George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany

+17
ktsue2002
Missa
annemarie
LornaDoone
isogotit
traone
lelacorb
party animal - not!
theminis
Maggy
Butterfly
Joanna
Doug Ross
Silje
melbert
Way2Old4Dis
Nicky80
21 posters

Go down

George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany Empty George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany

Post by Nicky80 Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:17

According to the local newspaper he was there yesterday (Saturday) for 4 hours and left the hospital at 20:30

Google translation

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

George Clooney Council in the Hospital 

MEDICINE Hollywood star can be studied Dr. Ralf Buhl from the back experts. 

A prominent guest has the municipal hospital before probably not yet had: Hollywood star George Clooney has be examined yesterday by renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Ralf Buhl because of pain in the back. After ST-date information took several hours. Only towards the 20.30 clock the 53-year-old has left the house. Four years ago, the actor and Oscar-winner was injured in filming the political thriller "Syriana" at the back and then get headaches. This had been caused by a liquid that leaked from his spine, then reported magazines. The doctors decided, therefore, to operate on him in the spine. 

In later interviews Clooney is quoted, he had suffered from such severe continuous headache that he had considered suicide. After the surgery, the pain had disappeared. Apparently not complete. 

Next month, the man who was long regarded as the most eligible bachelor in Hollywood wants to marry. In Italy he wants the lawyer Amal Alamuddin (36) give the knot. Tabloids had speculated that the couple is pregnant. Recently, the two had been in London to apply for the necessary papers for the wedding. 
PD Dr. Ralf Buhl has come to Hospital in 2009 and has quickly gained an excellent reputation. Page opinion counts: This year, the chief physician gave a lecture at the 5th Neuro talk in China about the importance of observation and operation in neurosurgery. In the hospital at the Gotenstraße the expert uses modern surgical procedures. Neurosurgery is one of two disciplines at the Municipal Hospital, who lighthouse character, that go far beyond Solingen. The other is the ear, nose and throat clinic. 

Neurosurgery has an emphasis on the surgical treatment of diseases of the intervertebral disc. The spectrum covers almost all operations on the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nervous system. 

According to Dr. Hans-Joachim Müller-Stoever (SPD), who wants to be elected in late September to the chairman of the house, such outstanding abilities and achievements are important for a house that is mainly considered as a full catering: "So we might have a reputation far beyond Solingen extends ". That even as far as Hollywood goes, surprise and pleased him.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our gossip newspaper picked it up too

Super-Star can be treated in the cosmopolitan city of Solingen 

Hello Doctor, my name is George Clooney and i have Ouch! - Well, then they make themselves even free! 
IMAGE white: George Clooney (53), which will soon no longer "most eligible bachelor in the world," has gone for treatment of his back for four hours in a hospital - just in Solingen! 
In Solingen? There apparently is the hospital, on the trust the Stars. 

On Saturday, the Oscar winner has reassessed by a renowned neurosurgeon Dr. Ralf Buhl - again on the back. 
About ten years ago Clooney injured during the shooting for the film "Syriana" at his cross and then complained about persistent headaches. As the doctors found out at that time, these were from a liquid that leaked out of his spine. 
Although the operation was successful, but the superstar has regularly check his back. 

He will eventually make a good impression at the altar in September ...

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany Empty Re: George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:26

A pre-wedding tune-up. Can't have back pain and headaches on the honeymoon with the 36-year-old bride.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany Empty Re: George Clooney hospital check in Solingen Germany

Post by melbert Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:33

I do hope that he's okay and it's just a check-up rather than a new injury.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 31 Aug 2014, 18:42

I was just going to post this without Google translation Nicky.So he was in Solingen yesterday for 4 hours?

The thread I started awhile back about Willie Nelson getting health tips from George. The Regenokine method comes from Dusseldorf  I think .Solingen and Dusseldorf are very close right? So George are getting  medical treatment in Germany, maybee he tried the Regenokine method as well since he recommended it to Willie?

If he was there yesterday, I wonder if it was scheduled or if he is sick? He left 20.30, that seems a little late for a scheduled treatment?  

I have thought in several pics that his back have been looking stiff but not in the pics from the Nespresso commercial and that was shot this week right? Did something happen?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 31 Aug 2014, 19:17

Yes Duesseldorf and Solingen are close around 20 minutes drive. I was thinking about this Regenokine treatment too which you posted a while (thread below). Does the treatment take 4 hours???? This could make sense then otherwise I don't know why he would be in the hospital for 4 hours until late hours....

Or he he did check his back again......

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sun 31 Aug 2014, 19:50

I think it was scheduled, otherwise what else should he have done in Germany?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 31 Aug 2014, 20:11

Do we know whether he's a regular visitor to this hospital for treatment ?

That might also explain the kinky orange flip flops from the other day.
They may have been "comfort foot ware" for his back pain.

Hope George is not getting any major relapses
from his injury.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Butterfly Sun 31 Aug 2014, 20:18

Whatever it was... I wish you well George I love you
Butterfly
Butterfly
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 31 Aug 2014, 20:25

Seriously Joanna, you and I have very different opinions on what is kinky. Smile 

But on a more serious note, would flip flops really be good for your back?

I guess what Dr Ross says makes sense, that it was scheduled. Unless something happened, like sliping on the wet grass wearing flip flops, and he was recommended to go there. The shoting was in Italy right so Germany is not too far away?
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 31 Aug 2014, 20:26

Butterfly wrote:Whatever it was... I wish you well George I love you

ME TOO!

Hug1
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 31 Aug 2014, 21:30

Silje, flip flops are good for your feet, doubt they help out your back any. 

Maybe its just a tune-up as Way suggested, more a maintenance kind of check up.  I go once a year to my back guru to have mine looked at, he calls it my yearly service.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 31 Aug 2014, 21:51

Yep, think it's the Clooney/Nelson treatment. Bet he gets a service every summer!

I think the flip flops are part of the jokey script........Grant could tell us

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 31 Aug 2014, 22:04

I think too that the flip flops are part of the script.......

I think the Nelson treatment makes more sense. I'm sure he has his regular doctors in LA where he goes to with his back.....

Or he had pain again and maybe the next best doctor was in Solingen. I'm sure he is more careful to select his doctor. Remember the interview he gave when he said he went to the doctor in Morocco??? and the doctor put it down as something not so bad....and later the spine fluid came out if his nose.....

If he would have pain again I'm sure he selected wisely where to go.

But then again...if you have pain...until you do a research to find a good doctor and end up on a plane to Germany......he could have gone to the Milan hospital..... So I guess it was just a check...
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Sun 31 Aug 2014, 22:09

George always goes to the hospital to do the checks for the back, many times over the years, this news was reported. The flip-flops were only part of the spot, before the wearing Jean Dujardin and then him.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Mon 01 Sep 2014, 00:44

party animal - not! wrote:Yep, think it's the Clooney/Nelson treatment. Bet he gets a service every summer!

I think the flip flops are part of the jokey script........Grant could tell us

I think so. 
Maybe the spot is based on shoes, because on set George was wearing shoes that Jean wears other photos.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 09:10

Eonline has the story too

George Clooney Visits Hospital as Back Injury Continues to Act Up Years After Filming Syriana—Get the Details!

Almost ten years after filming the Oscar-nominated movie, SyrianaGeorge Clooney is still feeling the effects of his on-set injury.

E! News has learned the actor traveled to Duke University earlier this month and then to a hospital in Dusseldorf, Germany to get his back injury looked at.

After hurting his spinal cord while filming a particularly violent torture scene, the 53-year-old actor periodically loses spinal fluid. As a result, it's routine for the actor to tend to the injury when it's warranted.

Clooney's rep could not be reached for comment.

Clooney has had to cope with lingering effects since the accident occurred in 2004.
The back injury turned out to be a torn dura mater, a membrane that covers the spinal cord. Symptoms included severe headaches that give way to spinal fluid leaks.

Along the way, Clooney has still been able to maintain a sense of humor about the injury.
"What you learn after you're 40 is it's just about plugging up holes in the boat," he toldMen's Vogue in 2005.

Fans can rest easy tonight! E! News can confirm Clooney is back in Italy relaxing comfortably. 

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 09:12

If google is right, the Duke University is in Durham NC, USA.

Not sure if they got that right....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 01 Sep 2014, 11:37

Get Well Again Soon George Give Flowers
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by traone Mon 01 Sep 2014, 15:56

Yes, Duke is in Durham, NC.  It is one of the best teaching hospitals in the southeast, thus, having some of the best doctors and surgeons available to all who go there.
traone
traone
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by isogotit Mon 01 Sep 2014, 16:13

Sorry George, feel better soon.  Wedding day is fast approaching.
isogotit
isogotit
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Mon 01 Sep 2014, 19:11

I'm confused. Did the hospital reps or doctors disclose this information? Or did a George rep talk to someone from E! News?

'Cause unless it came by way of a casual observer who saw George go into these medical facilities -- who then followed him to the the docs' offices and sat there to note the time when he came out -- or straight from George or with his permission, revealing this info is in no way ethical.

No wonder he has a concierge physician who evaluates and treats him at home.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 01 Sep 2014, 19:53

Well Way2 now "I" didn't know he had a concierge doc.  Learn something every day.  :-)  HA!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 01 Sep 2014, 20:45

Way2Old4Dis wrote:I'm confused. Did the hospital reps or doctors disclose this information? Or did a George rep talk to someone from E! News?

'Cause unless it came by way of a casual observer who saw George go into these medical facilities -- who then followed him to the the docs' offices and sat there to note the time when he came out -- or straight from George or with his permission, revealing this info is in no way ethical.

No wonder he has a concierge physician who evaluates and treats him at home.

I'm not sure about the Eonline article and the Duke University information but for the German local newspaper it was another Dr and politician, Dr Mueller- Stoever who comment on George visit, maybe the google translation didn't pic it up well but in the last sentence

"So we might have a reputation far beyond Solingen extends ". That even as far as Hollywood goes, surprise and pleased him."

"surprises and pleases him" in the German version the way it was written means he said it and confirmed the visit. This Dr is not the Dr who treated George it is a different one who is now into politics and he wants to be selected as the next Chairman end of September for this hospital. I guess that's why he made it public.....
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 01 Sep 2014, 21:14

This is ridiculous certain things should be private there was no need for this doctor to talk about George being there.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Sep 2014, 21:26

Totally agree. Clearly this guy has done it to suit his own ends, and it was quite likely Our Hero has been visiting there for years.

Let us hope Duke don't take this route to suit their own ends - a certain person wouldn't want to make a big deal out of his treatment.......unless it was in the interest of others who might benefit

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 01 Sep 2014, 21:43

I don't blame him for seeking treatment outside of LA.  TMZ is well-known to have medical staff in all the hospitals on their payroll.  A visit to a hospital there would probably be on all the tabloid sites before he left the building. 

We can argue about the ethics of staged vs candid pap shots and selling your personal life when it's convenient, but between having to worry about keeping medical issues confidential and having your private phone texts and photos hacked and released (as has happened to a slew of female celebrities this weekend), the invasion of privacy these people have to deal with is astonishing.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 01 Sep 2014, 22:00

Yes, the invasion of privacy is ridiculous.  And why does it happen?  Um, to give US the fans info.

So we shouldn't get so high and mighty and in a huff about it.  If there wasn't a market for the info (US) there would be no invasion of privacy.

Not saying it's right - certainly don't agree - but then again there wouldn't be this thread to comment upon if the doc or someone hadn't blabbed.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Mon 01 Sep 2014, 22:46

I wasn't getting high, mighty, or in a huff.  Just recognizing that they have to constantly guard against privacy in matters we take for granted.  It takes the sheen off being rich and famous.  

As far as "demand" goes, IMO it's a "chicken or the egg" situation.  If the doctor hadn't blabbed, no one would be clamoring for George's medical information.  We're talking about it because it's there, which is true of all gossip, I think.  If tomorrow all the tabloids and gossip sites decided to no longer publish truly private information about celebrities (diagnoses, sexual orientation, etc.), we'd read whatever else they published and be fine.  The old "hey, it's what the fans want" is a cop-out the tabloids have used forever.  No excuse, IMO.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 01 Sep 2014, 22:55

Missa wrote:I wasn't getting high, mighty, or in a huff.  Just recognizing that they have to constantly guard against privacy in matters we take for granted.  It takes the sheen off being rich and famous.  

As far as "demand" goes, IMO it's a "chicken or the egg" situation.  If the doctor hadn't blabbed, no one would be clamoring for George's medical information.  We're talking about it because it's there, which is true of all gossip, I think.  If tomorrow all the tabloids and gossip sites decided to no longer publish truly private information about celebrities (diagnoses, sexual orientation, etc.), we'd read whatever else they published and be fine.  The old "hey, it's what the fans want" is a cop-out the tabloids have used forever.  No excuse, IMO.

I think given the amount of pissing and moaning we get HERE on this forum about what George should be doing to satisfy our curiosity, I don't think everyone would be FINE with it.

Which goes back to my point.

The demand is where it starts. And I'm just as bad as everyone else cause I'm here too.

I don't think it's a cop out. They are providing exactly what the fans want.  We just shouldn't bitch about George's loss of privacy since we're the driving force and reason he doesn't get it.

Of course, celebs WANT media exposure or we wouldn't support what brings them their money - their work.

(Reality stars not withstanding since they'll make money off of anything they can get out there including their "private sex tapes" that they've often generated with the express intent of "leaking it" to the media.)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 01 Sep 2014, 23:05

.........and reality tv hasn't helped. It would be an interesting, if boring, exercise to look at the Mailonline for a couple of days and count the number of 'stories' that are self-promotion and self created stories be it divorce, illness, childbirth....

To keep your integrity around all this stuff is admirable - and saying nothing often helps!

Coincidentally this also explains the lack of ice bucket challenge participation. Was always dubious anyway........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 02 Sep 2014, 00:06

Interesting fact: Duke University Hospital NC is 16 minutes away from University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, where Amal is a visiting lecturer............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 02 Sep 2014, 01:38

Where I got my transplant.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 02 Sep 2014, 02:56

I like seeing pictures of George I have no problem with that staged or not. I do not like his personal private health info being put out . I think there should be a line some things can be personal for the celebrity.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Tue 02 Sep 2014, 06:28

I hope george feels better and gets his back treatment. He needs to feel great for his wedding day. god bless you george, bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 02 Sep 2014, 12:39

Since everyone knows he still has back trouble, he may have been ok with a press release saying he was there for treatment. Maybe he thought more people should know about this hospital and the treatment they offer. I'm just glad they didn't release any details of what was done.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:04

Yes Lizzy I can imagine he was ok with that if it's really that good. That would explain why they wrote so much about the doctor and hospital in the article and not about George treatment.
And this doctor who comment on that is into politics and wants to be next chairman for the hospital. Can't imagine he would break the medical confidentiality in public just so he can promote himself. It would more likely damage his career......So maybe all parties agreed to it. But what do I know  Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:37

At the end of the day, all that matters is that 
Our George is Fit, Well and Happy. sunny
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 02 Sep 2014, 15:44

Here another article and this time the hospital director confirmed George visit. Article is from 31. August

Google Translation

Hollywood in Solingen: Clooneys back 

Hamburg / Solingen - The private life of Hollywood star George Clooney is one of the standard themes of the US-gossip reporter. Now the "Solinger Tageblatt" the subject has discovered. No wonder. For the actor can be examined on Friday of the neurosurgical department of the Municipal Hospital Solingen, Clinic Director Hermann-Josef Boekmann confirmed, according to news agency dpa. 

The appointment in the hospital lasted several hours, reports the local newspaper. Reason is the chronic back pain of 53-year-olds. 

Clooney leaves the general public likes to share his illness. He complained about the U.S. television network CBS to be suffering, sometimes he could not sleep at night because of severe chronic pain. The "Hollywood Reporter" confessed Clooney in the context of alcohol problems. 

Clooney's pain was caused by an accident during the filming of the political thriller "Syriana". Over the years, the actor claims to have taken a series of highly addictive agents, reports CBS. Thus, the pain became bearable, but will never completely go away. 

Clooney wants to get married next month, probably in Italy. He is engaged with the London law lawyer Amal Alamuddin. The British declined recently from a request to determine for the UN in the Gaza Strip. A native of Lebanon lawyer was appointed by the UNHRC Committee.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:31

If you are not replacing the seat back as it might make the wedding? Might get stuck and taken to the hospital and then you want to say to be "sexy man alive"!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 02 Sep 2014, 16:58

Don't worry Lela, they probably already have a pully & hoist available in the bedroom just in case "anything" goes ping!!!!!!  Love7
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 02 Sep 2014, 17:14

Or even if it doesn't  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down