Log in

I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Einstein on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 15:34

it's me wrote:"L'amour a ses raisons" Very Happy I love you
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
avatar
Einstein
Clooney-phile

Posts : 711
Join date : 2013-10-05

Back to top Go down

So, is this real love we're seeing?

Post by iamnoone on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 23:17

LMAO Einstein! Love that photo of George Clooney!

iamnoone
Learning to love George Clooney

Posts : 248
Join date : 2011-03-02

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Katiedot on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 03:45

Thinking about this some more, I think the reason I'm having problems with believing in this relationship is that it's too pat: it's all too perfect and too sudden.

Had they got engaged next April, then it'd be believable but we're supposed to believe that he did a complete 180 in terms of the type of woman he likes to be with and within six months got engaged to someone he's barely spent much time with? He's gone from being the poster child for ultra secrative who's-that-woman-standing-next-to-me-gosh-is-that-my-girlfriend to Mr wears-his-heart-on-a-sleeve-shout-it-from-the-podium-tops? It's not him. And all this with a woman who's radically different from any woman he's dated (and we're supposed to believe cared for, otherwise why were they together for so long) in the past 15+ years, who ,on paper, is exactly the perfect wife material.
avatar
Katiedot
Admin

Posts : 13224
Join date : 2010-12-05

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Missa on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 03:54

The timeline does make it a little suspect, but I can't be the only one who thinks they met earlier than the official story suggests? Both he and Stacy have been so adamant that they didn't start new relationships until the fall of last year, and yet both are already engaged/married, it just strengthens my belief that they were done for months prior to their official announcement. And this relationship has been going on for longer than he can admit without looking like a cheater. He's already strayed from the official "met at a charity event in London" by admitting they met in Italy. Who knows how many other holes there are in that story?
avatar
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1838
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Donnamarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 04:14

I'll go out on a limb and contradict myself a bit. We really don't know anything about the dynamics of their relationship. We don't even know if she did in fact turn him down twice before agreeing to go out with him. All hearsay. Anyway, I just feel that George started to have that ah ha moment that dating woman after woman, going through the dance of getting to know them, dating them, realizing that they don't have much in commen with him, getting bored, time to breakup, was all getting to him. Tired of this. I'm over 50, most of my friends are married, I'm still having casual relationships with women I don't take seriously. Then he meets Amal. From what people who know her say she is charismatic, has a great sense of humor, doesn't take herself too seriously and on top of that she's beautiful and smart. I could see the attraction. And I could definitely see him looking at her differently. Now maybe he considered her a challenge. If I can win her over what a catch she would be. She's a serious woman. I have to take her seriously. And I can actually have a stimulating conversation with her. I can definitely see it. I want her to be the love of his life. But I do worry. They have very demanding lives. It will take hard work on both of their parts to make this work. I have an ordinary life with my husband but it is at times very challenging to keep our marriage working as it should. I''ve gone on way too long. Sorry!
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4701
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Donnamarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 04:44

As far as when they met I could have sworn when Nina was reacting to the engagement when interviewed in April she said that we've known her almost a year. I thought that was stretch for her to say that if George just met her last September. And didn't go out with her until October. That response by her really baffled me. I'm still not convinced of this story that they met at a charity event and she turned down his advances. The problem with all of this is George will simply not share what's going on in his fricking personal life with all of us who are dying to know!
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4701
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by justpassinthrough on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 05:13

Donnamarie wrote:As far as when they met I could have sworn when Nina was reacting to the engagement when interviewed in April she said that we've known her almost a year.  I thought that was stretch for her to say that if George just met her last September.  And didn't go out with her until October.  That response by her really baffled me.  I'm still not convinced of this story that they met at a charity event and she turned down his advances.  The problem with all of this is George will simply not share what's going on in his fricking personal life with all of us who are dying to know!
Keep in mind that Stan is an "old-time" publicist, so he has been around since the days when publicists were image-makers and not just trying to garner publicity for their clients.  George has stayed with Stan for so long for a reason.  Bottom line: We know what  George wants us to know.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Posts : 131
Join date : 2013-12-26

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Picachu on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 06:06

I was sure there was a picture of them in a taxi in London last summer around the time of whats her face in that nightclub story or certainly not long after that but they where going out for a meal and to me that looked like a first outing in public so i would assume they had been secretly dating prior to that hence new mum in law knowing er for a while
avatar
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Posts : 628
Join date : 2012-12-01

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by sparkie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 10:10

Love ???? Real love no. Let's put this in perspective shall we.

George goes to Italy every year, every two the three years rumours start about a new girlfriend then we start getting 'sneaky pap photo's'. Time line August -October. Total make over clothes, hair etc. And then the all important Red Carpet moment. Does this sound familiar to anyone at all.
Take another look at the photo of them kissing, what ever is going on with George and Amal it is not real true deep love.
avatar
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 390
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Down Under

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by jusquatoi2014 on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 11:18

I tend to believe it is real love between them. What we see in GC before and now are all him and there is not really a 180 turn. Based on experience dating two Taurus men (not simultaneously of course) for over 15 years in total, I believe GC will not trade his personal happiness for a political career or any other agenda that's been suggested in media, and he is certainly not a person to be pushed to do anything (but of course a Taurus can be lured to do things and sometimes it is not that difficult Smile).  I believe he is getting married because HE happily wants to, and I can see things in Amal that may have been very attractive to him.

jusquatoi2014
Clooney virgin

Posts : 33
Join date : 2014-05-05

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 11:28

I think it is real love George would never get married if it weren't. He is just like any other man no different he met the one and decided it was time for marriage. George over time has changed. He has said himself he should have never said never to marriage it was a stupid thing to say. The thing I remember is nick saying in an interview that the special woman would come a long and basically he would marry. Dad definitely knew best in this case.

annemarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5299
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Alisonfan on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 11:37

Katiedot wrote:Thinking about this some more, I think the reason I'm having problems with believing in this relationship is that it's too pat: it's all too perfect and too sudden.  

Had they got engaged next April, then it'd be believable but we're supposed to believe that he did a complete 180 in terms of the type of woman he likes to be with and within six months got engaged to someone he's barely spent much time with?  He's gone from being the poster child for ultra secrative who's-that-woman-standing-next-to-me-gosh-is-that-my-girlfriend to Mr wears-his-heart-on-a-sleeve-shout-it-from-the-podium-tops?  It's not him.  And all this with a woman who's radically different from any woman he's dated (and we're supposed to believe cared for, otherwise why were they together for so long) in the past 15+ years, who ,on paper, is exactly the perfect wife material.



Katie, nail on the head, "too pat".

The time line changing is weird, why mention meeting in Italy?  Either way a lie/fib was told, why?.  To mislead, why?

I do think he may feel this is his last chance of finding someone who will (try) and equal Angelina.  He just wants it ALL.  Love, I think is secondary to how things look in People magazine.  I think he is clever enough to know a political career is a non-starter.  Maybe if he had stayed with Talia, worked at his career AND his marriage, showing a commitment to both, things might have been different, and politics would have welcomed  him.  It's too late now. Again he wanted it ALL.

Is this real love?  Not the kind that keeps you warm at night, but the kind that looks spectacular on the red carpet, COH, and in People Magazine.  To each their own.

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Posts : 781
Join date : 2014-03-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 11:55

Well, according to people from her chambers, it all really did take off seriously around  the Berners Tavern time......and I could believe that.

Remember that His Nibs was ultra busy with MM for most of last summer - it would be entirely possible for his parents to have met her before then in the States.  Remember Charlie Rose saying he'd met her at the Aspen conference?

If Italy, two possibilities I know of (and there must be plenty more I don't!) Kofi Annan lives on the Lake, and so does the son of Rafiq Hariri.......

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8899
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Sevens on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:01

I dont think Agelina is sort of angel...she used to use drugs, and have strange relationship with her brother and she is a home wrecker. Why would George want some woman to eaqual her? Angelina's career benefited from her relationship with Brad, but George has built all the achievements on his own.
avatar
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3081
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Sevens on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:05

What's the Berners Tavern time, pan? Didn't really follow his private life last year, thanks.
avatar
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3081
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by phys major on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:26

Missa wrote:The timeline does make it a little suspect, but I can't be the only one who thinks they met earlier than the official story suggests? Both he and Stacy have been so adamant that they didn't start new relationships until the fall of last year, and yet both are already engaged/married, it just strengthens my belief that they were done for months prior to their official announcement. And this relationship has been going on for longer than he can admit without looking like a cheater. He's already strayed from the official "met at a charity event in London" by admitting they met in Italy. Who knows how many other holes there are in that story?

You are very WRONG in your assumption he has known her any longer than was stated in the beginning, George did not meet her in Italy, it was in London where Baria and AA stalked him at several charity events before George took notice  (believe what you want but George has time and time again  proven he is a liar)


Katie on the other hand is right on the mark with hers!!! cheers


Last edited by phys major on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:28; edited 1 time in total
avatar
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:27

Sevens, there are lots of pix of His Nibs and Amal in a cab in London (with others from the chambers) around October 24(?). The restaurant they were in was Berners Tavern (it's great). This was at the time when t he press was also floating other names eg Katie Holmes - because he said hello to her on a red carpet (!?) and Monika Jakisic who just happened to be around LouLou's in London when he came out of there in May and then wrote the odd tweet implying some stuff cos she'd known him a while ago........

At the time it was said that the Tavern meeting was all about the possibility of of may extending SSP's brief to cover Syria..........

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8899
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Missa on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:29

Physmajor,
Thank you for setting me straight with your typical abundance of evidence for your certainty. I'm clearly in the wrong.
avatar
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Posts : 1838
Join date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:32

Ah, hang on tho, Phys. He said they met in Italy. He didn't say they FIRST met in Italy..........

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8899
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by phys major on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:35

Sure No Problem, but just to put your mind at ease so are others on this board..It seems you have no  Evidence Nor others and that doesn't keep any of you from voicing your inaccuracies..


Last edited by phys major on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:37; edited 1 time in total
avatar
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by phys major on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:36

Alisonfan wrote:
Katiedot wrote:Thinking about this some more, I think the reason I'm having problems with believing in this relationship is that it's too pat: it's all too perfect and too sudden.  

Had they got engaged next April, then it'd be believable but we're supposed to believe that he did a complete 180 in terms of the type of woman he likes to be with and within six months got engaged to someone he's barely spent much time with?  He's gone from being the poster child for ultra secrative who's-that-woman-standing-next-to-me-gosh-is-that-my-girlfriend to Mr wears-his-heart-on-a-sleeve-shout-it-from-the-podium-tops?  It's not him.  And all this with a woman who's radically different from any woman he's dated (and we're supposed to believe cared for, otherwise why were they together for so long) in the past 15+ years, who ,on paper, is exactly the perfect wife material.



Katie, nail on the head, "too pat".

The time line changing is weird, why mention meeting in Italy?  Either way a lie/fib was told, why?.  To mislead, why?

I do think he may feel this is his last chance of finding someone who will (try) and equal Angelina.  He just wants it ALL.  Love, I think is secondary to how things look in People magazine.  I think he is clever enough to know a political career is a non-starter.  Maybe if he had stayed with Talia, worked at his career AND his marriage, showing a commitment to both, things might have been different, and politics would have welcomed  him.  It's too late now. Again he wanted it ALL.

Is this real love?  Not the kind that keeps you warm at night, but the kind that looks spectacular on the red carpet, COH, and in People Magazine.  To each their own.
Tell it like it is !!!!
avatar
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by phys major on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:38

Like I said believe what you want!
avatar
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1010
Join date : 2011-10-12

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Sevens on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:46

party animal - not! wrote:Sevens, there are lots of pix of His Nibs and Amal in a cab in London (with others from the chambers) around October 24(?). The restaurant they were in was Berners Tavern (it's great). This was at the time when t he press was also floating other names eg Katie Holmes - because he said hello to her on a red carpet (!?) and Monika Jakisic who just happened to be around LouLou's in London when he came out of there in May and then wrote the odd tweet implying some stuff cos she'd known him a while ago........

At the time it was said that the Tavern meeting was all about the possibility of of may extending SSP's brief to cover Syria..........
Thanks. I knew that event as it was their first public outing. Maybe they didn't start serious relationship until then.
avatar
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3081
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by fava on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 12:55

justpassinthrough wrote:
Donnamarie wrote:As far as when they met I could have sworn when Nina was reacting to the engagement when interviewed in April she said that we've known her almost a year.  I thought that was stretch for her to say that if George just met her last September.  And didn't go out with her until October.  That response by her really baffled me.  I'm still not convinced of this story that they met at a charity event and she turned down his advances.  The problem with all of this is George will simply not share what's going on in his fricking personal life with all of us who are dying to know!
Keep in mind that Stan is an "old-time" publicist, so he has been around since the days when publicists were image-makers and not just trying to garner publicity for their clients.  George has stayed with Stan for so long for a reason.  Bottom line: We know what  George wants us to know.

I believe the story that they met in London at a charity event and she turned him down twice was not from them or their reps?  May not be true, just gossip.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:00

I don't get the problem some have, George is a man no different then any other. They all change their minds and say dumb things like I will never marry again. In George's case it was simply never say never. As for why now he met someone who fit what he knew he wanted in his life. Timing in life is everything this happened when it happened because it was supposed to.
Nick met Nina and knew she was the one they were quickly engaged simply because that is what was meant to be. And they have lasted more than 50 years. Love can happen when we least expect it or are looking for it I'm proof of that myself.


Last edited by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:05; edited 2 times in total

annemarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5299
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by fava on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:00

Sevens wrote:I dont think Agelina is sort of angel...she used to use drugs, and have strange relationship with her brother and she is a home wrecker. Why would George want some woman to eaqual her? Angelina's career benefited from her relationship with Brad, but George has built all the achievements on his own.

I think Angelina's career benefited from her charity work and a turn toward more serious pursuits--in her work and outside it.  Brad brought a lot of attention, but if she was wearing his blood in a vial and making out in public, people would still be grossed out.  She changed--kudos to her.  I admire her reinventing herself, still not a fan though......

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by sparkie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:03

Sevens, I am not a champion of Angelina but she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 2000,  and was well known long before Brad.
avatar
sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Posts : 390
Join date : 2012-12-19
Location : Down Under

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by fava on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:10

annemarie wrote:I don't get the problem some have, George is a man no different then any other. They all change their minds and say dumb things like I will never marry again. In George's case it was simply never say never. As for why now he met someone who fit what he knew he wanted in his life. Timing in life is everything this happened when it happened because it was supposed to.

Exactly.  "True love" is all about timing.  The same person you marry and even truly love for the rest of your life may not have been your true love if you met at the wrong point in your life. Disagree that it was "supposed to" though.  I don't believe in fate or destiny.  Too much luck and coincidence involved in our choices.

Bottom line for me is that George has taken a loooong time to grow up. To become a mensch. For me it started with taking on humanitarian projects.  Took longer to grow in his romantic relationships with women--and only time will tell if he is really up for this committment.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Posts : 1187
Join date : 2011-02-24

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Sevens on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:17

sparkie wrote:Sevens, I am not a champion of Angelina but she won the Best Supporting Actress Oscar in 2000,  and was well known long before Brad.
Yeah a lot of actresses won Best Supporting Actress but it's her private life that has made her more powerful in the business and more famous in a unique way worldwide. Brad was universally famous long before her.
avatar
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Posts : 3081
Join date : 2014-02-26
Location : Xi'an, China

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:18

Yes Fava, exactly he changed and grew up got older. I think dating the women he dated brought him to where he knew what he wanted and was ready to have in his life.

annemarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5299
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by it's me on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 13:19

annemarie wrote:I think it is real love George would never get married if it weren't. He is just like any other man no different he met the one and decided it was time for marriage. George over time has changed. He has said himself he should have never said never to marriage it was a stupid thing to say.

The thing I remember is nick saying in an interview that the special woman would come a long and basically he would marry. Dad definitely knew best in this case.


yes! the socks thing! funny Very Happy
avatar
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Posts : 17204
Join date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Donnamarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 14:13

I know we're all George fans here. But I definitely see George differently than some of you do. I don't think he is a liar or manipulative to further his career. I don't think he loses sleep at night to come up with ways to polish his public persona. If I felt he was a man like that I wouldn't like him and would have no interest in him even if he is handsome and charming. I do think he protects his privacy as much as he can but doesn't always succeed. He is definitely flawed. Doesn't always make the right decisions but who hasn't. But I do not think he would marry this woman if he wasn't truly in love with her but just for convenience and to somehow legitimize himself to further his career. I think his respect for his mom and dad and how they've led their life together has been a model for George who may have thought many times he couldn't live up to.I don't think he would cheat on Stacey or any woman. I think he is monogamous. I think the man has finally grown up, matured to the point to where he has found someone he wants to commit himself to.
avatar
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Posts : 4701
Join date : 2014-08-26
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by LizzyNY on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 14:27

fava wrote:



Bottom line for me is that George has taken a loooong time to grow up. To become a mensch. For me it started with taking on humanitarian projects.  Took longer to grow in his romantic relationships with women--and only time will tell if he is really up for this committment.
I think he's going to do whatever it takes to make this work. I'm not sure if she is truly the love of his life - he might be infatuated with her, in love with the idea of her being in love with him, or just in love with "being in love". It might even be as calculated as some posters think it is. I don't know.

 Whatever it is, I think he has more invested in this relationship than she does - and much more to lose if it doesn't work out.
avatar
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4778
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by LornaDoone on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 14:42

George is in his 50s and doesn't want to be alone for the rest of his life, so George will get married.

George is facing some *issues* that have yet to come to any clear conclusion so George will get married.

Amal isn't a gal to fuck and walk away from so since she's better for his image than any of his recent ex girlfriends, George will get married.

The only thing that would stop this marriage from happening is if Amal decides to walk away and since that ain't gonna happen George will get married.
avatar
LornaDoone
Moderator

Posts : 6694
Join date : 2011-01-06

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by LizzyNY on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 14:51

Lorna - Agree with everything you said, but I'm curious. What are the *issues* that haven't come to a clear conclusion?
avatar
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4778
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 15:11

Donnamarie wrote:I know we're all George fans here.  But I definitely see George differently than some of you do.  I don't think he is a liar or manipulative to further his career.  I don't think he loses sleep at night  to come up with ways to polish his public persona.  If I felt he was a man like that I wouldn't like him and would have no interest in him even if he is handsome and charming.   I do think he protects his privacy as much as he can but doesn't always succeed.  He is definitely flawed. Doesn't always make the right decisions but who hasn't.  But  I do not think he would marry this woman if he wasn't truly in love with her but just for convenience and to somehow legitimize himself to further his career.  I think his respect for his mom and dad and how they've led their life together has been a model for George who may have thought many times he couldn't live up to.I don't think he would cheat on Stacey or any woman.  I think he is monogamous. I think the man has finally grown up, matured to the point to where he has found someone he wants to commit himself to.

Totally agree.

annemarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5299
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Doug Ross on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 15:41

it's me wrote:
annemarie wrote:I think it is real love George would never get married if it weren't. He is just like any other man no different he met the one and decided it was time for marriage. George over time has changed. He has said himself he should have never said never to marriage it was a stupid thing to say.

The thing I remember is nick saying in an interview that the special woman would come a long and basically he would marry. Dad definitely knew best in this case.


yes! the socks thing! funny Very Happy
??

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Posts : 583
Join date : 2012-03-23

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by PigPen on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 15:47

sparkie wrote:Love ???? Real love no. Let's put this in perspective shall we.

George goes to Italy every year, every two the three years rumours start about a new girlfriend then we start getting 'sneaky pap photo's'. Time line August -October. Total make over clothes, hair etc. And then the all important Red Carpet moment. Does this sound familiar to anyone at all.
Take another look at the photo of them kissing, what ever is going on with George and Amal it is not real true deep love.
Total make over...sound quite familiar.  Posted on another thread thought she looked better before the blown out hair, etc.

PigPen
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by PigPen on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 15:58

Hey gang.... having a brain cramp.  Does anyone recall on which thread there were comments about his Nibbs living /spending more time in England after the wedding?  I 've wracked what's left of my brain, and come up empty.  I know there were comments from Nicky and Lizzy to name a few.  Thanks

PigPen
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by LizzyNY on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:01

Sparkie - Yes, the timeline does sound familiar. But how you  can say it isn't true love from a picture of a kiss is beyond me. What would a "true love" kiss look like?

PigPen - I think there have been comments about him living in England on more than one thread. Don't remember specifically which ones.
avatar
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4778
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:04

I think the kiss was a quick peck not a full on kiss.

annemarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5299
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:06

She had her hair done to go to a big event what was she supposed to do go with flat hair and no makeup. She looked elegant and appropriate for the occasion. As for a total make over has anyone seen any pictures of her at any other very formal events, to know what she looks like? I know I haven't seen any other than the wedding they attended.


Last edited by annemarie on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:12; edited 2 times in total

annemarie
Happy Clooney-looney!

Posts : 5299
Join date : 2011-09-11

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by party animal - not! on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:08

PigPen - wedding thread - 'Movie Star moving to England' or something like that, I think

party animal - not!
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Posts : 8899
Join date : 2012-02-16

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by catwoman on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 16:51

I don't think there is love. I can't see emotion in the eyes of George when he is with her. The kisses are cold. Maybe she's in love with him, or maybe just be dazzled in dating a Hollywood actor .In fact, although I like George, I've always found he weird about loving relationship. Never really saw emotion in him when he was with his ex-girlfriends and Amal  is the same thing. Maybe there's something behind that will benefit both parties, maybe he's tired of being single, although I find it strange that he changed his mind so suddenly. Anyway, I think time will tell.
avatar
catwoman
Clooney Addict

Posts : 181
Join date : 2014-01-31
Location : Brasil

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by jd68 on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 17:08

It was reported that thet met in London but this never came of George or Stan's mouth. It could simply be that they met in Italy but nothing happened until several months later in London. Sometimes the simplest, although boring, answer is the correct one.

I don't think Amal's style has changed. The pic of her blowout that many are pointing out was after she had her hair done. Let's not forget the pic of her walking around Como without any makeup.
avatar
jd68
Clooney Addict

Posts : 185
Join date : 2013-09-25
Location : Rome, Italy

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by PigPen on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 17:43

LizzyNY wrote:
fava wrote:



Bottom line for me is that George has taken a loooong time to grow up. To become a mensch. For me it started with taking on humanitarian projects.  Took longer to grow in his romantic relationships with women--and only time will tell if he is really up for this committment.
I think he's going to do whatever it takes to make this work. I'm not sure if she is truly the love of his life - he might be infatuated with her, in love with the idea of her being in love with him, or just in love with "being in love". It might even be as calculated as some posters think it is. I don't know.

 Whatever it is, I think he has more invested in this relationship than she does - and much more to lose if it doesn't work out.
  Yeah, like how they both acted like adolescents, or immature adults.    And it made him look like a bigger fool.  I promise not to comment on this again   floggingadeadhorse
                                      

It isn't a display of love,  it's just a display PERIOD.  excuse me while I grab a Compazine ( anti nausea medication)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by LizzyNY on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 17:52

PigPen - If this nonsense is driving you to drugs it's time to go outside and enjoy reality. It's a beautiful day here - hope it is where you are, too - so go enjoy it! flower

George and his love life - real or imagined, with or without further pda - will still be here when you get back. Very Happy
avatar
LizzyNY
Clooneyfied!

Posts : 4778
Join date : 2013-08-28
Location : NY, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:49

You know, I think they both want it to be love, and sometimes that's all that's needed. But, besides it being too pat, as someone perfectly stated, it has way too much of a 'The Bachelor' vibe to it for me. I hope that after the extended vacation, the exotic trips, the lavish dinners, and celebrity galas, they don't one day a year or two from now look at each other over stacks of legal briefs and screenplays and conflicting schedules and go, "Who are you and what the fuck did I do?"

Way2Old4Dis
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Posts : 2324
Join date : 2012-06-25

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by PigPen on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:55

LizzyNY wrote:PigPen - If this nonsense is driving you to drugs it's time to go outside and enjoy reality. It's a beautiful day here - hope it is where you are, too - so go enjoy it! flower

George and his love life - real or imagined, with or without further pda - will still be here when you get back. Very Happy
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

PigPen
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by PigPen on Mon 15 Sep 2014, 18:57

Way2Old4Dis wrote:You know, I think they both want it to be love, and sometimes that's all that's needed. But, besides it being too pat, as someone perfectly stated, it has way too much of a 'The Bachelor' vibe to it for me. I hope that after the extended vacation, the exotic trips, the lavish dinners, and celebrity galas, they don't one day a year or two from now look at each other over stacks of legal briefs and screenplays and conflicting schedules and go, "Who are you and what the fuck did I do?"
aaaaaaaaaaaahhh.  Eloquently said.  Can always count on you Way2.

PigPen
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Posts : 2136
Join date : 2014-05-20

Back to top Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum