I forgot my password

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

More ISIS Atrocities

View previous topic View next topic Go down

More ISIS Atrocities

Post by Silje on Sun Sep 14 2014, 10:30

party animal - not! wrote:And this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2755046/Mamma-Mia-wedding-George-Stunning-palazzo-gondoliers-guard-honour-Diana-s-luxurious-hotel-Venetians-predict-spectacular-day.html

I opened this link earlier today and all I saw was the photo  on the top left, which shows the British aid worker beheaded by ISIS and that totally ruined my wedding mood.

Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Re: More ISIS Atrocities

Post by What Would He Say on Sun Sep 14 2014, 12:21

A HERO....
Still more are missing.  SadSadSad

What Would He Say
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

temp move

Post by Picachu on Sun Sep 14 2014, 12:33

RIP DAVID HAINES, another innocent who should be with his family and sadly this will continue if the situation is resolved, how they do that i honestly dont know, its a very scary time for us all

Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie on Mon Sep 15 2014, 03:11

It was so painful to hear about this yesterday, It IS a very scary time in our world and so sad that there is so much hate that exists globally.

Donnamarie
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie on Thu Sep 18 2014, 12:28

After what happened today in Australia, all I can say is 'thank God for our intelligence agencies' all over the world.

sparkie
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Thu Sep 18 2014, 15:19

Saw that on the news last night sparkie.  Very scary times we live in!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/australian-officials-isis-plot-to-behead-random-person-in-sydney-thwarted/

SYDNEY -- Counterterrorism raids in Sydney on Thursday were sparked by security intelligence that the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) was planning a random, violent attack in Australia as a demonstration of its reach, Prime Minister Tony Abbott said.

About 800 Australian police officers were involved in what was the country's largest counterterrorism operation, Federal Police Deputy Commissioner Andrew Colvin said. Authorities detained 15 people and raided more than a dozen properties across Sydney.

Abbott said he had been briefed on Wednesday night about the operation, which was prompted by information that an ISIS (also known as the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, or ISIL) leader in the Middle East was calling on Australian supporters to carry out killings.

Abbott was asked about reports that the people detained were planning to publicly behead a random person in Sydney.

"That's the intelligence we received," he told reporters. "The exhortations - quite direct exhortations - were coming from an Australian who is apparently quite senior in ISIL to networks of support back in Australia to conduct demonstration killings here in this country."

Abbott did not name the Australian.

"This is not just suspicion, this is intent and that's why the police and security agencies decided to act in the way they have," he added.

Police have issued an arrest warrant for a former Sydney nightclub bouncer, Mohammad Ali Baryalei, 33, who is suspected to be Australia's most senior ISIS member.

One man detained in the raid, 22-year-old Omarjan Azari of Sydney, appeared briefly in a Sydney court on Thursday.

Prosecutor Michael Allnutt said Azari was involved in a plan to "gruesomely" execute a randomly selected person - something that was "clearly designed to shock and horrify" the public. That plan involved an "unusual level of fanaticism," he said.

Azari is charged with conspiracy to prepare for a terrorist attack. The potential penalty was not immediately clear.

In court documents, Azari was accused of conspiring with Baryalei and others between May and September of this year to prepare for a terrorist attack. Allnutt said the charge stemmed from the interception of a phone call a couple of days ago.

Police declined to reveal exact details of the attack they believe was being plotted. New South Wales Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said only that it was to be carried out against a member of the public on the street and was at "a very high level."

"Right now is a time for calm," Scipione said in a press conference about Operation Appleby. "We need to let people know that they are safe, and certainly from our perspective, we know that the work this morning will ensure that all of those plans that may have been on foot have been thwarted."

Last week, Australian police arrested two men in Brisbane for allegedly preparing to fight in Syria, recruiting jihadists and raising money for the al Qaeda offshoot group Jabhat al-Nusra, also known as the Nusra Front.

Colvin, who is also the acting Federal Police Commissioner, said the raids conducted in Brisbane on Thursday were a follow-up to that operation. It was not yet clear how the investigations in Sydney and Brisbane were linked, he said.

The government raised its terrorism threat last week from "medium" to "high" on a four-tier scale on the advice of the Australian Security Intelligence Organization. The domestic spy agency's Director-General David Irvine said the threat had been rising over the past year, mainly due to Australians joining the Islamic State movement to fight in Syria and Iraq.

"There are at least 60 Australians that we know of who are serving with ISIL and other terror groups in the Middle East," Abbot said. "There's at least 100 Australians that we know of that are supporting them."

Despite the elevated threat level, Abbott stressed that there was no information suggesting a terror attack was imminent.

Police said at the time there was no terrorist threat to the Group of 20 leaders' summit to be hosted by Brisbane in November that will bring President Obama and other leaders of the world's 20 biggest economies to the Queensland state capital.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie on Fri Sep 19 2014, 09:10

Lorna I think it is going to get a lot worse unfortunately.

sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sat Sep 20 2014, 00:11

Did you see the protests on the news Sparkie - one of the main speakers is a Sheik who has been calling for Sharia Law in Australia for some time - so I wont be doing a whole lot of listening to that particular person.  He said that Australia is invading Iraq that we are the terrorists??

I don't think the people that came out in Lakema protesting have done themselves any favours really - they just made the situation worse. 

The Government/AFP etc are not about to tie up 800 personnel on these raids on a whim, they had phone calls, money transfers, found weapons etc, they have been under surveillance for over 6 months - Im glad they were able to put a stop to that particular attack that was apparently imminent. 

I think the 2 imams of the mosques that had the open day had the best idea, opened their doors to the whole community - that way there is no room for ignorance or fear once you take the time to understand - it was a very prudent gesture.

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie on Sat Sep 20 2014, 09:58

Especially, when they held it on the steps of The War Memorial, that went down real well.

IMO I don't think that there is enough 'moderate' muslims here and all over the world saying any thing against ISIS, Al Quada and all the rest. And that is I think also a bit scary.

sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Sat Sep 20 2014, 12:21

That's true, there is not enough voices from the Leaders whom a lot of the youth look up too.

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 on Sun Sep 21 2014, 23:01

I just watched a documentation about IS on TV. Very scary. They said the leader of IS is much more dangerous then Bin Laden as the leader of IS is not hiding somewhere he is at the front fighting and a very good maneuverer and speaker.
Much better organised then Al Qaeda especially with they propaganda.

They have now a territory in Syria and Iraq which is so big like Great Brtitian. 30 000 fighters so far mostly foreigners. And they take the tax income in they territory, so they have not to worry about money from other countries to get through them.

And the most dangerous is that they are so good to recruite foreigners (especially young people) for the Jihad. So far over 400 Germans (50 Germans died for the Jihad), over 500 British and many from the US are in Syria fighting. The most (not all) Americans who got recruited for the jihad come from Mineapolis area which has the biggest Somali comunity in the US. that's what the CIA said in the documentation.

The most suicide persons are foreigners not locals. And there are head hunters like in Mineapolis to recruit young people. In Germany the youngest was 15 years and he got arrested when he crossed the border to Syria he is now on trial. and those head hunters get money for it.

that makes me ask. What is wrong with our young people. There are born in our country. How can you change sides like that. Always when i see young people with those bearts I can't be neutral...In my head I see a terrorist......Sorry but scary world.

Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone on Sun Sep 21 2014, 23:41

They are indoctrinated from the time they are born to put their religious beliefs before any affiliation to a country.

Many countries are looking at legislation that would make them lose their citizenship if they leave the country to go fight with a terrorist organization.   That way they would not have free access to return.

I would vote YES on that.

If the country of your birth is so awful that you think it would be better to fight in Syria or Iraq for jihad then go and hopefully you'll get killed. 

But if not, then don't think you'll get to come back here and spread your terror, to recruit by spreading your misguided teachings or worse, to commit a terrorist act here.

LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis on Mon Sep 22 2014, 00:52

Im pretty certain that Australia is one the countries that cancel your passport if you go overseas to fight with ISIS, you wont be able to get back home.  

They Government and Police have just been given additional powers - one of which is to ban people travelling to Syria and Iraq.

They just stopped the sister of an ISIS recruiter/fighter who is currently in Iraq or Syria from travelling to Dubai, guess the police didn't believe she was going to Dubai on a holiday?  This particular Australian has been very successful in recruiting others to leave Australia and join the jihad, his own Father released a statement this week saying he is very ashamed, that he does not know who his son is and does not approve of his actions.  

Not sure if the current strategies put into place to combat them (from the Air anyway) will really do anything to stop this particular group, they are hell bent on in their mission

theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkie on Mon Sep 22 2014, 11:10

All people who now travel from Australia to any country that has any sort of fighting Ukraine, Syria. Iraq etc, now have to justify the reason for travelling there. If ASIO doesn't like your reason they take your passport full stop.

sparkie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY on Mon Sep 22 2014, 12:23

LornaDoone wrote:

Many countries are looking at legislation that would make them lose their citizenship if they leave the country to go fight with a terrorist organization.   That way they would not have free access to return.

I hope this legislation is adopted all over the world. All countries should make it well known that if you travel to one of these areas to fight alongside terrorists you will never be able to come home again.

Also, I think that unless you are a relief worker or media person, traveling with government approval, you should be quarantined if you are returning from one of these places. We do it with pets or with people suspected of having a communicable disease. IMO, recruiting for terrorists is like a disease. Make it known that if you have been in one of these places without authorization you will spend 6 months or a year incommunicado in a detention center.

Lastly, I wonder why the people arrested for terrorist acts aren't tried for treason. They're trying to destroy the country in which they live, yet we find all other kinds of crimes to charge them with - never treason, which is really the crime they're committing.

LizzyNY
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 13:15

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum