extra security

Whilst George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin seemed happy enough to have the paparazzi around whilst they enjoyed married life, it's now emerged that the price of the photos weren't cheap, with the paps being fined hundreds of euros a day by the Venice Police.

E! News reports that photographers who tried to snap a shot of the newlyweds were penalized between $10,000 and $20,000 in boat fines, with several receiving numerous 100 euro fines a day.
And on top of these fines, paps were also charged for posing as taxi drivers in unlicensed boats, speeding, and a host of other offences, bringing up the estimated total from fines to a whopping $30,000 during the mere four days George and Amal were in town.

But it wasn't just the photographers that the police made money from, but George himself, who shelled out thousands of pounds to the force.
The town municipality official, Michela Camozzi confirmed that a total of 2,848 euros were paid to the Venice police for their assistance at the wedding.

"On September 27, two boats, with two agents aboard from the traffic warden police unit's water traffic department took to the waters as a result of the noticeably higher presence of taxis and boats that were travelling to the parties," she explained.

The police were also used to guard Ca' Farsetti, where the registry office wedding ceremony took place, with six traffic wardens used to ban pedestrian access to the area.
So despite the fact that George and Amal loved "sharing their excitement at getting married with the entire world,"as a source told E! News, it seems it was the police who gained the most from their lavish nuptials.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding Empty Re: Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding

Post by Joanna Fri 03 Oct 2014, 14:20

LOL.....Good for George !!

Basketball
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding Empty Re: Venice Police Made Thousands From George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Oct 2014, 14:30

I would think the wedding brought a lot of money into Venice last weekend. Not to mention the free publicity for Venice and the tourism trade. I sure want to go to Venice now, more than ever. Of course, I would be happy if I could just go to Italy. Never been and it''s #1 on my wish list of destinations for travel .
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Oct 2014, 16:18

Donnamarie - Go the first chance you get. Italy is wonderful! I would only say, steer clear of Venice in the hot weather. It looks beautiful all the time, but can get a little smelly when it's hot- :)not to mention super-crowded in the summer.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Oct 2014, 16:43

Thanks LizzyNY. Looks like late September is a really nice time to go. Right?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 03 Oct 2014, 16:58

i would love to go to Venice as well, it just looks so beautifull
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Oct 2014, 17:56

Donnamarie - Late September is perfect! Good luck and enjoy if you go.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Oct 2014, 20:41

LizzyNY wrote:Donnamarie - Go the first chance you get. Italy is wonderful! I would only say, steer clear of Venice in the hot weather. It looks beautiful all the time, but can get a little smelly when it's hot- :)not to mention super-crowded in the summer.

Uh, ditto. Super Smelly and not in a good way.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down