I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: So, is this real love we're seeing? Or just a publicity stunt?

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 19:25

Yeah, all big weddings are productions. Anybody who has planned one will agree.

It's all a bit much for somebody like me, or most of us, but why begrudge it for somebody for whom it isn't? Somebody who is worth more than $200M isn't going to have the same shindig as a guy who pulls in $60K and benefits.

A friend of mine has been bugging me so much about the "extravagance" of it all, and comparing George and Amal's weekend to Brad and Angelina's wedding. I had to remind her that Brad and Angelina's simple little homey wedding took place on their massive estate in France, at a private chapel on the property, with the bride in a custom-made designer gown, and the guests drinking wine from the private vineyard. So, you know, everything's kinda relative.

Way2Old4Dis
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 20:11

Ok, I've merged the two 'contentious' threads together as we seem to be covering the same ground in both. Hope I haven't confused anyone.
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 20:27

Cece42 wrote:I don't think Amal wants the marriage to end either, she is loving the limelight and doesn't want to be known as the one he married and couldn't hold onto him.
Does anyone go into a marriage wanting it to end??
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 20:28

Cece42 wrote:I don't think Amal wants the marriage to end either, she is loving the limelight and doesn't want to be known as the one he married and couldn't hold onto him.
Does anyone go into a marriage wanting it to end??
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MeganMorris on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 20:39

Way2Old4Dis wrote:Yeah, all big weddings are productions. Anybody who has planned one will agree.

It's all a bit much for somebody like me, or most of us, but why begrudge it for somebody for whom it isn't? Somebody who is worth more than $200M isn't going to have the same shindig as a guy who pulls in $60K and benefits.

A friend of mine has been bugging me so much about the "extravagance" of it all, and comparing George and Amal's weekend to Brad and Angelina's wedding. I had to remind her that Brad and Angelina's simple little homey wedding took place on their massive estate in France, at a private chapel on the property, with the bride in a custom-made designer gown, and the guests drinking wine from the private vineyard. So, you know, everything's kinda relative.

My problem with George wedding isn't how much it costs, he has money that he earn with his work and should be able to spend it the away he chooses.

Of course his wedding was much more expensive than Angelina and Pitt, the most expensive on their wedding was the dress and wedding rings, everything else was from their state, food and wine and they only had 22 people there, close relatives and a few very close friends.

My problem with George wedding was the public spectacle of it  and how he shared every detail with the press even before it happen. He could have had the same big wedding without public spectacle.

He could have have the big wedding, even bigger, shared a few photos with the fans without turning it into a Kim and Kanye wedding. It's sad to me to see George like this. His wedding has become more public and publicity hungry  than Kim and Kanye.

It sadness me, but I still love him and wish him the best.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MeganMorris
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 20:52

This thread is totally a joke. Bad one.
They'll spend the rest of their life together. Period.
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 21:31

Anyone who thinks this wedding is like the Kartrashians wedding obviously never saw the KK spectacle, and to make out George is like KK is disgusting.  The only thing George ever said about the wedding was that it was in Venice, end of story!!  Absolutely disgusted by the comparison!!
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 21:37

Thanks you Sevens. I only want the best for them. For those soooo critical of him are you still Clooney fans? The negative comments I've read here do not sound like people who have much respect or admiration for this man. You've been let down by him. He didn't behave the way you wanted him to. I think if he read these comments his response would be you are entitled to your opinion but I will damn well lead my life the way I want to. It's not anyone else's business. Anyway, let's get back to enjoying the marriage of G&A.
Donnamarie
On an all-time Clooney high!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 21:42

The next mrs clooney wrote:Anyone who thinks this wedding is like the Kartrashians wedding obviously never saw the KK spectacle, and to make out George is like KK is disgusting.  The only thing George ever said about the wedding was that it was in Venice, end of story!!  Absolutely disgusted by the comparison!!
I've only read some posts that almost make me feel sick....they just got married and some have started talking about when and how they would divorce...In my country if you dare say such disgusting things at the wedding night, the groom and all the family would beat the sheet out of you!
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 21:48

I've never been to Venice, but I'm assuming
that the quickest way to get from A to B is by
water taxi.
We've seen George arrive this way before in Venice,
many times. To my mind, this time it was no different. Except this time he had his future wife with him.

I enjoyed seeing everyone who was there to celebrate George's marriage to Amal.
I'd have hated not being able to share it all in the way that I was able to, via all the photos here on COH.
It's been an exciting weekend in here !
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 22:00

MeganMorris wrote:
My problem with George wedding was the public spectacle of it  and how he shared every detail with the press even before it happen. He could have had the same big wedding without public spectacle.

He could have have the big wedding, even bigger, shared a few photos with the fans without turning it into a Kim and Kanye wedding. It's sad to me to see George like this. His wedding has become more public and publicity hungry  than Kim and Kanye.

George has not shared every detail with the press, all we have seen so far are people getting in to boats, nothing else.

I cant believe the rubbish i am reading about their wedding, they can get married however they want its their wedding not any of ours, everyone does it differently

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 22:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed paragraph)
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by louisvillelaura on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 22:38

I want to see the dress... period.  That's it.  The dress.  Will she go Grace Kelly, Caroline Bissette, or a little more "blinged" out... she had every designer at her beck and call so I need to know what she did with all those fabulous fashion resources!

louisvillelaura
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 23:31

I have such mixed feelings about this. It disturbs me that anyone could spend so much money on a wedding - yet, as others have pointed out, it's their money to spend and they'll probably get a good chunk of it back from the media. I think the actual events of the weekend and the wedding itself are probably very elegant and tastefully done - no clowns or strippers, thank you. The excess comes from the media feeding frenzy.

Is this a circus? Yes. But I don't think you can blame I all on George. The media hype has been in overdrive since they got engaged. Looking back, he really hasn't said much until very recently. Maybe the details that were leaked were meant to create LESS of a zoo in Venice. Can you imagine the kerfuffle if the paps were tearing around all over the city trying to find out where the wedding was? At least this way there was some control.

Could they have had a  more private wedding? Of course they could have. But this is what they wanted - and to be honest, so did we or we'd have nothing to look at or talk about.
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 00:26

That's a good point Lizzy: some leaked information actually makes life easier/safer for the people involved and the locals who are involved whether they want to be or not.

And we don't know every detail of the wedding.  Do they have a band or a DJ?  What does the cake look like?  Are they doing a first dance; if so to what song?  How is the room decorated?  What do the centerpieces look like? How many in the bridal party?  What do their dresses look like?  How many groomsmen? Did she change dresses between the ceremony and the reception?  Speaking of the ceremony, who was involved?  Was a quick exchange of standard vows, or did they write their own and have family members do readings?  

We know where and what they ate.  That is all.  I'd say we know when, but truthfully, we don't even know what time the ceremony began.  George didn't leave the hotel until well after the media's guess at a ceremony start time.  For all the spectacle, we know very little about what has actually gone down today, and yet because of the the way he handled all this, we feel like we know much more.  That's how good he can be at this game.
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 00:50

Agreed Missa. He is good at this game. IMO he backed off and let the media go crazy, all the while planning (and having) as private a wedding as he could have in a city like Venice.

After all the hype and hullabaloo we really know very little. Just a lot of guesswork and supposition. The spectacle on the canal couldn't be avoided. There's no other way to get around in Venice. Sure he knew the media would be there, but short of getting married somewhere else there wasn't much he could do about it but grin and bear it - and he did so graciously.

I know a lot of people wish they had had a "private" wedding without publicity. In some ways, I do too. But I'm glad they married in a place where it was possible for some photos to be taken - I wanted to see them - it proves it's real. If I didn't see the pictures, I'm not sure I'd believe it.
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 01:33

I was surpirsed that he didn't have it at his estate in Italy
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 01:37

When you think about it, this is so much easier for them. Wedding planners have probably been putting everything together for days. If it was at his home, he would have had to manage all the set-up, entertain 100 for three days and then manage cleanup. This way they swoop in, enjoy their weekend, and zip out for the mini moon.
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by lamby on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 07:08

Global Chick and those who dare say anything remotely critical about His Nibs/Their Hero:

You are on the wrong forum. Your right to have an opposing opinion will not be afforded.
What I find troubling is that grown women can't accept that not everyone is blind to anything negative about their idol. It's not a new concept but generally you'd find this behavior on a Justin Bieber-esque forum.

I know you won't want to believe it but, in the real world, people are laughing at this spectacle of a marriage. Not everyone thinks of George as royalty as you, and he, do.
Yes, of course, he has a right to do whatever he wants but what he wants more than anything is to be box office gold and admired by all.
Take a peek outside of this forum and you will find an overwhelming "who the fuck does he think he is!". That's not what he was expecting but it's what he's got.

Just prior to reading this thread I saw a comment on Celebitchy that pretty much sums up what I think about the whole situation....

"realist says:

@Janya
You’ve been pushing this love story (and anything Clooney related) from day one and I have to say that whilst I’m not sure of your motives, you’ve surely been aggressive in your efforts.

I can assure you that this wedding was the biggest promotional farce we’ve seen since the early years of Hollywood where the studios would pair up-and-coming stars.
This is a marriage of mutual benefit. This is an over the top wedding to prove that George is THE biggest Hollywood star.
He reins. It’s all about ego and money.

What they don’t realize is that in the midst of world upheaval, economic devastation and war, they are not being looked upon fondly, to say the least.

When you look at it with an objective point of view, the millions he is spending on this fiasco is a mere pittance of what he makes from one movie, and that’s not even a movie that does well. He knows well how to take the end percentage.

If you want to believe this is a true love story, so be it.
They are both getting what they signed up for. I’m sure they are friends and will milk this for all it’s worth.
Congrats to the happy couple but let’s keep it real.
They are both fame whores. It’s clear to anyone who has nothing invested.
What will Amal gain? You’re looking at it. "

For those of you that cringe upon any criticism of George and his wife, tough shit. Time to take a walk in the park, see your friends and have yourself a reality check. It'll be okay, I promise.

lamby

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 07:45

Amerai? Spero Che Sara Per tutta la vita, ma non c'e Dubbio Che QUESTO E Stato Uno Spettacolo matrimonio, Uno Spettacolo I MEDIA e TUTTE le foto di matrimonio Che non ABBiamo Ancora Visto, vedremo, erano Tutti tranquillo e probabilmente also Sapere Quale Sarà, ha Detto George Nella SUA Promessa. Il matrimonio Sarà, Esclusiva per Vogue America, ma io ho Visto le foto di Wintur, dal Momento Che il Wintur E UN grande amico di George di Essere invitato al matrimonio? Bellissime foto di George, ho goduto vedendo TUTTE le foto del Suo in QUESTI Giorni, ne dubito non, era che bello. Ho Provato a causa Sensazioni, da Lato delle Nazioni Unite, ho apprezzato la splendida vista dal Lato Opposto e Sorridente, ma ho sentito ONU Senso di delusione, also mostrare! George ha negato se Stesso, o meglio lui ha negato cio Che era stato I Detto per anni: la mia vita Privata DEVE rimanere Privata, Sara amore o di sotto di Tutto C'E Molto Di Più
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 08:38

Aren't we supposed to speak english on this forum?
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 09:17

playfuldeb wrote:Aren't we supposed to speak english on this forum?

Playful - usually those whose native language is not English use Google translate for example, Lela must have simply forgotten that's all. 

Here is Lelas translation which if you were interested in what she said you could have translated it yourself, rather than making your comment, but anyway here it is courtesy of Google Translate

You will love ? What I hope Sara Throughout her life , but there is no doubt that this was one wedding Entertainment , Entertainment One MEDIA and ALL the wedding pictures What we have not seen , we shall see, they were all quiet and probably Also Know Which will , George has said in HIS promise . The wedding will be , Exclusively for American Vogue , but I've Seen photos of Wintur , the Moment That Wintur AND A great friend of George of being invited to the wedding? Great photos of George , I enjoyed seeing ALL of your photos in THESE days , I doubt not , that was nice. I Tried to cause sensations , from the UN side , I enjoyed the beautiful view from the Opposite Side and smiling , but I heard UN Sense of disappointment , Also show ! George denied if same , or better, he denied That was what I said for years : my life Private MUST remain Private , Sara love or below Everything there is much more
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 09:29

lamby wrote:Global Chick and those who dare say anything remotely critical about His Nibs/Their Hero:

You are on the wrong forum. Your right to have an opposing opinion will not be afforded.
What I find troubling is that grown women can't accept that not everyone is blind to anything negative about their idol. It's not a new concept but generally you'd find this behavior on a Justin Bieber-esque forum.

I know you won't want to believe it but, in the real world, people are laughing at this spectacle of a marriage. Not everyone thinks of George as royalty as you, and he, do.
Yes, of course, he has a right to do whatever he wants but what he wants more than anything is to be box office gold and admired by all.
Take a peek outside of this forum and you will find an overwhelming "who the fuck does he think he is!". That's not what he was expecting but it's what he's got.

Just prior to reading this thread I saw a comment on Celebitchy that pretty much sums up what I think about the whole situation....

"realist says:

@Janya
You’ve been pushing this love story (and anything Clooney related) from day one and I have to say that whilst I’m not sure of your motives, you’ve surely been aggressive in your efforts.

I can assure you that this wedding was the biggest promotional farce we’ve seen since the early years of Hollywood where the studios would pair up-and-coming stars.
This is a marriage of mutual benefit. This is an over the top wedding to prove that George is THE biggest Hollywood star.

What they don’t realize is that in the midst of world upheaval, economic devastation and war, they are not being looked upon fondly, to say the least.

When you look at it with an objective point of view, the millions he is spending on this fiasco is a mere pittance of what he makes from one movie, and that’s not even a movie that does well. He knows well how to take the end percentage.

They are both getting what they signed up for. I’m sure they are friends and will milk this for all it’s worth.

For those of you that cringe upon any criticism of George and his wife, tough shit. Time to take a walk in the park, see your friends and have yourself a reality check. It'll be okay, I promise.

There are a range of fans on this forum ranging from the sycophantic through to the fans and former fans who have their rose coloured glasses off. There is room for all of us at the forum and provided people are polite, everyone is entitled to express their point of view.

I fall into the latter category. I was a fan of George during the Celine years and remember the precise moment I started going off him. He went on one of his humanitarian trips to Africa and then flew directly from there to Las Vegas to party with strippers. I knew then there was a problem with him. His behaviour during the wedding has confirmed that. As you quite rightly point out the wedding is a PR spectacle designed by George Clooney and Stan to shore up his position as Hollywood royalty and extend his career at the top in Hollywood. It's true he has acted like a limelight-hogger and media scavenger in relation to this engagement and wedding.  Please refer to my earlier long post as to my views on the situation and why he is doing it.  

He is trying to look more serious to people who matter in the world like Obama and co and using her education to give him more credibility as a humanitarian and to make him headlines all over the world. Also her barrister credentials mean HE looks better when he attends humanitarian events and educated and intelligent people there will be impressed with her again making him look better. He wants to improve his image off the back of her. And improve his standing as a humanitarian. As well as all the other reasons set out in my long post earlier. George is not entering into this out of love but it is a calculated move about what HE can get out of it. She of course will get money, nice clothes and fame. But George is already signing on for a bunch of movies and that does not bode well for any desire she might have for a loving present husband. 

I encourage all of you to look at that video of George giving that calculated speech in Florence a few weeks back and watch his body language when he says that he is holding the wedding in Venice and when he says Amal I can't wait to be your husband. Watch him pause before he gives that part of the speech and Stan was there filming it all and released it to the media outlets.

This wedding my dears is a show. That is why George leaked the details of the wedding in advance and there have been all the leaked photos and exclusives. 

I saw this post elsewhere - it is not mine and I am reposting it:

Overrated old man waited until he was losing his "alleged" (I never found him the least bit attractive) looks before finally settling down. It so reminds me of a line in SEX AND THE CITY when Miranda said, "MEN ARE LIKE TAXIS, THEY DRIVE AROUND AND PICK UP EVERYONE AND THEN ONE DAY THEY PUT THE LIGHT ON AND THE NEXT WOMAN WHO GETS IN THE TAXI THEY MARRY"

Now I do believe Amal came along when the time was right from a PR perspective to get married. I do not believe for a minute he has lost his mind over her but I do believe he decided it was time for another marriage and she happened to come along or was found/sourced by his handlers and he thought she'll do. She will extend his shelf life as an actor. He has not aged well and IMO his career is fading. This marriage and all the incumbent publicity - especially the bump watch and is the relationship strained stories will keep George relevant for the next couple of years. And I do believe that he believes in the 'humanitarian work' she is doing some of which sadly involves representing people charged with war crimes for the most part which will generate some bad headlines for him in the future. George wanted to raise her profile with a huge PR spectacle also so that she can do "some good in the world" according to his views. I wonder if he will take her on a headline grabbing trip to the Sudan BTW. I think George wants to build her into an Angelina Jolie. I also think he wants her to be a fashion icon. Amal is pretty but not beautiful. I believe she will be in non stop designer dresses and gowns from now on and will make appearances at causes she wants to promote that HE and STAN vet to make sure they will not hurt George's career. Amal may be forced to pull out of representing the despots she has been representing which would be bad for George's image and I'm sure Stan will make a statement saying that she is "too busy". Right now Amal is acting like a giddy schoolgirl but she is intelligent - all of us agree on that - and I'm not sure how happy she will be to be controlled and told what she can and cannot do by Stan.

The other thing I want to say and have said via PM is can you please stop merging threads here at the forum. The popular threads will naturally rise to the top and attract posts - merging threads interrupts the flow of the discussion and makes it difficult for posters to find their previous posts. It's confusing.

Last edited by globalchick on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 09:38; edited 1 time in total

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 09:37

Wow what a load of bullshit is getting written on this thread, very very sad
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 09:39

lamby wrote:Global Chick and those who dare say anything remotely critical about His Nibs/Their Hero:

"realist says:

@Janya

I think when you have to quote sites such as Celebitchy for example, you may have just lost your argument. 

Anyone who uses COH regularly will see that we all differ in our opinions on a daily basis, so to say that right is not afforded is absolute bullshit. 

What wont be afforded as long as Im online and moderating are any deviations from the House Rules.
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooney on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:30

I frankly haven't been here in some time nor have I kept up with George in four years or so. But this marriage to me is a joke. I'm allowed my opinion. They may be really happy and this could be the one for him which would make me wrong and I'd accept that. I just think it feels odd so I'm keeping it open with thoughts. I think once I see them together still over a year that this feeling will go away.
Clooney
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rach Clooney on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 11:56

Wow I have just read a lot of these posts, and it is interesting reading. 

I have been a fan of George for a long time and followed his career for many years. 

When I found out he was getting married I was shocked at first but then seeing the pictures of the two of them together, well it made me smile. He looks happy, and is just living his life the best way he can. 

It always made me a little sad when I saw other actors like Ben Affleck and Hugh Jackman accepting awards and dedicating it to their loving wives or partners and well George has never had that special person to thank - until now! 

I don't know if it will last, nothing is ever certain in this crazy world, but if he is happy today, then I wish him and Amal all the best! I hope they have many new experiences and adventures together. - And I am sure with all the media coverage we will see what they get up too Smile 

All the best George and Amal - Live for the moment! x
Rach Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:00

Rach You'll see that soon in January...when he accepts award at Golden Globes...
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:29

theminis wrote:

"realist says:

@Janya

I think when you have to quote sites such as Celebitchy for example, you may have just lost your argument. 

Anyone who uses COH regularly will see that we all differ in our opinions on a daily basis, so to say that right is not afforded is absolute bullshit. 

What wont be afforded as long as Im online and moderating are any deviations from the House Rules.

That's the only problem with COH, when posters/mod disagree they say "Why do you come here, then!"  as a form of embarrassment.
Or, as happened to me yeaterday, they childishly picked on my grammer.
English is not my first language, and other than this site, I do not read in English.
These forms of PUT DOWN come from the playground.
Pathetic, George was great, but like the Emporor his clothes have slipped off, it became very apparent duing this Wedding fiasco BUT IT COULD WELL HAVE BEEN SOME OTHER EVENT THAT EXPOSED HIS TOTAL PRE-OCCUPATION WITH PR.*  MOST PPL SEE THAT POINT.

I don't feel sorry for Amal, she knows what she has got herself into.  I don't buy the dream, and hope therefore neither does she.  I hope she has NO aspirations to change George from the inside out. We know it won't happen.

*I think he exposed more than he would have liked after Brad and Angie, he could see his hoopla slipping, and went into over-drive to sell "The Venice Experience" as hard as he/ they could.  we now know most of the leaks going back as far as May were true, remember how repelled we were of even the thought of a public showie Kardashian style wedding!!! NO JUST NOT GEORGE'S STYLE, how wrong we were.

After the engagement, George maintained his Mr Cool, by saying nothing.
So all the arrangements could be "blamed" on in-laws.
However, when you are PROUD to announce your arrangments in public, as happened in Florence you also announce you are front and centre to the whole opperation, and WANT AND NEED COVERAGE.

People are not stupid, you can fool some of the people some of the time, George's mistake, he tried to fool ALL of the people All of the time.

SAD

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:42

theminis wrote:Someones getting a tad testy -
Alisonfan Im sure you'd be complaining if there went not any photos to look at - no-one is forcing you to check/comment on all wedding related threads

Your point is nowhere near my bone - not saying you cant express yourself, just curious as to if you find all this so offensive, why are you so interested??  thats all, express away

Alisonfan I really think that you are taking my above quotes yesterday way out of context.   I didn't understand what you meant by Too Near the Bone, doesnt mean Im picking on your grammar.

I must congratulate you though, for someone who only reads English on this site, you have done a remarkable job of expressing yourself in the written form.

And yes I totally agree, people aren't stupid and you can only fool some of them.
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 12:52

Clooney wrote:I frankly haven't been here in some time nor have I kept up with George in four years or so. But this marriage to me is a joke. I'm allowed my opinion. They may be really happy and this could be the one for him which would make me wrong and I'd accept that. I just think it feels odd so I'm keeping it open with thoughts. I think once I see them together still over a year that this feeling will go away.
I too have barely been here at this forum in 3 years and have not kept up with George - I saw the Descendents but no other of his movies. However this PR show of his got my attention as there was no way of ignoring it. Stan and George made sure no one could avoid hearing about his engagement and wedding so it came to my attention like everyone's. 

Now the bump watch and the 'is she pregnant' stories will begin and also the "marital strain" stories. So George is assured of headlines for a few years now. Every time he goes out to a bar they will say "he's partying again and his wife is losing patience".

If George and Amal want kids - and IF he hasn't had a vasectomy - then I believe they will try for a child right away. She turns 37 in February. As I said before if George did decide (having previously said emphatically that he never wants kids) that he does want a child, that would explain this rush to the altar. I think Nick said once that George would never have a child out of wedlock. Time is running out for Amal given her age and remember his sperm is old too and recent research shows that that is a double whammy for conception prospects - old eggs and old sperm. It is possible that they might encounter fertility problems at her age. If so I could see that resulting in a strain on the relationship. 

So I say a child right away or they won't have any. At her age she can't afford to wait another minute. The problem with an immediate child is that they barely know each other and having a child right away would bring additional pressure but at her age, if they intend to have kids, they have no choice.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 13:57

I've followed George Clooney for twenty years, seen all his films, enjoyed his interviews and red carpet appearances over the years and been proud to watch him collect so many awards. Not to mention his dangerous trips to Darfur, which are most probably made more often than we realise.
In my opinion George Clooney deserves this wedding celebration in Venice and I wish him and his wife every happiness.
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 14:47

message deleted by Katiedot. You've been told time and time again not to break the rules of the forum. You can't just make up any complete claptrap and post it as fact.

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 15:37; edited 2 times in total
phys major
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 14:52

To answer the question posed in the title of the thread - LOVE

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 14:55

My frustration with some of the more negative posters comes from your absolute certainty that you know the unknowable.  Most of us, when expressing concerns about two people we have never and likely will never meet, use phrases like "I think" and "It looks to me like" and "What I'm seeing is".  We're not anti-criticism; I've in the past been quite cynical about his relationships and not been quiet about it.  But when literally ALL you have to contribute is the same "they're the two worst people in the world" nonsense, on every thread, no matter the subject, maybe you can understand why the rest of us wonder why you bother coming here.  I speak from experience; I took a break from the fan forums for a while during Eli's tenure, and during Stacy's, when I just couldn't add anything positive to the discussion anymore.  

There are some of you here who clearly don't like George anymore, if you ever really did.  That's why we ask "Why do you keep coming here?"  I wouldn't go to a Rush Limbaugh fan forum just to tell them what idiots they are; I don't need the aggravation.  So please, really answer the question.  Why do you keep coming here?  Do you like the attention?  Do you like stirring up trouble?  Do you think if you keep posting the same stuff over and over someone will finally agree with you?  I'm truly curious.
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 15:02

Joanna wrote:I've followed George Clooney for twenty years, seen all his films, enjoyed his interviews and red carpet appearances over the years and been proud to watch him collect so many awards. Not to mention his dangerous trips to Darfur, which are most probably made more often than we realise.
In my opinion George Clooney deserves this wedding celebration in Venice and I wish him and his wife every happiness.
  from Joanna - I wish him and his wife every happiness.

We all do, Joanna. Just because we disagree on their choices doesn't mean we don't want them to be happy.
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 15:28

I agree with what Missa said. I'm new to the forum. There have been some who have said some pretty awful things about George and Amal and their relationship. So I don't understand if you feel this way how you still consider yourselves fans of his. I have nothing against constructive criticism but the nasty things said are all your perceptions. You have No Facts. You sure as hell don't like the kind of wedding he had but is that an excuse to suppose his motives without any facts. I love and respect this man for many reasons. I don't like everything he does but like many friends I have who I might not appreciate everything they do with their lives I still respect and like my friends. Different strokes for different folks people!!!!
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 15:36

[post edited by katiedot to remove quote that breaks the house rules]

Okey Phys Major. I am one of the Rebs on this board. Don't agree with the whole Saint George thing. But I don't like it when people claims they know something like it is a fact and then don't tell you the whole story. What is it you know that you wont  explain here?
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:06

Yeah, I'll bet every gondolier, waiter, water taxi driver, and housekeeper who had to work all weekend at a paying job and accept big tips from Hollywood bigwigs and happy tourists is ready to kick George Clooney's ass right now.

Way2Old4Dis
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:23

Way2Old4Dis wrote:

Yeah, I'll bet every gondolier, waiter, water taxi driver, and housekeeper who had to work all weekend at a paying job and accept big tips from Hollywood bigwigs and happy tourists is ready to kick George Clooney's ass right now.
Good point!  brahahahaha!

Venice is loving this.  Worldwide publicity.  Hotel Cipriani is over the moon from all of it.

Venice is happy, paps are happy, some fans are happy, bitchers are quite happy as the get to bitch constantly.  I think all and all George has done a fine job of stirring everyone up.

I'll bet those water taxi drivers were tipped royally to plow through that water at just the correct speed so that EVERYONE could get their pictures!

I'm looking forward to Vogue - like someone said up thread, I'm dying to see the dress!

Ok carry on - this thread has gotten very entertaining!  ;-)
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:26

Oh yes the water taxi drivers got big money. A German camera team followed the boat from George and you could hear in the background that one of the Team said to a translater "tell the driver to stay close on the boat (clooney) tell him he gets more money"...hehe
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:31

If this is fake, they are the best actors/publicity stunt queens I've ever encountered.

Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:41

Here in Italy everyone is saying that the marriage is a coverage, that he married so publicly because he want to run fort the next presidential and be the next Kennedy, to support their ideas they said that Amal's sunglasses remind the ones of Kennedy's wife.

I think that all this theory is stupid, I don't think he will run for the presidential, and If he does, I don't think he has married her just for improve his image. 
To me, they are really in love and make a very beautiful couple. And the photo by missa confirms my words.

Doug Ross
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 22:48

I swear to God, she looks like if he let go of her she'd blow away! Put some meat on those bones, girl! - Maybe now that they're married she'll EAT! Very Happy

Doug Ross - You're right. It is stupid. He isn't going to run for president in the next - or any- election. Marrying her really wouldn't help him at all. More likely it will hurt any political aspirations he has in the US.
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 05:37

Missa wrote:If this is fake, they are the best actors/publicity stunt queens I've ever encountered.

This photo was taken of a couple who had been going out for 4 months i.e. 16 weeks and factor his work schedule into that so he would have been working for quite a bit of that. Most new couples can make it to the 16 week mark. He's was dating her like all the others. He's dated many women. He married her, I believe, for completely ulterior reasons.

More troubling is that this picture has emerged. Clearly it has been leaked by Stan to extend the coverage of this media circus.

If you follow the comments in social media from non fan forums a very serious backlash has set in due to the whole circus. It's clear that George/Stan wanted 4 days of constant publicity and many in social media are comparing George to Kim Kardashian in his pursuit of publicity/media coverage. I think he has actually done his reputation a bit of damage now and there is still 2 days to go. He has invited the press into his marriage and relationship in an insane way. Has he learnt nothing from Bennifer? I think he wanted that but it has indeed become a runaway train. I think he wanted to launch himself and Amal as a power humanitarian couple. I think this is a signal that he wants them to be front and centre of media attention. Like a Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (of course she is no Angelina). But George thinks he's a master of the media but I think he has miscalculated here. He is playing with fire.

It's clear she loves the cameras and attention. He will also give her a limitless credit card to buy fashion and clothes which is clearly of interest to her. I think she aspires to be a style icon. Will she be happy with 10 cameras following her down the street everyday? George's previous ex's were. Carolyn Bessette wasn't happy. I said in another thread here that Amal's choice of that white short dress when she was getting into boats showed a lack of judgement. A shot of her underwear could have been taken and that would have been in all the papers. And Amal accepting that anti-Israel UN job which could have hurt George's career, causing Stan to have to issue a retraction 24 hours later, shows that Amal has a lot to learn. I think she's a loose cannon. 

Also George has not married his equal. He is calling the shots in this relationship. An equal would have been an actress like Sandra Bullock who stood equal to him in power and celebrity with significant amounts of money of her own and a similar lifestyle she has created for herself, a woman who is not impressed by his fame or celebrity because she has her own.  Not a woman like Amal who is clearly starstruck by his fame, money and lifestyle (which no actress would be) and has now not worked since March 2014. George's ego could never take dating a true equal. 

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 06:28

globalchick wrote:
Missa wrote:If this is fake, they are the best actors/publicity stunt queens I've ever encountered.

This photo was taken of a couple who had been going out for 4 months i.e. 16 weeks and factor his work schedule into that so he would have been working for quite a bit of that. Most new couples can make it to the 16 week mark. He's was dating her like all the others. He's dated many women. He married her, I believe, for completely ulterior reasons.

More troubling is that this picture has emerged. Clearly it has been leaked by Stan to extend the coverage of this media circus.

If you follow the comments in social media from non fan forums a very serious backlash has set in due to the whole circus. It's clear that George/Stan wanted 4 days of constant publicity and many in social media are comparing George to Kim Kardashian in his pursuit of publicity/media coverage. I think he has actually done his reputation a bit of damage now and there is still 2 days to go. He has invited the press into his marriage and relationship in an insane way. Has he learnt nothing from Bennifer? I think he wanted that but it has indeed become a runaway train. I think he wanted to launch himself and Amal as a power humanitarian couple. I think this is a signal that he wants them to be front and centre of media attention. Like a Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie (of course she is no Angelina). But George thinks he's a master of the media but I think he has miscalculated here. He is playing with fire.

It's clear she loves the cameras and attention. He will also give her a limitless credit card to buy fashion and clothes which is clearly of interest to her. I think she aspires to be a style icon. Will she be happy with 10 cameras following her down the street everyday? George's previous ex's were. Carolyn Bessette wasn't happy. I said in another thread here that Amal's choice of that white short dress when she was getting into boats showed a lack of judgement. A shot of her underwear could have been taken and that would have been in all the papers. And Amal accepting that anti-Israel UN job which could have hurt George's career, causing Stan to have to issue a retraction 24 hours later, shows that Amal has a lot to learn. I think she's a loose cannon. 

Also George has not married his equal. He is calling the shots in this relationship. An equal would have been an actress like Sandra Bullock who stood equal to him in power and celebrity with significant amounts of money of her own and a similar lifestyle she has created for herself, a woman who is not impressed by his fame or celebrity because she has her own.  Not a woman like Amal who is clearly starstruck by his fame, money and lifestyle (which no actress would be) and has now not worked since March 2014. George's ego could never take dating a true equal. 

I really like this photo actually I had wished I had seen it earlier...they both look playful.

Unfortunately when dating you only have a choice of who is interested in you and from that you choose...and this would have applied to George as well..... as much as we like him.

I like all ladies used to sit with my mum and say oh this one for George or that one...and yes or no?

Later we see the choice of the person and can be quite surprised whose choosen.

Who George liked may not have liked him back!

We have to stop focussing on looks in this forum imo...it draws you first but it wont hold you....people don't choose final partners on looks more on suitability and how a person wishes to live there life.

The early comments on Georges ageing have been mean....There are quite a few really stunning and still hot men....Sean C, Arnold S, Michael D, Harrison F, Sylvester S...to name a few!!

George does suffer with a few ailments which at times would make him appear tired and older(it does with me also)....and he does like to drink which is the biggest ager of all times...but that's his business.

And this can be changed if he wishes to lead a more healthier and longer life!

Also George has choosen the movies he appears in and some of the choices may not have been that great and he may have just needed the work.

I saw him in The Descendants(only film I have seen so far) and thought his acting was faultless.

The movie was great but it didn't shake the world and give him an award...but his acting skills fine and did deserve one.

If he chooses not to do silly movies and focuses on quality rather than just work for works sake as he no longer needs the money.

He is starting to make good choices now...with his marriage to Amal...if he continues we should see some fine work from him for a long time.

Last edited by NewFanForever on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 06:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 07:00

Nicky80 wrote:Oh yes the water taxi drivers got big money. A German camera team followed the boat from George and you could hear in the background that one of the Team said to a translater "tell the driver to stay close on the boat (clooney) tell him he gets more money"...hehe
Nicky where could we find the video?It has to be online somewhere....and you also mentione in another thread that George said he felt great.I'm dying to see the video. Thanks.
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenn on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 09:39

Picachu wrote:Wow what a load of bullshit is getting written on this thread, very very sad
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]     [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Please...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jenn
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 09:50

Oh Jenn, your giffs are always terrific
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 11:27

Professor Snape! Sadly he never got married. Nor did Dumbledore.
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick on Mon 29 Sep 2014, 12:30

Elisabetta Canalis, 33, went on to say, "he has been a special for me, and very important, just as a father would be." 
Asked by Vespa to elaborate, she said, "between us there was more of a father-daughter relationship. I was unable to clarify this up 'til now." 
The end of the relationship was not caused by a marriage issue, but instead by our personal needs.

I was just thinking back to Elisabetta's quote above. I think she is implying that he wasn't satisfying her sexually. Elisabetta definitely looks like a firecracker. George has documented neck and back injuries. Not sure if this quote has been discussed here in the past.

Makes me wonder about his relationship with Amal. Probably the same I would imagine. George was at his peak when he was with Celine.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum