George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

» George and Amal in France with new St Bernard puppy
Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 EmptyMon 26 Feb 2024, 22:31 by Ida

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Robin Williams Dies - Suicide

+17
Missa
Pita428
melbert
Picachu
Nicky80
LizzyNY
Atalante
it's me
Maggy
NewFanForever
PigPen
Sevens
theminis
Way2Old4Dis
Silje
Joanna
LornaDoone
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Robin Williams Dies - Suicide - Page 2 Empty Re: Robin Williams Dies - Suicide

Post by melbert Sat 16 Aug 2014, 21:18

Oh Atalante...  you could have gone all day long without saying that.  That was totally insensitive and rude.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 16 Aug 2014, 21:20

Joanna - What a beautiful video. Thanks for posting. I know that what he proposes isn't always enough, but it is a first step and can make all the difference to someone feeling alone in the world. It can never hurt to let someone know that you care.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Mon 18 Aug 2014, 16:37

[size=32]Twitter working to change its policies following Zelda Williams’ harassment [/size]
By Williams Pelegrin — August 15, 2014

The acting community at large suffered a severe loss this past Monday when Robin Williams was found dead in his California home of apparent suicide. In the wake of his death, his daughter, Zelda Williams, has faced harassment on Twitter in the form of a photoshopped image of her dad. Now, Twitter is looking to change its policy about harassment.
Related: Miss Netiquette’s guide to dealing with your online frenemies
More specifically, the image in question was a gruesome fake autopsy photo of her father, posted by anonymous accounts. This forced the 25-year-old to post a statement on Twitter, saying she will leave Twitter and other social media.
Twitter released a statement to The Wrap in response to the statement, saying that several accounts have been suspended and that it is in the process of improving its policies.
“We have suspended a number of accounts related to this issue for violating our rules and we are in the process of evaluating how we can further improve our policies to better handle tragic situations like this one,” said head of Twitter’s Trust and Safety Team Del Harvey. “This includes expanding our policies regarding self-harm and private information, and improving support for family members of deceased users.”
Facebook also released a statement, saying that the photo is in violation of user policy and is “being actively flagged and removed across both platforms as it pops up.” Facebook owns Instagram, where the photo is reportedly also circulating.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 18 Aug 2014, 19:05

melbert wrote:Oh Atalante...  you could have gone all day long without saying that.  That was totally insensitive and rude.
Insensitive, rude, ... ??? Excuse me ??? There were talks no ??? It's just a question. Gosh. Some of you ... pfffffff.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Wed 20 Aug 2014, 02:37

I started thinking about Art when I noticed Maggy's avatar on another thread. It's discussed on this thread that Robin Williams suffered from anxiety. I think this painting from Edvard Munch, The Scream shows what Angst means, at least too me.

http://www.estetiska.nu/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/edvard-munch.jpg
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 20 Aug 2014, 05:18

Atalante wrote:
melbert wrote:Oh Atalante...  you could have gone all day long without saying that.  That was totally insensitive and rude.
Insensitive, rude, ... ??? Excuse me ??? There were talks no ??? It's just a question. Gosh. Some of you ... pfffffff.
No Atalante it just shows that you'll go for a joke at ANY expense - even someone's suicide.

That you would make a joke about something like that is insensitive.

But hey, you're funny in your own mind so do as you must and we'll just try to ignore your faux pas.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 20 Aug 2014, 05:50

David Letterman pays tribute to Robin Williams.  This was posted today it's already gotten over 1 million views!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 20 Aug 2014, 07:09

So sad for robin and what a great loss as an actor and humantarian. He was a great comedian and I was lucky to have worked with him several days on Preachers wife. He was a joy to be around and always told jokes in between takes. what a tragic loss also for his family and friends. may god rest his soul and he is out of pain and no more suffering. god bless. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 21 Aug 2014, 17:41

Announced today... Emmy Awards broadcast is this coming Monday .  Billy Crystal is going to do a special tribute to Robin Williams during the broadcast.  

Also, tonight 8PM BRAVO is rebroadcasting Robin's appearance on The Actor's Studio.  He was sooooooooooo funny, that the first time the network rebroadcasted it, they posted a warning that a member of the studio (during the taping)  suffered a hernia from laughing.   I believe it.  he was an amazing talent.

His cremated remains were scattered along San Francisco Bay recently.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:02

LornaDoone wrote:
Atalante wrote:
No Atalante it just shows that you'll go for a joke at ANY expense - even someone's suicide.

But hey, you're funny in your own mind so do as you must and we'll just try to ignore your faux pas.
Excuse me, it was just a QUESTION, YOU in your narrow mind thought it was a joke. Grow up !
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 21 Aug 2014, 19:42

Pigpen - Thanks for the heads-up. I stopped watching Bravo ages ago, so I would have missed it. I remember seeing the "interview" when it first aired and it was hilarious.

BTW, does anyone know if ITAS is still in production. They haven't aired a new show in ages.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 21 Aug 2014, 23:14

Atalante wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:
Atalante wrote:

Excuse me, it was just a QUESTION, YOU in your narrow mind thought it was a joke. Grow up !

Sorry to disappoint you but I AM a grownup and it didn't come across as a question it came across as a joke. And the first question anyone who IS a GROWNUP would ask is why anyone would ask a question like that given that the person who inhabited the role with such gusto and heart will never be able to reprise it now that he is deceased?  To me, only an insensitive person.

So you can pull your holier-than-thou-I'm-so-shocked-claws back in Atalante.  No matter WHAT your intention we're telling you it came across as insensitive.  Back track all you want.  Bitch about it all you want.  That's how it was perceieved by those of us who would have NEVER thought to ask such a question.

So you can respond AGAIN as you will but I won't be responding back to you.  I think the point has clearly made.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 22 Aug 2014, 00:47

Robin Williams : Actors Studio 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0IDy5GlUuf8

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 22 Aug 2014, 02:34

Jo - Thanks for posting the show. I got a phone call just when it started that lasted right up to the end. Then my friend was tired and had to hang up! Phooey! I wish I was rude enough to tell her I'd call her back, but I couldn't do it - she needed to talk.

So, thanks again. Now I'll be able to watch it. Give Flowers
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 22 Aug 2014, 03:25

Brilliant!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 22 Aug 2014, 10:01

Lizzy you'll be able watch it when're now....I just had a hunch it would be there in Good Ole You tube !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 22 Aug 2014, 11:59

Jo - I had thought of trying Bravo directly, but most of the ITAS interviews there are chopped up into little bits - if they're there at all. I figured Youtube would be the same, so didn't look there. Next time I won't be so lazy. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 22 Aug 2014, 13:23

Lizzy..I always look on YouTube first for anything I'm interested in and have nearly 100% 
success rate.
I've discovered new singers that way and old TV shows
with The Rat Pack at their best !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 22 Aug 2014, 13:51

LornaDoone wrote:
Atalante wrote:
LornaDoone wrote:
Atalante wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I AM a grownup and it didn't come across as a question it came across as a joke.  And the first question anyone who IS a GROWNUP would ask is why anyone would ask a question like that given that the person who inhabited the role with such gusto and heart will never be able to reprise it now that he is deceased?  To me, only an insensitive person.

So you can pull your holier-than-thou-I'm-so-shocked-claws back in Atalante.  No matter WHAT your intention we're telling you it came across as insensitive.  Back track all you want.  Bitch about it all you want.  That's how it was perceieved by those of us who would have NEVER thought to ask such a question.

So you can respond AGAIN as you will but I won't be responding back to you.  I think the point has clearly made.
Oh I get it, you have just shown your true self: holier-than-thou-I'm-so-shocked-claws. You are a pretty dominating person on this forum. But hey don't worry, I'm only interested in ... FACTS.  Laughing
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 22 Aug 2014, 18:27

Robin Williams' ashes scattered in San Francisco Bay.

I guess for a man who so loved the SF area it seem appropriate that his family would lay him to rest there.

I feel bad for his daughter, she took a lot of heat on Twitter and Facebook - so much so that she withdrew from both accounts.  Just can't understand people and what they feel is appropriate to say to a family member who is grieving.  

His talent will surely be missed.  

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/21/showbiz/robin-williams-ashes/

(CNN) -- Actor Robin Williams was cremated and his ashes were scattered in San Francisco Bay, according to his death certificate.

Williams was found dead in his Northern California home August 11 from what investigators suspect was a suicide by hanging. The certificate, obtained by CNN on Thursday, says his ashes were scattered off the coast one day later.

It also says the cause of death is "pending investigation."

According to Marin County Assistant Deputy Chief Coroner Lt. Keith Boyd, investigators believe Williams used a belt to hang himself from a bedroom door.

Boyd would not confirm or deny whether Williams left behind a letter, saying that investigators would discuss "the note or a note" later.

The coroner's investigation "revealed he had been seeking treatment for depression," Boyd said.

He spent time in a treatment facility in July, a time when his wife and representative have said he was battling depression.

Media reports at the time speculated that Williams had resumed drinking alcohol, but a statement from his wife appears to dispute those reports.

Williams was sober but struggling with depression, anxiety and the early stages of Parkinson's disease when he died, his widow said last week.

"Robin spent so much of his life helping others," she said. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the front lines, or comforting a sick child -- Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid."
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2