George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George's new project The Department - a series
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 22:18 by party animal - not!

»  Back in the UK
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

» George on the Letterman Show
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptyWed 21 Feb 2024, 15:59 by LizzyNY

» George and Amal with a new puppy
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptyWed 14 Feb 2024, 19:14 by benex

» Amal new book on freedom of speech released
 Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! EmptyTue 13 Feb 2024, 18:49 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details!

+10
fava
LizzyNY
annemarie
Katiedot
Nicky80
LornaDoone
amaretti
PigPen
party animal - not!
Silje
14 posters

Go down

Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! Empty Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details!

Post by Silje Mon 18 Aug 2014, 22:36

New link on the wedding. Sorry can only copy the link from my cell.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! Empty Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details!

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Aug 2014, 22:53

Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's wedding day is getting closer!

The 53-year-old actor and his fiancé will likely marry next month at his Lake Como home Villa Oleandra in Laglio, Italy, multiple sources in the area tell E! News.

"George has always loved Como, he finds it very peaceful and relaxing and now Amal has fallen in love with the area as well," a source tells us. "They want to start their married life there with the beautiful lake as a backdrop. George's home on the lake is like a very well oiled machine. He has the local mayor fully on his side and the locals too and he can ensure that press and paparazzi are kept away."

"Doing the wedding in another area of Italy would involve too many people that he doesn't know or trust and George wants to make sure that Amal and both their families enjoy the big day," the source adds. "They want it to be about them celebrating their love and respect for each other with their loved ones watching. And they can do that in Como while keeping everything fully under their control."
Another source says that the wedding will be very "small and intimate."

"This is not going to be a huge Hollywood wedding with Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullockflying in to Italy for a week," explains the source. "George and Amal don't want a media circus with paparazzi helicopters flying overhead and motorbikes chasing after them as they all arrive at the airport in Milan from Los Angeles. They want the wedding to be intimate with quiet but happy and fun dinners and lunches after they've said short but meaningful, hand-written vows in front of their loved ones. They want their guests to enjoy it as much as they do and they know that if the guest list reads like the Oscars invite list with lots of big Hollywood names there it will be intimidating for their families. They can do a party for movie industry friends in Los Angeles at a later date."

As for Clooney and Alamuddin's relationship, a source who recently saw the couple on a romantic date together in Lake Como says, "There's no way this is a fling, it's true love. George is like a different guy now. He seems so much happier and healthier and focused and he looks at least ten years younger now Amal's in his life. When she talks he sits back and listens with a huge proud smile on his face. It's like he can't believe his luck. And she clearly adores him. It seems to be a meeting of hearts and minds and with his power and position of influence and her brains they could take over the world together."

—Reporting by Jen Paul

Last edited by Nicky80 on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 07:22; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! Empty Re: Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details!

Post by PigPen Mon 18 Aug 2014, 23:16

With the exception of the hand written vows, this sounds like a "new mix"of old news we've been bantering about for ages.  No news is slow news !! Reading

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details! Empty Re: Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep: Get the Details!

Post by amaretti Tue 19 Aug 2014, 02:12

Oooh small and intimate , sounds romantic .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 19 Aug 2014, 02:19

Mel I've sent you an email regarding your post.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 19 Aug 2014, 07:28

Merged threads
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Aug 2014, 09:36

It sounds like a counter attack on all the reports that all these celebrities were flying in and that George had rented an island in Venice etc etc etc.

Good that they clarified things.  This sounds much more like the George Clooney I've been reading about all these years.

Ok, speculating now. I'm assuming that they'll do the legal bit of their wedding the day before? I believe (and I haven't bothered to look this up, so could well be wrong) that the two foreign nationals will have to have a legal wedding signed by a judge or registrar (or whatever the Italian equivalent is) first, which I would guess would be done in the judge's offices. Then they'll move on to the celebration part which is where all the invitees, the ceremony, exchanging of the vows, big dress, cake and all the rest come in. I think it's not uncommon for the two events (the legal, notarisation of the papers and the actual ceremony) to be on different days, although I guess they might be able to do both in one day.

The reason I think this is because the bit that makes a marriage legal is the signing of the paperwork before witnesses. Usually, when you get married in your own country you do that as part of the ceremony (doesn't matter whether you're marrying in church, before a judge in an office, or wherever) but I can remember all of my friends who got married to non-nationals (and as neither George nor Amal are Italian, they're both non-nationals) or in another country, the paperwork was more complicated and needed to be done separate to the ceremony, usually a day or two before the ceremony. In about half the weddings I've been to recently, the couple have been technically married before they got married, if that makes sense!

Not sure George and Amal will be the same case, I'm just pondering aloud here.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Aug 2014, 10:16

I think you're right, Katie. It's very similar to buying a house there. A notary's involved earlier on I think.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 11:06

In Italy you have to have a civil wedding if your not  Italian or having a religious church ceremony.  It usually takes place in a town hall or at a venue that is licensed for weddings. That is the legal way there, then they can have a blessing ceremony if they like.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Aug 2014, 12:10

Thanks, Annemarie. According to a website I've just looked at, the "General rule is that civil ceremonies have to be performed inside Town halls walls, but on Lake Como area we have some exceptions". So, places they can legally marry around Lake Como are:

Villa del Balbianello
Villa D'Este (this would be my pick as we know George already goes there often to eat)
Noble villa in Varenna ("Civil ceremonies can also be celebrated in the official town hall, or an outdoor ceremony can be arranged at the Noble Varenna Villa. In either case a sworn declaration must be made two days prior to the wedding date")
The town hall of Bellagio (outdoors in the garden if weather is nice)
A beach club in Lenno
Princess' villa in Tremezzo
Cardinal's villa in Cernobbio (although the legal part of the ceremony has to be done at the town hall first)

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 12:15

I think with the press not being able to hang around Oleandra it may be easier for them to move around. So we may not know when they get their license. But then again maybe someone there will leak the news.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 15:29

Katiedot wrote:It sounds like a counter attack on all the reports that all these celebrities were flying in and that George had rented an island in Venice etc etc etc.

Good that they clarified things.  This sounds much more like the George Clooney I've been reading about all these years.

Ok, speculating now.  I'm assuming that they'll do the legal bit of their wedding the day before?  I believe (and I haven't bothered to look this up, so could well be wrong) that the two foreign nationals will have to have a legal wedding signed by a judge or registrar (or whatever the Italian equivalent is) first, which I would guess would be done in the judge's offices.  Then they'll move on to the celebration part which is where all the invitees, the ceremony, exchanging of the vows, big dress, cake and all the rest come in.   I think it's not uncommon for the two events (the legal, notarisation of the papers and the actual ceremony) to be on different days, although I guess they might be able to do both in one day.

The reason I think this is because the bit that makes a marriage legal is the signing of the paperwork before witnesses.  Usually, when you get married in your own country you do that as part of the ceremony (doesn't matter whether you're marrying in church, before a judge in an office, or wherever) but I can remember all of my friends who got married to non-nationals (and as neither George nor Amal are Italian, they're both non-nationals) or in another country, the paperwork was more complicated and needed to be done separate to the ceremony, usually a day or two before the ceremony.  In about half the weddings I've been to recently, the couple have been technically married before they got married, if that makes sense!

Not sure George and Amal will be the same case, I'm just pondering aloud here.
Playing devil's advocate-  the scene at the airport boarding a private jet... and now nowhere to be found- could they have gotten the license and are now on a private honeymoon?

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 19 Aug 2014, 15:36

That's what I've been thinking too PP.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 19 Aug 2014, 15:46

According to EOnline they're on vacation in Cabo . There's no date for the pics that I could see, but the inference is that they're there now. I could be mistaken about the date, but the pics surfaced yesterday.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Aug 2014, 15:56

What pics, Lizzy?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Aug 2014, 15:59

PigPen wrote: the scene at the airport boarding a private jet... and now nowhere to be found- could they have gotten the license and are now on a private honeymoon?
You mean these pis from Chi magazine? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Or were there others? I didn't think these pictures had gone anywhere.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:22

Yes, I meant these. 

I didn't think these pictures had gone anywhere  Don't understand this.

As much as I'm not Amal's biggest fan ( there's a news bulletin), I hope they are not honeymooning in Cabo.  Why?  Because IMO a honeymoon should be someplace fresh and new.  Not somewhere where your new husband has dragged a bevy of babes.  Yeah, I know, they'll be secure and can control photos.  But still...I suppose the same can be said about Como.  My opinion= yuck!!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:26

I think maybe honeymoon before the wedding. Since they both have to go back to work in September. I would think Amal would want her family there for the wedding and so would George. Wherever they went Gio was with them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:27

The pictures at the bottom of the E story are from early this year when they attended the wedding of Georges friend in Cabo. I don't see any other pictures there of them .

Last edited by annemarie on Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:30; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:28

PigPen wrote:I didn't think these pictures had gone anywhere  Don't understand this.
Sorry, I meant that I hadn't noticed that the pictures had disappeared.  I think you'd said these pictures had disappeared so I was just asking from where they'd disappeared.

PigPen wrote:I hope they are not honeymooning in Cabo.  Why?  Because IMO a honeymoon should be someplace fresh and new.  Not somewhere where your new husband has dragged a bevy of babes.  Yeah, I know, they'll be secure and can control photos.  But still...I suppose the same can be said about Como.  My opinion= yuck!!!
 I hear what you're saying although George is a creature of habit and goes where it's easiest for him.  Maybe Amal can change him?  She did after all persuade him to go to Dubai and Tanzania which were new destinations for him.  And of course we only found out about those trips because team Clooney leaked the photos so I question how serious he is about truly having a private honeymoon away from all the razzamatazz.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:32

Annemarie- I'm thinking the civil service- not the big TA DA wedding with family etc.

So much for the honeymoon theory.  A body guard tagging along??? Unless he was seeing the couple off at the airport.  Didn't appear Gio had tagged along on the safari.

Oh well.   Another Clooney hiding, another theory!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:34

I think he will go where ever Amal wants to go.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:35

Lol, PigPen he is darn good at hiding. I am grateful for any pictures we get at this point.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:37

IMO, he's all razzamatazz.  Like you said Katie.. a creature of habit.   My opinion... no photos were ever leaked- they were assigned/designated.  "be sure you "leak" xyz with photos abc.  Gotta love it Smile

If he wanted true privacy, there would be NO photos ( balcony gathering, dinner, snuggling, etc blah blah and all that)  he talks a good story though, doesn't he!! LOL.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:38

Where do you see that they are in Cabo?  That would not make sense to me.  The only thing I could find was a timeline referencing they were in Cabo months ago for Thom's wedding.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 16:49

annemarie wrote:I think he will go where ever Amal wants to go.
LOL LOL LOL You make him sound henpecked!!!!!!!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 17:00

Lol not henpecked just a man in love who wants his bride to be happy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 19 Aug 2014, 18:15

fava wrote:Where do you see that they are in Cabo?  That would not make sense to me.  The only thing I could find was a timeline referencing they were in Cabo months ago for Thom's wedding.
Who was Thom's bestman?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Aug 2014, 18:39

Who knows? They were there after the engagement announcement I think - and also there at Christmas

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 18:47

PAN.. the trip right after the non-announcement announcement was Thom's wedding.  It was the private jet trip with the questionable translucient funky pants and denim jacket.  HA!  Who says I have CRS ( can't remember %&&*)!!

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 19 Aug 2014, 19:30

The boys were there Rande , Ben and George don't know who was the best man.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 19 Aug 2014, 20:22

Katiedot wrote:What pics, Lizzy?
On the same eonline.com page as the "Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep:...", below the article, there are photos of "George and Amal's romantic getaway"  that links to  their "first vacation as an engaged couple".

These are photos I hadn't seen before. They're not dated as far as I can see, so I don't know when they were taken, but they turned up on the site yesterday - giving the impression that they are recent. I really don't know.

Sorry I'm such an incompetent that I can't post the article here.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Tue 19 Aug 2014, 20:24

Lizzy, you're preaching to the choir, re: posting article sites.  I've only been able to do it twice since I joined.   LOL LOL LOL

The photos are indeed from the trip for Thom's wedding.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 19 Aug 2014, 20:52

LizzyNY wrote:
Katiedot wrote:What pics, Lizzy?
On the same eonline.com page as the "Inside George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's Lake Como Wedding Prep:...", below the article, there are photos of "George and Amal's romantic getaway"  that links to  their "first vacation as an engaged couple".

These are photos I hadn't seen before. They're not dated as far as I can see, so I don't know when they were taken, but they turned up on the site yesterday - giving the impression that they are recent. I really don't know.

Sorry I'm such an incompetent that I can't post the article here.
Now I am totally lost Lizzy. I can only see one pic on eonline.com page. It's on top of the page. There are no photos below the article. It this a regional thing  or because I'm on a cell? Strange.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Aug 2014, 21:05

Yes, there are pictures at the bottom of the article (http://uk.eonline.com/news/570355/inside-george-clooney-and-amal-alamuddin-s-lake-como-wedding-prep-get-the-details) of them at Thom's wedding in Cabo in May which were on this site here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Tue 19 Aug 2014, 21:09

Okey, I figured it out. It was because I was on the cell. Had to change it to desk-top view. I saw the photos, it was the old photos from when they were first engaged and went to Mexico. 
Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Wed 20 Aug 2014, 05:50

George Clooney looks so in love with Amal and caring in this pic!  Sad  Wedding

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:35

Latest gossip. The wedding  wont be this month because George is busy in the US and Como is full of tourists. New speculation; maybee the wedding will be in England?

Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:58

If George is in the US, why haven't we got a picture? Especially if he is busy with a project, he has to go out to his office...
And yesterday another article said they were once in Prague. Amal seems to have been back in UK for work. So maybe they took the private jet for an European trip then headed for work respectively.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 21 Aug 2014, 11:26

If they put Italy on the banns the wedding will be in Italy. They will either get marred this month or next month. There is no way they didn't know their schedules before planning the wedding so there would be no need to change it for work.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 21 Aug 2014, 13:05

According to the Gov.UK page the certificate of no impediment (CNI) is only valid for 6 months if it was obtained in England for a marriage in Italy. So they should be marries this year at least.
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 21 Aug 2014, 13:14

Wouldn't six moths from the CNI take it into 
February 2015 ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Thu 21 Aug 2014, 13:24

Joanna wrote:Wouldn't six moths from the CNI take it into 
February 2015 ?
 Your right Joanna. I suck at counting. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Aug 2014, 14:20

The early reports all said he wanted to get married Sept. 20, to mark their 1 year anniversary. If true, they never planned to get married this month and are probably right on schedule for what they have planned.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 21 Aug 2014, 16:10

So, they started dating in September, not in October?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Aug 2014, 16:20

Nope, they met on September 20, 2013 (assuming that date is correct). Rumour is that they want to marry on the anniversary of when they first met.......

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 21 Aug 2014, 16:33

Unless George states an announcement on their wedding and claims the date is their anniversary, we'll never know for sure.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 21 Aug 2014, 16:37

I'm rather confused...  going all the way back to April/May.  If memory serves me correct ( and today, that is definitely questionable), wasn't it Cindy Crawford, who when asked by (?) the press when the wedding would be, blurted out "September".  After a while, for a multitude of reasons, rational or otherwise, the press ran with that story and it's become  "a matter of fact"  ( wink wink) that the wedding would be Sept.  More specifically Sept 20 to mark the 1 yr anniversary.   Given all that, and how George has tried to keep a handle on all this, 

1) Why would Cindy Crawford be so forth coming with the info??

2) Why didn't George have better control protecting the date

3) Does he, in fact, want the information out there.  Maybe as a prank ( like the April Fool's joke about buying another home in Italy), and the date was never Sept.

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 21 Aug 2014, 16:53

Let's be real all of this has been gossip no concrete facts from the bride or groom. I think the September date is a ruse it started to fly so they let  it go. Cindy said September she didn't say the 20th.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:58

party animal - not! wrote:Nope, they met on September 20, 2013 (assuming that date is correct). Rumour is that they want to marry on the anniversary of when they first met.......
We know in what occasion?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down