George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife

+28
playfuldeb
LornaDoone
doris day
Alisonfan
hathaross
amaretti
louisvillelaura
LizzyNY
Atalante
lelacorb
globalchick
Rachel
The next mrs clooney
Katiedot
isogotit
premiere
Donnamarie
/
party animal - not!
Silje
Missa
Sevens
Doug Ross
annemarie
Picachu
Nicky80
Way2Old4Dis
theminis
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife

Post by Katiedot Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:40

I'm going to buck the trend here because I loved that dress (unusually for me - I'm not really a big fan of her style). Was it too short for getting on and off a boat? Maybe, but I can forgive her for not choosing a dress because of a 30-second inconvenience during the entire day.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney and Amal leaving the hotel as man and wife

Post by Missa Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:41

People magazine says that the wedding band on the left/engagement ring on the right is a European tradition.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:45

Missa wrote:People magazine says that the wedding band on the left/engagement ring on the right is a European tradition.

Not in my part of Europe. Both are worn together on the left hand.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:47

I don't think the dress would have blown up . it is a stiff material you can see when she walks. I don't know about European tradition I wear my wedding rings on my left hand. I think she has them that way because the eternity ring won't fit with the engagement ring.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:49

i only did that with my rings when i got my wedding band, at night after all was done i put my engagement ring on next to my wedding band and they have been together ever since, i live in the UK so not sure where in europe they mean
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:50

Missa wrote:People magazine says that the wedding band on the left/engagement ring on the right is a European tradition. 
Ive never heard this before, most people wear them together on the left hand.  She maybe just wanted to show off the wedding band and it would be hard to make it out once the giant rock is with it.  Im sure she'll be wearing them both together soon, maybe after Monday.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 28 Sep 2014, 17:55

I'd never heard of it either. Figured our international posters could judge the accuracy of that story. Smile
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 18:05

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 28 Sep 2014, 18:10

Well not for me...most older couples here dont even wear the rings in daily life...it still feels as a western thing and we dont really need that to mark the love. Instead they may have all sorts of unique love tokens.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 28 Sep 2014, 18:12

I've sometimes seen brides do this on their wedding day and only the wedding day because now it's all about the wedding ring (although more often they'll take the engagement ring off entirely for that day). But then aftwards wedding ring and engagement ring are worn on the same finger (if both are worn - it's the wedding ring that matters now).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 28 Sep 2014, 18:43

more pix and Amal says she feels great

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Step Out as Husband and Wife After Italian Wedding: See the Photos!
Celebrity News Sep. 28, 2014 AT 10:50AM By Madeline Boardman and Omid Scobie

It's Mr. and Mrs. Clooney! George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin stepped out for the first time as husband and wife on Sunday, Sept. 28.

The newlyweds left their wedding night suite at the Aman Hotel in Venice, Italy on Sunday after they exchanged vows in a star-studded ceremony on Saturday. Clooney and Alamuddin emerged for the first time in public as a married couple, waving to fans and onlookers as they boarded a taxi boat, fittingly called the Amore.

Clooney, 53, had his arm around his new wife as they took the boat to the Hotel Cipriani for a celebratory brunch with friends. En route, Alamudddin, 36, told Us Weekly that she felt "great" after her exciting night. Us Weekly's own Omid Scobie was on the scene in Venice throughout the weekend and captured the newlyweds as they sped on the canal.

The British barrister looked gorgeous in a long-sleeved white floral dress with a nipped waist and a voluminous cropped skirt. She shielded her face from the sun in a pair of round sunglasses.

Her husband looked dapper in a well-cut grey suit with a white collared shirt and a patterned tie.

The Clooneys both showed off sparkling new pieces of jewelry, as well. The Monuments Men actor is now sporting a white gold wedding band on his ring finger, while Alamuddin's stunning 7-karat diamond engagement ring was replaced on her hand by a thin diamond wedding band.

Clooney and Alamuddin were married at Venice's Aman Canal Grande by the actor's friend, and former Mayor of Rome, Walter Veltroni. The guest list of famous faces included Matt Damon and his wife Luciana Barroso, Bill Murray, Bono, Anna Wintour, and John Krasinski and Emily Blunt.

"This is the healthiest relationship I've ever seen George in," a source told Us Weekly earlier this year of Clooney, who proposed to Alamuddin this past April. "He seems incredibly happy, and Amal is such a sweet and intelligent girl."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 28 Sep 2014, 18:55

It can be worn separately if the rings don't fit together.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 28 Sep 2014, 19:01

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 28 Sep 2014, 19:35

15 pics in this link. Not sure if we have them ?

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 28 Sep 2014, 19:47

Oh, so sweet. 
I love her weeding ring, it's beautiful.
George's wedding ring looks like Matt's one.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 28 Sep 2014, 19:55

Nice find, Silje:

wedding madness:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:03

My take is that she's acting like a blissed-out bride, which is totally how she should be. It seems like she's taking it all in, and being "in the moment" to keep the memories forever, which is exactly the advice I gave my own daughters on their wedding weekends. Every woman deserves one weekend in her life to feel like a cherished princess.

I also feel like this dress was just not well thought out. She has extremely questionable taste in clothes, imo.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:04

Katie, I can't see your pics. Not sure if it's only me. Otherwise i can repost them in your post. anyone else can't see the pics?
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:10

I can't either. No idea why not. If you edit my post you can see that I've posted pics . . .

Sigh. Technology. I'm going to bed now.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:11

I can't see them either.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:12

A lot of people have worked hard to find pics and videos and edit post this weekend. Thanks to everyone.

cheers

Has anyone else noticed that someone is spamming twitter with some weird message in Italian about trafficking ( I think, don't speak Italian). Both yesterday and today when I search for George Clooney there are tons of these messages coming up, which slows down my search.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:14

Missa wrote: rivista People dice che la fede nuziale sul ring di sinistra / di fidanzamento a destra è una tradizione europea.
In Italy the engagement ring goes left ring before the wedding then often if the ring is importamte moves to the right so as not to hide the wedding ring.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:14

Well is she going to reopen her facebookaccount now as a GROWN women ???
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:22

I would think she would keep the facebook closed it is just asking for trouble . Too many people who would want to say nasty negative things why even bother. If any one wants to reach her I'm sure they can.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:30

Just wanted to add my thanks to everyone who posted pictures and videos. You did an amazing job! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:31

Katiedot wrote:I can't either.  No idea why not.  If you edit my post you can see that I've posted pics . . .

Sigh.  Technology.  I'm going to bed now.

I edit it with the pics. Hope it is ok so
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:35

Do we have this?

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:45

Nicky80 wrote:
Katiedot wrote:I can't either.  No idea why not.  If you edit my post you can see that I've posted pics . . .

Sigh.  Technology.  I'm going to bed now.

I edit it with the pics. Hope it is ok so

Looks fine. Good job Nicky. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 28 Sep 2014, 20:45

Her dress is by Giambattista Valli.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura Sun 28 Sep 2014, 21:14

I love the dress - I think it would look better as a sleevless on her - the arms with all the lace are a bit overwhelming for her petit figure.  They MUST be exhaused.  I just did 2 hours for my 7 year old's birthday party and am WIPED.  Can't imagine how tired they must be.  They look great though.  Just loose the sleeves on the dress then I want one Smile

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 28 Sep 2014, 21:19

I wondered about the sleeves too; maybe it's chilly in Venice? Lord knows she doesn't have an ounce of fat on her to keep insulated. Wink
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 28 Sep 2014, 21:36

Like this pic for some reason

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 21:42; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added pic)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sun 28 Sep 2014, 21:38

Sevens wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Do we have this?

It's a video not just pic
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 21:44

Ok thanks sevens, sorry didn't see that, it would help in future when you guys post instagram Links and it is a Video to mention it in the post and not post only the link as I do not see it so quick this would help. Thanks
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:08

She looks lovely .  Beautiful dress.  Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:30

Thank you to everyone with all those videos and photos.

I couldn´t see almost anything in all day (busy weekend) so now I´ll start to catch up with everything. Too much time, too many photos..... I don´t know If I will be able to save everything but I hope so. 

They look so sooooo good. SO much in love. I´m very emotional. George looks happier that ever!!!! That makes me feel so happy. Oh god... he is marry!!! Groege finally is a mrried man!! I have to take time to assume that now.

God bless the happy couple cheers
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:34

Thank you everyone for all the photos and videos and articles of the wedding.
You guys are terrific.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:43

She is a lovely looking woman, in my opinion in ALL her pictures.

She has just married a man in his 50's.  I think the length of her dress was badly thought out. Far too short at the front esp as George is dressed so formally.

With her prestigious background this dress (at the front) is wrong.  
I think maybe she had it taken up to a higher length just like the McQueen, which was also tailored for her.  A fabulous dress ruined for what purpose, to look younger than 36 when the man you love is over 50 WHY?

You can have good legs, and good taste.  Way too hight

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Sun 28 Sep 2014, 23:08

so now where are they? another dinner?

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 28 Sep 2014, 23:12

Not loving the dress.  Would have preferred less leg - more symmetrical hemline would have been better.

But the lace / floral is okay.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 23:13

doris day wrote:so now where are they? another dinner?

yes see it here. But no pics of them (yet)

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Sep 2014, 00:16

They're all having dinner in the Granaries of the Republics. Massive building of banquet like proportions - but part of the Cipriani Hotel

Don't know if this is allowed or allowed here

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 29 Sep 2014, 00:22

Have a feeling they're going to leave this event tonight's pix for charity deal as well..........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by doris day Mon 29 Sep 2014, 00:32

thsnks everybody for this great coverage!!!

doris day
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 29 Sep 2014, 00:39

Wow.. too many photos. I´m overwhelmed. Somebody is saving ALL of them? by categories, moments, days...?

Im trying but I´m not with my usual computer and it´s getting difficult. (I´m saying in case when those days pass, those somebodys don´t mind to share the file (although I guess it will be a huge file)
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 29 Sep 2014, 01:07

PAN - That newzcard.com site is phenomenal! How did you ever find it? It could take hours to go through all those great pics. Thank you! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 29 Sep 2014, 01:26

I think the dress is fug! I like the lace, I like the roses on it. I dont like the style and how short it is. One good wind and  . . .
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by fridadereval Mon 29 Sep 2014, 02:00

The dress is Giambatista Valli haute couture spring 2014

Very pretty and feminine lace. I love the top part of the dress and though Amal has the legs to pull it off and then some, I find her choice of hemlines for both this and the Macqueen dress a little too much ( or rather not enough)

So to satisfy my conservative taste, I am enjoying the head shots pictures. They really look so good together!

fridadereval
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 29 Sep 2014, 02:46

more videos:

Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 29 Sep 2014, 09:05

NEWS/ George Clooney & Amal Alamuddin Look So Happy as a Married Couple After Wedding—See Pics!
by CORINNE HELLER Sun., Sep. 28, 2014 8:12 AM PDT
Introducing Mr. and Mrs. Clooney!
George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin could not look happier as they made their first public appearance as husband and wife on Sunday, a day after they tied the knot in a lavish hotel in Venice, Italy, in front of family and friends, including celebrities such as Matt Damon, Bill Murray and Bono (check out details).
The newlyweds were photographed leaving the Aman Canal Grande and standing on a pier while holding hands and smiling. Alamuddin wore a boatneck, long sleeve white Giambattista Valli Couture mini dress with colorful floral accents and a flared skirt as well as her wedding ring, which appears to be a slim, diamond eternity band.

The 53-year-old Oscar-winning actor and his bride, a 36-year-old British-Lebanese human rights lawyer, left the hotel in a boat on the Grand Canal, the same way he and many of the guests had arrived at the wedding. Ever the gentleman, Clooney allowed his wife to board first. They then smiled and posed for the armada of paparazzi. Alamuddin turned back to the hotel staff and waved goodbye and they waved back enthusiastically.
The wedding has attracted scores of photographers, tourists and curious locals, hoping to catch a glimpse of the man who used to be one of Hollywood's most sought-after bachelors and his ladylove.
"The crowds waiting cheered and it was so cute!" an onlooker told E! News. "Everyone in Venice feels so privileged they did this here. What a wonderful moment to see. We all say she's like Jackie [Kennedy] Onassis. We love her and George does too. It's lovely."
A beaming Clooney draped his arm around Alamuddin as they traveled to the equally as luxurious Hotel Cipriani, located about 10 minutes away down the canal, to continue celebrating with their loved ones. The two were escorted by two police boats as an armada of paparazzi followed. Sirens wailed and a helicopter buzzed overhead.
George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin
ANDREAS SOLARO/AFP/Getty Images
"George and Amal could NOT have been happier," another onlooker told E! News. "They were smiling and hugging and he helped her in and out of the boat like a true gentleman. They are clearly on top of the world and are just thrilled to be enjoying their wedding weekend."
"He held her hand at one point during the journey to the Cipriani Hotel and it looked as if he was asking her if she was alright and not intimidated by all the paparazzi boats," the person added. "She shook her head and was obviously loving sharing their excitement at getting married with the entire world."
The couple's wedding ceremony was symbolic. The two plan to make their marriage official after the weekend.
Clooney often spends time in Italy, as he has a villa overlooking Lake Como, located about three hours away from Venice.
"On behalf of myself, the local authorities and all the citizens of Laglio, we would like to wish Mr. George Clooney and his wife all the very best and all the happiness in the world," Roberto Pozzi, mayor of nearby Laglio, said in a telephone interview. "We have been very close to them with our thoughts in this very special moment and look forward to receiving them back here in Laglio, where we look forward to give them our best wishes, together with a wedding present, in person."
—Reporting by Senta Scarborough, Jen Paul and Ken Baker
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next