George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed

+20
hm21
Joanna
fava
Picachu
it's me
Katiedot
The next mrs clooney
party animal - not!
annemarie
Doug Ross
PigPen
Donnamarie
Sevens
melbert
fridadereval
theminis
Missa
hathaross
Nicky80
Silje
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed

Post by melbert Sun 05 Oct 2014, 05:36

Well, since you're so hellbent on accusing me of manipulating a picture of which I have absolutely no ability to do, then remove the son-of-a-bitch if everybody is so fucking offended by it.  I didn't even realize it was from the ER episode when Doug and Mark went to deal with Doug's dad's accident that Silje so graciously reminded us of.  Excuse the hell out of me...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed

Post by Nicky80 Sun 05 Oct 2014, 12:59

I think I know where the confusion comes from.

People magazine made an article about George "character love quotes"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Silje opened a thread about this article

And this quote on the pic was there too. Later on the pic Melbert posted showed up online. The media created it and added the Name George Clooney on it. Melbert didn't created it. I saw it too on Twitter but don't remember the souce. It was mixed with all other "exclusive" pics.....

Maybe in future it is best always to provide links for each pic posted to avoid confusion like this.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 05 Oct 2014, 13:07

THANK you Nicky!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 05 Oct 2014, 19:26

Mel - Give Flowers I forgave you as soon as I found out it was a quote from ER, but you did give me a scare for a moment when I thought he was actually gushing over her. Ick!

To everyone getting all bent out of shape over this - relax! It happens

PS - Mel - Your response gave me the best laugh of the day. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 05 Oct 2014, 19:40

Poor Mel, I had no idea I would get you in so much trouble. I just love it when I know the answer to someone's question. Big fan of Trivial Persuit and other quiz games. Smile
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 05 Oct 2014, 20:44

To get back to the thread topic:

I know we already heard a little bit of John Lambros' speech from the wedding, but I hadn't heard this bit at the end that People has today, and I think it's really sweet.

He's won Oscars and nabbed Golden Globes. Heck, he's even taken home the MTV Movie Award for best breakthrough performance in 1996 for From Dusk Till Dawn. So what accolades are up next for George Clooney

Perhaps a Nobel Peace Prize. 

At least that's what his close friend John Lambros predicted, maybe only half-jokingly, for the actor – and his barrister bride, Amal Alamuddin – during a heartfelt speech at the couple's Sept. 27 wedding ceremony

Given their common passion for human rights causes, Lambros said, "Okay, I am projecting, but I am also making that call public tonight … perhaps the first husband-and-wife team to win the [Nobel] Prize for Peace." 

Lambros, who joined three others in delivering speeches during the moving ceremony, also underscored how crucial friendship is to the deeply loyal Clooney. 

Despite his success and global celebrity, "the friend we have known as George for years has not changed as a friend one bit," said Lambros, who joked that the actor is so loyal that 20 years "affords me the friend status of rookie." 

"It is more a function of how deeply, how honestly and how genuinely George both cares for and enjoys the people in his life, and how much he values friendship." 

Toward the end of his speech, Lambros turned to Alamuddin and expressed his gratitude. 

"To say we, George's friends, have been waiting for you, Amal, for a while is another enormous understatement," he said, before quoting from a George Eliot passage. " 'And when a man has seen a woman whom he would have chosen if he had intended to marry speedily, his remaining a bachelor will always depend on her resolution rather than his.' " 

"Amal," said Lambros, "we all thank you for your resolution." 
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 05 Oct 2014, 21:07

Oh, so do I, Missa. It's lovely.

And it's great that they didn't do the obvious 'best man' and 'bridesmaids' thing, isn't it?

Now what shall I do? Downton Abbey or The Descendants on here in the UK

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 18 Oct 2014, 02:24

Ever noticed His Nibs' ring?

An inscription?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]George Clooney's wedding ring (L), and Amal Alamuddin's wedding ring. Credit: Getty Images

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 18 Oct 2014, 09:38; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 18 Oct 2014, 02:42

Maybe she had his ring inscribed with "George" in Arabic as well as (or rather than) cufflinks?  It's a small enough mark that it could be that.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 Empty temp do not post

Post by melbert Sat 18 Oct 2014, 04:47

George  = جورج
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 18 Oct 2014, 10:19

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 14 Nov 2014, 16:54

City A.M.

Life & Style Property
[size=32]The George Clooney effect: Venice's Palazzo Molin del Cuoridoro is a rare medieval masterpiece[/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

by Melissa York
November 14, 2014, 12:54am

The gothic 15th century facade of Palazzo Molin on a waterway - from £870,000

Two months ago, Paris was overshadowed as the romance capital of the world by Venice. This had everything to do with George Clooney, Hollywood’s smoothest eternal bachelor, choosing the city to host his wedding to British human rights barrister Amal Alamuddin. The world’s media swooped on the waterlogged cultural hotspot and it received some priceless publicity as a result. But with a healthy tourist market of over 20m visitors per year, did the event really have much of an impact? 

“There has been a massive Clooney effect,” said Ann-Marie Doyle, head of the Venice office of Sotheby’s International Realty. “It was such a lovely occasion – two people falling in love – and it really showed Venice off as a fantastic city. The guy who runs Ristorante Da Ivo, where George spent the evening before the wedding, told me he’s had so much attention, even people calling him from Shanghai.” 

The Palazzo Molin del Cuoridoro is a 15th century palace with an original Gothic Fiorito facade on the Barcaroli canal that now houses a collection of 18 prime residential apartments. Listed by the Belle Arti to preserve its classic Venetian architecture, the exterior is as stunning as it must have been when Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart stayed there in 1771 (it is thought he took inspiration for the character of Don Giovanni from its eccentric owner Count Franceso Falletti Castelmar). But the inside has been entirely transformed for modern living, featuring marble bathrooms, air conditioning and water taxis on request. 

Strict planning regulations have made the Palazzo Molin something of a rarity in Venice. While there are plenty of historical buildings, it’s not easy to find whole properties to work with that have been completely restored, and there’s a lack of top quality apartments for the international market as a result. It’s not surprising therefore that one third of the homes have sold only two months after completion. These have gone largely to Brits and the French, according to Doyle.

“Being a city, there’s always something going on,” she continues, “it’s only two hours away; and you’re guaranteed to be able to lease it out when you’re not there.” The huge holiday rental market has very few low periods throughout the year and strong yields of around five per cent. And if those figures don’t make you fall in love with the world’s new capital of romance, we don’t know what will.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 20:23; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : remove the jpg links in the body they need to be added insert picture box (were not showing anyway) / Nicky80: added pics and link)

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 14 Nov 2014, 20:15

PigPen if you can provide the link from where you got the article above I can try to add the pictures so that they can be seen. Getty pictures, however, will not be added. Thanks.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 14 Nov 2014, 20:24

I added the none getty pics and link Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 15 Nov 2014, 15:21

Thanks Nicky.  Had copied the link, but it didn't move when I posted.

I forever remain cute as a bug's ear, but copy and paste challenged.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 18:18

Copy the post here to discuss it in the right thread

Donnamarie wrote:Check out this interview with Rande in Canada
Hope I got the link right.  If not Google George.  It's from Global News Canada.

mel01 wrote:In the video Rande didn't deny when the anchorwoman said he was George's best man. So does that mean he really was?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 19 Nov 2014, 18:40

Rande is one of George's best buds.  Was he officially the "best man", we don't know.  I'm sure that Rande was just being politically correct.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 18:53

as I now read your post melbert i just got a lighting in my head. I\'ve got an idea

I think there was an article (somewhere in this thread or in the THE DRESS thread) that the husband from Emily Blunt was George best man. But again it was an article...so, as you said, we never know for sure until George opens up for an Interview and tells it all hehe Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 19 Nov 2014, 18:58

I think if Rande wasn't the best man and someone else was he might have corrected the interviewer out of respect to who might have been the best man. Can't imagine John Krazinski was G's best man. As melbert said Rande may have been polite in not responding to her so as to not get into wedding details with her. Especially if G made a conscious decision not to have an official best man.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 19 Nov 2014, 19:15

It may not have been that kind of wedding ceremony
that needed a "Best Man" as such.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 19 Nov 2014, 19:20

Well here's hoping George and Amal have to good sense to release at least a couple of pictures from inside the ceremony so that we can all see them and who the best man / maid of honor were!

Geesh!  Doesn't he know that ENQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!!!????  brahahahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 19 Nov 2014, 20:03

I'm thinking that there wasn't a best man and maid/matron of honor, as don't they typically sign the marriage certificate as the witnesses?  The only people with George and Amal at the courthouse (?) were the boatman and Gio.  So if say Tala and Rande were their witnesses at the wedding ceremony, they would naturally be the witnesses to the certificate.  Oh, duh, this was the wedding of the century of George and Amal.  Nuff' said.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 20 Nov 2014, 13:18

Well done Mel....I think you cracked it !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 20 Nov 2014, 13:35

He himself told People that there was no best or maid of honor. 
So, I guess Melbert is right.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Sat 22 Nov 2014, 07:46

Doug Ross wrote:He himself told People that there was no best or maid of honor. 
So, I guess Melbert is right.

He did??

Btw, can anybody help with this? I always intended to get at least , maybe 2 copies of the People and Hello wedding issue. Unfortunately i was rally busy in the weeks after the wedding, and surprisingly when i went to buy them, those particular issues were nowhere to be found. Thes issues from weeks before and after were still on sale though, which means that those particular ones sold out fast.
   So sad, cuz i didn't get to see the People and Hello spread and article. Is there anywhere i can view it online?

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 22 Nov 2014, 09:34

We had the article from People and Hello posted here but had to remove it due to copy right issues. Sad

In our Forum you can still find the Pictures from the spanish or italian Version of Hello, see below first link. And the real scans from People and Hello you can find those on Kimbers side. Check out the last two links below. Hope that helps.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Nov 2014, 20:35

Nicky80 wrote:We had the article from People and Hello posted here but had to remove it due to copy right issues. Sad

In our Forum you can still find the Pictures from the spanish or italian Version of Hello, see below first link. And the real scans from People and Hello you can find those on Kimbers side. Check out the last two links below. Hope that helps.

You are SO organised Nicky ! Thumbs up!

Thanks for the link to george-clooney.us as I missed the People coverage
of the wedding. Lovely to read Nick's full speech.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 03 Dec 2014, 15:54

A wedding album now online:
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin’s Wedding: All The ‘I Do’ Details Revealed - Page 3 Empty temp do not post

Post by Donnamarie Wed 03 Dec 2014, 16:15

Thanks Sevens. Popsugar claims some never before seen photos but I could only find one, at least that I hadn't seen. But it's nice to remember what a beautiful wedding it was.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Wed 03 Dec 2014, 17:49

I don´t know if ww hace seen this versions of these photos. There is only one new photo and the other ones seen already but bigger so you can see what or who was surrounding them:

hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 19:38

thanks Hathaross Thumbs up!  I like black & white pics
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 19:47

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3